Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Fricking cryptids and mythical creatures
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15 16
@Corr I'm a sucker for anything mythical/and or cryptid! I really feel ya
@Corr I'm a sucker for anything mythical/and or cryptid! I really feel ya
@Corr

No. Never. Just being near it makes my hair stand up and skin crawl. My mother's friend lived in it though when they were in elementary school. Her parents moved out after the activity got real aggressive to the point that she was thrown out of her bed in the middle of the night. Broke her arm. My mom said things would constantly be moved or knocked off of shelves there.

Wanna know the kicker?

My middle school was built next to it. So when the school buses were parked, they were directly next to the house. I wasn't the only kid in school that swore to seeing someone looking out of the windows.
@Corr

No. Never. Just being near it makes my hair stand up and skin crawl. My mother's friend lived in it though when they were in elementary school. Her parents moved out after the activity got real aggressive to the point that she was thrown out of her bed in the middle of the night. Broke her arm. My mom said things would constantly be moved or knocked off of shelves there.

Wanna know the kicker?

My middle school was built next to it. So when the school buses were parked, they were directly next to the house. I wasn't the only kid in school that swore to seeing someone looking out of the windows.
21943b9b-9116-42fa-89ca-4b0f20e13d6c_zpsygqi5how.pngb7a94177-80ba-4a4a-9219-baa4dc50402c_zpsops6uy9s.png0f09e355-8f71-428d-a61b-56e21a19a8fe_zpsskvex8we.pngd86c9351-51a4-4512-a597-e627f31cfedc_zpssbudhun4.png
@VIII You've come to the right place my friend

@Xristo

Whoa, that's ******* terrifying, someone tear the house down or have those ghost adventures guys go in there lmao, they're hilarious and would love to see that
@VIII You've come to the right place my friend

@Xristo

Whoa, that's ******* terrifying, someone tear the house down or have those ghost adventures guys go in there lmao, they're hilarious and would love to see that
tumblr_inline_njw5izoAKY1qg2i5p.giftumblr_inline_njw5ja1AaE1qg2i5p.gif The quest for G1 Primal Flight Representatives vJmv4.gif
Not really a cryptid, but I get wierd dreams that involve magnetism/telepathy. Ive had em a few, maybe 3-5 times. The last one I had was of me sitting at school at feeling a wierd pulling in me, and then having a hardback book just float up to the ceiling and scratch a circle above my head. The only reason other than the pulling that I associate it with magnets is because my teaccher noticed in the dream that it was on the ceiling and said something about magnetic poles? I'd pass it off as a wierd dream but I get a massive sense of Deja vu from it. O-o It wasnt really spooky so much as it was thought-provoking.

Anyone else get wierd dreams or hallucinations? Maybe hear of some creatures that are associated with nightmares? c:
Not really a cryptid, but I get wierd dreams that involve magnetism/telepathy. Ive had em a few, maybe 3-5 times. The last one I had was of me sitting at school at feeling a wierd pulling in me, and then having a hardback book just float up to the ceiling and scratch a circle above my head. The only reason other than the pulling that I associate it with magnets is because my teaccher noticed in the dream that it was on the ceiling and said something about magnetic poles? I'd pass it off as a wierd dream but I get a massive sense of Deja vu from it. O-o It wasnt really spooky so much as it was thought-provoking.

Anyone else get wierd dreams or hallucinations? Maybe hear of some creatures that are associated with nightmares? c:
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/adopt/1351978/1
i llove cryptids and the paranormal and aliens!! ive been to the international museum of cryptozoology and there were jersey devil hoofprints and one of the original films of the patterson film,, along with a ton of bigfoot footprints!!! there was a lot more but those were my fav things!! my fav cryptids would have to be the jersey devil, mothman, the wendigo, the dover demon, and basically all of the ones i hav heard of,, i love cryptids so so much!!!! i have an encyclopedia pf cryptozoology 0':
i llove cryptids and the paranormal and aliens!! ive been to the international museum of cryptozoology and there were jersey devil hoofprints and one of the original films of the patterson film,, along with a ton of bigfoot footprints!!! there was a lot more but those were my fav things!! my fav cryptids would have to be the jersey devil, mothman, the wendigo, the dover demon, and basically all of the ones i hav heard of,, i love cryptids so so much!!!! i have an encyclopedia pf cryptozoology 0':
@Corr

I had this terrifying encounter when I was like seven.

I was playing in the little blow-up pool in my backyard and all of a sudden I get this freezing chill up my spine (definitely not the water, the water was warm) and I hear someone whisper "August" in my ear (that's my name) I was totally freaked out, and it sounded like my mom, so I went inside and asked if my mom had said anything, and she said no, she hadn't even been outside. I said okay and she told me to just go back and play outside but I just kinda went "nope" and marched upstairs to dry myself off. To this day, I have nightmares about it.
@Corr

I had this terrifying encounter when I was like seven.

I was playing in the little blow-up pool in my backyard and all of a sudden I get this freezing chill up my spine (definitely not the water, the water was warm) and I hear someone whisper "August" in my ear (that's my name) I was totally freaked out, and it sounded like my mom, so I went inside and asked if my mom had said anything, and she said no, she hadn't even been outside. I said okay and she told me to just go back and play outside but I just kinda went "nope" and marched upstairs to dry myself off. To this day, I have nightmares about it.
signature1_by_sketchyhaze-d9jlqrg.png
signature2_by_sketchyhaze-d9jlwd2.png
signature_by_sketchyhaze-d9jlqgj.jpg
@Corr

Omg.... I LOVE the Ghost Adventures guys! >w< They aren't like other shows that can easily look like BS or heavily unprofessional but still be silly and have fun with their work. :)

And for your question. There are entities called Nightmares, ironically. They go by other names too. They are depicted in old art as creatures that sit on a person's chest while they sleep. They sit like this because they are trying to suffocated their victim. It's what people believed to cause sleep paralysis. During these attacks, they cause horrific nightmares. In some cultures, it's believed that if you die during a nightmare caused by one that you'll also die in real life.

