Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Pokemon Sun and Moon Chinese Leak
1 2 3 4 5
These have been around for over a month now, they're as fake as Roothoot was before them. It's a shame though because I do like Robin Hoot and mermaid Popplio.
These have been around for over a month now, they're as fake as Roothoot was before them. It's a shame though because I do like Robin Hoot and mermaid Popplio.
Imo I love all three litten final fourm (if true) may not be fire/fighting but maybe fire/dark idk
Imo I love all three litten final fourm (if true) may not be fire/fighting but maybe fire/dark idk
rsz-rsz-1hatchery.png rsz-brewing.png art-shop-2.png B7aT9QH.png flB6EWm.png
[quote name="Shivvers" date=2016-07-16 12:22:40] I never believe a leak is real until it's officially confirmed, but I kind of want those starters to be real.[/quote] ^ [img]https://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/ditto.gif[/img] ^ I have to say these designs have got to be the most legit-looking of all the supposed leaks I've seen so far: clearly serious, well thought-out concept art and not just something halfhearted whipped up by an amateur. But I'm not inclined to believe these are either real or fake until we get official confirmation. And if they do turn out to be real, I'd be fine with that. Rowlet's evolution is absolutely freaking awesome (seriously, I need that bird to be a thing [b]right now[/b],) and Litten's and Popplio's are great, too, if you're into those sorts of designs (I'm not really, but oh well. I could see them possibly growing on me.) [s]Just please, please, please don't give us another Fire/Fighting type. [b][i]Please.[/i][/b] You can be so much more creative than that, Nintendo.[/s] As for the rest of the rumor, the new Pokemon designs and typings are certainly plausible, but the Gym thing seems [u]really[/u] unlikely to me. The goal of collecting eight Gym badges and then challenging the Pokemon League has remained altogether unchanged since the original Red and Blue versions, so I can't imagine the developers would suddenly scrap that tradition now and bring in something completely different with the new generation. Now with that said, I would not at all be against having a change of that kind, but for a main series game, it's just way too drastic to be believable until Nintendo confirms it directly. For that reason, in the end, I'm still fairly skeptical about this rumor, but as I said, I try not to pass judgement or jump to conclusions ahead of time. So, I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens! To the people saying these are definitely fake and they've been claimed/confirmed as fan art, do you have any sources for where you saw that?
Shivvers wrote on 2016-07-16:
I never believe a leak is real until it's officially confirmed, but I kind of want those starters to be real.
^ ditto.gif ^

I have to say these designs have got to be the most legit-looking of all the supposed leaks I've seen so far: clearly serious, well thought-out concept art and not just something halfhearted whipped up by an amateur. But I'm not inclined to believe these are either real or fake until we get official confirmation. And if they do turn out to be real, I'd be fine with that. Rowlet's evolution is absolutely freaking awesome (seriously, I need that bird to be a thing right now,) and Litten's and Popplio's are great, too, if you're into those sorts of designs (I'm not really, but oh well. I could see them possibly growing on me.)
Just please, please, please don't give us another Fire/Fighting type. Please. You can be so much more creative than that, Nintendo.

As for the rest of the rumor, the new Pokemon designs and typings are certainly plausible, but the Gym thing seems really unlikely to me. The goal of collecting eight Gym badges and then challenging the Pokemon League has remained altogether unchanged since the original Red and Blue versions, so I can't imagine the developers would suddenly scrap that tradition now and bring in something completely different with the new generation. Now with that said, I would not at all be against having a change of that kind, but for a main series game, it's just way too drastic to be believable until Nintendo confirms it directly. For that reason, in the end, I'm still fairly skeptical about this rumor, but as I said, I try not to pass judgement or jump to conclusions ahead of time. So, I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens!

