Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | [MH] Monster Hunter Hub // Generations!
1 2 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 42 43
Personally, I do NOT want to get the new MH game until the ultimate version comes out. Besides, have any non-Ultimate variants of MH had G-rank? With my first game being MH3 and MH4U being my second, I don't know firsthand if that's the case or not.
Personally, I do NOT want to get the new MH game until the ultimate version comes out. Besides, have any non-Ultimate variants of MH had G-rank? With my first game being MH3 and MH4U being my second, I don't know firsthand if that's the case or not.
@NormanBabcock I know this is a 4U hangout but for beginners I'd probably recommend 3U for the 3DS titles. I've found it to be significantly easier, to the point where I almost never cart and when I do its because I rolled the wrong way or had bad timing for potion use. Cha Cha and Kayamba are lifesavers in that game despite them being rather annoying with the whole 'minion' thing. They can give you the equivalent of a Max Potion's worth of health as long as they're allowed to finish the dance.

On top of that, some of the weapons are stronger in 3U and some monsters act a bit differently than in 4U. Example: I've found that Azure Rathalos does his super kick (the one with deadly accuracy for those who fought him in 4U) a LOT less in the older of the two games.
@NormanBabcock I know this is a 4U hangout but for beginners I'd probably recommend 3U for the 3DS titles. I've found it to be significantly easier, to the point where I almost never cart and when I do its because I rolled the wrong way or had bad timing for potion use. Cha Cha and Kayamba are lifesavers in that game despite them being rather annoying with the whole 'minion' thing. They can give you the equivalent of a Max Potion's worth of health as long as they're allowed to finish the dance.

On top of that, some of the weapons are stronger in 3U and some monsters act a bit differently than in 4U. Example: I've found that Azure Rathalos does his super kick (the one with deadly accuracy for those who fought him in 4U) a LOT less in the older of the two games.
.gif2015_10_25_commission_nom_nom_worm.pngDvqFBqS.gif.gif.gif
@Dodongo The Brachydios weapons were really broken in 3U. They would do a blast attack every 3 hits, making battles very easy! Brachy weapons had to be nerfed for 4U, as they were too powerful in 3U. Also, I just had to show this off [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21527209] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/215273/21527209_350.png[/img] [/url] it's supposed to be a Heavy Snow Lord Lagombi. :)
@Dodongo The Brachydios weapons were really broken in 3U. They would do a blast attack every 3 hits, making battles very easy!
Brachy weapons had to be nerfed for 4U, as they were too powerful in 3U.

Also, I just had to show this off

21527209_350.png

it's supposed to be a Heavy Snow Lord Lagombi. :)
frsig_by_shadria_anarchy-dc719i3.png
@Shadria Ah yeah I came to rely on my Dios Tailhammer+ too much. I have the Ice Barroth hammer as well, but now I'm using an Anvil Hammer instead of my Brachy hammer. Same attack, no element/blight damage whatsoever. Though honestly it was surprisingly easy for me even before I unlocked slime weapons.

And that's cool! I'm planning dragons based on Rathian and Rathalos as well as Teostra, maybe Dalamadur.
@Shadria Ah yeah I came to rely on my Dios Tailhammer+ too much. I have the Ice Barroth hammer as well, but now I'm using an Anvil Hammer instead of my Brachy hammer. Same attack, no element/blight damage whatsoever. Though honestly it was surprisingly easy for me even before I unlocked slime weapons.

And that's cool! I'm planning dragons based on Rathian and Rathalos as well as Teostra, maybe Dalamadur.
.gif2015_10_25_commission_nom_nom_worm.pngDvqFBqS.gif.gif.gif
@Kintsy
I will be adding myself in a moment! :) I've been doing nothing but helping low ranked people get to G rank lately. But oh my gods, are you excited for MHX...oh whoops. Generations?
@Kintsy
I will be adding myself in a moment! :) I've been doing nothing but helping low ranked people get to G rank lately. But oh my gods, are you excited for MHX...oh whoops. Generations?
XHxgasI.gif
@TimeShadow Yup! It'll be nice to have a more relaxed MH game for sure :) the nostalgia is real lol
@TimeShadow Yup! It'll be nice to have a more relaxed MH game for sure :) the nostalgia is real lol
FMjef-VTXw-AIA-41.png
I defeated Shagaru Magala, I'm HR 7, and I'm very close to my dream armor and weapons. Just 5 more vials of Elder Dragon Blood and the Teostra armor will be mine. Dios Tailhammer+ and Demolition Chime (4-3 more upgrades for both to Lightbreak) are my mains.

However I'm having issues with my internet connection. Like really bad issues-I often can't even finish a mission without it disconnecting.
I defeated Shagaru Magala, I'm HR 7, and I'm very close to my dream armor and weapons. Just 5 more vials of Elder Dragon Blood and the Teostra armor will be mine. Dios Tailhammer+ and Demolition Chime (4-3 more upgrades for both to Lightbreak) are my mains.

However I'm having issues with my internet connection. Like really bad issues-I often can't even finish a mission without it disconnecting.
frsig_by_shadria_anarchy-dc719i3.png
I am in desperate need of help slaying Dalamadur. I'm not too available until Saturday (or Friday FR time). But I think I am not alone when I say "I have had enough of Dalamadur".
After some research, players are saying to use the slow but powerful weapons such as GS, but I never got the hand of using them, instead using IG or DB. I understand his attack pattern, where to attack and how to dive, but I seem to run out of time or simply ragequit.

If anyone would be kind enough to help me, I will be hosting a hall at around 11:00am (AEST) Saturday, and try my best to not get carted along the way. I'll post the hall ID (maybe passcode if I think about it) when ready.

EPIC EDIT: Dalamadur is now defeated, via solo. He was slain with my faithful Dual Blades. Now, onto Ukanlos!
I am in desperate need of help slaying Dalamadur. I'm not too available until Saturday (or Friday FR time). But I think I am not alone when I say "I have had enough of Dalamadur".
After some research, players are saying to use the slow but powerful weapons such as GS, but I never got the hand of using them, instead using IG or DB. I understand his attack pattern, where to attack and how to dive, but I seem to run out of time or simply ragequit.

If anyone would be kind enough to help me, I will be hosting a hall at around 11:00am (AEST) Saturday, and try my best to not get carted along the way. I'll post the hall ID (maybe passcode if I think about it) when ready.

EPIC EDIT: Dalamadur is now defeated, via solo. He was slain with my faithful Dual Blades. Now, onto Ukanlos!
@Kintsy just added myself to the spreadsheet :)
majorly hyped for MHX (Generations) to come out over here!
@Kintsy just added myself to the spreadsheet :)
majorly hyped for MHX (Generations) to come out over here!
tumblr_inline_njviwbRuik1qg2i5p.pngApril14.png
@ToastedRoaches Wonderful! Me too :) this game is like Pokémon for me, I won't miss a release lol
@ToastedRoaches Wonderful! Me too :) this game is like Pokémon for me, I won't miss a release lol
FMjef-VTXw-AIA-41.png
1 2 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 42 43