Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Tell me about your shiny pokemon
1 2 3 4 5 6
I have five shiny Pokémon, four on Diamond and one on SoulSilver. The four Diamond shinies were transferred from LeafGreen and Emerald.

In LeafGreen I caught a shiny Seel (now Dewgong) and shiny Machoke (now Machamp). In Emerald I caught a shiny Numel (now Camerupt) and shiny Shuppet (now Banette).

In SoulSilver I have a shiny Dragonite, but she might be illegitimate due to the fact that she was caught in an area where neither Dratini nor Dragonair appear. I got the game used and that she was on the file that was already on the cartridge.

My Numel story is probably the luckiest shiny catching story I have. I had previously caught a Numel on that save file and thus had it registered in my PokeDex. When I was running around the Fiery Path, I ran into a shiny Numel. When I lowered its health, I realized the only PokeBall I had in my bag was a Repeat Ball. Fortunately, the previously caught Numel allowed the Repeat Ball to have a high enough catch rate to catch her.

I named her Lola and she became a part of my main team, and now I use her for egg hatching in Diamond.

I have five shiny Pokémon, four on Diamond and one on SoulSilver. The four Diamond shinies were transferred from LeafGreen and Emerald.

In LeafGreen I caught a shiny Seel (now Dewgong) and shiny Machoke (now Machamp). In Emerald I caught a shiny Numel (now Camerupt) and shiny Shuppet (now Banette).

In SoulSilver I have a shiny Dragonite, but she might be illegitimate due to the fact that she was caught in an area where neither Dratini nor Dragonair appear. I got the game used and that she was on the file that was already on the cartridge.

My Numel story is probably the luckiest shiny catching story I have. I had previously caught a Numel on that save file and thus had it registered in my PokeDex. When I was running around the Fiery Path, I ran into a shiny Numel. When I lowered its health, I realized the only PokeBall I had in my bag was a Repeat Ball. Fortunately, the previously caught Numel allowed the Repeat Ball to have a high enough catch rate to catch her.

I named her Lola and she became a part of my main team, and now I use her for egg hatching in Diamond.

Hey, friendly reminder to drink water, stretch, and take a short break if you can. Stay healthy! Also, don't forget about any chores or tasks you might be putting off.
My first shiny ever was a shiny maractus on Pokemon White 2, so that one always has a special place in my heart. Since then, I have gotten a shiny fearow and bred for a shiny charizard after getting a shiny charm in x (tried to breed him competitive, but he ended up with positive attack nature (good) but terrible IVs in attack). Oh well. I have been trying to breed for a shiny Eevee for months now for eventually a shiny umbreon, but over 800 eggs hatched and no luck...
My first shiny ever was a shiny maractus on Pokemon White 2, so that one always has a special place in my heart. Since then, I have gotten a shiny fearow and bred for a shiny charizard after getting a shiny charm in x (tried to breed him competitive, but he ended up with positive attack nature (good) but terrible IVs in attack). Oh well. I have been trying to breed for a shiny Eevee for months now for eventually a shiny umbreon, but over 800 eggs hatched and no luck...
CVX0Ylh.png
My first shiny ever was my shiny Dunsparce that I caught on Pokemon X. I have been playing the games since they first came out, and that is when I finally got myself a shiny. -sigh- But I love them to pieces!

Other than that the only other shiny kid I have is a shiny Magnemite I go via wonder trade. It was amazing because I wasn't even going for anything special, and it was just there. They are a Magnezone now, and I took him to the elite four because I was so proud of having him in my party. <3 They were level one when I got them, so I trained them up to be how they are today.
My first shiny ever was my shiny Dunsparce that I caught on Pokemon X. I have been playing the games since they first came out, and that is when I finally got myself a shiny. -sigh- But I love them to pieces!

Other than that the only other shiny kid I have is a shiny Magnemite I go via wonder trade. It was amazing because I wasn't even going for anything special, and it was just there. They are a Magnezone now, and I took him to the elite four because I was so proud of having him in my party. <3 They were level one when I got them, so I trained them up to be how they are today.
tumblr_inline_nrj53lAKh41rbfe8q_500_zpsqiquog40.gif
I became a competitive shiny breeder after ending up disabled for over a year. I spent WAY too much time stuck in bed playing on my 3ds. but the end result is a collection of about 70+ shinies that are all 5-6 iv and competition worthy =3 First shiny was a vulpix. second one was a female eevee *and oh gads, I screamed so sharply my blackbelt boyfriend startled haha xD* third was a shiny ice vivillon. Ahh those were the days *3*
I became a competitive shiny breeder after ending up disabled for over a year. I spent WAY too much time stuck in bed playing on my 3ds. but the end result is a collection of about 70+ shinies that are all 5-6 iv and competition worthy =3 First shiny was a vulpix. second one was a female eevee *and oh gads, I screamed so sharply my blackbelt boyfriend startled haha xD* third was a shiny ice vivillon. Ahh those were the days *3*
Perpetually in search of dragons hatched August 30, 2013
My first ever shiny was a Whismur I caught in Sapphire. I thought my game was broken so yeah I was actually pretty dumb to catch it lol

Then I caught a Bidoof using that device in Diamond/Pearl for Chaining... argh I can't remember its name!

As soon as I learned about the Masuda method, I bred shiny Sunkern, Sigilyph and Magnemite!
My first ever shiny was a Whismur I caught in Sapphire. I thought my game was broken so yeah I was actually pretty dumb to catch it lol

Then I caught a Bidoof using that device in Diamond/Pearl for Chaining... argh I can't remember its name!

