Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | When you think New Zealand, you think..?
Just a bucketload of trees
Just a bucketload of trees
Heart.gif
Thanks to the movies, the first thing I can think of is Middle-earth.
Thanks to the movies, the first thing I can think of is Middle-earth.
33otegj.jpg
Kiwis. Lord of the Rings. The fact that it's shaped like fractured, upside-down Italy.
Kiwis. Lord of the Rings. The fact that it's shaped like fractured, upside-down Italy.
R Jlv5KFV.png W Eg7tdGg.png B GQh0NHI.png Y 6gF7NOr.gif
Sheep. And Maori tattoos, I guess. I had a teacher from NZ when I was like 10 who taught us a little bit about the culture, but I've mostly forgotten now.
Sheep. And Maori tattoos, I guess. I had a teacher from NZ when I was like 10 who taught us a little bit about the culture, but I've mostly forgotten now.
Beautiful views everywhere, pure nature with meadows, forests and mountains, not destroy by humans. Of course, ocean! And clean cities.
Beautiful views everywhere, pure nature with meadows, forests and mountains, not destroy by humans. Of course, ocean! And clean cities.
Always two there are, no more, no less. A master and an apprentice.
2.jpg
When I think of New Zealand I think of home and all the humorous people and lovely accents. The way people talk over here is amazing and great, most of the people over here are friendly and you can have some interesting convos, even if they are gangsters and/or hardcore stoners. if you be nice to the gangsters and stoners and not get on their bad sides they are very nice people. The landscape is beautiful and the fauna and flora are lovely. Birds, lizards and bush everywhere.
If you wanna find sheep you don't have to look very far.

Rotorua smells reeeeeeally bad but you get use to it
When I think of New Zealand I think of home and all the humorous people and lovely accents. The way people talk over here is amazing and great, most of the people over here are friendly and you can have some interesting convos, even if they are gangsters and/or hardcore stoners. if you be nice to the gangsters and stoners and not get on their bad sides they are very nice people. The landscape is beautiful and the fauna and flora are lovely. Birds, lizards and bush everywhere.
If you wanna find sheep you don't have to look very far.

Rotorua smells reeeeeeally bad but you get use to it
05YNfGC.png
Lord of the Rings and @Horticulture.
Lord of the Rings and @Horticulture.
c54e359c-32d6-11e7-9e0e-bd52535d0e35.gif
@ActualWildclaw YES HELLO I AM NEW ZEALAND

GREETINGS EVERYONE I AM UR GUIDE
@ActualWildclaw YES HELLO I AM NEW ZEALAND

GREETINGS EVERYONE I AM UR GUIDE
but thats none of my business K8kB0AL.png
I think mountains, nature, sheep, Maori, rugby, Karl Urban, small island, beautiful scenery everywhere
I think mountains, nature, sheep, Maori, rugby, Karl Urban, small island, beautiful scenery everywhere
@Ferotton
When my dad's blazin', he drives like this.

In all seriousness though. Living in Auckland for six weeks taught me that:

After finding an organic bakery in Newmarket and that one takeaway in Te Atatu, I'll never be able to look at Australian seafood or sausage rolls the same way ever again.

Chocolate milk with pineapple chunks. CHOCOLATE MILK WITH PINEAPPLE CHUNKS.

Speaking of Te Atatu, what the hell is up with those massive powerlines coming right into peoples' yards?

Those traffic lights on Great South Road only letting in two cars at a time... man, we need something like that for our traffic congestion. Ingenious.

You still have Funniest Home Videos. Oh my god. That show went out in Australia like... ten years ago? To be fair... you guys call it something different (it airs on Maori Television with two male hosts?) but still! I only went to Auckland last year and I felt like I was back in 2003.

Your tax prices are god damn ridiculous like... petrol $2.40 a litre?! What the hell?!

YOUR AIR IS SO MUCH CLEANER HOLY BALLS.

Earthquakes every half an hour lmao.

Speaking of air.... YOUR FLIGHT SAFETY VIDEO IS GODDAMN LOTR COSPLAYERS OH MY GOD WHY.

This one checkout lady who every time we ran into her she was like... fangirling over Australia. "OH MY GOD I LOVE HOW YOU EXTEND YOUR VOWELS. NOYN-TAYN. YOU'RE NOYN-TAYN YEARS OLD? I LOVE KOALAS. HAVE YOU SEEN A KOALA?"
@Ferotton
When my dad's blazin', he drives like this.

In all seriousness though. Living in Auckland for six weeks taught me that:

After finding an organic bakery in Newmarket and that one takeaway in Te Atatu, I'll never be able to look at Australian seafood or sausage rolls the same way ever again.

Chocolate milk with pineapple chunks. CHOCOLATE MILK WITH PINEAPPLE CHUNKS.

Speaking of Te Atatu, what the hell is up with those massive powerlines coming right into peoples' yards?

Those traffic lights on Great South Road only letting in two cars at a time... man, we need something like that for our traffic congestion. Ingenious.

You still have Funniest Home Videos. Oh my god. That show went out in Australia like... ten years ago? To be fair... you guys call it something different (it airs on Maori Television with two male hosts?) but still! I only went to Auckland last year and I felt like I was back in 2003.

Your tax prices are god damn ridiculous like... petrol $2.40 a litre?! What the hell?!

YOUR AIR IS SO MUCH CLEANER HOLY BALLS.

Earthquakes every half an hour lmao.

Speaking of air.... YOUR FLIGHT SAFETY VIDEO IS GODDAMN LOTR COSPLAYERS OH MY GOD WHY.

This one checkout lady who every time we ran into her she was like... fangirling over Australia. "OH MY GOD I LOVE HOW YOU EXTEND YOUR VOWELS. NOYN-TAYN. YOU'RE NOYN-TAYN YEARS OLD? I LOVE KOALAS. HAVE YOU SEEN A KOALA?"
Bb9XFYa.png
xrdZoYH.png
pZJYyk4.png
sbmtjDC.png
kncGB4g.gif
suFrgfl.png
l8NOdbs.png
ZwbGqUa.png
ElKYM7J.png
Y7MOfeL.png
GdVZ87H.png
SZfmfRv.png