Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | [MH] Monster Hunter Hub // Generations!
I'm about to fight a Nerscylla, and a Gore Magala after that. I'm going to wait till I complete my Gore Magala armor (just needing the Gore Faulds (come on, just one more shell!)) and upgrade to a Striped Gong (just need some more Tigrex mats)
I'm now HR 4 and can participate in High Rank missions (although I'm either running in stupidly or my defense is crap cause I keep getting carted off way too fast..)
My weapons of choice are Red Bludgeon and Native Horn (soon to be Striped Gong), and my Main Palico (while still under Leadership Forte) has Demon Horn and Armor Horn (I only have one healing Palico atm) and am currently subbing a Fighting Forte Palico (Oliver from the Downloaded Palicos, I don't have any real wild palicos yet) although I can easily shift over to Pink Pal if healing is highly suggested.
and well..
1. What should I pack and use against Nersyclla? I know its weak to Fire, thus I'm bringing Red Bludgeon (which is of the fire elemental type) and Gore armor (I heard it's supposed to strengthen hammer attacks?) But anything else of use?
2. Gore Magala is a beast, so I'm quite frankly nervous about this battle. I certainly know to stock up on Nulberries to help against the Frenzy, but its roar is a big issue with me. So I'm wondering about HG Earplugs (is it something I can not get yet? if so I understand)..that and anything else that may help against this young Elder Dragon.
I'm about to fight a Nerscylla, and a Gore Magala after that. I'm going to wait till I complete my Gore Magala armor (just needing the Gore Faulds (come on, just one more shell!)) and upgrade to a Striped Gong (just need some more Tigrex mats)
I'm now HR 4 and can participate in High Rank missions (although I'm either running in stupidly or my defense is crap cause I keep getting carted off way too fast..)
My weapons of choice are Red Bludgeon and Native Horn (soon to be Striped Gong), and my Main Palico (while still under Leadership Forte) has Demon Horn and Armor Horn (I only have one healing Palico atm) and am currently subbing a Fighting Forte Palico (Oliver from the Downloaded Palicos, I don't have any real wild palicos yet) although I can easily shift over to Pink Pal if healing is highly suggested.
and well..
1. What should I pack and use against Nersyclla? I know its weak to Fire, thus I'm bringing Red Bludgeon (which is of the fire elemental type) and Gore armor (I heard it's supposed to strengthen hammer attacks?) But anything else of use?
2. Gore Magala is a beast, so I'm quite frankly nervous about this battle. I certainly know to stock up on Nulberries to help against the Frenzy, but its roar is a big issue with me. So I'm wondering about HG Earplugs (is it something I can not get yet? if so I understand)..that and anything else that may help against this young Elder Dragon.
frsig_by_shadria_anarchy-dc719i3.png
@Shadria

Hey! I'm not an expert on fighting Nerscylla (only fought it a handful of times to increase HR), but from what i remember it wasn't too hard :) Just bring antidotes and maybe a cleanser and you should be fine! (I didn't even bother too much with weapon elements tbh XD). If you're having trouble with the sleeping attack; occasionally when you eat, you gain a skill called felyne insomniac (It's a random skill however, so it doesn't always appear). This makes you immune to sleep so pick a food that gives you this if you can :) If not i always go with felyne defender and riser (Fish and a grain steamed or fried)! They're quite useful for most monsters.

The roar for gore is a pain, but i'm pretty sure you can only get HG ear plugs in late high rank (I remember azure rath gear having them?) Just remember to stay either under its hind legs or next to them. Don't feel the need to attack the head / horns when it's enraged, you're best off waiting until its stunned or toppled.

Also never be afraid to go online and work in groups if you can :) it makes quests so much easier, especially later on in the game. So getting used to it early on is a huge help!
@Shadria

Hey! I'm not an expert on fighting Nerscylla (only fought it a handful of times to increase HR), but from what i remember it wasn't too hard :) Just bring antidotes and maybe a cleanser and you should be fine! (I didn't even bother too much with weapon elements tbh XD). If you're having trouble with the sleeping attack; occasionally when you eat, you gain a skill called felyne insomniac (It's a random skill however, so it doesn't always appear). This makes you immune to sleep so pick a food that gives you this if you can :) If not i always go with felyne defender and riser (Fish and a grain steamed or fried)! They're quite useful for most monsters.

The roar for gore is a pain, but i'm pretty sure you can only get HG ear plugs in late high rank (I remember azure rath gear having them?) Just remember to stay either under its hind legs or next to them. Don't feel the need to attack the head / horns when it's enraged, you're best off waiting until its stunned or toppled.