To the people saying these are definitely fake and they've been claimed/confirmed as fan art, do you have any sources for where you saw that?
qYqvSwV.gif
Guys ... [quote]The bracelets on the protagonists’ wrists will apparently act like Mega Stones but unlock something else.[/quote] http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-ca/z-moves/ Now, that one was probably not too hard to guess, and the prediction was very vague on the details, but then there's this, too: [quote]There will be new Pokémon based on [u]a mushroom[/u], a dolphin, [u]a sea cucumber[/u], a snowman and a rugby monkey.[/quote] [url=http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-ca/pokemon/morelull/][img]http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/media/uploads/aug_11_assets/morelull.png[/img] [url=http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-ca/pokemon/pyukumuku/][img]http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/media/uploads/aug_11_assets/pyukumuku.png[/img][/url] I could easily see the mushroom being a coincidence, since it's a pretty generic idea and they've done multiple mushroom Pokemon before, but the sea cucumber, too?? What do you think the chances are of someone just randomly guessing that and getting it right? I'm still skeptical about this rumor and probably will be until it is definitively proven right or wrong when the starter evolutions are officially revealed, but so far I don't think the rumor has gotten anything wrong and has even been correct on more than one point! @Nick462 Edit - There's also [url=http://heavy.com/games/2016/08/pokemon-sun-moon-pokedex-leak-day-night-starter-evolutions-archoot-robinroot-pantherm-beltigre-sirilio-sirene-final-evolutions-corocoro-leaks/]this[/url]. Nothing's been confirmed, I don't think, so it's still just another rumor, but the starter names would seem to correspond with the "Chinese leak". It also suggests that more than one final form/type combo might be possible for the starters, depending on the conditions they evolve under. o-O
Guys ...

Quote:
The bracelets on the protagonists’ wrists will apparently act like Mega Stones but unlock something else.

http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-ca/z-moves/

Now, that one was probably not too hard to guess, and the prediction was very vague on the details, but then there's this, too:

Quote:
There will be new Pokémon based on a mushroom, a dolphin, a sea cucumber, a snowman and a rugby monkey.

morelull.png

pyukumuku.png

I could easily see the mushroom being a coincidence, since it's a pretty generic idea and they've done multiple mushroom Pokemon before, but the sea cucumber, too?? What do you think the chances are of someone just randomly guessing that and getting it right?

I'm still skeptical about this rumor and probably will be until it is definitively proven right or wrong when the starter evolutions are officially revealed, but so far I don't think the rumor has gotten anything wrong and has even been correct on more than one point!

@Nick462

Edit - There's also this. Nothing's been confirmed, I don't think, so it's still just another rumor, but the starter names would seem to correspond with the "Chinese leak". It also suggests that more than one final form/type combo might be possible for the starters, depending on the conditions they evolve under. o-O
qYqvSwV.gif
@Schuyler @Nick462 to add, while I do think some of the recent leaks aren't 100% correct, I personally believe that stuff like the starters' evolutions could be real, as it fits a similar format to those seen in official references, Mallow is in it, it's been around since May.

As for more recent leaks that just list pokemon names or types, the snowman one is plausible! Hawaii gets snow, hence why we have Alolan Vulpix and Ninetails.
@Schuyler @Nick462 to add, while I do think some of the recent leaks aren't 100% correct, I personally believe that stuff like the starters' evolutions could be real, as it fits a similar format to those seen in official references, Mallow is in it, it's been around since May.

As for more recent leaks that just list pokemon names or types, the snowman one is plausible! Hawaii gets snow, hence why we have Alolan Vulpix and Ninetails.
@wrecknrule @RoxyWolf @Kurona @dragoncrystal @LibraryWhale @AWB @Lamia @Visionrift @RoseBloodWolf Actually those pics have fairly good credibility, sadly. The 'fire wrestler' image features the new Grass Trial captain shown in one of the latest trailers, Mallow: [img]http://nintendoeverything.com/wp-content/uploads/pokemon-sun-moon-starter-evidence.jpg[/img] Also I [i]think[/i] it's been confirmed that Litten will evolve into a Fire/Dark typing? ([i]Can't find source RN, will keep hunting.[/i]) @JosephJoestar There actually aren't any gyms, just Trial Captains which [b]are[/b] supposed to be different from gym leaders.
@wrecknrule @RoxyWolf @Kurona @dragoncrystal @LibraryWhale @AWB @Lamia @Visionrift @RoseBloodWolf

Actually those pics have fairly good credibility, sadly. The 'fire wrestler' image features the new Grass Trial captain shown in one of the latest trailers, Mallow:

pokemon-sun-moon-starter-evidence.jpg

Also I think it's been confirmed that Litten will evolve into a Fire/Dark typing? (Can't find source RN, will keep hunting.)

