Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Opinion on: School Lunches
1 2 3 4 5 6
In my school some meals are just drag terrible such as the orange chicken. Others just taste plain and stale(burgers,fries,etc) but at times we do have the actually good foods come up like the grilled cheese,lasagna,taco(surprisingly),etc...

I still remember the taste of that orange chicken.... I just can't right now
In my school some meals are just drag terrible such as the orange chicken. Others just taste plain and stale(burgers,fries,etc) but at times we do have the actually good foods come up like the grilled cheese,lasagna,taco(surprisingly),etc...

I still remember the taste of that orange chicken.... I just can't right now
JVh11Ww.png
@xxfacethemusicxx Our school serves vegeterian and vegan food only which has improved the quality of the food sooooo much! When I was a kid I was force fed disgusting things by teachers at my school until I got food phobia and coudln't eat anything besides noodles and macdonalds pretty much, it got a bit better in high school but now I can eat everything that my school serves, it's the best!
@xxfacethemusicxx Our school serves vegeterian and vegan food only which has improved the quality of the food sooooo much! When I was a kid I was force fed disgusting things by teachers at my school until I got food phobia and coudln't eat anything besides noodles and macdonalds pretty much, it got a bit better in high school but now I can eat everything that my school serves, it's the best!
tumblr_nre81rYTi11unlpe2o1_100.png
tumblr_o537q169Y71vq17reo10_r1_75sq.gif
The schools I went to in my home state actually had nice, enjoyable lunches, and a huge variety of things to pick from. They had pizza catered instead of serving a school version, and they always had alternative lunch options if you didn't want the daily special.

The schools I've gone to in this state, however, have the lunches that most people imagine when they think of school lunch: disgusting, cheap, mystery meat, terrible taste, etc.. There was a tale in our district about a kid who allegedly dropped a school hot dog and had it bounce right back to him like a rubber ball.
The schools I went to in my home state actually had nice, enjoyable lunches, and a huge variety of things to pick from. They had pizza catered instead of serving a school version, and they always had alternative lunch options if you didn't want the daily special.

The schools I've gone to in this state, however, have the lunches that most people imagine when they think of school lunch: disgusting, cheap, mystery meat, terrible taste, etc.. There was a tale in our district about a kid who allegedly dropped a school hot dog and had it bounce right back to him like a rubber ball.
r5CjlMV.gif
+ 0 FR Time
I go to a kinda fancy private school, and our school lunches are pretty good, but really expensive. I'm not sure you could really call them school lunches - more like a cafe on campus. God, but they have the best fries. And tater tots/hash browns. Mmm.

There's a lot of chips and stuff, fries usually, some kind of burger/chicken/pasta, subs, and so on. Sometimes there are theme days, like Italian, Chinese, and Mexican. It all tastes pretty good! Most drinks are like $3-$4, though, and I can't recall the price of most of the meals but I feel like it's maybe just a little less than $10. It costs more if you want sides and a drink. It adds up pretty quick if you eat there a lot, so most people bring their own lunch, but I like to go for snacks every now and then.

Just thought I'd offer a different perspective, I guess?
I go to a kinda fancy private school, and our school lunches are pretty good, but really expensive. I'm not sure you could really call them school lunches - more like a cafe on campus. God, but they have the best fries. And tater tots/hash browns. Mmm.

There's a lot of chips and stuff, fries usually, some kind of burger/chicken/pasta, subs, and so on. Sometimes there are theme days, like Italian, Chinese, and Mexican. It all tastes pretty good! Most drinks are like $3-$4, though, and I can't recall the price of most of the meals but I feel like it's maybe just a little less than $10. It costs more if you want sides and a drink. It adds up pretty quick if you eat there a lot, so most people bring their own lunch, but I like to go for snacks every now and then.

Just thought I'd offer a different perspective, I guess?
The sun warms the soilowHD2Fr.pngon a cool autumn day.
No lie, I've only eaten school lunch once.

In first grade the teacher did not explain choices A and B, and so I got cardboard pizza instead of something that would at least be safe to eat.
Eww.

Until the day I die I will not eat school food.
No lie, I've only eaten school lunch once.

In first grade the teacher did not explain choices A and B, and so I got cardboard pizza instead of something that would at least be safe to eat.
Eww.

Until the day I die I will not eat school food.
no
Don't trust school food, it's just asking to get sick
Don't trust school food, it's just asking to get sick
sBdLZtA.png
So much nope. I only like the chicken patties. And the turkey and pickles out of sandwiches.
THe burgers are just. No. So bland.
I believe they changed the chicken nugget recipe, making them like the not so good chicken tenders. ;_;

Ali the pizza dippers are awesome ;v; but the pizzas themselves... ew.
So much nope. I only like the chicken patties. And the turkey and pickles out of sandwiches.
THe burgers are just. No. So bland.
I believe they changed the chicken nugget recipe, making them like the not so good chicken tenders. ;_;

Ali the pizza dippers are awesome ;v; but the pizzas themselves... ew.
T3TuubO.png
School food is nasty, especially the cheap "we're-required-by-law-to-offer-this-for-2.50-" stuff. Snack bar food is sometimes a little more bearable -- still incredibly unhealthy, but slightly less "ew this is nasty"
Also if you can't afford it? Bread and a slice of American (aka pure chemicals) cheese. Sometimes with a (sometimes expired) milk if the lunch lady is feeling generous.
School food is nasty, especially the cheap "we're-required-by-law-to-offer-this-for-2.50-" stuff. Snack bar food is sometimes a little more bearable -- still incredibly unhealthy, but slightly less "ew this is nasty"
Also if you can't afford it? Bread and a slice of American (aka pure chemicals) cheese. Sometimes with a (sometimes expired) milk if the lunch lady is feeling generous.
all of my hoards are located here! // free level twenty-four cauldron!
tumblr_inline_nfx4qkzLCB1r6zydg.png
There was a unspoken rule in middle school: If school has not been held for more than two
days, don't drink the milk
. As they'd often serve expired milk on purpose to get it used up, but that pretty much limited you to still frozen fruit juice. I also served in the cafeteria in middle school as well and while the food wasn't that bad the food sanitiation could be so much better. I pretty much had the inside scoop on what has been dropped on the floor and shoved back in the pan.

While not "student lunches", In high school I helped with preparing food for the teacher's lunches for thier Friday meetings and every other week we'd have a joker sabotaging the drinks with laxative and loading the vegetarian options with sugar.

Fast forward to today, and the university I go to is charging $5 for a ham and cheese sandwich. And that's the "Deal of the day" price. So I don't really eat there.
There was a unspoken rule in middle school: If school has not been held for more than two
days, don't drink the milk
. As they'd often serve expired milk on purpose to get it used up, but that pretty much limited you to still frozen fruit juice. I also served in the cafeteria in middle school as well and while the food wasn't that bad the food sanitiation could be so much better. I pretty much had the inside scoop on what has been dropped on the floor and shoved back in the pan.

While not "student lunches", In high school I helped with preparing food for the teacher's lunches for thier Friday meetings and every other week we'd have a joker sabotaging the drinks with laxative and loading the vegetarian options with sugar.

Fast forward to today, and the university I go to is charging $5 for a ham and cheese sandwich. And that's the "Deal of the day" price. So I don't really eat there.
Well, the food that my school serves is OK. Not good, but not bad either.
Well, the food that my school serves is OK. Not good, but not bad either.
uzH5Loo.gifgiratina-origin.gifluxray-f.gifempoleon.gifhaxorus.giftyranitar.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6