Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Voltron (season 3)
1 2 3 4 5
[quote name="CosmicSummer" date=2017-08-04 09:25:38] *slides on in* Hello there I watched when I woke up because the release is at three AM for me and the only place that I can watch it is in my parent's room so eh I wish it wasn't so, but I was kind of disappointed. The first few episodes had me very messed up and not in a good way. I was a complete mess and I swear I am going to lose my voice sometime today. I just personally don't like Keith and Allura as characters and the lion switch just made it a hundred times worse for me to accept. I wish I could stop wanting to dwell in the past and not accept change, but it happens every time with me. I really do hate change haha It was a little too fast paced for my liking, but I'm not sure what I was expecting with it only being seven episodes. I knew that they had gotten Shiro back way too fast so I am on board with that not being Shiro(also the Galra, as fake/clone Shiro left, said something about phase three. So obviously it's an experiment duh) The one thing that made up for everything, in my mind, was the backstory of Voltron. Haggar is my favorite and I flipped out when I saw her. I still love her after all that's happened. I love Zarkon too and I am elated that he didn't die like bless. I was also excited to learn that Zarkon literally did everything to save his wife. All he was doing was supporting his wife and them getting corrupted was just because Zarkon cared so much for Haggar that he didn't want her to die. Harkon is canon guys omg. Okay, I need to stop gushing over my beautiful villains. Sorry that I through my feelings out like this, I think I am emotionally exhausted from crying and screaming too much whoops. [/quote] Honestly it was a little face paced. I'm still unsure if thats real Shiro or not since the black lion did find him (could be the SOS call but maybe not?). However, I did not really like the paladin switch and I was glad Pidge and Hunk stayed with their original lions (I mean that was a little obvious they would but MMM- You can never be too sure). Personally, I just wish Allura would have just gotten the red lion since her father had it and I kinda believe she would fit with Red (I don't like Allura a lot cri). I was super happy we got backstory however, that was amazing and honestly the highlight of this season. Zarkon is like the best husband- Super supportive however, he takes things to the extreme (but it was all for Harkonnnn AHHH). Honestly, i don't really know how to feel. It was good, but then there were parts that I didn't like. I'm going to have to go back and rewatch the season again to get my final opinion on the season. Though seriously, I thought we'd get more Lance stuff. But he didn't get a lot- I will admit that one scene with Allura in blue and she's trying to control him and ends up using one of Lance's pickup lines was hilarious ;v;.
CosmicSummer wrote on 2017-08-04:
*slides on in* Hello there
I watched when I woke up because the release is at three AM for me and the only place that I can watch it is in my parent's room so eh

I wish it wasn't so, but I was kind of disappointed. The first few episodes had me very messed up and not in a good way. I was a complete mess and I swear I am going to lose my voice sometime today. I just personally don't like Keith and Allura as characters and the lion switch just made it a hundred times worse for me to accept. I wish I could stop wanting to dwell in the past and not accept change, but it happens every time with me. I really do hate change haha

It was a little too fast paced for my liking, but I'm not sure what I was expecting with it only being seven episodes. I knew that they had gotten Shiro back way too fast so I am on board with that not being Shiro(also the Galra, as fake/clone Shiro left, said something about phase three. So obviously it's an experiment duh)

The one thing that made up for everything, in my mind, was the backstory of Voltron. Haggar is my favorite and I flipped out when I saw her. I still love her after all that's happened. I love Zarkon too and I am elated that he didn't die like bless. I was also excited to learn that Zarkon literally did everything to save his wife. All he was doing was supporting his wife and them getting corrupted was just because Zarkon cared so much for Haggar that he didn't want her to die. Harkon is canon guys omg.

Okay, I need to stop gushing over my beautiful villains. Sorry that I through my feelings out like this, I think I am emotionally exhausted from crying and screaming too much whoops.
Honestly it was a little face paced. I'm still unsure if thats real Shiro or not since the black lion did find him (could be the SOS call but maybe not?). However, I did not really like the paladin switch and I was glad Pidge and Hunk stayed with their original lions (I mean that was a little obvious they would but MMM- You can never be too sure). Personally, I just wish Allura would have just gotten the red lion since her father had it and I kinda believe she would fit with Red (I don't like Allura a lot cri).

I was super happy we got backstory however, that was amazing and honestly the highlight of this season. Zarkon is like the best husband- Super supportive however, he takes things to the extreme (but it was all for Harkonnnn AHHH).

