Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Popular ships you can't get behind?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
[quote name="Nulume" date=2016-04-23 10:37:30]And this one [b]brotherxbrother[/b] like, really ?.... No for me, sorry.[/quote] I generally assume anyone who ships siblings must be an only child themselves, or else they would understand how viscerally repulsive the idea of sibling incest is. And no, it does not make it any better if they're actually adopted siblings and not blood relatives - it's not the biology that's the problem (unless they actually reproduce), it's the familial relationship that makes it gross. IMO, pairing adopted siblings who were raised together from a very young age is worse than pairing biological siblings who were separated at birth and later met as adults.
Nulume wrote on 2016-04-23:
And this one brotherxbrother like, really ?.... No for me, sorry.
I generally assume anyone who ships siblings must be an only child themselves, or else they would understand how viscerally repulsive the idea of sibling incest is. And no, it does not make it any better if they're actually adopted siblings and not blood relatives - it's not the biology that's the problem (unless they actually reproduce), it's the familial relationship that makes it gross. IMO, pairing adopted siblings who were raised together from a very young age is worse than pairing biological siblings who were separated at birth and later met as adults.
a2lgFWW.pngxZFY4RG.pngyYXzKag.png
[quote name="CarrionKitten" date=2016-04-23 11:12:06] [quote name="Nulume" date=2016-04-23 10:37:30]And this one [b]brotherxbrother[/b] like, really ?.... No for me, sorry.[/quote] I generally assume anyone who ships siblings must be an only child themselves, or else they would understand how viscerally repulsive the idea of sibling incest is. And no, it does not make it any better if they're actually adopted siblings and not blood relatives - it's not the biology that's the problem (unless they actually reproduce), it's the familial relationship that makes it gross. IMO, pairing adopted siblings who were raised together from a very young age is worse than pairing biological siblings who were separated at birth and later met as adults. [/quote] I'm an only child but I do not at all support incestuous ships, and I've seen people with siblings who support incest ships, I know this was a blanket statement and I'm not offended, just telling my 2 cents c: But I've seen many ships like that and just nope.
CarrionKitten wrote on 2016-04-23:
Nulume wrote on 2016-04-23:
And this one brotherxbrother like, really ?.... No for me, sorry.
I generally assume anyone who ships siblings must be an only child themselves, or else they would understand how viscerally repulsive the idea of sibling incest is. And no, it does not make it any better if they're actually adopted siblings and not blood relatives - it's not the biology that's the problem (unless they actually reproduce), it's the familial relationship that makes it gross. IMO, pairing adopted siblings who were raised together from a very young age is worse than pairing biological siblings who were separated at birth and later met as adults.
I'm an only child but I do not at all support incestuous ships, and I've seen people with siblings who support incest ships, I know this was a blanket statement and I'm not offended, just telling my 2 cents c:
But I've seen many ships like that and just nope.
65d976aaca38aa0652d6a6bdf8831a59ecf03774.gif
[quote name="CarrionKitten" date=2016-04-23 10:52:31] I... find this really odd, tbh. I mean, obviously friendship does not always lead to attraction and trying to shoehorn romance into every friendship is a stretch... but to me, attraction in the absence of friendship is just infatuation, not love. It's possible for a relationship to start based on infatuation and develop an actual bond later, but I consider friendship to be a necessary part of a meaningful relationship. [/quote] But shipping doesn't equal love? At least not from the get go. What's wrong with letting characters bond later on, without having 25 years history beforehand? That's how the world usually works. You might not end up falling in love with someone you knew for decades, but fall in love with someone you met a couple months ago.
CarrionKitten wrote on 2016-04-23:

I... find this really odd, tbh. I mean, obviously friendship does not always lead to attraction and trying to shoehorn romance into every friendship is a stretch... but to me, attraction in the absence of friendship is just infatuation, not love. It's possible for a relationship to start based on infatuation and develop an actual bond later, but I consider friendship to be a necessary part of a meaningful relationship.

