Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Tell me about your shiny pokemon
1 2 3 4 5 6
@lunusdragoness
*Has sudden flashbacks to a Shiny Hoothoot encountered before Pokeballs were available*

....I've had a few shinies before, a Golbat, Nidoran boy, sandshrew, a mime jr, most are gone because I reset games and couldn't transfer them but I think I still have a few. I've also been given a Shiny Gengar and Chandelure from some kind stranger on my X game when I first got it which was a couple of weeks after it was actually released.
@lunusdragoness
*Has sudden flashbacks to a Shiny Hoothoot encountered before Pokeballs were available*

....I've had a few shinies before, a Golbat, Nidoran boy, sandshrew, a mime jr, most are gone because I reset games and couldn't transfer them but I think I still have a few. I've also been given a Shiny Gengar and Chandelure from some kind stranger on my X game when I first got it which was a couple of weeks after it was actually released.
zBb62uZ.pngkiukE70.png1.png
@ironpen whoa this just exploded with stories of shiny pokemon
@ironpen whoa this just exploded with stories of shiny pokemon
boIu4p9.png
@haveabetterday sorry all my shinies are priceless
@haveabetterday sorry all my shinies are priceless
boIu4p9.png
I have so many shinies. Just. All the shinies. Most of them are competitive with perfect IVs, too, since I like to breed/RNG for them myself. Two stories:

Back in BW2, I RNG'd myself a perfect shiny Cobalion. Simple enough. After I caught him and finished squealing, I figured I'd test my new baby out by catching the in-game Uxie... Aaand she was also shiny. And just as perfect. Uhm. What? I still haven't figured out if she was on a similar seed to my Cobalion or if it was pure dumb luck, but I'm not complaining. AAAGH.

And just last week, I was WTing to boost my 'Dex a bit and received a Bulbasaur. After taking a moment or two for the old brain to kick into gear - "Wait. Bulbasaurs are blue-green, not yellow-green." Yep, shiny. With her HA. And six perfect IVs. Needless to say, I thought she'd been traded accidentally at first, but she turned out to be from some Wonder Trade Wednesday thing in celebration of ORAS' one-year anniversary, because people are amazing sometimes. Double AAAGH.

Proof: Calopus the Cobalion, Malin the Uxie, Lyssa (ignore her name, I call her Lyssa) the Venusaur. MY PRECIOUS CHILDREN. ;__;
I have so many shinies. Just. All the shinies. Most of them are competitive with perfect IVs, too, since I like to breed/RNG for them myself. Two stories:

Back in BW2, I RNG'd myself a perfect shiny Cobalion. Simple enough. After I caught him and finished squealing, I figured I'd test my new baby out by catching the in-game Uxie... Aaand she was also shiny. And just as perfect. Uhm. What? I still haven't figured out if she was on a similar seed to my Cobalion or if it was pure dumb luck, but I'm not complaining. AAAGH.

And just last week, I was WTing to boost my 'Dex a bit and received a Bulbasaur. After taking a moment or two for the old brain to kick into gear - "Wait. Bulbasaurs are blue-green, not yellow-green." Yep, shiny. With her HA. And six perfect IVs. Needless to say, I thought she'd been traded accidentally at first, but she turned out to be from some Wonder Trade Wednesday thing in celebration of ORAS' one-year anniversary, because people are amazing sometimes. Double AAAGH.

Proof: Calopus the Cobalion, Malin the Uxie, Lyssa (ignore her name, I call her Lyssa) the Venusaur. MY PRECIOUS CHILDREN. ;__;
ZSHaQMJ.gif
vDmNeIH.png
I've got a box or two! The first shiny I caught was an Ursaring! Then a Floatzal the same week!
I've got a box or two! The first shiny I caught was an Ursaring! Then a Floatzal the same week!
hourglass.gifYou'll be okayhourglass.gif
The first shiny I found was a golbat on pokemon pearl. But it was in one of those side quests so it appeared in double battles. It was with a macargo. I will always be disappointed because the macargo used lava plume and burned the golbat to death XD

