Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Phobias
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
I'm incredibly arachnophobic. There's others, but that's the main one.
I'm incredibly arachnophobic. There's others, but that's the main one.
U80694W.png
Arachnophobia... O_O
Arachnophobia... O_O
39262092.png
@Charoula Hmm I never really noticed that before... I guess I don't mind having 4 in quantity, I just hate the number itself.
@Charoula Hmm I never really noticed that before... I guess I don't mind having 4 in quantity, I just hate the number itself.
"I wish, I wish with all my heart...
...To fly with dragons, in a land apart."
fgqUn.gif
@Apugolypse
Ouch - that must've been traumatising, sorry you had to go through that! I don't know how I would've reacted in that situation. Hmm, it seems people are mostly arachnophobic here.
@Apugolypse
Ouch - that must've been traumatising, sorry you had to go through that! I don't know how I would've reacted in that situation. Hmm, it seems people are mostly arachnophobic here.
fgqUn.gif
[quote name="FenDweller" date=2016-04-18 07:08:20] Do you have any weird phobias? I'm claustrophobic, can't stand tiny spaces, and I hate the number 4. [/quote] @FenDweller Funny enough I love 4. XDI hate 2, but I say that's more of a superstition. I however did use to have a phobia of the color neon yellow.
FenDweller wrote on 2016-04-18:
Do you have any weird phobias? I'm claustrophobic, can't stand tiny spaces, and I hate the number 4.
@FenDweller
Funny enough I love 4. XDI hate 2, but I say that's more of a superstition.

I however did use to have a phobia of the color neon yellow.
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
@Autopsy That's interesting, haven't heard of that one before! Good luck with your future career, hope you get over your fear. :)

@Shyren You're a lot like my sister! She has spectrophobia and emetophobia as well, though I never realised it was a real thing with a term for it. I'll have to tell her. Getting lost in a fun house must've been terrible! Those things are creepy by themselves and I would never even think of going near them, let alone getting lost in them. Dk, I always have this irrational feeling that I might turn around and see a different reflection in the mirrors.

@Oniishiba That must have been traumatising indeed, I'm sorry you had to go through that! I understand you as my claustrophobia stems from a show I watched when I was really young, wherein the characters lied down in a sealed container/ box-like thing for beauty-enhancing(?) purposes, but ended up getting stuck in them and suffocating to death. I'm not really clear what exactly was happening however, I was 5 at the time.

@Elligance Poor you! I got stung by a bee in school when I was seven, though since it was due to my stupidity (a senior dared me to run past the gate which the bees made their hive on) and I got to go home the rest of the day, I'm not really scared of them now. If a bee ever approaches you, don't scream or run, just try to walk away calmly or if they approach blow at them. You won't get stung then, I promise.
@Autopsy That's interesting, haven't heard of that one before! Good luck with your future career, hope you get over your fear. :)

@Shyren You're a lot like my sister! She has spectrophobia and emetophobia as well, though I never realised it was a real thing with a term for it. I'll have to tell her. Getting lost in a fun house must've been terrible! Those things are creepy by themselves and I would never even think of going near them, let alone getting lost in them. Dk, I always have this irrational feeling that I might turn around and see a different reflection in the mirrors.

@Oniishiba That must have been traumatising indeed, I'm sorry you had to go through that! I understand you as my claustrophobia stems from a show I watched when I was really young, wherein the characters lied down in a sealed container/ box-like thing for beauty-enhancing(?) purposes, but ended up getting stuck in them and suffocating to death. I'm not really clear what exactly was happening however, I was 5 at the time.

@Elligance Poor you! I got stung by a bee in school when I was seven, though since it was due to my stupidity (a senior dared me to run past the gate which the bees made their hive on) and I got to go home the rest of the day, I'm not really scared of them now. If a bee ever approaches you, don't scream or run, just try to walk away calmly or if they approach blow at them. You won't get stung then, I promise.
fgqUn.gif
@FanDweller

Is there one for grasshoppers, and earwigs? I hate those things and when I see one I freeze and slowly back away while yelling for a sibling to kill it for me.
@FanDweller

Is there one for grasshoppers, and earwigs? I hate those things and when I see one I freeze and slowly back away while yelling for a sibling to kill it for me.
poor thing... needs to update his forum signature and hasn't yet. oh well!
@FMG Haha that's interesting! I hope no robins frequent your area!

@Melonsaur @SnickerToodles I get ya, I can't sleep without covered windows and have to use a nightlight.

@Tigerwind Good that you can do it, though! It takes courage to come into contact with things you're afraid of/ hate.

@sleeplessfaun I feel uncomfortable interacting with people in real life as well, though not to your extent, so I can't claim to know how it feels, though it must be terrible for you! Good luck with your fears!

@Nukpana That's interesting, a fear of butterflies? I have a friend who has a similar fear however - she has an intense fear of fish, but can't even stand to hear it or see pictures of them.
@FMG Haha that's interesting! I hope no robins frequent your area!

@Melonsaur @SnickerToodles I get ya, I can't sleep without covered windows and have to use a nightlight.

@Tigerwind Good that you can do it, though! It takes courage to come into contact with things you're afraid of/ hate.

@sleeplessfaun I feel uncomfortable interacting with people in real life as well, though not to your extent, so I can't claim to know how it feels, though it must be terrible for you! Good luck with your fears!

@Nukpana That's interesting, a fear of butterflies? I have a friend who has a similar fear however - she has an intense fear of fish, but can't even stand to hear it or see pictures of them.
fgqUn.gif
@ImpossibleJedi4 4 lovers(this sounds so terribly wrong) unite? Maybe we should start a club? XD

@ImpossibleJedi4 4 lovers(this sounds so terribly wrong) unite? Maybe we should start a club? XD

light_small.png
Happiness can be found,
even in the darkest of times,
if one only remembers to turn on the light.

light_small.png
@ImpossibleJedi4 Oh lol my hate for it's really a superstition as well - in my native language the number 4 is pronounced like 'death', therefore giving it a bad reputation. Funnily enough even though 44's considered more inauspicious than 4, meaning 'double death', I don't have a problem with it. On the contrary, I like the number 2 - it was even once my lucky number heh.

@TheHeroicOne Hmm is that just a fear for them and not insects in general? Idk, but while I don't hate insects I do fear cockroaches. Not dead ones either, just live ones. Like I can even 'sense' their presence in the room to some extent - whenever there's one around I have this acute uncomfortable feeling.
@ImpossibleJedi4 Oh lol my hate for it's really a superstition as well - in my native language the number 4 is pronounced like 'death', therefore giving it a bad reputation. Funnily enough even though 44's considered more inauspicious than 4, meaning 'double death', I don't have a problem with it. On the contrary, I like the number 2 - it was even once my lucky number heh.

@TheHeroicOne Hmm is that just a fear for them and not insects in general? Idk, but while I don't hate insects I do fear cockroaches. Not dead ones either, just live ones. Like I can even 'sense' their presence in the room to some extent - whenever there's one around I have this acute uncomfortable feeling.
fgqUn.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13