Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Popular ships you can't get behind?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Davekat. It was retconned into existence, with absolutely no build-up. None.

Lapidot. Like, the only interaction those two have had was Peridot imprisoning Lapis, and that might not even have happened, because Jasper could've thrown Lapis in the prison cell.
Davekat. It was retconned into existence, with absolutely no build-up. None.

Lapidot. Like, the only interaction those two have had was Peridot imprisoning Lapis, and that might not even have happened, because Jasper could've thrown Lapis in the prison cell.
I'm gonna breed change all the deities into Wildclaws.
Looking to buy a 5 digit, btw!
@RnBlack [quote name="RnBlack" date=2016-04-23 09:53:30] Dorian x Iron Bull from Dragon Age: Inquisition. A friend pointed out to me that sometimes when it's alluded to in party banter, Dorian doesn't seem entirely comfortable with the relationship, or at least the way Bull talks about it in such a public setting. Kinda turns me away from the pairing altogether. I like Iron Bull just fine, I'm just not into the idea of him with Dorian. [/quote] I came here to say exactly this. One thing that bothers me more than anything about this pairing is that I [i]have[/i] had people try and argue / push for me to see that 'the relationship is a healthy, nice one and for that I should like it'. And I don't. I can't get behind it, I hate how it's always shown by the company more than Bull/Inky Dorian/Inky is, and I am very not comfortable with it. I also don't like how some fans are very dismissive when people believe the ship can be considered an unhealthy one. It's like they're dismissive of another's opinion, and then grow to be offended because someone doesn't like something they do. I used to actually like Bull a lot, but because of this and because of other factors, I've sadly grown not to like him as much as I used to. Which upsets me a little bit, and has actually made me pull away from the Bioware fandom (that and a few other shipper things have actually, especially on tumblr).
@RnBlack
RnBlack wrote on 2016-04-23:
Dorian x Iron Bull from Dragon Age: Inquisition. A friend pointed out to me that sometimes when it's alluded to in party banter, Dorian doesn't seem entirely comfortable with the relationship, or at least the way Bull talks about it in such a public setting. Kinda turns me away from the pairing altogether. I like Iron Bull just fine, I'm just not into the idea of him with Dorian.

I came here to say exactly this.

One thing that bothers me more than anything about this pairing is that I have had people try and argue / push for me to see that 'the relationship is a healthy, nice one and for that I should like it'. And I don't. I can't get behind it, I hate how it's always shown by the company more than Bull/Inky Dorian/Inky is, and I am very not comfortable with it.

I also don't like how some fans are very dismissive when people believe the ship can be considered an unhealthy one. It's like they're dismissive of another's opinion, and then grow to be offended because someone doesn't like something they do. I used to actually like Bull a lot, but because of this and because of other factors, I've sadly grown not to like him as much as I used to. Which upsets me a little bit, and has actually made me pull away from the Bioware fandom (that and a few other shipper things have actually, especially on tumblr).

BodY2oF.png
8ugeV0V.png
MLr9Cke.png
eAFcZYW.png
WKlFF60.png
5hF3FGk.png
WvEXipG.png
A35Gt59.png
YMPbu9R.png
[quote name="RnBlack" date=2016-04-23 09:53:30] Speaking of HP, that reminds me, Snape x Lily. I cannot stand that ship, Snape was obsessed, not in love, he was willing to let her husband and child die as long as she was saved, and he treated her son like garbage because of a petty rivalry with his father. That is just all sorts of wrong and disgusting to me. Don't get me wrong, Snape was well-written, and as a complex, multi-faceted character I find him fascinating, he is even one of my favorites. As a person though? He was not a good man. [/quote] Now that I had read this, it makes more sense to me. But maybe he treated Harry in that way just because he thinks that because of Harry, Lily is dead ? Honestly idk, but I don't like Harry's father, I don't hate him, but I don't like him :/ that is the same of mostly all the Harry's family (except Sirius and Lily), and yeah ik Sirius is not really blood related to Harry, but he was like a father to him from my point of view. Im ok with pretty much all the ships that are in some fandoms where I'm, but ONE that I can stan is (from Gotham) OswaldxTabitha, like WTF ? She killed his mother in fron of him!!!!!! HOW YOU SHIP THAT ? sorry I don't get it. Other one, that is more popular in gotham is OswaldxEd (Enygma). Yeah yeah, they are friends because of the wierd moment they met, but that doesn't work for me, I don't think Oswald would see Ed more than a friend or nothing like that and Ed, well for me the only person he really loved was Kristen, so yeah out of this too. And this one[b] brotherxbrother[/b] like, really ?.... No for me, sorry. [b]But hey! it's your ship and your point of view and I respect it.[/b]
RnBlack wrote on 2016-04-23:
Speaking of HP, that reminds me, Snape x Lily. I cannot stand that ship, Snape was obsessed, not in love, he was willing to let her husband and child die as long as she was saved, and he treated her son like garbage because of a petty rivalry with his father. That is just all sorts of wrong and disgusting to me. Don't get me wrong, Snape was well-written, and as a complex, multi-faceted character I find him fascinating, he is even one of my favorites. As a person though? He was not a good man.
Now that I had read this, it makes more sense to me.
But maybe he treated Harry in that way just because he thinks that because of Harry, Lily is dead ?
Honestly idk, but I don't like Harry's father, I don't hate him, but I don't like him :/
that is the same of mostly all the Harry's family (except Sirius and Lily), and yeah ik Sirius is not really blood related to Harry, but he was like a father to him from my point of view.

