Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Do you have a job? (or want one?)
1 2 3 4 5
ATM im a cashier at my local PetSmart, its not too bad. Everyone I work with is super nice and the managers are very lax. Hopeing to work my way up to petcare someday though :)

as for a dream job, thats would be a taxidermist. Its just seems like an amazing job and the fact I could bring life back into the pelts would be amazing feeling ^^
ATM im a cashier at my local PetSmart, its not too bad. Everyone I work with is super nice and the managers are very lax. Hopeing to work my way up to petcare someday though :)

as for a dream job, thats would be a taxidermist. Its just seems like an amazing job and the fact I could bring life back into the pelts would be amazing feeling ^^
dDdRHWB.png
@Korvus
At Thanksgiving a family friend basically asked me if I was giving up, because I still didn't have a job in the field. It really got my goat, but at the same time I remember reading that people expect this generation to have much more than they had when they were our age. Also with Facebook and other media sometimes people lie and make things seem like they are better than things actually are. In turn others see that and think: "Well why doesn't Suzy Q have that too?" Not that everyone lies on Facebook of course, but that is the gist of it.

Some people also don't understand that this industry and practically all jobs now are "Who you know not what you know." If you want to get noticed you pretty much have to know someone. I know plenty of people that are great artists that don't get noticed. They do make money from their art as they get noticed by others, but still.

There is always hope though if you just keep chugging along. I just try to remember that and keep going. Everything takes time and I'm sure one day I'll look back on things and say: "Why was I ever worried?" Until then I just have to try my best to keep my intentions to myself.
@Korvus
At Thanksgiving a family friend basically asked me if I was giving up, because I still didn't have a job in the field. It really got my goat, but at the same time I remember reading that people expect this generation to have much more than they had when they were our age. Also with Facebook and other media sometimes people lie and make things seem like they are better than things actually are. In turn others see that and think: "Well why doesn't Suzy Q have that too?" Not that everyone lies on Facebook of course, but that is the gist of it.

Some people also don't understand that this industry and practically all jobs now are "Who you know not what you know." If you want to get noticed you pretty much have to know someone. I know plenty of people that are great artists that don't get noticed. They do make money from their art as they get noticed by others, but still.

There is always hope though if you just keep chugging along. I just try to remember that and keep going. Everything takes time and I'm sure one day I'll look back on things and say: "Why was I ever worried?" Until then I just have to try my best to keep my intentions to myself.
marina_small_by_wesleart_by_bombswan-db2x2ss.png
1 2 3 4 5