Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What did you do when you were little?
1 2 3 4 5
[img]http://41.media.tumblr.com/35a9064437258cf8529e15d76d33fd84/tumblr_n2rc2snBTF1tok0u0o1_400.jpg[/img] Actual picture of toddler rako pretending to be a witch flying around on a broom. This was one of my favourite childhood things. As an Asperger, I would easily get obsessed over things. When my Dad got a PSX for me and my brother, we got Spyro: Ripto's Rage included in the starter pack and I got simply INSANE about Spyro. I actually pretended to be a dragon by running around and [i]flying[/i] by flapping my hands. I was a bullied child and had no friends, plus we used to be a rather low income family so I had little actual toys. Both of these things merged into a community of plasticine critters I made. I would spend hours playing with them, coming up with universes, story arcs and canons. I tended to them as if they were [i]actual pets[/i]. Plasticine would get soft and sticky on hot days, so I always remembered about giving my ''friends'' a cold water dip so they don't get out of shape. These were ''the pool days''. A moment one of them would get accidentally plastered into a carpet or perish in some other way was an actual day of mourning for the critter community, ha ha.
tumblr_n2rc2snBTF1tok0u0o1_400.jpg

Actual picture of toddler rako pretending to be a witch flying around on a broom. This was one of my favourite childhood things.

As an Asperger, I would easily get obsessed over things. When my Dad got a PSX for me and my brother, we got Spyro: Ripto's Rage included in the starter pack and I got simply INSANE about Spyro. I actually pretended to be a dragon by running around and flying by flapping my hands.

I was a bullied child and had no friends, plus we used to be a rather low income family so I had little actual toys. Both of these things merged into a community of plasticine critters I made. I would spend hours playing with them, coming up with universes, story arcs and canons. I tended to them as if they were actual pets. Plasticine would get soft and sticky on hot days, so I always remembered about giving my ''friends'' a cold water dip so they don't get out of shape. These were ''the pool days''.

A moment one of them would get accidentally plastered into a carpet or perish in some other way was an actual day of mourning for the critter community, ha ha.
hP3vDfK.gif
Oh dear Shadowbinder I could go on for a few days about stuff I did when I was little.

I really enjoyed Lion King 1 and 2 and would play in the backyard pretending that I was messenger for the Pridelands, and I would sing ‘Morning Report’ to Simba and Kovu. Funny nowadays because I hate that song.

Another funny Lion King thing; I remember playing pretend in my room one time that I was the daughter of Scar and wanted revenge on Simba after the events of the movie, and I overthrew him and ruled the Pridelands.

Another thing I did was that I had a bunch of Little Pet Shop toys in a dollhouse and I made up the story that a husky LPS took in lost and abandoned animals and the house was the home where they stayed and eventually my dollhouse was filled with LPS toys I made up personalities, stories, and names for every single one. I think for Christmas one year I go a big LPS playset that was a big house for all the pets, and I set up a table in the kitchen for a while where I would watch Brother Bear 2 and play LPS for a few days after Christmas.

@couchprincess
@DinoboxN7

OH DEAR LORD BAKUGAN WAS MY CHILDHOOD.

I remember at one point I was pretty sure that my Bakugan were alive. Like, I would really talk to them and stuff. For one Halloween I even dressed up as a Bakugan brawler and carried around my ‘Guardian Bakugan’, Ventus Wayvern, on my shoulder the whole night. I even remember crying and getting really upset when my Wayvern was stepped on and some gear in her neck broke so it was limp. I actually still have all my Bakugan and I keep my Wayvern on my bedside table, and I get stressed if I can’t find her.

On another Bakugan related note, I was pretty in love with Shun from the anime and I would imagine scenarios where we would go on adventures and brawl together and just generally be awesome.
Oh dear Shadowbinder I could go on for a few days about stuff I did when I was little.

I really enjoyed Lion King 1 and 2 and would play in the backyard pretending that I was messenger for the Pridelands, and I would sing ‘Morning Report’ to Simba and Kovu. Funny nowadays because I hate that song.

