Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Worst tv shows?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
If we’re counting anime in with tv shows, then definitely Sword Art Online. The writing was embarrassingly bad, like something you’d read in a fanfic written by a 12 year old bad. I’m especially bitter because that series had the potential to be amazing. The first episode of the anime was actually really good too, but then it’s all downhill after that.

Also pretty much every reality tv show ever is garbage. I recall MTV’s reality dating show, Next (I think it came out in like 2006???), to be particularly cringey. How they came up with so many horrendously bad one liners is beyond me.
If we’re counting anime in with tv shows, then definitely Sword Art Online. The writing was embarrassingly bad, like something you’d read in a fanfic written by a 12 year old bad. I’m especially bitter because that series had the potential to be amazing. The first episode of the anime was actually really good too, but then it’s all downhill after that.

Also pretty much every reality tv show ever is garbage. I recall MTV’s reality dating show, Next (I think it came out in like 2006???), to be particularly cringey. How they came up with so many horrendously bad one liners is beyond me.
Recent seasons of The Simpsons, Family Guy, SpongeBob, and The Big Bang Theory are in my opinion some of the most unfunny, poorly written "comedy" shows on television right now. The first three all had genuinely clever, funny episodes and while I'd say that The Big Bang Theory was never a great show the first few seasons had their moments. Unfortunately TBBT flanderized all the characters, Family Guy tried and failed to copy South Park's edgy humor, and SpongeBob and The Simpsons became the shows they started off parodying.

As far as possible repercussions go 13 Reasons Why is among the worst. The show sensationalizes heavy topics and Hannah's tapes are a twisted revenge plot. The writing isn't terrible and the acting is good but the show is much more damaging than others like it.
Recent seasons of The Simpsons, Family Guy, SpongeBob, and The Big Bang Theory are in my opinion some of the most unfunny, poorly written "comedy" shows on television right now. The first three all had genuinely clever, funny episodes and while I'd say that The Big Bang Theory was never a great show the first few seasons had their moments. Unfortunately TBBT flanderized all the characters, Family Guy tried and failed to copy South Park's edgy humor, and SpongeBob and The Simpsons became the shows they started off parodying.

As far as possible repercussions go 13 Reasons Why is among the worst. The show sensationalizes heavy topics and Hannah's tapes are a twisted revenge plot. The writing isn't terrible and the acting is good but the show is much more damaging than others like it.
I...don't see the appeal of Adventure Time
I...don't see the appeal of Adventure Time
Frankenstein3.jpg
Most television shows are garbage, to be completely honest. However, I particularly dislike shows with an avid teenage fandom, like Supernatural, Sherlock, Voltron, etc, because I feel they are extremely overrated to have such a dedicated (and often obnoxious) following. They are always the worst about queerbaiting and attracting fans who fetishize gay men. :/
Most television shows are garbage, to be completely honest. However, I particularly dislike shows with an avid teenage fandom, like Supernatural, Sherlock, Voltron, etc, because I feel they are extremely overrated to have such a dedicated (and often obnoxious) following. They are always the worst about queerbaiting and attracting fans who fetishize gay men. :/
dr. oz

all he spouts is useless crap that doesn't work trying to hop on trends or scaring people into buying the products he endorses
dr. oz

all he spouts is useless crap that doesn't work trying to hop on trends or scaring people into buying the products he endorses
Ollie | he/him
eGiN2Xv.png F8WMfQz.png thDLJf3.png
Jersey Shore. God I hate that show
Jersey Shore. God I hate that show
zbWELyv.png
tuDXykQ.png
TTd5qF8.png
wmaQkkP.png
sapphire/jekyll
he/she
fr time+3
commissions
That mini-series about Shakespeare. I think it was called Will or something. That was absolute garbage
That mini-series about Shakespeare. I think it was called Will or something. That was absolute garbage
tumblr_osyumbq9JU1v8lm95o3_100.gif Cora Genderfluid INFP Leo
Hatchery
My Photography
Tumblr
Join My Discord!
Spotify
Pinterest
riverdale lol
riverdale lol
HpBICfc.gif
» about me
» commissions
Any of the straight-to-Netflix animated Dreamworks movie sequel shows.
I take the Home cartoon as a personal insult. :/
Any of the straight-to-Netflix animated Dreamworks movie sequel shows.
I take the Home cartoon as a personal insult. :/
FObX7rS.png
BzjAkuF.png
5hF3FGk.png
yUgY90m.png
Hey, I'm Charlie!
she/they
nonbinary & queer
There was a very short lived spinoff to extreme couponing named "greatest cheapstakes" or whatever.

This show was the most disgusting I've seen on television. It's been a while and I've done some repression of this stuff, but I distinctly remember someone recycling toilet water for consumption. And not in the manner that would make it drinkable.

Also Ghost Asylum, but it's more "so bad it's funny" than straight bad.

Also agreed about Dr. Oz. That's probably second or third place.
There was a very short lived spinoff to extreme couponing named "greatest cheapstakes" or whatever.

This show was the most disgusting I've seen on television. It's been a while and I've done some repression of this stuff, but I distinctly remember someone recycling toilet water for consumption. And not in the manner that would make it drinkable.

Also Ghost Asylum, but it's more "so bad it's funny" than straight bad.

Also agreed about Dr. Oz. That's probably second or third place.
My writing project.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9