Also never be afraid to go online and work in groups if you can :) it makes quests so much easier, especially later on in the game. So getting used to it early on is a huge help!
bloodborne_sig_by_xxdarinx-d7otg9b.png
@Haybay Thanks, but I already beat Nerscylla and Gore Magala. Full gore armor and a striped gong for victory. @DeamonElementia helped me a lot with it, @Uni helped with the last bit of gore armor. I love these guys to death. ^u^ Now preparing for congala and fighting brachy for dios bell and tail hammer.
@Haybay Thanks, but I already beat Nerscylla and Gore Magala. Full gore armor and a striped gong for victory. @DeamonElementia helped me a lot with it, @Uni helped with the last bit of gore armor. I love these guys to death. ^u^ Now preparing for congala and fighting brachy for dios bell and tail hammer.
[quote name="Shadria" date=2016-02-24 07:57:47] @HayBay Thanks, but I already beat Nerscylla and Gore Magala. Full gore armor and a striped gong for victory. @DeamonElementia helped me a lot with it, @Uni helped with the last bit of gore armor. I love these guys to death. ^u^ Now preparing for congala and fighting brachy for dios bell and tail hammer. Also my internet is bad so I don't do online stuff with random players. [/quote]
Shadria wrote on 2016-02-24:
@HayBay Thanks, but I already beat Nerscylla and Gore Magala. Full gore armor and a striped gong for victory. @DeamonElementia helped me a lot with it, @Uni helped with the last bit of gore armor. I love these guys to death. ^u^ Now preparing for congala and fighting brachy for dios bell and tail hammer. Also my internet is bad so I don't do online stuff with random players.
^she been talkin' bout' me here so i might as well post so im not a dead meatlump from the depths of social reclusiveness

i barely play monster hunter because im a big lazy baby, but im around HR160 G-silver, and i only play long sword with an exception of dual blades cuz my system mate loves dual blades so

ive got a billion long swords and i guess im up to helping people if they need it but my attention span is small

also my cat is luigi
^she been talkin' bout' me here so i might as well post so im not a dead meatlump from the depths of social reclusiveness

i barely play monster hunter because im a big lazy baby, but im around HR160 G-silver, and i only play long sword with an exception of dual blades cuz my system mate loves dual blades so

ive got a billion long swords and i guess im up to helping people if they need it but my attention span is small

also my cat is luigi
uni's teeny art shop here~
I haven't played this game in so long. I just recently got myself to G Rank in 3U and I've been stuck at G1 in 4U forever because my friends are only High Rank and I'm very nervous around strangers in games.

I guess what I'm asking is, anyone here willing to help me? My nervousness is due to me not knowing what type of people I'd be hunting with but most people on this site are pretty chill so I don't think I'd worry too much. If I'm gonna look like an idiot I don't want it to be in front of the wrong people.
I haven't played this game in so long. I just recently got myself to G Rank in 3U and I've been stuck at G1 in 4U forever because my friends are only High Rank and I'm very nervous around strangers in games.

I guess what I'm asking is, anyone here willing to help me? My nervousness is due to me not knowing what type of people I'd be hunting with but most people on this site are pretty chill so I don't think I'd worry too much. If I'm gonna look like an idiot I don't want it to be in front of the wrong people.
.gif2015_10_25_commission_nom_nom_worm.pngDvqFBqS.gif.gif.gif
Oh man I love this game! I've beaten the goopdragon and I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to 5
Oh man I love this game! I've beaten the goopdragon and I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to 5
YES finally found this thread again :'D

Lizzi | HR 4
Insect Glaive / Dual Blades
Friend Code: 3995-6626-2765

My first experience with the Monster Hunter world was 3U, where I mained the hell out of dual blades. Upon reaching high rank in 4U, I discovered the love that is the Insect Glaive, and I've been using that ever since. If you're ever down to hunt, I'm always happy to be the designated mounter. C:

There's many things I adore about Monster Hunter, especially the monster designs in the game! My top three faves are Najarala, Zinogre, and Gore Magala. and Pink Rathian too because pink dragons are 2cute
YES finally found this thread again :'D

Lizzi | HR 4
Insect Glaive / Dual Blades
Friend Code: 3995-6626-2765

My first experience with the Monster Hunter world was 3U, where I mained the hell out of dual blades. Upon reaching high rank in 4U, I discovered the love that is the Insect Glaive, and I've been using that ever since. If you're ever down to hunt, I'm always happy to be the designated mounter. C:

There's many things I adore about Monster Hunter, especially the monster designs in the game! My top three faves are Najarala, Zinogre, and Gore Magala. and Pink Rathian too because pink dragons are 2cute
banner_by_friedsnipe-dcglsuc.png
bump
bump
15128.png
I'm now HR 8 with Dios Tail Hammer, Dios Bell+, and full Gore S armor. At Cathar and struggling to get up to G rank and stuff before I end up at Shagaru Magala in single player. (I really need to get better armor, Gore S isn't cutting it for me.) I'm in love with the Kaiser armor, but that's freaking Teostra so me and the others are rushing to get me to Kushala Darora so I can get its armor so I have great buffs against Teostra so I can get ITS ARMOR. q~q
That and I'm still going for Light Break Timbre and Hammer so high rank brachy is a must..
aaahh
and my connection is bad so I keep disconnecting during the middle of a fight and dying alone... ;~; my 3DS is out to get me..
I'm now HR 8 with Dios Tail Hammer, Dios Bell+, and full Gore S armor. At Cathar and struggling to get up to G rank and stuff before I end up at Shagaru Magala in single player. (I really need to get better armor, Gore S isn't cutting it for me.) I'm in love with the Kaiser armor, but that's freaking Teostra so me and the others are rushing to get me to Kushala Darora so I can get its armor so I have great buffs against Teostra so I can get ITS ARMOR. q~q
That and I'm still going for Light Break Timbre and Hammer so high rank brachy is a must..
aaahh
and my connection is bad so I keep disconnecting during the middle of a fight and dying alone... ;~; my 3DS is out to get me..