But in Pokemon Y, I got into EV training and did a bunch of horde battles. I ended up getting two shiny Vanillites less than a month apart XD I traded them off though,,,,

The first shiny I actually tried getting was a Zorua on Omega Ruby. He was on my second encounter and had a good nature with good IVs. After training him up, I got really into competitive battling :D now I have two and a half boxes full of competitive pokemon (((but I only use around half of them XD))

Also,, slightly off topic, but does anyone know a good set to run on Delphox or Kecleon??
The first shiny I found was a golbat on pokemon pearl. But it was in one of those side quests so it appeared in double battles. It was with a macargo. I will always be disappointed because the macargo used lava plume and burned the golbat to death XD

But in Pokemon Y, I got into EV training and did a bunch of horde battles. I ended up getting two shiny Vanillites less than a month apart XD I traded them off though,,,,

The first shiny I actually tried getting was a Zorua on Omega Ruby. He was on my second encounter and had a good nature with good IVs. After training him up, I got really into competitive battling :D now I have two and a half boxes full of competitive pokemon (((but I only use around half of them XD))

Also,, slightly off topic, but does anyone know a good set to run on Delphox or Kecleon??
Josie | He/Him | Nonbinary
looking for Rainbows, Eyeburners, and/or Dragons for Skins!
kwlcS.gif GmOoG.gif
I HAVE TOO MANY. Literally, I have a powersaves and do shiny giveaways on occasion, so my boxes are packed with the dang things and wurmples. so many wurmples.
Although my first ever shiny was a shiny Luvdisc, whiich I GTS traded for a Groudon. A shiny gosh-diddly-dang Groudon.
(Little noobish non-hacking me was ELATED.)

@KokonoseHaruka
For the set thing: Depends what you're trying to do with it! I normally build off of Smogon standard sets and then tailor to my team's needs as I go, depending on what threats I face.
(And unsolicited blathering, if you're running tierless battles Kecleon is generally outclassed by Greninja as a Protean user, but you probs already know that so I'll shush now)
I HAVE TOO MANY. Literally, I have a powersaves and do shiny giveaways on occasion, so my boxes are packed with the dang things and wurmples. so many wurmples.
Although my first ever shiny was a shiny Luvdisc, whiich I GTS traded for a Groudon. A shiny gosh-diddly-dang Groudon.
(Little noobish non-hacking me was ELATED.)

@KokonoseHaruka
For the set thing: Depends what you're trying to do with it! I normally build off of Smogon standard sets and then tailor to my team's needs as I go, depending on what threats I face.
(And unsolicited blathering, if you're running tierless battles Kecleon is generally outclassed by Greninja as a Protean user, but you probs already know that so I'll shush now)
I'm gonna breed change all the deities into Wildclaws.
Looking to buy a 5 digit, btw!
My first shiny was an Aipom in Platinum. I noticed the Aipom I encountered seemed a bit... Pinker then usual? Cue the Aipom sparkling and me screaming. But after that my shiny encounters for the next two years were pretty much non existent with the exception of a MM Cacnea hunt in White. Then my playthrough of Y happened, and I encountered a horde of Geodude with a sparkling nugget right in it.

It fainted from a critical hit of one of the other's moves.

That's when my shiny hunting obsession started. Nearly two years later and now I've got three and a half boxes of shinies, most of which are caught myself. I even found another Geodude, named the good for nothing rock 'Karma' and then boxed it for all of eternity out of bitterness.

My favorite shinies would have to be my legendaries though, I've nearly got a legit shiny with any that can, but there's still a few I've got to SR for on AS. I haven't gotten myself a Deoxys though, but I really want one.
My first shiny was an Aipom in Platinum. I noticed the Aipom I encountered seemed a bit... Pinker then usual? Cue the Aipom sparkling and me screaming. But after that my shiny encounters for the next two years were pretty much non existent with the exception of a MM Cacnea hunt in White. Then my playthrough of Y happened, and I encountered a horde of Geodude with a sparkling nugget right in it.

It fainted from a critical hit of one of the other's moves.

