Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Hardest Boss in a Video Game?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
There are lots of games that are notorious for having ridiculously hard boss fights. Beating a particularly challenging boss can be particularly rewarding though. What is the hardest boss you've ever fought in a video game? What boss made you throw your controller out the window?

The hardest boss I have beaten is probably Ballos from Cave Story. The hardest part about this boss is getting to him, as the level he is in is literally hell and there are no checkpoints if you die. And you will die a lot. If you did manage to get to him, you were lucky to even have a sliver of health left to fight him. And he had FOUR FORMES and a crapton of health. I would never attempt it again but beating Ballos was probably the most satisfying moment in a game for me.

The hardest boss I have not beaten is Queen Larsa from Mushihime-sama Futari. (I am not enough of a masochist to even attempt games like this). I am just stunned that there are people that are actually good at games like this and Touhou. Major props to anyone who's even attempted this genre of gaming.
There are lots of games that are notorious for having ridiculously hard boss fights. Beating a particularly challenging boss can be particularly rewarding though. What is the hardest boss you've ever fought in a video game? What boss made you throw your controller out the window?

The hardest boss I have beaten is probably Ballos from Cave Story. The hardest part about this boss is getting to him, as the level he is in is literally hell and there are no checkpoints if you die. And you will die a lot. If you did manage to get to him, you were lucky to even have a sliver of health left to fight him. And he had FOUR FORMES and a crapton of health. I would never attempt it again but beating Ballos was probably the most satisfying moment in a game for me.

The hardest boss I have not beaten is Queen Larsa from Mushihime-sama Futari. (I am not enough of a masochist to even attempt games like this). I am just stunned that there are people that are actually good at games like this and Touhou. Major props to anyone who's even attempted this genre of gaming.
avan4t_zps7418d6bd.png
Every single enemy in Dark Souls 2, and I'd have to say I thought Ulysses from Fallout New Vegas was pretty tough...of course I used console commands to feed him to my character, but with no cheats he's a tough cookie! That alongside the Legendary Deathclaw.

Hmmm as for RPGs I'd say Red from Pokemon Crystal. Took me years to beat him and then my file and level 90 totodile got deleted by my cousin.
Every single enemy in Dark Souls 2, and I'd have to say I thought Ulysses from Fallout New Vegas was pretty tough...of course I used console commands to feed him to my character, but with no cheats he's a tough cookie! That alongside the Legendary Deathclaw.

Hmmm as for RPGs I'd say Red from Pokemon Crystal. Took me years to beat him and then my file and level 90 totodile got deleted by my cousin.
TpO8tYR.png912ee11232d0_kamikaze1.pngDgJuZtv.pngDmRdZYl.png
Seymour over Mount Gagazet in Final Fantasy 10. It took me weeks to beat him. I had a guide I borrowed from a friend and even in that it said that the fight required a good amount of luck!

I don't think I've fought anyone harder since then, not even soloing group mobs in MMOs...
Seymour over Mount Gagazet in Final Fantasy 10. It took me weeks to beat him. I had a guide I borrowed from a friend and even in that it said that the fight required a good amount of luck!

I don't think I've fought anyone harder since then, not even soloing group mobs in MMOs...
JWlblI8.png243.gif
there have been soooo many difficult bosses in dark souls 1. artorias is by far the hardest boss ive come across. i havent beat him, but i cant even touch him! his health bar was still full when i ran out of my 20 health potions.

the hardest boss(es) ive ever beaten were ornstein and smough from the same game. i needed two people to help me take them both out because you have to fight them at the same time and once you kill one the other absorbs their power and becomes even stronger
there have been soooo many difficult bosses in dark souls 1. artorias is by far the hardest boss ive come across. i havent beat him, but i cant even touch him! his health bar was still full when i ran out of my 20 health potions.

