Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Do you have a job? (or want one?)
1 2 3 4 5
I work in videogames! Cutscenes to be exact. It's good fun and the studio is super friendly and full of nerrrrrds like me. :)

Dream job is freelance artist/storyboard artist, which I'm slowly working my way towards. It'll be creatively more fulfilling and I'll finally be able to attain my ultimate goal of owning ALL THE DOGS. Or just one, that would be cool too. Woof. :D
I work in videogames! Cutscenes to be exact. It's good fun and the studio is super friendly and full of nerrrrrds like me. :)

Dream job is freelance artist/storyboard artist, which I'm slowly working my way towards. It'll be creatively more fulfilling and I'll finally be able to attain my ultimate goal of owning ALL THE DOGS. Or just one, that would be cool too. Woof. :D
I'm currently working for the interlibrary loan department of my school's library which is a pretty great job, but I'm going to be graduating in May with a degree in accounting so I'll probably be getting a job in that field eventually (after grad school, if I get into grad school).

What I'd love to do would be to work full time for the next few years to pay off my student loans and get financially stable, then drop down to part time so I can have time for arts and crafts stuff.
I'm currently working for the interlibrary loan department of my school's library which is a pretty great job, but I'm going to be graduating in May with a degree in accounting so I'll probably be getting a job in that field eventually (after grad school, if I get into grad school).

What I'd love to do would be to work full time for the next few years to pay off my student loans and get financially stable, then drop down to part time so I can have time for arts and crafts stuff.
I recently quit my job due to a serious back injury, but I hated my job anyway. I'm currently looking for a job in reception as I have a lot of experience in customer service and retail.

My dream job? I want to create characters in 3D for either video games or tabletop games. So a character/asset designer. I have formal education in game design and in art.

I don't really like telling people in RL what I want to do as most of them think it is stupid. I find it funny that people will say "follow your dreams" then suddenly turn on you and say "You're stupid and hopeless because you haven't completed you dreams in your twenties."
I recently quit my job due to a serious back injury, but I hated my job anyway. I'm currently looking for a job in reception as I have a lot of experience in customer service and retail.

My dream job? I want to create characters in 3D for either video games or tabletop games. So a character/asset designer. I have formal education in game design and in art.

I don't really like telling people in RL what I want to do as most of them think it is stupid. I find it funny that people will say "follow your dreams" then suddenly turn on you and say "You're stupid and hopeless because you haven't completed you dreams in your twenties."
marina_small_by_wesleart_by_bombswan-db2x2ss.png
Currently I have no job, but hopefully soon a job at some grocery store or pet-sitting will arise so I can do something to make some form of money.

My dream job would have to be character design or a plot writer for the gaming industry. I'm not all to picky on what kind of game, I just want to be part of that amazing group of people and know i was art of it as my career.
Currently I have no job, but hopefully soon a job at some grocery store or pet-sitting will arise so I can do something to make some form of money.

My dream job would have to be character design or a plot writer for the gaming industry. I'm not all to picky on what kind of game, I just want to be part of that amazing group of people and know i was art of it as my career.
fk7NBvR.gif Ozarks/Ozzy/Oz | He/They | ENG/ESP/AjNOeQU.png | PST [FR+0] oHsnEL0.gif

Avatar Dragon | G1s & G2 Imps Wanted!
My dream job is to become a solo animator.
My realistic, but still dream job is to major in a math field. I can do algebra all day and that sweet pay would totally make it worth it.
My dream job is to become a solo animator.
My realistic, but still dream job is to major in a math field. I can do algebra all day and that sweet pay would totally make it worth it.
Currently doing an apprenticeship on Engineering Management for a large organisation. Which is fun.
Currently doing an apprenticeship on Engineering Management for a large organisation. Which is fun.
I work in a library, mostly in the computer lab, sometimes in lending/circulation. I'm in library school right now, and hopefully I will get to be a ~librarian~ soon. A couple of my coworkers are retiring this year or the next, so watch out... >:D

@Fellis Wooo library workers~~

@Korvus I swear to everything I want to stab those people in the face. Especially those that say "sweetheart."

@Sick Same here! It's amazing what will make adults throw such ridiculous hissy fits.

@RadiationFox That sounds kind of awesome, honestly. :D

@Endee Baby animals!! ♥
I work in a library, mostly in the computer lab, sometimes in lending/circulation. I'm in library school right now, and hopefully I will get to be a ~librarian~ soon. A couple of my coworkers are retiring this year or the next, so watch out... >:D

@Fellis Wooo library workers~~

@Korvus I swear to everything I want to stab those people in the face. Especially those that say "sweetheart."

@Sick Same here! It's amazing what will make adults throw such ridiculous hissy fits.

@RadiationFox That sounds kind of awesome, honestly. :D

@Endee Baby animals!! ♥
Currently a sales associate at an eb games ( Canadian gamestop) hoping to become concept artist or illustrator for Canadian based studios as well as freelancing my own work.
Currently a sales associate at an eb games ( Canadian gamestop) hoping to become concept artist or illustrator for Canadian based studios as well as freelancing my own work.
Currently working at a Tim Hortons (popular coffee chain in Canada) serving people their coffees and food. Some days are better than others but over-all I enjoy working there.
Dream "job" is to live in a small cabin on a nice plot of land, keeping bees, growing fruits and veggies, and living a self-sustained life. *sighs dreamily*
Currently working at a Tim Hortons (popular coffee chain in Canada) serving people their coffees and food. Some days are better than others but over-all I enjoy working there.
Dream "job" is to live in a small cabin on a nice plot of land, keeping bees, growing fruits and veggies, and living a self-sustained life. *sighs dreamily*
tumblr_nh1ys2XGoZ1sendkso1_100.png
Welcome to Whimsy
@BombSwan I can't stand it when people make fun of other people's goals or treat them like they are failures because they haven't accomplished their goals at whatever age they think is appropriate. My friend is an artist and has dealt with tons of people like that and she's closer to 30 than 20, and she's just now made art her full-time job. And you know what? It's working for her. Even I get that when people realize that I'm not 20-22 and they're like, "You still haven't had a job in your field? That's pathetic and your school must have sucked ha ha ha get used to retail." But there's this song kinda about that sort of thing about how it's never too late to change things in your life and I just start singing that at them.

@terralockhart I came pretty close to throwing a stapler at one of those people. The really sad thing is that when I wore my binder to work, no one said anything. Literally the only difference was boobs. Clothes were the same, hair was the same, everything. But no boobs and no one called me creepy things. And that was the day I decided I was for sure going to quit.
@BombSwan I can't stand it when people make fun of other people's goals or treat them like they are failures because they haven't accomplished their goals at whatever age they think is appropriate. My friend is an artist and has dealt with tons of people like that and she's closer to 30 than 20, and she's just now made art her full-time job. And you know what? It's working for her. Even I get that when people realize that I'm not 20-22 and they're like, "You still haven't had a job in your field? That's pathetic and your school must have sucked ha ha ha get used to retail." But there's this song kinda about that sort of thing about how it's never too late to change things in your life and I just start singing that at them.

@terralockhart I came pretty close to throwing a stapler at one of those people. The really sad thing is that when I wore my binder to work, no one said anything. Literally the only difference was boobs. Clothes were the same, hair was the same, everything. But no boobs and no one called me creepy things. And that was the day I decided I was for sure going to quit.
1 2 3 4 5