Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | #Window10OwnerProblems
1 2 3 4 5
I said no to Cortana right off the bat and now she bugs me to enable her so she can nag me to turn on more windows nagware, ech.

It's still less annoying than windows 8, though.

I wish they would stop trying to make computers more like mobile devices, because I hate mobile devices and that's why I paid extra to get a good computer, damn it!

Windows 10 is definitely much better on a clean install rather than an upgrade from 8. I tried to upgrade on my laptop that's still running 8 and it broke every one of my drivers and nothing worked. I fiddled with it for 6 hours and then reverted it, lmao. I'm having no issues with it on a clean install on a new machine and actually like it, but that may be me thinking it's good only in comparison to 8.

Ignorance is bliss so I'm not going to test the illusion, lol.
I said no to Cortana right off the bat and now she bugs me to enable her so she can nag me to turn on more windows nagware, ech.

It's still less annoying than windows 8, though.

I wish they would stop trying to make computers more like mobile devices, because I hate mobile devices and that's why I paid extra to get a good computer, damn it!

Windows 10 is definitely much better on a clean install rather than an upgrade from 8. I tried to upgrade on my laptop that's still running 8 and it broke every one of my drivers and nothing worked. I fiddled with it for 6 hours and then reverted it, lmao. I'm having no issues with it on a clean install on a new machine and actually like it, but that may be me thinking it's good only in comparison to 8.

Ignorance is bliss so I'm not going to test the illusion, lol.
tfw ur drawing tablet stops working after you install windows ten
tfw ur drawing tablet stops working after you install windows ten
♥♥♥♥♥ AYZQQJX.gif hewwo black holes

art shop
DISCORD/CHY
HE/HIM
PING ME
toyhouse
hewwo black holes 19135259_VtKZb6nf8O405md.gif
@RottenSocks
I would have found this out eventually after some digging if I had decided to look for it much later on down the road XD

I haven't done a hard reset on a computer since high school. Only then because of viruses. But meh they reappeared and are still there today so not complaining so much now.
@RottenSocks
I would have found this out eventually after some digging if I had decided to look for it much later on down the road XD

I haven't done a hard reset on a computer since high school. Only then because of viruses. But meh they reappeared and are still there today so not complaining so much now.
y0773uw.png
they/them pronouns please
Windows 10 problem: Windows 10
Windows 10 problem: Windows 10
tumblr_nsr3ya7mQf1t0ob39o1_250.png
I was pretty okay with Cortana tbh; I liked that I could tell her to do stuff (I had made it my mission to find out how to voice activate her to put my computer to sleep--no such luck) but after one update she just got stuck on the enable location/turn me on part and I gave up.

Also getting stuck on waking up screens. That's a big glitch I get from time to time.
I was pretty okay with Cortana tbh; I liked that I could tell her to do stuff (I had made it my mission to find out how to voice activate her to put my computer to sleep--no such luck) but after one update she just got stuck on the enable location/turn me on part and I gave up.

Also getting stuck on waking up screens. That's a big glitch I get from time to time.
"Windows will restart in 2 minutes. Please save every single document and PS file you have open but you better do it quick because it's about to start lagging and the moment 1.5 minutes hit you're going down."
"Windows will restart in 2 minutes. Please save every single document and PS file you have open but you better do it quick because it's about to start lagging and the moment 1.5 minutes hit you're going down."
FGcy2e4.png xx Sucrose
u she/they
u frt +3
u skins
u wishlist
xx FGcy2e4.png
that's a lovely start menu you have there... it would be a shame if it stopped working ....
that's a lovely start menu you have there... it would be a shame if it stopped working ....
ven / he/his , if i don't reply, i probably didn't see it!
bUUy115.png
My computer didn't even ask if I wanted the update from 8.1 (which I actually liked) and updated to 10 on its own. Now my startup takes 2x longer and chrome is broken making me have to restart the computer to use it for maybe 30 minutes before it has a breakdown. I have no love for this new windows at all.
My computer didn't even ask if I wanted the update from 8.1 (which I actually liked) and updated to 10 on its own. Now my startup takes 2x longer and chrome is broken making me have to restart the computer to use it for maybe 30 minutes before it has a breakdown. I have no love for this new windows at all.
Go shower.
Oh my laptop restarted for updates...

Go nap.
Oh it restarted again and is now updating for 20 minutes.

Go to the bathroom.
Oh no not again I hadn't saved that!

Go just get something from the fridge.
That took like 1 minute so there's no way that- are you kidding me.

Win10 is taking it's update-riddled toll on me and I'm pretty sure I'm keeping my main computer as a win7 forever. Win10 is enough suffering on my laptop half the time.
Go shower.
Oh my laptop restarted for updates...

Go nap.
Oh it restarted again and is now updating for 20 minutes.

Go to the bathroom.
Oh no not again I hadn't saved that!

Go just get something from the fridge.
That took like 1 minute so there's no way that- are you kidding me.

Win10 is taking it's update-riddled toll on me and I'm pretty sure I'm keeping my main computer as a win7 forever. Win10 is enough suffering on my laptop half the time.
LIo8D8G.gif
Ha I'm still on Windows 7. I only use it for gaming so I'm never updating it. Ever. D:
Ha I'm still on Windows 7. I only use it for gaming so I'm never updating it. Ever. D:
EWVk32n.png 2myBCp7.png vnzi22K.png EZm008o.png O0Pbuvo.png
1 2 3 4 5