the hardest boss(es) ive ever beaten were ornstein and smough from the same game. i needed two people to help me take them both out because you have to fight them at the same time and once you kill one the other absorbs their power and becomes even stronger
hardest i've beaten? literally everything from Lord Jabu-Jabu in Ocarina of Time and beyond in that game lmao I AM SO GOOD AT BEATING THE FIRST TWO BOSSES BUT GOD FORBID I BEAT THE REST OF THEM

aaaaand hardest i haven't beaten? ... damn yo i can't remember any right off the top of my head, honestly??? i know there are some that i haven't beaten, i just can't recall them right now uGH
hardest i've beaten? literally everything from Lord Jabu-Jabu in Ocarina of Time and beyond in that game lmao I AM SO GOOD AT BEATING THE FIRST TWO BOSSES BUT GOD FORBID I BEAT THE REST OF THEM

aaaaand hardest i haven't beaten? ... damn yo i can't remember any right off the top of my head, honestly??? i know there are some that i haven't beaten, i just can't recall them right now uGH
N i c k
"Fear not the night."
→ he/him
dd9d37c13149d4412f933c2662309cbb42245e81.png
@Hassan @Atomikamikaze Dual bosses in DS really tripped me up because I had it on the PC and the lock on mechanic was absolute bunk. When I played it on console it worked fairly well, but on PC it would constantly flip flop from one target to the other whenever they were in the same vicinity, with the slightest movement of the mouse. O&S were a lot harder for me than they should have been because of this. : /

Artorias is freaking awesome. The most fun fight in the entire series, for me at least. Attack after dodging his abyss-slimey slide forward move. There are some other windows (you can also attack immediately after dodging his long-range flip) but I think that's the safest...I love how he keeps you on your toes, more bosses should feel like a true duel instead of you running around like an idiot trying to hack at some huge monster's toenail.
But yeah, just dodge to the side a bunch and punish his misses, pretty standard procedure for a human-sized enemy. He's just really quick so you have to be too.
Has anyone else noticed that the Lost Sinner in Ds2 has basically the same moveset as Artorias? Yet another way they cut corners with that game, sigh...
@Hassan @Atomikamikaze Dual bosses in DS really tripped me up because I had it on the PC and the lock on mechanic was absolute bunk. When I played it on console it worked fairly well, but on PC it would constantly flip flop from one target to the other whenever they were in the same vicinity, with the slightest movement of the mouse. O&S were a lot harder for me than they should have been because of this. : /

Artorias is freaking awesome. The most fun fight in the entire series, for me at least. Attack after dodging his abyss-slimey slide forward move. There are some other windows (you can also attack immediately after dodging his long-range flip) but I think that's the safest...I love how he keeps you on your toes, more bosses should feel like a true duel instead of you running around like an idiot trying to hack at some huge monster's toenail.
But yeah, just dodge to the side a bunch and punish his misses, pretty standard procedure for a human-sized enemy. He's just really quick so you have to be too.
Has anyone else noticed that the Lost Sinner in Ds2 has basically the same moveset as Artorias? Yet another way they cut corners with that game, sigh...
THE ILLNESS WILL BRING YOU PEACE.
SERENITY IS BORN FROM CERTAINTY AND YOUR SUFFERING IS CERTAIN.
I don't normally have trouble with bosses in video games since I over level way to much for my own good, BUT-

The bosses in Kid Icarus after chapter 18. THIS GAME WAS NOT MADE FOR LEFT HANDED PEOPLE. ._. I think that whole game counts as one of the hardest I've had to play through.
I don't normally have trouble with bosses in video games since I over level way to much for my own good, BUT-

The bosses in Kid Icarus after chapter 18. THIS GAME WAS NOT MADE FOR LEFT HANDED PEOPLE. ._. I think that whole game counts as one of the hardest I've had to play through.
emVSLIq.png
I have my own website for things I've made!
SquishyPanda
Hmmm...

I'd have to say Ganondorf from Ocarina of Time, in terms of hardest boss. He just wouldn't *DIE* when I played.

In terms of ones I've beaten:
The final boss from Aquaria took me several attempts. I had the first little bit memorized.
I also had problems with the 2nd boss in Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Uhh... what's her name? Mantis-legs girl. She was difficult.

