Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Do you have a job? (or want one?)
1 2 3 4 5
if so, what is it? what's your dream job if you don't have one?

i'm currently a legal secretary at the county attorney's office here in town and i'm hoping to become a paralegal real soon!
if so, what is it? what's your dream job if you don't have one?

i'm currently a legal secretary at the county attorney's office here in town and i'm hoping to become a paralegal real soon!
MYMszro.png
Hope you reach your goal soon!

I'm currently working part-time as a photographer/assistant manager/sales associate at a portrait studio. It's been great for improving my photography (posing, at least), but now that the holidays are over and things are slowing down I'm working on my dream goal.

I want to one day be a Cinematographer for film. For now though, I'd take any job whatsoever that gets me on set. Just...need to...find them!!
Hope you reach your goal soon!

I'm currently working part-time as a photographer/assistant manager/sales associate at a portrait studio. It's been great for improving my photography (posing, at least), but now that the holidays are over and things are slowing down I'm working on my dream goal.

I want to one day be a Cinematographer for film. For now though, I'd take any job whatsoever that gets me on set. Just...need to...find them!!
scribblesisonlydoodling.gif

wind_0.pngwind_1.pngwind_2.pngwind_3.png
2rnjx3s.png
Yep. Have one as a freelance writer at the moment to pay the bills, but I'm looking for something more steady yet still mobile, preferably in project management, and failing that in logistics, two areas where I have experience. It's 2015 and I really don't want to have to go to a physical office. Offices suck.
Yep. Have one as a freelance writer at the moment to pay the bills, but I'm looking for something more steady yet still mobile, preferably in project management, and failing that in logistics, two areas where I have experience. It's 2015 and I really don't want to have to go to a physical office. Offices suck.
hey guys is this tik tok
I've been working as a clerk in a grocery store's seafood department for a little over a year, which has proven to be very cold and very soul-sapping. :'| The people I work with are all super nice, but the job itself is so unsatisfying that it's taking a toll on my health. I really need to look for something else, aha...

As for my dream job, uh, probably something to do with dinosaurs and fossils? Studying dinosaurs and extracting fossils from rocks sounds like fun. 0: Gonna need to go back to school for that, though.
I've been working as a clerk in a grocery store's seafood department for a little over a year, which has proven to be very cold and very soul-sapping. :'| The people I work with are all super nice, but the job itself is so unsatisfying that it's taking a toll on my health. I really need to look for something else, aha...

As for my dream job, uh, probably something to do with dinosaurs and fossils? Studying dinosaurs and extracting fossils from rocks sounds like fun. 0: Gonna need to go back to school for that, though.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
@Ningyo

I feel you. I work as a hotel housekeeper and, while I adore the people I work with, the job is about to kill me. It's an empty, hollow, soul-sucking job and the repetitive motions are starting to wear on my body. I'm only twenty-five. I shouldn't be falling apart.

As for a dream job, uh...? I very briefly used to do album art for somebody I knew. That was pretty fun. A lot of creative freedom and it was something I honestly enjoyed. I'd do it again in a heartbeat if the offer came up, haha.
@Ningyo

I feel you. I work as a hotel housekeeper and, while I adore the people I work with, the job is about to kill me. It's an empty, hollow, soul-sucking job and the repetitive motions are starting to wear on my body. I'm only twenty-five. I shouldn't be falling apart.

As for a dream job, uh...? I very briefly used to do album art for somebody I knew. That was pretty fun. A lot of creative freedom and it was something I honestly enjoyed. I'd do it again in a heartbeat if the offer came up, haha.
294869_900.png421497_900.png421214_900.png341914_900.png
Right now, I'm working in customer service for an office supply store in town.

If I could do anything I wanted, I'd likely either be doing interior design or something with foreign language. But right now I'm going to school for dental assisting, so those options are quite a ways away haha.
Right now, I'm working in customer service for an office supply store in town.

If I could do anything I wanted, I'd likely either be doing interior design or something with foreign language. But right now I'm going to school for dental assisting, so those options are quite a ways away haha.
I don't know if I want one. I have terrible social anxiety, I'd have to get past that to get a job.
I don't know if I want one. I have terrible social anxiety, I'd have to get past that to get a job.
kEygMJz.png
I've been a chef of some sort for the last 11 years. Currently at a hospital, and previously at different restaurants.
I've been a chef of some sort for the last 11 years. Currently at a hospital, and previously at different restaurants.
S9GIMwM.pngyKp0KRf.png8Wxihjh.gif
I'm a high school teacher, which I really like being. I dislike the bureaucracy around teaching, but I enjoy working with the kids themselves.

Ideal job? I'd love to be a writer - published author. I'm working toward it slowly. I'd also, one day in the future when I retire from teaching, to have my own used book shop/comic shop.
I'm a high school teacher, which I really like being. I dislike the bureaucracy around teaching, but I enjoy working with the kids themselves.

Ideal job? I'd love to be a writer - published author. I'm working toward it slowly. I'd also, one day in the future when I retire from teaching, to have my own used book shop/comic shop.
noli timere tempestatem. tempestas est res pulchra. ama tempestatem et gaude in pulchritudine.
595bwIn.png
nunc, ad tuas labores reveni!
Currently I'm a software development co-op. Basically it's an internship where I take off a semester of school to do it. I get to switch off between school and work terms and combine working and studying. So I can learn more about my field in the classroom and in the industry. Mostly right now I'm trying to see what it's like in the industry, and even then only a real small part of it! I just started this week, and it's kinda dull since I'm just doing training and getting up to speed with my project. I really like everyone in the office, though, so I'm excited!

As for dream job? Well, I think it would have to be pilot. Aviation is my main passion in life, but it's a hell of an industry to be a professional in. I think I'll stick with something that I still like enough with better prospects.
Currently I'm a software development co-op. Basically it's an internship where I take off a semester of school to do it. I get to switch off between school and work terms and combine working and studying. So I can learn more about my field in the classroom and in the industry. Mostly right now I'm trying to see what it's like in the industry, and even then only a real small part of it! I just started this week, and it's kinda dull since I'm just doing training and getting up to speed with my project. I really like everyone in the office, though, so I'm excited!

As for dream job? Well, I think it would have to be pilot. Aviation is my main passion in life, but it's a hell of an industry to be a professional in. I think I'll stick with something that I still like enough with better prospects.
1 2 3 4 5