Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Dreams
1 2 3 4 5
My friend and I were discussing how we appear in our dreams, and it made us curious about what's most normal and what's more unusual, so I basically have two questions:

1) Do you dream in 1st person or 3rd person?

2) In your dreams, do you look how you look in real life, or do you look different?

And I'll ask two bonus questions, because I know people love to talk about themselves! *laugh* And I am kinda curious.

3) Do you try to analyze your dreams, or do you just sort of ignore them?

4) Are there any other interesting little tidbits about your dreams you'd like to share? Some sort of quirk, or a dream that stands out... Anything, really. :)

***My Answers***

1) It varies.

2) I mostly look the same, but my gender varies. Everything else tends to stay the same though.

3) I analyze them a little, but I try not to stress myself out with it. I know that dreams can be kinda weird and random, but I also know they have to come from somewhere, so if something catches my attention in a dream, I pay extra attention to it to sort out how it got there and evaluate if it might have any relation to something in real life that I need to address. If it doesn't catch my attention, I don't worry too much about it.

4) If I dream about a specific article of clothing, I wear it the next day, just to see what happens. Nothing usually happens, but it's fun to try anyway.

EDIT
Oh, look, there's already a dreams thread going on. Oh well. I'm still curious about those first specific questions, so I'll keep this here.
My friend and I were discussing how we appear in our dreams, and it made us curious about what's most normal and what's more unusual, so I basically have two questions:

1) Do you dream in 1st person or 3rd person?

2) In your dreams, do you look how you look in real life, or do you look different?

And I'll ask two bonus questions, because I know people love to talk about themselves! *laugh* And I am kinda curious.

3) Do you try to analyze your dreams, or do you just sort of ignore them?

4) Are there any other interesting little tidbits about your dreams you'd like to share? Some sort of quirk, or a dream that stands out... Anything, really. :)

***My Answers***

1) It varies.

2) I mostly look the same, but my gender varies. Everything else tends to stay the same though.

3) I analyze them a little, but I try not to stress myself out with it. I know that dreams can be kinda weird and random, but I also know they have to come from somewhere, so if something catches my attention in a dream, I pay extra attention to it to sort out how it got there and evaluate if it might have any relation to something in real life that I need to address. If it doesn't catch my attention, I don't worry too much about it.

4) If I dream about a specific article of clothing, I wear it the next day, just to see what happens. Nothing usually happens, but it's fun to try anyway.

EDIT
Oh, look, there's already a dreams thread going on. Oh well. I'm still curious about those first specific questions, so I'll keep this here.
chill
1) Usually first person.

2) I'm not sure, actually, I'm always in first person, but my body feels like it's a different shape or volume when I'm moving around so I guess the answer is 'I don't look like me'.

3) I tend to ignore them.

4) I remember a lot from dreams, more so than I've been told I should be able to.
1) Usually first person.

2) I'm not sure, actually, I'm always in first person, but my body feels like it's a different shape or volume when I'm moving around so I guess the answer is 'I don't look like me'.

3) I tend to ignore them.

4) I remember a lot from dreams, more so than I've been told I should be able to.
DuLvCwY.png
1) First person usually, rarely it swaps to third for a second or two.

2) I only really have two dreams to go off of, but I seemed like myself-however I was elongated in one and shortened in the other. All other features were the same though.

3) I do like to think about my dreams sometimes-especially the unusual ones.

4) I noticed the my most reoccurring dream is missing the bus for school and lately dreaming of getting messages and notices on FR itself /D If it's not one of those, my dreams almost always ended when I start thinking, when I realize something is off. Like the one dream where I was a Wizard at Hogwarts and I turned around... there's Link staring at me from across the courtyard, completely out of place.
1) First person usually, rarely it swaps to third for a second or two.

2) I only really have two dreams to go off of, but I seemed like myself-however I was elongated in one and shortened in the other. All other features were the same though.

3) I do like to think about my dreams sometimes-especially the unusual ones.