That's when my shiny hunting obsession started. Nearly two years later and now I've got three and a half boxes of shinies, most of which are caught myself. I even found another Geodude, named the good for nothing rock 'Karma' and then boxed it for all of eternity out of bitterness.

My favorite shinies would have to be my legendaries though, I've nearly got a legit shiny with any that can, but there's still a few I've got to SR for on AS. I haven't gotten myself a Deoxys though, but I really want one.
Sit down young ones, and let me tell you a tale of when I was in high school.
The original Silver and Gold had just come out on the Game Boy Color, yes, COLOR! revolutionary! I had saved and bought both, and was immensly happy with the games
Well, I'm in the burned out tower and levelling up when a Koffing appears... and it's BLUE!
I stared at it for 5 minutes before catching it to show my friends. I was confused, why was it blue? why did it sparkle when I released it?
Now this was before shinies were more common, even before most people even KNEW they existed. Nintendo had said nothing of their existence by that point, so people were only speculating on the internet how rare they were.
I beat the game with that little guy.
Since then I've caught a shiny Shuppet and Machop in emerald, a shiny manectric in both sapphire and alpha sapphire, and 3 shiny pumpkaboos
I have got a Latias, Rhyhorn, totodile, and a Regigas from wonder trade.

I did also hatch myself a shiny Koffing in my Y game, in honor of ol' Bluey, who i miss terribly
Sit down young ones, and let me tell you a tale of when I was in high school.
The original Silver and Gold had just come out on the Game Boy Color, yes, COLOR! revolutionary! I had saved and bought both, and was immensly happy with the games
Well, I'm in the burned out tower and levelling up when a Koffing appears... and it's BLUE!
I stared at it for 5 minutes before catching it to show my friends. I was confused, why was it blue? why did it sparkle when I released it?
Now this was before shinies were more common, even before most people even KNEW they existed. Nintendo had said nothing of their existence by that point, so people were only speculating on the internet how rare they were.
I beat the game with that little guy.
Since then I've caught a shiny Shuppet and Machop in emerald, a shiny manectric in both sapphire and alpha sapphire, and 3 shiny pumpkaboos
I have got a Latias, Rhyhorn, totodile, and a Regigas from wonder trade.

I did also hatch myself a shiny Koffing in my Y game, in honor of ol' Bluey, who i miss terribly
S9GIMwM.pngyKp0KRf.png8Wxihjh.gif
@mageoftime
Oooo I sometimes go off of Smogon,, but sometimes I like to try new stuff.
Tbh,, Tyrantrum with Dragon Dance/Fire Fang/Ice Fang/Thunder Fang is actually kinda good. I ran it at a tournament once when I was new to competitive XD it actually turned out better than expected and I think I'll give it a Focus Sash. Sorry for this little ramble
(((Also,, I normally use these pokemon at tournaments that are sometimes hosted at a Best Buy near my house. They go by the Smogon rules but the banned greninja and the rest of the uber tier))

Also I've heard that kecleon can be pretty good under some circumstances???? I'm not sure about it ((I mean it's stats aren't that good. Except for attack and special defense))) but I'm willing to give it a shot???
Also one of my friends gave me a shiny kecleon so there's that too XD
@mageoftime
Oooo I sometimes go off of Smogon,, but sometimes I like to try new stuff.
Tbh,, Tyrantrum with Dragon Dance/Fire Fang/Ice Fang/Thunder Fang is actually kinda good. I ran it at a tournament once when I was new to competitive XD it actually turned out better than expected and I think I'll give it a Focus Sash. Sorry for this little ramble
(((Also,, I normally use these pokemon at tournaments that are sometimes hosted at a Best Buy near my house. They go by the Smogon rules but the banned greninja and the rest of the uber tier))

Also I've heard that kecleon can be pretty good under some circumstances???? I'm not sure about it ((I mean it's stats aren't that good. Except for attack and special defense))) but I'm willing to give it a shot???
Also one of my friends gave me a shiny kecleon so there's that too XD
Josie | He/Him | Nonbinary
looking for Rainbows, Eyeburners, and/or Dragons for Skins!
kwlcS.gif GmOoG.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6