Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | 70's/80's music anyone???
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14
@frankenfurta Yeah they're cool, I gotta check out more stuff by them I do love me 80s snyths Has anyone ever watched the TV show Square Pegs? It was only one season but it was basically an, at lastly partly, New Wave themed show. Also just classic high school loser coming of age stuff, but very New Wave. They had Devo and Richard Blade as guests, The Waitresses did the theme song, it was just fun to watch. Apparently behind the scenes was an absolute train wreck which is why it kinda got called off, but if you're into 80s music it's fun to watch [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/4f72707ec28ca9486220807c710446b6/tumblr_n98fu4nfpg1qcygcoo1_400.jpg[/img][/center]
@frankenfurta
Yeah they're cool, I gotta check out more stuff by them
I do love me 80s snyths

Has anyone ever watched the TV show Square Pegs?
It was only one season but it was basically an, at lastly partly, New Wave themed show. Also just classic high school loser coming of age stuff, but very New Wave. They had Devo and Richard Blade as guests, The Waitresses did the theme song, it was just fun to watch. Apparently behind the scenes was an absolute train wreck which is why it kinda got called off, but if you're into 80s music it's fun to watch

tumblr_n98fu4nfpg1qcygcoo1_400.jpg
@LizardKing

I will be watching that :0. Anything new wave is my thing hehehehe
@LizardKing

I will be watching that :0. Anything new wave is my thing hehehehe
4QHOPZH.gif qfz2UbY.gif TLLxiUb.gif 2DQfXs9.gif V30vSWT.gif
@Superunknown

Yesssss I love those!!! Another brick in the wall hehehheh. Me too, it's kinda sad but I didn't really realise until I was about 10 that the music I was listening to was already 30 years old ;)
@Superunknown

Yesssss I love those!!! Another brick in the wall hehehheh. Me too, it's kinda sad but I didn't really realise until I was about 10 that the music I was listening to was already 30 years old ;)
@magnoliawater

YESSSSSS I love all of those! Depenche mode is one of my favourites ;). New wave is literally the best thing ever, and you find some really good crap trawling through YouTube hehhe. Bloody love joy division too

My parents were a little young to get into new wave at the time haha, but they still lived during it (I'm so jealous :(
@magnoliawater

YESSSSSS I love all of those! Depenche mode is one of my favourites ;). New wave is literally the best thing ever, and you find some really good crap trawling through YouTube hehhe. Bloody love joy division too

My parents were a little young to get into new wave at the time haha, but they still lived during it (I'm so jealous :(
@Blackclover

I do notice that actually in a lot of these new songs. You hear the similar sounds hehe. Also in gaming, I hear similar sounds. For example when I was younger I used to play mario and sonic at the 2012 games, and some of the music in there is dead similar to tears for fears sowing the seeds of love. It pretty cool actually hahah. And plenty more I can't think of. Jak and darter had a few influences too
@Blackclover

I do notice that actually in a lot of these new songs. You hear the similar sounds hehe. Also in gaming, I hear similar sounds. For example when I was younger I used to play mario and sonic at the 2012 games, and some of the music in there is dead similar to tears for fears sowing the seeds of love. It pretty cool actually hahah. And plenty more I can't think of. Jak and darter had a few influences too
@LoversMasque

YESSSSS
@LoversMasque

YESSSSS
@Echus

Ahayyyyy I love a lot of these, especially supertramp (got the breakfast in America lp last month) and tears for fears. I'm gonna have to give some of those a listen I've never heard of them
@Echus

Ahayyyyy I love a lot of these, especially supertramp (got the breakfast in America lp last month) and tears for fears. I'm gonna have to give some of those a listen I've never heard of them
@kohntullr

JOHN TAYLOORRRRRR
@kohntullr

JOHN TAYLOORRRRRR
@Wyndigo

Thanks hahaha, I'll let you know if I ever find it

20 years later probably hahah
@Wyndigo

Thanks hahaha, I'll let you know if I ever find it

20 years later probably hahah
@Ventoux

I know hey XD. I vaguely remembered talking a bout 80s music so I tried to find it. Then i realised I was the one who actually made the thread XD. I LOVE THE STRANGELRS!! Life has no mercy is really good too :0

I know www it's so frustrating. And I even went back through the radio songs that day to find what ones they played and had no luck :(
@Ventoux

I know hey XD. I vaguely remembered talking a bout 80s music so I tried to find it. Then i realised I was the one who actually made the thread XD. I LOVE THE STRANGELRS!! Life has no mercy is really good too :0

I know www it's so frustrating. And I even went back through the radio songs that day to find what ones they played and had no luck :(
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14