Honestly, i don't really know how to feel. It was good, but then there were parts that I didn't like. I'm going to have to go back and rewatch the season again to get my final opinion on the season.
Though seriously, I thought we'd get more Lance stuff. But he didn't get a lot- I will admit that one scene with Allura in blue and she's trying to control him and ends up using one of Lance's pickup lines was hilarious ;v;.
YafRuJo.gif
@SpaceIsCool

Yeah, the lion switch is what messed me up. I got really emotional which is very unlike me. I agree, I would have preferred Allura to get the Red lion so Lance wouldn't switch, but they wanted to make it like the original so oh well.

The backstory was definitely the highlight for me!

I was just super distraught over the lion switch. I agree that it was good, but it's not my favorite season. :/
I'll probably rewatch it because I know I missed little things, like I always do, so it'd be good to go over it again(and not cry so I can actually pay attention)
I wish we did get more Lance stuff but that's just because Lance is my favorite and I am being biased.
@SpaceIsCool

Yeah, the lion switch is what messed me up. I got really emotional which is very unlike me. I agree, I would have preferred Allura to get the Red lion so Lance wouldn't switch, but they wanted to make it like the original so oh well.

The backstory was definitely the highlight for me!

I was just super distraught over the lion switch. I agree that it was good, but it's not my favorite season. :/
I'll probably rewatch it because I know I missed little things, like I always do, so it'd be good to go over it again(and not cry so I can actually pay attention)
I wish we did get more Lance stuff but that's just because Lance is my favorite and I am being biased.
Y9HtHBM.gif hi i'm solar
i like Wildclaws too much
have a nice day everyone !
tumblr_ot0059o4wr1v8lm95o2_r1_100.png
@CosmicSummer
I mean i have no problem with going towards the original but like, the lions were different since this was a reboot from the original. However, since it seemed necessary for the paladins to switch, they should of gone to how it was originally when Shiro was retrieved but thats not what happened. I'm disappointed that Shiro doesn't have a lion now but like said above, he might get the comet ship (although Allura should get it and not keep Blue).

And this definitely wasn't the best season due to the rush of the plot and personally the paladin switches. (But hey, Lance got red, so its more stuff for the Klance shippers *insert funny joke on how red and blue mix* :')).

And i'd agree. Going over it at least once or twice is a good way to digest(?) the information given and form more opinions and questions. Also personally, Lance is my second favorite just behind Space Dad, but he does have a gr8 personality :').
@CosmicSummer
I mean i have no problem with going towards the original but like, the lions were different since this was a reboot from the original. However, since it seemed necessary for the paladins to switch, they should of gone to how it was originally when Shiro was retrieved but thats not what happened. I'm disappointed that Shiro doesn't have a lion now but like said above, he might get the comet ship (although Allura should get it and not keep Blue).

And this definitely wasn't the best season due to the rush of the plot and personally the paladin switches. (But hey, Lance got red, so its more stuff for the Klance shippers *insert funny joke on how red and blue mix* :')).

And i'd agree. Going over it at least once or twice is a good way to digest(?) the information given and form more opinions and questions. Also personally, Lance is my second favorite just behind Space Dad, but he does have a gr8 personality :').
YafRuJo.gif
#NOTMYSHIRO

Ok who else got angry that Allura unlocked Blue's sonar cannon already it took Lance like two seasons and it only took her 1-2 Episodes. I actually screamed in anger over this. Yes I get she is new and has to adjust easily, but like no that shouldn't of happened already IT TOOK LANCE TWO SEASONS AND TOOK ALLURA LIKE ONE- TWO EPISODES. BOY AM I ANGRY OVER THIS
#NOTMYSHIRO

Ok who else got angry that Allura unlocked Blue's sonar cannon already it took Lance like two seasons and it only took her 1-2 Episodes. I actually screamed in anger over this. Yes I get she is new and has to adjust easily, but like no that shouldn't of happened already IT TOOK LANCE TWO SEASONS AND TOOK ALLURA LIKE ONE- TWO EPISODES. BOY AM I ANGRY OVER THIS
kageyama_emote_by_bwsweetpeaa-dapx8sa.gif 0MaKSzV.png hinata_emote_by_bwsweetpeaa-dappevb.gif
[quote name="Visionrift" date=2017-08-04 10:13:20] #NOTMYSHIRO Ok who else got angry that Allura unlocked Blue's sonar cannon already it took Lance like two seasons and it only took her 1-2 Episodes. I actually screamed in anger over this. Yes I get she is new and has to adjust easily, but like no that shouldn't of happened already IT TOOK LANCE TWO SEASONS AND TOOK ALLURA LIKE ONE- TWO EPISODES. BOY AM I ANGRY OVER THIS [/quote] O H- I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT THAT- NOW I'M SOMEWHAT ANGRY, WHY DO I FORGET THIS-
Visionrift wrote on 2017-08-04:
#NOTMYSHIRO