A picture of one. The Nightmare by John Henry:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/56/John_Henry_Fuseli_-_The_Nightmare.JPG/1024px-John_Henry_Fuseli_-_The_Nightmare.JPG

As for personal experience with any dreams. I get weird dreams ALL the time. Some that make no sense at all and some terrifying.
@Corr

Omg.... I LOVE the Ghost Adventures guys! >w< They aren't like other shows that can easily look like BS or heavily unprofessional but still be silly and have fun with their work. :)

And for your question. There are entities called Nightmares, ironically. They go by other names too. They are depicted in old art as creatures that sit on a person's chest while they sleep. They sit like this because they are trying to suffocated their victim. It's what people believed to cause sleep paralysis. During these attacks, they cause horrific nightmares. In some cultures, it's believed that if you die during a nightmare caused by one that you'll also die in real life.

A picture of one. The Nightmare by John Henry:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/56/John_Henry_Fuseli_-_The_Nightmare.JPG/1024px-John_Henry_Fuseli_-_The_Nightmare.JPG

As for personal experience with any dreams. I get weird dreams ALL the time. Some that make no sense at all and some terrifying.
21943b9b-9116-42fa-89ca-4b0f20e13d6c_zpsygqi5how.pngb7a94177-80ba-4a4a-9219-baa4dc50402c_zpsops6uy9s.png0f09e355-8f71-428d-a61b-56e21a19a8fe_zpsskvex8we.pngd86c9351-51a4-4512-a597-e627f31cfedc_zpssbudhun4.png
[quote name="ghostmorning" date=2015-08-10 17:50:27] The Fresno Nightcrawlers... even if that video is faked the way that they move is so creepy [/quote] @ghostmorning that video gives me the heeblie jeeblies
ghostmorning wrote on 2015-08-10:
The Fresno Nightcrawlers... even if that video is faked the way that they move is so creepy

@ghostmorning that video gives me the heeblie jeeblies
Woo yay being new here. So I used to live in a place surrounded by abandoned houses. They were all in terrible shape but not quite falling down. The one across and to the left of us was full of weird stuff I used to forage through all the time. The second to last time I went in I had this bad feeling the whole way up to the side door, which you had to use since the front porch had collapsed. I stepped into the sinking kitchen and went to turn into a weird little den area to the left and I swear to all there was a dead human being wrapped in a huge white sheet curled up on the floor. After much staring it changed to looking like a normal rumpled sheet but I know what I saw. Ever flee a situation so fast you blink and are suddenly on the other side of a neighborhood? Its fun.

A friend and I went back a month or so later. No dead people. But a radio buried in a box of old post cards did randomly turn on and start playing white noise. Yeeeeaaaah. All of those houses had ghost stories. But that was the only one I experienced anything in.
Woo yay being new here. So I used to live in a place surrounded by abandoned houses. They were all in terrible shape but not quite falling down. The one across and to the left of us was full of weird stuff I used to forage through all the time. The second to last time I went in I had this bad feeling the whole way up to the side door, which you had to use since the front porch had collapsed. I stepped into the sinking kitchen and went to turn into a weird little den area to the left and I swear to all there was a dead human being wrapped in a huge white sheet curled up on the floor. After much staring it changed to looking like a normal rumpled sheet but I know what I saw. Ever flee a situation so fast you blink and are suddenly on the other side of a neighborhood? Its fun.

A friend and I went back a month or so later. No dead people. But a radio buried in a box of old post cards did randomly turn on and start playing white noise. Yeeeeaaaah. All of those houses had ghost stories. But that was the only one I experienced anything in.
Oops i went camping for 2 days and everything has exploded lmao

@madokats Whoa, i'd love to visit that museum, and you're so lucky where'd you buy that encyclopedia

@DarkeningDawn Holy **** that is pretty scary, I wouldn't go near my pool ever again lmao, is your house old or something? Done any research on it or?

@Xristo
Oh my god, I got sleep paralysis anytime I sleep on my back so no never sleep on my back, sleep paralysis is the most terrifying thing ever, you cant move and you see **** and its dark as balls, Imagine though if you saw on of those monstrous things sitting on your chest, someone comes into the room to see it as well and horror movie cliches

@Copalli
Why are you there in the first place?! That place must of been terrifying to be around but holy crap, I sorta wanna visit that place now as well lmao
Oops i went camping for 2 days and everything has exploded lmao

@madokats Whoa, i'd love to visit that museum, and you're so lucky where'd you buy that encyclopedia

@DarkeningDawn Holy **** that is pretty scary, I wouldn't go near my pool ever again lmao, is your house old or something? Done any research on it or?

@Xristo
Oh my god, I got sleep paralysis anytime I sleep on my back so no never sleep on my back, sleep paralysis is the most terrifying thing ever, you cant move and you see **** and its dark as balls, Imagine though if you saw on of those monstrous things sitting on your chest, someone comes into the room to see it as well and horror movie cliches

@Copalli
Why are you there in the first place?! That place must of been terrifying to be around but holy crap, I sorta wanna visit that place now as well lmao
tumblr_inline_njw5izoAKY1qg2i5p.giftumblr_inline_njw5ja1AaE1qg2i5p.gif The quest for G1 Primal Flight Representatives vJmv4.gif
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15 16