Im ok with pretty much all the ships that are in some fandoms where I'm, but ONE that I can stan is (from Gotham) OswaldxTabitha, like *** ? She killed his mother in fron of him!!!!!! HOW YOU SHIP THAT ? sorry I don't get it.

Other one, that is more popular in gotham is OswaldxEd (Enygma).
Yeah yeah, they are friends because of the wierd moment they met, but that doesn't work for me, I don't think Oswald would see Ed more than a friend or nothing like that and Ed, well for me the only person he really loved was Kristen, so yeah out of this too.

And this one brotherxbrother like, really ?.... No for me, sorry.

But hey! it's your ship and your point of view and I respect it.
sq1IuCD.png wvz5N8O.png 4Bz0H0h.png Have a nice day!

pB4mtr0.png Pairs + Sales 37rb42a.png fUHWFTE.png

1LT0ZsJ.png ck9Yfve.png ujKGCQj.png 40565.png
Tsukiyama and Kaneki Ken. I don't care how obsessed Tsukiyama is with Kaneki. He wants to eat him, and he's a pretty creepy ******* in just about everything he does. I just...jeeze. I hate that purple haired oui-aboo and I hate that it's the most popular ship in the series.
Tsukiyama and Kaneki Ken. I don't care how obsessed Tsukiyama is with Kaneki. He wants to eat him, and he's a pretty creepy ******* in just about everything he does. I just...jeeze. I hate that purple haired oui-aboo and I hate that it's the most popular ship in the series.
B6ve782.gif
I don't get the hype with Levi X Eren in Attack on Titan. I seriously don't understand much of the ship. Not feeling it man sorry! And it's everywhere around the fandom.
A few reasons why is that the age gap is pretty big. Eren is like near 16 and Levi is somewhere in his 30s. And I feel that Eren has more meaningful connections and relationships with other characters*cough*Ohyouknowthethreemaincharacters
youseeintheearlychapters..

Also Hetalia. I don't really ship any country unless it's somehow canon. I feel awkward because they're real countries so I just stick to family and sibling relationships
I don't get the hype with Levi X Eren in Attack on Titan. I seriously don't understand much of the ship. Not feeling it man sorry! And it's everywhere around the fandom.
A few reasons why is that the age gap is pretty big. Eren is like near 16 and Levi is somewhere in his 30s. And I feel that Eren has more meaningful connections and relationships with other characters*cough*Ohyouknowthethreemaincharacters
youseeintheearlychapters..

