Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Opinions on art contests??
1 2
So I was considering opening an art contests since I have a pretty hoard of holiday sprites but I was wondering if that would really hit it off here?

I was considering a first and 2nd place with sprites and a 3rd place with some treasure.

My only problem is that in the end there would only be 3 winners so I would feel guilty?? I'm not sure.

Opinions?
So I was considering opening an art contests since I have a pretty hoard of holiday sprites but I was wondering if that would really hit it off here?

I was considering a first and 2nd place with sprites and a 3rd place with some treasure.

My only problem is that in the end there would only be 3 winners so I would feel guilty?? I'm not sure.

Opinions?
@Revs
do it anyway. honestly if people complain about not winning, they shouldn't enter the contest. if there's only three winners and three prizes, so be it.
@Revs
do it anyway. honestly if people complain about not winning, they shouldn't enter the contest. if there's only three winners and three prizes, so be it.
@Revs

I recommend having an off-site vote on the winners, that way those who don't make it into the top 3 don't blame it on your own personal tastes.
@Revs

I recommend having an off-site vote on the winners, that way those who don't make it into the top 3 don't blame it on your own personal tastes.
Cooking_Icon.pngCooking_Icon.pngCooking_Icon.png
An art contest sounds fun, I'd def enter! i agree with Cheeseburger, you should either have people vote on entries or get some people to be judges?
An art contest sounds fun, I'd def enter! i agree with Cheeseburger, you should either have people vote on entries or get some people to be judges?
They/Them || FR+ 3
@Cheeseburger
@astralavian

I was thinking of having my girlfriend help me with he judging.
That's the only thing is I would be having a contest for people to draw one of my characters, I forgot to mention it in the first post.

Part of the reason I'd feel guie because jnowig me I'd want to reward them all.
@Cheeseburger
@astralavian

I was thinking of having my girlfriend help me with he judging.
That's the only thing is I would be having a contest for people to draw one of my characters, I forgot to mention it in the first post.

Part of the reason I'd feel guie because jnowig me I'd want to reward them all.
@Revs

Regardless of who the art is for, if you're awarding prizes it's only fair if you have a larger group vote, I think. Though you could award some honorable mentions, or a participation prize if you feel guilty about not everyone getting something! Even if it's just a small token or treasure amount.
@Revs

Regardless of who the art is for, if you're awarding prizes it's only fair if you have a larger group vote, I think. Though you could award some honorable mentions, or a participation prize if you feel guilty about not everyone getting something! Even if it's just a small token or treasure amount.
Cooking_Icon.pngCooking_Icon.pngCooking_Icon.png
@Revs I think it would definitely hit off, especially for sprites. i don't think it's unfair that there's only three prizes since they're such rare items. and i also agree with the above that there should be a few more judges so as not to show favoritism, so no one feels like they got overlooked / can complain?

also, maybe ping me for entering if you put it up? c:
@Revs I think it would definitely hit off, especially for sprites. i don't think it's unfair that there's only three prizes since they're such rare items. and i also agree with the above that there should be a few more judges so as not to show favoritism, so no one feels like they got overlooked / can complain?

also, maybe ping me for entering if you put it up? c:
Crow JvUa9ma.png
WjJZ2Rn.png
160P7Fb.png
kCHWEjf.png
@Revs if people are going to complain about not winning an art contest then they're entering for the wrong reasons.
it's supposed to be a bit of fun, even if there's prizes at the end of it. though maybe that's just me, i never really enter art contests based off of the prizes. i tend to enter them based off of what i want to draw, and that way i'll be more likely to enjoy making it and when you enjoy what you create it shows in the work.

so yeah go for it, it's a good prize and sounds like a fun one to partake in ^^
@Revs if people are going to complain about not winning an art contest then they're entering for the wrong reasons.
it's supposed to be a bit of fun, even if there's prizes at the end of it. though maybe that's just me, i never really enter art contests based off of the prizes. i tend to enter them based off of what i want to draw, and that way i'll be more likely to enjoy making it and when you enjoy what you create it shows in the work.

so yeah go for it, it's a good prize and sounds like a fun one to partake in ^^
ePOliyb.pngspaaaace
mtHAEL4.pngspaaaace
tqGkHih.pngspaaaace
rUoKR6y.pngspaaaace
IrmwTXC.pngspaaaace
qKZAaLK.pngrOmZsMq.pngNHnRMJ2.png8KNFjaF.pngQJAOLGp.pngI1EqHDk.pngFRFriVl.pngliXoQQI.pngFRbWiYH.png
mz77kVn.png
@Revs I can get that you'd feel a tad guilty since in the end, you're kind of commisioning them and most of them won't get any sort of payment. So I'd suggest perhaps you can give a small reward to all other participants? Even if it's just 10kT or a small consolation prize or w/e, then they didn't waste their time on a "free" request. + it'd make it more fair if you like the other art of your dragon too, to use them later on. :)
@Revs I can get that you'd feel a tad guilty since in the end, you're kind of commisioning them and most of them won't get any sort of payment. So I'd suggest perhaps you can give a small reward to all other participants? Even if it's just 10kT or a small consolation prize or w/e, then they didn't waste their time on a "free" request. + it'd make it more fair if you like the other art of your dragon too, to use them later on. :)
CEMkO7t.png gifYPqJ.png
@Revs Ugh, no, please no public vote system, especially not off-site. That sort of thing always boils down to popularity (hey Facebook friends, please vote for me!!1!) rather than art quality. Go with recruiting a few trusted judges instead.

Other than that, hey go for it.
@Revs Ugh, no, please no public vote system, especially not off-site. That sort of thing always boils down to popularity (hey Facebook friends, please vote for me!!1!) rather than art quality. Go with recruiting a few trusted judges instead.

Other than that, hey go for it.
1 2