O H-
I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT THAT-
NOW I'M SOMEWHAT ANGRY, WHY DO I FORGET THIS-
YafRuJo.gif
@SpaceIsCool
I KEPT YELLING AND RANTING THE ENTIRE EPISODE
@SpaceIsCool
I KEPT YELLING AND RANTING THE ENTIRE EPISODE
kageyama_emote_by_bwsweetpeaa-dapx8sa.gif 0MaKSzV.png hinata_emote_by_bwsweetpeaa-dappevb.gif
@Visionrift

I FORGOT THAT HAPPENED! I was mad that Allura acted like she could pilot Blue and got angry at her lion, like there's no way you get to do that! It's a symbiotic relationship here, you can't boss your partner around because you know how to pilot the castle. Honestly, what did she think was going to happen if she kept trying to be controlling? That's the main reason why I didn't want her piloting.
@Visionrift

I FORGOT THAT HAPPENED! I was mad that Allura acted like she could pilot Blue and got angry at her lion, like there's no way you get to do that! It's a symbiotic relationship here, you can't boss your partner around because you know how to pilot the castle. Honestly, what did she think was going to happen if she kept trying to be controlling? That's the main reason why I didn't want her piloting.
Y9HtHBM.gif hi i'm solar
@Visonrift @CosmicSummer
Holy-
Okay, now that i think about it, Allura really doesn't deserve Blue. She's too explosive under pressure and it seems more of an abusive relationship that really shouldn't work but it does??
It just- MMM- obviously, Allura shouldn't have ANY lion honestly. It just.. It doesn't work-
@Visonrift @CosmicSummer
Holy-
Okay, now that i think about it, Allura really doesn't deserve Blue. She's too explosive under pressure and it seems more of an abusive relationship that really shouldn't work but it does??
It just- MMM- obviously, Allura shouldn't have ANY lion honestly. It just.. It doesn't work-
YafRuJo.gif
@SpaceIsCool

Exactly, that's why I was worried and then upset. I wanted her to mature a little and realize that she can't do everything herself and sometimes has to ask someone for help. She thought she knew everything already and it bothered me that she hasn't seen her flaws in that mentality. I hope she gets better at working with the rest of her team now, and I believe she is on the right track now. Only time will tell really on how her relationship improves with Blue.
(maybe I'll finally get to enjoy her as a character who knows)
@SpaceIsCool

Exactly, that's why I was worried and then upset. I wanted her to mature a little and realize that she can't do everything herself and sometimes has to ask someone for help. She thought she knew everything already and it bothered me that she hasn't seen her flaws in that mentality. I hope she gets better at working with the rest of her team now, and I believe she is on the right track now. Only time will tell really on how her relationship improves with Blue.
(maybe I'll finally get to enjoy her as a character who knows)
Y9HtHBM.gif hi i'm solar
@CosmicSummer
I really hope she will improve. She's so unlikable right now its just kind of annoying and disappointing. When bonding with blue, i believe it would have been better if she actually just talked to him the whole time in that scene. But she didn't sadly, and instead tried to be someone she's not, yelled at him, and wept when it wasn't working until she spoke. I hope her character gets more likable next season. If her much needed character development gets pushed aside to the final will really upset me. What about Keith this season- He was extra depressing and struggled to find his place as the new leader of the paladins as he believes he doesn't deserve it. Obviously, since the black lion chose him to lead, he should deserve it but he doesn't want to believe that and pushes it away, further more making him doubtful and ruins his leadership skills (This is seen a lot at the end of the second episode and third episode). Honestly i'm not exactly sure who had a worse character this season, Allura or Keith.
@CosmicSummer
I really hope she will improve. She's so unlikable right now its just kind of annoying and disappointing. When bonding with blue, i believe it would have been better if she actually just talked to him the whole time in that scene. But she didn't sadly, and instead tried to be someone she's not, yelled at him, and wept when it wasn't working until she spoke. I hope her character gets more likable next season. If her much needed character development gets pushed aside to the final will really upset me. What about Keith this season- He was extra depressing and struggled to find his place as the new leader of the paladins as he believes he doesn't deserve it. Obviously, since the black lion chose him to lead, he should deserve it but he doesn't want to believe that and pushes it away, further more making him doubtful and ruins his leadership skills (This is seen a lot at the end of the second episode and third episode). Honestly i'm not exactly sure who had a worse character this season, Allura or Keith.
YafRuJo.gif
1 2 3 4 5