Another funny Lion King thing; I remember playing pretend in my room one time that I was the daughter of Scar and wanted revenge on Simba after the events of the movie, and I overthrew him and ruled the Pridelands.

Another thing I did was that I had a bunch of Little Pet Shop toys in a dollhouse and I made up the story that a husky LPS took in lost and abandoned animals and the house was the home where they stayed and eventually my dollhouse was filled with LPS toys I made up personalities, stories, and names for every single one. I think for Christmas one year I go a big LPS playset that was a big house for all the pets, and I set up a table in the kitchen for a while where I would watch Brother Bear 2 and play LPS for a few days after Christmas.

@couchprincess
@DinoboxN7

OH DEAR LORD BAKUGAN WAS MY CHILDHOOD.

I remember at one point I was pretty sure that my Bakugan were alive. Like, I would really talk to them and stuff. For one Halloween I even dressed up as a Bakugan brawler and carried around my ‘Guardian Bakugan’, Ventus Wayvern, on my shoulder the whole night. I even remember crying and getting really upset when my Wayvern was stepped on and some gear in her neck broke so it was limp. I actually still have all my Bakugan and I keep my Wayvern on my bedside table, and I get stressed if I can’t find her.

On another Bakugan related note, I was pretty in love with Shun from the anime and I would imagine scenarios where we would go on adventures and brawl together and just generally be awesome.
-woody
-she/her
-very bisexual
-type 1 diabetic
-dragon sales
-coli grinding
0a336a4f9a312bb09aa01acd45192ada8875c8ea.png shadow.gif
My friends and I basically did the equivalent of real-life roleplaying as a kid. One of my best friends and I would walk around at recess and make up stuff-like, one time we pretended to take care of mythical animals.

Ahh, good times.
My friends and I basically did the equivalent of real-life roleplaying as a kid. One of my best friends and I would walk around at recess and make up stuff-like, one time we pretended to take care of mythical animals.

Ahh, good times.
qvTNuJR.pnglogo16_zps302d6ac7.png Utter Phasma Trash
During recess in 2nd or 3rd grade, my friend group had some really weird LARPing game that we would play. Each of us had a super power, and were on teams. There was this really complex plot to the game, but I'll shorten it to what I can remember.

1. A magical artifact grants the user infinite power/steal powers
2. The two teams fight over it

I had forcefield powers. My friend had electricity powers. Some kid had poison powers. Man, life was magical then.
During recess in 2nd or 3rd grade, my friend group had some really weird LARPing game that we would play. Each of us had a super power, and were on teams. There was this really complex plot to the game, but I'll shorten it to what I can remember.

1. A magical artifact grants the user infinite power/steal powers
2. The two teams fight over it

I had forcefield powers. My friend had electricity powers. Some kid had poison powers. Man, life was magical then.
tumblr_nvdcwmZRUQ1uxrs0vo1_100.png
the only stupid thing i remember doing was when we did p.e i'd do the naruto/sonic run thinking itd make me go faster
the only stupid thing i remember doing was when we did p.e i'd do the naruto/sonic run thinking itd make me go faster
k2pEFmO.png
There was much imagination.

There was this, like entire world of stuffed cats (I still have almost all of them) with kids and heroes and quests and almost everything. The queen was this cat called Snowball, the king was Mumu, and the princess was Marie, who was orange. She was abducted by pirates and loved Popoki, who died saving Marie from bad guys (actually, I lost Popoki at the beach, but dying in battle is much more heroic). The pirates were three cats called Smoky (gray), Poinsettia (orange, actually a boy), and Calico (tortoiseshell). They actually turned out to be good guys, and tried to save Marie from the bad guys.

Also, there was a world of dragons. It was called Dragonland. The king was a blue dinosaur and there was also a triceratops, and a golden dragon called Elder Scales. There where several unnamed red hatchlings, and Dragonland was comprised of an empty shelf in my sister's closet, where we had drawn designs of lava and rocks.