Also Hetalia. I don't really ship any country unless it's somehow canon. I feel awkward because they're real countries so I just stick to family and sibling relationships
JVh11Ww.png
All of them, pretty much. I never really ship any characters. I'll be mildly disappointed if characters with chemistry get together, or if characters who don't work get together, but that's as far as it goes. Makes the shipping wars even more ridiculous because I see it from a completely outside perspective.
All of them, pretty much. I never really ship any characters. I'll be mildly disappointed if characters with chemistry get together, or if characters who don't work get together, but that's as far as it goes. Makes the shipping wars even more ridiculous because I see it from a completely outside perspective.
riIlIkg.pngxxxxxxx2fThUE6.pngxxxxxxx3RHrJoP.png
I do not ship JadeKat or DaveKat or JohnRose
I do not ship JadeKat or DaveKat or JohnRose
IM LEAVING FR. SEE THIS THREAD FOR DRAGONS: LORE, LVL 25, etc
I'm not really into shipping so I don't tend to have a lot of OTPs. I do, however, tend to accumulate [i]No[/i]TPs. I'm having a hard time coming up with examples because I'm sufficiently out of touch with fandom that I'm not sure which ones are popular, but they are often canon in some form. :( I agree with RnBlack about Snape/Lily, though - I think Snape is an interesting character, but he's also a gross creeper, sorry. [quote name="Charoula" date=2016-04-23 09:33:13]I've developed some sense of respect for their friendships, both in MCU and HP, and although I'm fine with shipping same sex people together and I do it all the time, for example with Dragon Age characters, when there is a strong friendship bond between said people, I steer clear from that ship. If they barely know each other? Yes please! If they BFFs? Nope, I'm out of here. [/quote] I... find this really odd, tbh. I mean, obviously friendship does not always lead to attraction and trying to shoehorn romance into every friendship is a stretch... but to me, attraction in the absence of friendship is just infatuation, not love. It's possible for a relationship to start based on infatuation and develop an actual bond later, but I consider friendship to be a necessary part of a meaningful relationship. As an example, this is why I had a hard time buying Buffy/Angel as ~twoo wuv~ like the show seemed to be trying to sell it - instead, it merely read as overblown teenage infatuation to me (even though only one of them was a teenager and the other was just an emotionally immature centuries-old vampire... which... makes it worse), whereas the Angel/Cordelia relationship that later developed in the spinoff seemed more legit.
I'm not really into shipping so I don't tend to have a lot of OTPs. I do, however, tend to accumulate NoTPs. I'm having a hard time coming up with examples because I'm sufficiently out of touch with fandom that I'm not sure which ones are popular, but they are often canon in some form. :(

I agree with RnBlack about Snape/Lily, though - I think Snape is an interesting character, but he's also a gross creeper, sorry.

Charoula wrote on 2016-04-23:
I've developed some sense of respect for their friendships, both in MCU and HP, and although I'm fine with shipping same sex people together and I do it all the time, for example with Dragon Age characters, when there is a strong friendship bond between said people, I steer clear from that ship.

If they barely know each other? Yes please! If they BFFs? Nope, I'm out of here.
I... find this really odd, tbh. I mean, obviously friendship does not always lead to attraction and trying to shoehorn romance into every friendship is a stretch... but to me, attraction in the absence of friendship is just infatuation, not love. It's possible for a relationship to start based on infatuation and develop an actual bond later, but I consider friendship to be a necessary part of a meaningful relationship.

As an example, this is why I had a hard time buying Buffy/Angel as ~twoo wuv~ like the show seemed to be trying to sell it - instead, it merely read as overblown teenage infatuation to me (even though only one of them was a teenager and the other was just an emotionally immature centuries-old vampire... which... makes it worse), whereas the Angel/Cordelia relationship that later developed in the spinoff seemed more legit.
a2lgFWW.pngxZFY4RG.pngyYXzKag.png
Even though Rosemary is canon I still don't like the pairing because they are both interpreted entirely wrong by fandom all the time. They're always portrayed as these classy ladies who do nothing but drink tea and wax poetically at each other. Did they not read their dialogue at all? They're both really smart and really snarky
Even though Rosemary is canon I still don't like the pairing because they are both interpreted entirely wrong by fandom all the time. They're always portrayed as these classy ladies who do nothing but drink tea and wax poetically at each other. Did they not read their dialogue at all? They're both really smart and really snarky
water-banner-3_zpspqe7dfz3.gif

Well-behaved women seldom make history - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
End corruption now
I've never liked Steve/Bucky and Deadpool/Cable. First pairing just feels so boring to me, it's really frustrating that it's so popular because that means good authors write it instead of something else :D Wish they wrote more FrostIrons, I love those snarky gits together. As for Deadpool/Cable... idk, to me they feel like bros, not lovers.
I've never liked Steve/Bucky and Deadpool/Cable. First pairing just feels so boring to me, it's really frustrating that it's so popular because that means good authors write it instead of something else :D Wish they wrote more FrostIrons, I love those snarky gits together. As for Deadpool/Cable... idk, to me they feel like bros, not lovers.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9