Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | #Window10OwnerProblems
1 2 3 4 5
when you get the little popup in the corner that says your firewalls/virus protection softwares are turned off and you check and they're not???
when you get the little popup in the corner that says your firewalls/virus protection softwares are turned off and you check and they're not???
Ollie | he/him
eGiN2Xv.png F8WMfQz.png thDLJf3.png
Being lucky if my search, home button, or wifi buttons work.
Being lucky if my computer works at all.
Being lucky if my search, home button, or wifi buttons work.
Being lucky if my computer works at all.
r8pvz1.gif
Very much late to the W10 party cause lack of internet and laptop's motherboard is dying. But I said screw it yesterday and decided to see if I like it or not and ALL MY FILES ARE GONE! Like I had already saved them and all elsewhere when I found out my usb ports were dying, which is a result of the motherboard calling it quits, but I was actually, painstakingly watching some anime that was still on my laptop and those files are gone T.T No music either for me to listen to. Not that bad but still...not liking this.

Oh and my sound just going bye bye after having it yesterday but googled that solution and yay sound.

Now to see why my chrome settings didn't go through when I logged into chrome >.>
Very much late to the W10 party cause lack of internet and laptop's motherboard is dying. But I said screw it yesterday and decided to see if I like it or not and ALL MY FILES ARE GONE! Like I had already saved them and all elsewhere when I found out my usb ports were dying, which is a result of the motherboard calling it quits, but I was actually, painstakingly watching some anime that was still on my laptop and those files are gone T.T No music either for me to listen to. Not that bad but still...not liking this.

Oh and my sound just going bye bye after having it yesterday but googled that solution and yay sound.

Now to see why my chrome settings didn't go through when I logged into chrome >.>
y0773uw.png
they/them pronouns please
I've heard Windows 10 works better if you update from a clean install, but it's really better to just buy an OS and install it instead of performing an in place upgrade.

...That said windows in general sucks.
I've heard Windows 10 works better if you update from a clean install, but it's really better to just buy an OS and install it instead of performing an in place upgrade.

...That said windows in general sucks.
a71d855648.png
Oh goodness, Windows 10..........
Where none of my apps work, where sometimes my task bar doesn't show any of my pinned apps or even the time........
Oh goodness, Windows 10..........
Where none of my apps work, where sometimes my task bar doesn't show any of my pinned apps or even the time........
RPMyHZU.pngMUYNhfy.pngRPMyHZU.png

WKtl2lb.pngUU9vIu2.pngkBHm00y.pngrix3ppo.png
#thisiswhyIwillneverupdate

At least until Microsoft comes out with something that isn't rubbish.
So basically I will have Windows 7 forever.

I mean, if they had to skip 9 to distance themselves from 8 because it was so bad what is going to be the next version of Windows, 14?
Well, in fairness I do like 10 better than 8 when I've had to deal with them on public computers but it still hasn't been convincingly explained to me how 10 is an improvement over 7 except for users who just want their PC to be a smartphone except more annoying to use.
#thisiswhyIwillneverupdate

At least until Microsoft comes out with something that isn't rubbish.
So basically I will have Windows 7 forever.

I mean, if they had to skip 9 to distance themselves from 8 because it was so bad what is going to be the next version of Windows, 14?
Well, in fairness I do like 10 better than 8 when I've had to deal with them on public computers but it still hasn't been convincingly explained to me how 10 is an improvement over 7 except for users who just want their PC to be a smartphone except more annoying to use.
I didnt update/grade to 10. My uncle says its useless and he had many MANY issues with it.
I didnt update/grade to 10. My uncle says its useless and he had many MANY issues with it.
BGibTCz.png
Never being able to permanently end Cortana without messing with the registry.

I'm also very uncomfortable with the fact that for normal users, upgrades are non-optional. It ties in with my issue of things being constantly online or updated. While it's good that companies can constantly update things to make them better, I feel like it's also a way for companies to hastily release a buggy update and then say: "Oh, we'll just do some kind of hotfix instead of properly testing it for bugs!"
Never being able to permanently end Cortana without messing with the registry.

I'm also very uncomfortable with the fact that for normal users, upgrades are non-optional. It ties in with my issue of things being constantly online or updated. While it's good that companies can constantly update things to make them better, I feel like it's also a way for companies to hastily release a buggy update and then say: "Oh, we'll just do some kind of hotfix instead of properly testing it for bugs!"
explorer randomly breaking so i have to use the power button to get anywhere
*slams head repeatedly on desk*
explorer randomly breaking so i have to use the power button to get anywhere
*slams head repeatedly on desk*
She/Her | PM me about saving a fodder dragon :)
cSQQuYb.png
I'm sill using windows 7, but every now and then this tiny window pops up that wants me to install the new version... And i'm just like NOPE
I'm sill using windows 7, but every now and then this tiny window pops up that wants me to install the new version... And i'm just like NOPE
1 2 3 4 5