Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What annoys you most?
1 2
My mum has a set of glass bowls that drive me crazy when used with metal utensils. It can wake me out of a dead sleep
and chewing noises. sometimes it makes me want to run away from whomevers making the noise
My mum has a set of glass bowls that drive me crazy when used with metal utensils. It can wake me out of a dead sleep
and chewing noises. sometimes it makes me want to run away from whomevers making the noise
1468711001v3.png
@ashotinthedark Yikes! I once had a teacher who would bring a plate to school and scratch it with a fork to quiet us. I spent most of my year in the nurse's office with ringing ears and headaches.
@ashotinthedark Yikes! I once had a teacher who would bring a plate to school and scratch it with a fork to quiet us. I spent most of my year in the nurse's office with ringing ears and headaches.
M5XJPox.pngq6Eeqsk.png M5XJPox.png
"Hardcore" fans of a movie/series/book/etc. who get really snippy about people who don't like or hate the same character they do and will go on at length about how you are wrong to like this character or hate that character.

And fans who are insistent that liking one company or franchise or genre or whatever means you absolutely cannot like another. For example, I'm predominantly a fan of Star Wars, but I also enjoy Star Trek, and it drives me up the wall when people seriously try to say you can't be a fan of both. I can respect someone liking one and not the other, but it seems so stupid to think people can't like more than one thing and still be a big fan.
"Hardcore" fans of a movie/series/book/etc. who get really snippy about people who don't like or hate the same character they do and will go on at length about how you are wrong to like this character or hate that character.

And fans who are insistent that liking one company or franchise or genre or whatever means you absolutely cannot like another. For example, I'm predominantly a fan of Star Wars, but I also enjoy Star Trek, and it drives me up the wall when people seriously try to say you can't be a fan of both. I can respect someone liking one and not the other, but it seems so stupid to think people can't like more than one thing and still be a big fan.
Formerly known as Brenning.
I honestly dislike complaining, but I really cannot stand incessant whining and practically non-stop online flame wars. Fortunately, I have not seen very many incessant whiners or flame wars here on FR. I also greatly dislike the over-usage of onomatopoeias such as "Ew" and "Ugh".

I know everyone whines at some point, but it really bothers me when people do it almost constantly.
I honestly dislike complaining, but I really cannot stand incessant whining and practically non-stop online flame wars. Fortunately, I have not seen very many incessant whiners or flame wars here on FR. I also greatly dislike the over-usage of onomatopoeias such as "Ew" and "Ugh".

I know everyone whines at some point, but it really bothers me when people do it almost constantly.
9vqTYg0.gifcfa4eab0-1638-11eb-9b4b-e1371d599c63.gifa663c882-026b-11eb-9626-db1f1f278684.giffl0edFq.gif
Banner holder by me.
These are all so true lol XD
These are all so true lol XD
M5XJPox.pngq6Eeqsk.png M5XJPox.png
People who mix up "its" and "it's". The worst part is that I've seen these mix-ups on professionally printed signs and even a bronze plaque. How do you not proofread a bronze plaque before having it cast?

Grammar errors in general, while I'm on the subject. Especially when they change the meaning of the phrase. For example, "defiantly" means "unwillingly" and is not the proper spelling of "definitely", which means "with certainty". Saying "I will defiantly be going to the anime con!" implies that you are going against your will, even though you mean "I will totally be going to the anime con!" but did not bother to check the spelling of the word you wanted to use.

Other peeves:
"your/you're" (I don't see this one too much anymore)
"faze/phase" (the former is often substituted for the latter, e.g. "That comment didn't faze me" spelled as "That comment didn't phase me". So the comment didn't change you into a major part of a cycle?)

People who mix up "its" and "it's". The worst part is that I've seen these mix-ups on professionally printed signs and even a bronze plaque. How do you not proofread a bronze plaque before having it cast?

Grammar errors in general, while I'm on the subject. Especially when they change the meaning of the phrase. For example, "defiantly" means "unwillingly" and is not the proper spelling of "definitely", which means "with certainty". Saying "I will defiantly be going to the anime con!" implies that you are going against your will, even though you mean "I will totally be going to the anime con!" but did not bother to check the spelling of the word you wanted to use.

Other peeves:
"your/you're" (I don't see this one too much anymore)
"faze/phase" (the former is often substituted for the latter, e.g. "That comment didn't faze me" spelled as "That comment didn't phase me". So the comment didn't change you into a major part of a cycle?)

Hey, friendly reminder to drink water, stretch, and take a short break if you can. Stay healthy! Also, don't forget about any chores or tasks you might be putting off.
I hate it when people purposely use bad grammar and not care just because it's "the internet".
I hate it when people purposely use bad grammar and not care just because it's "the internet".
1 2