Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Cartoons, anyone?
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
@pawnti I'm currently watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. FMA is one of my favorite manga series, so. I watched a little bit of Deathnote and may go back to watch the rest, but the anime was a little weird for me; I prefer the manga there. I'm also planning on watching Sword Art Online once I finish FMA:B. SAO was originally a novel, not a manga, which I didn't know! But I've read the book and I LOVE it.
There are also a couple that I'm sorta considering maybe eventually, like Gakuen Alice (which I've also read, but may be a little too fluffy for me in anime form) or Angel Beats.
Unfortunately neither of my two current favorite manga series have been made into animes... :( I wanna see a Black Cat or Nightmare Inspector anime!
@pawnti I'm currently watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. FMA is one of my favorite manga series, so. I watched a little bit of Deathnote and may go back to watch the rest, but the anime was a little weird for me; I prefer the manga there. I'm also planning on watching Sword Art Online once I finish FMA:B. SAO was originally a novel, not a manga, which I didn't know! But I've read the book and I LOVE it.
There are also a couple that I'm sorta considering maybe eventually, like Gakuen Alice (which I've also read, but may be a little too fluffy for me in anime form) or Angel Beats.
Unfortunately neither of my two current favorite manga series have been made into animes... :( I wanna see a Black Cat or Nightmare Inspector anime!
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
Cool! I've watched SAO and I'm warning you you now, don't. SAO had so much potential, but.... At least that's was my take on it. If you do end up watching it, don't say I didn't warn you. I've been stuck in the middle of the death note anime for about a year and a half.... I should probably finish it... How's full metal alchemist: brotherhood? I've heard of it, and it sounds interesting... What's it all about? :DD anime!

@leopardmask
Cool! I've watched SAO and I'm warning you you now, don't. SAO had so much potential, but.... At least that's was my take on it. If you do end up watching it, don't say I didn't warn you. I've been stuck in the middle of the death note anime for about a year and a half.... I should probably finish it... How's full metal alchemist: brotherhood? I've heard of it, and it sounds interesting... What's it all about? :DD anime!

@leopardmask
tumblr_inline_njw5jjRGaO1qg2i5p.gifglorious_gladekeeper_by_spacecoboye-d8q09g7.png tumblr_inline_njw5jjRGaO1qg2i5p.gif
@pawnti Do you know anything about the manga? There are like 3 FMA anime series and Brotherhood follows the manga most closely. FMA is about these two... I guess they're basically kids at the beginning. Their mother died at some point in the past, as they were learning alchemy. They were so distraught that they tried to use that alchemy to bring her back from the dead. Which is expressly forbidden and also takes a terrible toll from whoever tries it. The main character, Edward, loses his leg to the transmutation and his brother loses his entire body, then Ed gives up his arm too to bring his brother's soul back. There's this whole invention called automail that's basically bionic limbs made of metal, so Ed has those, hence the name of the series. It's pretty funny when an enemy doesn't know and tries to slice his arm or something and it just goes CLANK XD He can also do this mini-transmutation thing to reshape part of his automail arm into a blade that comes out the back of his hand. He's basically an alchemy genius, he's like 16 and better than most of the other alchemists in the series.
Oh, and that's just the backstory. The PLOT involves the two trying to get their original bodies back at first, and then turns into them uncovering this huge conspiracy involving the entire history of the country and neighboring countries, and I'm on episode 50-something and it's gotten inTENSE. I wanna say more but I'd be giving away a bunch of spoilers basically no matter what I say...
@pawnti Do you know anything about the manga? There are like 3 FMA anime series and Brotherhood follows the manga most closely. FMA is about these two... I guess they're basically kids at the beginning. Their mother died at some point in the past, as they were learning alchemy. They were so distraught that they tried to use that alchemy to bring her back from the dead. Which is expressly forbidden and also takes a terrible toll from whoever tries it. The main character, Edward, loses his leg to the transmutation and his brother loses his entire body, then Ed gives up his arm too to bring his brother's soul back. There's this whole invention called automail that's basically bionic limbs made of metal, so Ed has those, hence the name of the series. It's pretty funny when an enemy doesn't know and tries to slice his arm or something and it just goes CLANK XD He can also do this mini-transmutation thing to reshape part of his automail arm into a blade that comes out the back of his hand. He's basically an alchemy genius, he's like 16 and better than most of the other alchemists in the series.
Oh, and that's just the backstory. The PLOT involves the two trying to get their original bodies back at first, and then turns into them uncovering this huge conspiracy involving the entire history of the country and neighboring countries, and I'm on episode 50-something and it's gotten inTENSE. I wanna say more but I'd be giving away a bunch of spoilers basically no matter what I say...
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
I LOVE ANIME I LOVE CARTOONS I LOVE A TON OF ANIMATED SHOWS BECAUSE THEY MAKE ME HAPPY LIKE MOTHER HECKIN' HECK
I LOVE ANIME I LOVE CARTOONS I LOVE A TON OF ANIMATED SHOWS BECAUSE THEY MAKE ME HAPPY LIKE MOTHER HECKIN' HECK
she/her, +3 FR Time
@pawnti
Aww, thank you! You feel free to do the same, I'd love to be friends. ^.^ Do you have a Skype? And you're welcome, it's true! :D
@pawnti
Aww, thank you! You feel free to do the same, I'd love to be friends. ^.^ Do you have a Skype? And you're welcome, it's true! :D
mommabanner_by_leikatay-d8r9d9h.gif
:D I'd love to be friends too! Sadly I don't have a skype, but I'd still love to chat!! And Thank you!!
I hope we do become good friends! :DD @cassafrasspie
:D I'd love to be friends too! Sadly I don't have a skype, but I'd still love to chat!! And Thank you!!
I hope we do become good friends! :DD @cassafrasspie
tumblr_inline_njw5jjRGaO1qg2i5p.gifglorious_gladekeeper_by_spacecoboye-d8q09g7.png tumblr_inline_njw5jjRGaO1qg2i5p.gif
Well then you're in the right place! :) WELCOME!
@interrodang
Well then you're in the right place! :) WELCOME!
@interrodang
@pawnti
Yay!! I'll message you, haha. Thanks, me too~! >w< Oh, and that's cool. c:
@pawnti
Yay!! I'll message you, haha. Thanks, me too~! >w< Oh, and that's cool. c:
mommabanner_by_leikatay-d8r9d9h.gif

@pawnti
Watched the other 3 episodes of lltr . How I said the first wants so good?
The others were! Especially #4/final aaah

@pawnti
Watched the other 3 episodes of lltr . How I said the first wants so good?
The others were! Especially #4/final aaah
T3TuubO.png
Thanks for the update! And yeah. And good to hear! I'm still looking forward to being able to watch!
@dragoncrystal
Thanks for the update! And yeah. And good to hear! I'm still looking forward to being able to watch!
@dragoncrystal
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12