Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Things in games that freak you out.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17
Confession: I still have not finished Half Life 2 because I cannot bring myself to face those freaky fast headcrab zombies.
Confession: I still have not finished Half Life 2 because I cannot bring myself to face those freaky fast headcrab zombies.
lF5nfl9.png tShJXZX.png
Certain glitches can be spooky
Certain glitches can be spooky
Untitled_Artwork_87.png
lCK29fT.png5hF3FGk.pngFObX7rS.pngDxCICZ1.pngnWiQNX9.pngxYQkuHQ.png
88x31.gif
As multiple people have said, the sunken ship in Okami. It gets less scary each time you play it, but I'm still bothered by the Spider Queen ghost. Especially since she exists to block your view so you run into the bamboo spikes. Also the random pile of bones scares me. And the seaweed monster. You can use the spiked wheels on the floor to kill it at low tide, though, so that always gives me immense satisfaction.

Edit: I've finished Breath of the Wild and some of the stuff in there is Interesting. The first time I saw a Guardian, I screamed and ran around helplessly until it killed me. I hate things that lock onto you, especially if you can't outrun them. And the idea that any of the dead Guardians could wake up and shoot you? Terrifying. Obviously I know now that that's not how it works, but it was awful back then.
Also, sneaking into the Yiga base was stressful. I was scared of Yiga clan members too, before I heard about the whole banana thing.
As multiple people have said, the sunken ship in Okami. It gets less scary each time you play it, but I'm still bothered by the Spider Queen ghost. Especially since she exists to block your view so you run into the bamboo spikes. Also the random pile of bones scares me. And the seaweed monster. You can use the spiked wheels on the floor to kill it at low tide, though, so that always gives me immense satisfaction.

Edit: I've finished Breath of the Wild and some of the stuff in there is Interesting. The first time I saw a Guardian, I screamed and ran around helplessly until it killed me. I hate things that lock onto you, especially if you can't outrun them. And the idea that any of the dead Guardians could wake up and shoot you? Terrifying. Obviously I know now that that's not how it works, but it was awful back then.
Also, sneaking into the Yiga base was stressful. I was scared of Yiga clan members too, before I heard about the whole banana thing.
tumblr_o23mwcXPEZ1u3wsjco6_250.png 4f4c01ec3fcd06d45834f28097a7fb2be50dc3cf.png dEo6ta2.png
nbZE1po.png
5iXiC8z.png
V7wUqxW.png
bYt72YT.png
jbMLSIO.png

nGKuPIQ.gif
Ugh, spiders. Ever since I was little, thanks to a stupid Daddy's Long Legs, I've been freaked out by spiders enough to run a few feet away from a tiny one even. So, as you can guess even videogame spiders are freaky to me

Ironic even though my username has Spider in it xD
Ugh, spiders. Ever since I was little, thanks to a stupid Daddy's Long Legs, I've been freaked out by spiders enough to run a few feet away from a tiny one even. So, as you can guess even videogame spiders are freaky to me

Ironic even though my username has Spider in it xD
I have a list.
In FNaF, it's the fact that something is coming to kill you and you literally can't stop it. The jumpscares freak me out momentarily, but not as much as the fact that the jumpscare is coming.
In BatIM, it's little things that are just... unsettling.
Undertale, kinda the same as the above. Also, lets not forget that the game remembers.
heh.

I don't play many games, but in the ones I do... there you go.
I have a list.
In FNaF, it's the fact that something is coming to kill you and you literally can't stop it. The jumpscares freak me out momentarily, but not as much as the fact that the jumpscare is coming.
In BatIM, it's little things that are just... unsettling.
Undertale, kinda the same as the above. Also, lets not forget that the game remembers.
heh.

I don't play many games, but in the ones I do... there you go.
Piers || He/It/Pup || 20
@vidoxi
Ah, I kinda remember that maze now! I can see what you mean. I'm not a huge fan of places that look the same everywhere so that if you turn around once, you're pretty screwed. I actually kinda hate the new Lost Woods in Breath of the Wild for the same reason. It's got creepy, repetitive music, really low visibility and it made me jump the first few times I wandered off the path. Yahaha indeed...

And I was also too dumb to figure out the way to tell which way to go on my own. I felt extra helpless and lost because of that, wandering around relatively aimlessly for a good 30 minutes.

It's a breeze after you figure it out (or look it up, heh) but I still don't like the music much.

But I have a very low spoop tolerance so a lot of things tend to get to me more than other people, haha.