@JosephJoestar There actually aren't any gyms, just Trial Captains which are supposed to be different from gym leaders.
natureshieldl.png NIJBYPt.png uRC0U7k.png NIJBYPt.png natureshieldr.png
@Avessa Litten hasn't been confirmed to evolve into anything, that was based on a hack that showed some typing symbols in a previous release webpage's serverdata that never really gave anyone any information. It also included ground which made people wonder what that related to, because at the time the only Pokemon we knew of were the starters+the wireframe of the regionbird for the announcement.

As for the Chinese leaks, they've gotten some things right and some things wrong, with how Wishiwashi was supposed to be a Psychic/Water two-stage evolution in the leak, but turned out to be a form change instead, and some other things but honestly it's 5am for me and I can't remember offhand. Mallow lends some credibility, but it's also a generic enough design. I'm fine with Merlio and Robin Hoot but good god Bara Litten is hideous. :/
There's a rumor that the starters may get dual-evolutions (along with Iwanko) so if that's the case Litten may be saved yet. But it's too early to tell until the coming infodrop about Iwanko's evo methods comes out later this month.
@Avessa Litten hasn't been confirmed to evolve into anything, that was based on a hack that showed some typing symbols in a previous release webpage's serverdata that never really gave anyone any information. It also included ground which made people wonder what that related to, because at the time the only Pokemon we knew of were the starters+the wireframe of the regionbird for the announcement.

As for the Chinese leaks, they've gotten some things right and some things wrong, with how Wishiwashi was supposed to be a Psychic/Water two-stage evolution in the leak, but turned out to be a form change instead, and some other things but honestly it's 5am for me and I can't remember offhand. Mallow lends some credibility, but it's also a generic enough design. I'm fine with Merlio and Robin Hoot but good god Bara Litten is hideous. :/
There's a rumor that the starters may get dual-evolutions (along with Iwanko) so if that's the case Litten may be saved yet. But it's too early to tell until the coming infodrop about Iwanko's evo methods comes out later this month.
Those Evolutions are fake. This same thing happened when X and Y were released. You can just tell looking at them and comparing them to the art Direction of the other pokemon already shown, let alone other previous models.
Those Evolutions are fake. This same thing happened when X and Y were released. You can just tell looking at them and comparing them to the art Direction of the other pokemon already shown, let alone other previous models.
this leak has been shown around here like, 5 times already. I'm still getting Rowlet, and i'm still getting Litten. this leak will not change my mind about that, at the most it'll just stop me from evolving the Litten, but I have to take 2 of them anyway, and i'm just gonna trade for Popplio (and Lunala)
I hope we find this out on Thursday, when the next information comes out.
this leak has been shown around here like, 5 times already. I'm still getting Rowlet, and i'm still getting Litten. this leak will not change my mind about that, at the most it'll just stop me from evolving the Litten, but I have to take 2 of them anyway, and i'm just gonna trade for Popplio (and Lunala)
I hope we find this out on Thursday, when the next information comes out.
unknown.png
Other leaks usually only consist of a single, fully-coloured artwork. The final evo art featured here has the pokemon in several poses, together with some Japanese annotations on a whitish background Usually you can find this kind of concept art in the art book related to the game. [img]http://66.media.tumblr.com/5b7fe6f130b3773074baa3c071764a0c/tumblr_mxnsvtWJoI1rgvmfqo1_1280.jpg[/img] For example, here's some concept art of Professor Sycamore. Are those final evo starter leaks fake? Maybe not?
Other leaks usually only consist of a single, fully-coloured artwork. The final evo art featured here has the pokemon in several poses, together with some Japanese annotations on a whitish background

Usually you can find this kind of concept art in the art book related to the game.

tumblr_mxnsvtWJoI1rgvmfqo1_1280.jpg

For example, here's some concept art of Professor Sycamore.

Are those final evo starter leaks fake? Maybe not?
plusle.gif
1 2 3 4 5