As soon as I learned about the Masuda method, I bred shiny Sunkern, Sigilyph and Magnemite!
iYFz4v1.png
I have a mostly complete WT shinydex but only have two boxes of my own legit shinies as I'm lazy XD
well that and I do stuff like miss an obvious shiny patch radar-chaining

My favorite is my shiny Latias, Marigold! Got her in about 1k runaways and she almost struggled to death
Ooh and my shiny female Charizard named Bishamon that I found in the friend safari while watching Noragami! Those two are my pride and joys, along with Laffytaffy the shiny Ampharos that I got after 4 months of consistent horde hunting and over 10 shiny Wingull <3
I have a mostly complete WT shinydex but only have two boxes of my own legit shinies as I'm lazy XD
well that and I do stuff like miss an obvious shiny patch radar-chaining

My favorite is my shiny Latias, Marigold! Got her in about 1k runaways and she almost struggled to death
Ooh and my shiny female Charizard named Bishamon that I found in the friend safari while watching Noragami! Those two are my pride and joys, along with Laffytaffy the shiny Ampharos that I got after 4 months of consistent horde hunting and over 10 shiny Wingull <3
Snr7ysG.png HChIF4s.png
I always breed and catch my own shinies, and have been doing so since Pearl. c: I love chaining in all the possible games, and I catch shinies in all the possible methods, actually. As long as I can catch them myself, choose which balls they go to, and nickname them, I'm good! Currently working on so many shiny projects, it's not even funny anymore. I also bought OR and AS both for SRing the legendaries, and I'm very excited about those. :D

Other than that, I have so many shinies by now, I can't even name a few favorites. Some of my newest 'mons are Bingo the shiny Mightyena and Kanree the shiny Breloom that I managed to dexnav for my team in AS, was pretty happy to find them, and they have super lovely stats too.

I'm one of those people who ditch their failure (bad stats, bad natures) shinies in Wonder Trade. I've ditched almost all the shinies I caught back in Gen IV for those reasons, and that was several boxfuls of 'mons after all. But I just have no use for them after all, since I've gotten pretty interested in stats since the 6th generation, now that everything is so visible, such as EV training.

Of course the pokes you can't get as shinies on your own bug me, so I traded for a shiny Xerneas and Yveltal recently. They're clones, but I don't mind clones, as they're legit otherwise, which these are. And man, are these two gorgeous! C: I am so happy to have them finally. Waiting for shiny Diancie to come out next~
I always breed and catch my own shinies, and have been doing so since Pearl. c: I love chaining in all the possible games, and I catch shinies in all the possible methods, actually. As long as I can catch them myself, choose which balls they go to, and nickname them, I'm good! Currently working on so many shiny projects, it's not even funny anymore. I also bought OR and AS both for SRing the legendaries, and I'm very excited about those. :D

Other than that, I have so many shinies by now, I can't even name a few favorites. Some of my newest 'mons are Bingo the shiny Mightyena and Kanree the shiny Breloom that I managed to dexnav for my team in AS, was pretty happy to find them, and they have super lovely stats too.

I'm one of those people who ditch their failure (bad stats, bad natures) shinies in Wonder Trade. I've ditched almost all the shinies I caught back in Gen IV for those reasons, and that was several boxfuls of 'mons after all. But I just have no use for them after all, since I've gotten pretty interested in stats since the 6th generation, now that everything is so visible, such as EV training.

Of course the pokes you can't get as shinies on your own bug me, so I traded for a shiny Xerneas and Yveltal recently. They're clones, but I don't mind clones, as they're legit otherwise, which these are. And man, are these two gorgeous! C: I am so happy to have them finally. Waiting for shiny Diancie to come out next~
Thats so sweet! My favorite shiny I own is my Vaporeon, Wex! I actually didn't catch him myself! Someone traded him for me for another shiny I got from WT! Vaporeons my favorie Pokemon and i've always wanted a shiny!
Thats so sweet! My favorite shiny I own is my Vaporeon, Wex! I actually didn't catch him myself! Someone traded him for me for another shiny I got from WT! Vaporeons my favorie Pokemon and i've always wanted a shiny!
Caught my first random shiny east shellos a long while back in pearl, still have her to. I also got a shiny caterpie when I was attempting a hg nuzlocke but once I got her I was like "nope, not risking it".
Caught my first random shiny east shellos a long while back in pearl, still have her to. I also got a shiny caterpie when I was attempting a hg nuzlocke but once I got her I was like "nope, not risking it".
tumblr_nxdei30UhH1ujt5g9o1_250.png
I've traded a few of my caught shinies for various things, my random encounters have been a shiny Dunsparce, shiny Swablu and a shiny Boldore.

Trying to complete my dex I breed dratinis and then put them up for trade for random pokemon that I'm too lazy to catch, and someone sent me a shiny Butterfree which was awesome!

I've only got a handful of shinies, something like two and a half lines in a box, but my pride an joy is my shiny Absol because I've been wanting one since Diamond. His name is Howl. And after I got Howl I started to hatch for a shiny Smeargle and got one within 15 eggs which was awesome. Her name is Georgia.

I have a shiny eevee named Finch that I haven't evolved into anything yet, I'm still deciding.
I've traded a few of my caught shinies for various things, my random encounters have been a shiny Dunsparce, shiny Swablu and a shiny Boldore.

Trying to complete my dex I breed dratinis and then put them up for trade for random pokemon that I'm too lazy to catch, and someone sent me a shiny Butterfree which was awesome!

I've only got a handful of shinies, something like two and a half lines in a box, but my pride an joy is my shiny Absol because I've been wanting one since Diamond. His name is Howl. And after I got Howl I started to hatch for a shiny Smeargle and got one within 15 eggs which was awesome. Her name is Georgia.

I have a shiny eevee named Finch that I haven't evolved into anything yet, I'm still deciding.
1 2 3 4 5 6