@vidoxi
Ah, I kinda remember that maze now! I can see what you mean. I'm not a huge fan of places that look the same everywhere so that if you turn around once, you're pretty screwed. I actually kinda hate the new Lost Woods in Breath of the Wild for the same reason. It's got creepy, repetitive music, really low visibility and it made me jump the first few times I wandered off the path. Yahaha indeed...

And I was also too dumb to figure out the way to tell which way to go on my own. I felt extra helpless and lost because of that, wandering around relatively aimlessly for a good 30 minutes.

It's a breeze after you figure it out (or look it up, heh) but I still don't like the music much.

But I have a very low spoop tolerance so a lot of things tend to get to me more than other people, haha.

Probably the hostile super mutants in Fallout 3. I can handle em in Fallout 4 because I have mods on it (aren't they weaker too? Or is that just me?), but I have the xbox version of both games so I can't use mods or console commands in FO3. I'm always short on ammo and these mutants are EVERYWHERE. I've not beat the main storyline yet and on my main save I'm at the point where I have to go into that goddamn FEV vault. At least the super mutants look somewhat "normal", the Centaurs are just an overall mess and they're one of the only things that are really capable of creeping me out looks-wise in the game :c

I will say though, I hate the bugs in all the Fallout games. I hate how they attack and I hate how you can hardly hit them outside of VATS without splash damage. And then there was the nice little message in FO4 that said the bloatflies shoot their actual giant maggots at you? Nope. Nope nope. The cazadores in NV are the worst of the lot, closely followed by bloatflies. I like how stingwings look but I hate encountering them
Probably the hostile super mutants in Fallout 3. I can handle em in Fallout 4 because I have mods on it (aren't they weaker too? Or is that just me?), but I have the xbox version of both games so I can't use mods or console commands in FO3. I'm always short on ammo and these mutants are EVERYWHERE. I've not beat the main storyline yet and on my main save I'm at the point where I have to go into that goddamn FEV vault. At least the super mutants look somewhat "normal", the Centaurs are just an overall mess and they're one of the only things that are really capable of creeping me out looks-wise in the game :c

I will say though, I hate the bugs in all the Fallout games. I hate how they attack and I hate how you can hardly hit them outside of VATS without splash damage. And then there was the nice little message in FO4 that said the bloatflies shoot their actual giant maggots at you? Nope. Nope nope. The cazadores in NV are the worst of the lot, closely followed by bloatflies. I like how stingwings look but I hate encountering them
cbaa17a5a06daa6a78029fcf8763b4844dd0e1a6.png .
...he/him | FR+8
@Fire lairs - please let me know
if you hatch a mint/ruby/hunter
dragon! I have a mighty need.
....OjYCOIV.png
that moment when you are going trough an area in game, and you see the saving icon pop-up..

edit: gotta add the freaking medusa heads in Castlevania! not just because they are spooky, but damn if they don't screw your jumps up.
that moment when you are going trough an area in game, and you see the saving icon pop-up..

edit: gotta add the freaking medusa heads in Castlevania! not just because they are spooky, but damn if they don't screw your jumps up.
I'm +10H ahead of FR time!
Replies may be slow, so sorry ;w;
One of my favorite games, OneShot by NightMargin, there are some parts that freak me out, even though it's a kids game.

-The characters ingame call you whatever name your computer is hooked up to, so it's like this "we've had this conversation before, haven't we (insert name)"
-The game is ment to be played multiple times, so the main character REMEMBERS YOU.
-The game is a puzzle game, but it puts a spin on it. Five or six times in the game, you have to go to your files, or documents, to get the code or message. It even changed the wallpaper of my computer
-The character you control is not you, and interacts with you.
-and not to mention the freaky computer that keeps talking to you.
One of my favorite games, OneShot by NightMargin, there are some parts that freak me out, even though it's a kids game.

-The characters ingame call you whatever name your computer is hooked up to, so it's like this "we've had this conversation before, haven't we (insert name)"
-The game is ment to be played multiple times, so the main character REMEMBERS YOU.
-The game is a puzzle game, but it puts a spin on it. Five or six times in the game, you have to go to your files, or documents, to get the code or message. It even changed the wallpaper of my computer
-The character you control is not you, and interacts with you.
-and not to mention the freaky computer that keeps talking to you.
tastefulmarketing.gif
The Redeads in LoZ always freaked me out, especially when I first started because I had no idea how to get them off me ._.

Lavender Town and Buried Alive too, plus that hand. xp
The Redeads in LoZ always freaked me out, especially when I first started because I had no idea how to get them off me ._.

Lavender Town and Buried Alive too, plus that hand. xp
sig139_by_dingobreath-dcsh5bx.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17