There was also a world where my sister and I were brave explorers and spies. The treacherous mountains was the swing set, the "Zero Gravity Plains" was the trampoline, and the fierce undiscovered territory that we must explore was the denser parts of our yard (you're talking two acres of thick, tropical plants, buddy) and the neighbor's yard. Behind our playhouse was a thick, hedge-like fence of hibiscus bushes, behind which was a large, dense field of overgrown grass that connected to several yards. For one of our reoccurring "missions", we must sneak across the field without any neighbor seeing us.

Yeah, fun days.
There was much imagination.

There was this, like entire world of stuffed cats (I still have almost all of them) with kids and heroes and quests and almost everything. The queen was this cat called Snowball, the king was Mumu, and the princess was Marie, who was orange. She was abducted by pirates and loved Popoki, who died saving Marie from bad guys (actually, I lost Popoki at the beach, but dying in battle is much more heroic). The pirates were three cats called Smoky (gray), Poinsettia (orange, actually a boy), and Calico (tortoiseshell). They actually turned out to be good guys, and tried to save Marie from the bad guys.

Also, there was a world of dragons. It was called Dragonland. The king was a blue dinosaur and there was also a triceratops, and a golden dragon called Elder Scales. There where several unnamed red hatchlings, and Dragonland was comprised of an empty shelf in my sister's closet, where we had drawn designs of lava and rocks.

There was also a world where my sister and I were brave explorers and spies. The treacherous mountains was the swing set, the "Zero Gravity Plains" was the trampoline, and the fierce undiscovered territory that we must explore was the denser parts of our yard (you're talking two acres of thick, tropical plants, buddy) and the neighbor's yard. Behind our playhouse was a thick, hedge-like fence of hibiscus bushes, behind which was a large, dense field of overgrown grass that connected to several yards. For one of our reoccurring "missions", we must sneak across the field without any neighbor seeing us.

Yeah, fun days.
olly / 15
Well growing up I thought all my stuffed animals were alive. (Thanks Toy Story) So every night I would sleep with a different one so they wouldn't get jealous. :P

Well growing up I thought all my stuffed animals were alive. (Thanks Toy Story) So every night I would sleep with a different one so they wouldn't get jealous. :P

Currently trading FR Items for Animal Jam items
i played with stuffed animals and then on webkinz when it came around
i played with stuffed animals and then on webkinz when it came around
~~~~~~~
my naym is eef
and wen its day
and wen the ywen
is gonne awaye
and all the cats
hav gonn desyrt
i lye on ground
i eet the dirt
~ a vertical line that looks like the side of a speech bubblea pixel of a stone/beige/brown tundra wearing dark cloth and various jewelry ~~check out my code shop!
On the playground my friends and I ran around as pokemon. I was Ninetails. My best friend was Pikachu, a boy was always Squirtle, and a girl who loved horses was Rapidash.

My Barbies were not Barbies. They were vampires who would hunt Barbies... I don't know why I did that or where I got the idea from. My mom thought it was strange, but didn't tell me so until years later. Thank you, mom, for not making me feel bad about my imagination at the time, lol.

So many blanket forts.

A friend and I would pretend to be cats, and would carry plush cats around by the "scruff" of their necks while crawling around on all fours like mama cats do.

I wrote elaborate plots for video games I intended to make when I was older. That didn't work out so much.
On the playground my friends and I ran around as pokemon. I was Ninetails. My best friend was Pikachu, a boy was always Squirtle, and a girl who loved horses was Rapidash.

My Barbies were not Barbies. They were vampires who would hunt Barbies... I don't know why I did that or where I got the idea from. My mom thought it was strange, but didn't tell me so until years later. Thank you, mom, for not making me feel bad about my imagination at the time, lol.

So many blanket forts.

A friend and I would pretend to be cats, and would carry plush cats around by the "scruff" of their necks while crawling around on all fours like mama cats do.

I wrote elaborate plots for video games I intended to make when I was older. That didn't work out so much.
DuLvCwY.png
all i remember doing from that time was playing videogames with my dad.
then again, it's been about 11 years since i last saw my dad, and i'm talking about memories from 1998. soooooo yeah.
all i remember doing from that time was playing videogames with my dad.
then again, it's been about 11 years since i last saw my dad, and i'm talking about memories from 1998. soooooo yeah.
1 2 3 4 5