But shipping doesn't equal love? At least not from the get go. What's wrong with letting characters bond later on, without having 25 years history beforehand? That's how the world usually works. You might not end up falling in love with someone you knew for decades, but fall in love with someone you met a couple months ago.
light_small.png
Happiness can be found,
even in the darkest of times,
if one only remembers to turn on the light.

light_small.png
@Sneaky "he just wants to eat him" ahah, reminds me of a certain demon and his young lord (lol)

A ship which I don't understand is eren and mikasa from snk, much less eren and levi.
i don't care about either, but the only real ships in snk for me is christa and ymir hah
perhaps also reiner and bertl
@Sneaky "he just wants to eat him" ahah, reminds me of a certain demon and his young lord (lol)

A ship which I don't understand is eren and mikasa from snk, much less eren and levi.
i don't care about either, but the only real ships in snk for me is christa and ymir hah
perhaps also reiner and bertl
daichi/sugawara from haikyuu!! i probably have to rewatch/reread to get it but for now i...i don't?? same thing with bokuto/akaashi.

i still do not understand specialshipping (red/yellow) or franticshipping (ruby/sapphire). yellow risked her entire life just to save red and he barely recognizes her nor the fact that she's really a girl. ruby, on the other hand, literally pushed sapphire away at the perfect time to prove herself that she's become stronger. then once that ****'s over he pretends he doesn't remember any of it.

they're just ?? sapphire and yellow deserve so much better. the fact that a majority of the shippers don't see that and writes the worst fanfiction ever makes me hate it even more.
daichi/sugawara from haikyuu!! i probably have to rewatch/reread to get it but for now i...i don't?? same thing with bokuto/akaashi.

i still do not understand specialshipping (red/yellow) or franticshipping (ruby/sapphire). yellow risked her entire life just to save red and he barely recognizes her nor the fact that she's really a girl. ruby, on the other hand, literally pushed sapphire away at the perfect time to prove herself that she's become stronger. then once that ****'s over he pretends he doesn't remember any of it.

they're just ?? sapphire and yellow deserve so much better. the fact that a majority of the shippers don't see that and writes the worst fanfiction ever makes me hate it even more.
steve/bucky... just ehh? I guess I can see why some people like it but good lordy I have no clue how it is as popular as it is.
steve/bucky... just ehh? I guess I can see why some people like it but good lordy I have no clue how it is as popular as it is.
LIo8D8G.gif
Kageyama/Hinata, or the god dammed "Kagehina" from Haikyuu. Same thing with Yatori, Yato/Hiyori from Noragami.
Kageyama/Hinata, or the god dammed "Kagehina" from Haikyuu. Same thing with Yatori, Yato/Hiyori from Noragami.
cd9e52d0a68b946dfff79aea46bc6309691f000d.png

angelo ♦ he/him ♦ fr+4
plague dom org

about + faq
74805783.png
little guy!!!!!
• levi/eren
• mettaton/papyrus
• mettaton/sans
• snape/lily
• snape/harry
• draco/harry
• fred/george
• karkat/terezi

just a few off the top of my head
i cant stand any of these lmao
unfortunately, the ships i dislike tend to be very popular, if not the most, in the fandom :^/
• levi/eren
• mettaton/papyrus
• mettaton/sans
• snape/lily
• snape/harry
• draco/harry
• fred/george
• karkat/terezi

just a few off the top of my head
i cant stand any of these lmao
unfortunately, the ships i dislike tend to be very popular, if not the most, in the fandom :^/
3w2qxKL.png henlo im cridea!!
→ august/ramona !
→ they/he/she prns
→ ask for links/listo!!
@TheProfessor @Annekin

Agreeing with the...eugh for Eren and Levi, or Eren and Mikasa. In fact, Eren and anybody tbh. I just don't see him in a romantic relationship at all, with anyone. I won't lie he's one of my least favorites but oblivious as heck. Especially when there are cute canon ships like Ymir and Historia. I enjoy Reibert or Beruani as well (I'm all about Bertl).
@TheProfessor @Annekin

Agreeing with the...eugh for Eren and Levi, or Eren and Mikasa. In fact, Eren and anybody tbh. I just don't see him in a romantic relationship at all, with anyone. I won't lie he's one of my least favorites but oblivious as heck. Especially when there are cute canon ships like Ymir and Historia. I enjoy Reibert or Beruani as well (I'm all about Bertl).
tumblr_osxj37xvwh1vtgt9uo1_400.png
@Elligance

As a supporter of Red and Yellow, I see what you mean. I never really got into Sapphire and Ruby, even though I smiled the entire time.

However I still think both pairs are cute together though.

Silver and Crystal tbh is my favorite.
@Elligance

As a supporter of Red and Yellow, I see what you mean. I never really got into Sapphire and Ruby, even though I smiled the entire time.

However I still think both pairs are cute together though.

Silver and Crystal tbh is my favorite.
A Light Flight branded Shaker Bottle with a chocolate protein shake inside. This is the NYNG general participation Badge. A gold arrow/moon divider by dreamingcity.
Cronch
FRT+1 | He/Him
A Magnesium Amphiptere (Desert variant) from Dragon Cave.A male Pillow Dragon from Dragon Cave.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9