... yeah, so off the top of my head those three.
Hmmm...

I'd have to say Ganondorf from Ocarina of Time, in terms of hardest boss. He just wouldn't *DIE* when I played.

In terms of ones I've beaten:
The final boss from Aquaria took me several attempts. I had the first little bit memorized.
I also had problems with the 2nd boss in Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Uhh... what's her name? Mantis-legs girl. She was difficult.

... yeah, so off the top of my head those three.
For me, the hardest boss I've beaten has been Zodiark from Final Fantasy XII.

I actually managed to beat Zodiark on my first try...only to get defeated by a mob of bats on my way out of the area. Since there wasn't a save crystal in the area leading up to Zodiark, I had to battle him again. I ended up battling him several times before finally defeating him again and getting out of the dungeon safely.

The funny thing is that I found Hell Wyrm, which is one of the games superbosses, to be incredibly easy compared to Zodiark.
I still haven't gotten to Omega Mark XII or Yiazmat. When my acquaintance retunrs my copy of FFXII, I'll probably start working on that again.
For me, the hardest boss I've beaten has been Zodiark from Final Fantasy XII.

I actually managed to beat Zodiark on my first try...only to get defeated by a mob of bats on my way out of the area. Since there wasn't a save crystal in the area leading up to Zodiark, I had to battle him again. I ended up battling him several times before finally defeating him again and getting out of the dungeon safely.

The funny thing is that I found Hell Wyrm, which is one of the games superbosses, to be incredibly easy compared to Zodiark.
I still haven't gotten to Omega Mark XII or Yiazmat. When my acquaintance retunrs my copy of FFXII, I'll probably start working on that again.
I remember when I was just idly going against Sephiroth in Final Fantasy 7 back in 2001. I was over at a friend's house, so her computer/game copy.

We hadn't had any luck against him. I wasn't expecting to beat him, but see how long I could last. Then it felt like the game had frozen. But it actually just went "Hey, wait. I need to bring up this cinematic. Hang on..."

And I couldn't believe it. Ha! Cloud, Vincent and Red. The team that was about to die, iirc.
--
Another not-so-much boss, but hard was Flemeth in Dragon Age Origins. I beat her via the mabari hound. Dog was the only one alive. 8'l (I believe a similar situation for the end game boss too) Although, I was playing on the easiest setting... but still. I couldn't beat her again. Sadly, her death was voided in DA2? Is that what happens, if you do 'kill' her? I haven't played the game in a while. I was so "BUT I KILLED YOU. AURG." When I first saw her in the game prologue.

As for boss I haven't beaten.. I don't know, I usually stop playing a game I don't like. Or I go back to games I've played so many times as to be sick of them. And have new games not played.
I remember when I was just idly going against Sephiroth in Final Fantasy 7 back in 2001. I was over at a friend's house, so her computer/game copy.

We hadn't had any luck against him. I wasn't expecting to beat him, but see how long I could last. Then it felt like the game had frozen. But it actually just went "Hey, wait. I need to bring up this cinematic. Hang on..."

And I couldn't believe it. Ha! Cloud, Vincent and Red. The team that was about to die, iirc.
--
Another not-so-much boss, but hard was Flemeth in Dragon Age Origins. I beat her via the mabari hound. Dog was the only one alive. 8'l (I believe a similar situation for the end game boss too) Although, I was playing on the easiest setting... but still. I couldn't beat her again. Sadly, her death was voided in DA2? Is that what happens, if you do 'kill' her? I haven't played the game in a while. I was so "BUT I KILLED YOU. AURG." When I first saw her in the game prologue.

As for boss I haven't beaten.. I don't know, I usually stop playing a game I don't like. Or I go back to games I've played so many times as to be sick of them. And have new games not played.
tumblr_inline_nawph50IcF1qfvxaz.pngPlague heart, Wind eyestumblr_inline_nawpgprMrP1qfvxaz.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13