4) I noticed the my most reoccurring dream is missing the bus for school and lately dreaming of getting messages and notices on FR itself /D If it's not one of those, my dreams almost always ended when I start thinking, when I realize something is off. Like the one dream where I was a Wizard at Hogwarts and I turned around... there's Link staring at me from across the courtyard, completely out of place.
ywCJX34.png
1. It's kind of like a mix of both 3rd and 1st for me. It's like I'm someone and I know who I am in the dream but I'm watching myself do it.

2. I, as in me really, am not usually in my dreams. I had a dream a couple years ago that I was Spiderman xD I remember that because I woke up yelling, "THWIP THWIP!!!"

3. I do think about my dreams, but I don't analyze them. A few of them have resulted in OCs and awesome roleplays!

4. A dream that stands out? Well. I remember a dream from when I was... 4? Maybe? I dunno. I'd seen Jurassic Park for the first time and it TERRIFIED me out of my wits (strangely enough I wanted to see it again) so I had a nightmare about it. I was walking along this really pretty brick path with my parents when we came to an arch filled with mist. My mom and I both tried to turn away but my dad said we'd be fine. When we went through, we were ok for a few minutes... Until a Triceratops speared my parents on its horns. I ran to this big pile of rocks and started climbing it because SUDDENLY T-REX CHASING ME. I his between some of the rocks, but the T-Rex started moving them. A monkey came out of nowhere so I threw it at the T-Rex and woke up.

It was very weird and terrifying.
1. It's kind of like a mix of both 3rd and 1st for me. It's like I'm someone and I know who I am in the dream but I'm watching myself do it.

2. I, as in me really, am not usually in my dreams. I had a dream a couple years ago that I was Spiderman xD I remember that because I woke up yelling, "THWIP THWIP!!!"

3. I do think about my dreams, but I don't analyze them. A few of them have resulted in OCs and awesome roleplays!

4. A dream that stands out? Well. I remember a dream from when I was... 4? Maybe? I dunno. I'd seen Jurassic Park for the first time and it TERRIFIED me out of my wits (strangely enough I wanted to see it again) so I had a nightmare about it. I was walking along this really pretty brick path with my parents when we came to an arch filled with mist. My mom and I both tried to turn away but my dad said we'd be fine. When we went through, we were ok for a few minutes... Until a Triceratops speared my parents on its horns. I ran to this big pile of rocks and started climbing it because SUDDENLY T-REX CHASING ME. I his between some of the rocks, but the T-Rex started moving them. A monkey came out of nowhere so I threw it at the T-Rex and woke up.

It was very weird and terrifying.
80317408_UZf74sDKxq5dAIU.png ___
hey i'm lee
he/him | 24 | fr+0

art | skins | about

tblr
| twt | yt
1.) It changes back and forth. It used to be rare for it to be in 3rd, but now it's gotten normal.

2.) I have absolutely NO idea what I look like in my dreams. Everything is either from my vision, or I'm just not there.

3.) I write them in a dream journal. Mine are so odd that they've given me so many things to write about.

4.) I JUST learned how to fly in my dreams a few months ago. Before I could only jump high, and for a short while. And I still remember one dream that I had in middle school so perfectly I often ask people who can draw to sketch what I describe. (Nothing has come close though. I can't describe the beauty of that angel ;~;) And my lucid dreams include only the anime characters from the last anime I watched.

And I had my first night terror last week, but it didn't include the normal paralysis, so I was freaking out in real life, and that was the scariest 5 minutes of my life.
1.) It changes back and forth. It used to be rare for it to be in 3rd, but now it's gotten normal.

2.) I have absolutely NO idea what I look like in my dreams. Everything is either from my vision, or I'm just not there.

3.) I write them in a dream journal. Mine are so odd that they've given me so many things to write about.

4.) I JUST learned how to fly in my dreams a few months ago. Before I could only jump high, and for a short while. And I still remember one dream that I had in middle school so perfectly I often ask people who can draw to sketch what I describe. (Nothing has come close though. I can't describe the beauty of that angel ;~;) And my lucid dreams include only the anime characters from the last anime I watched.

And I had my first night terror last week, but it didn't include the normal paralysis, so I was freaking out in real life, and that was the scariest 5 minutes of my life.
emVSLIq.png
I have my own website for things I've made!
SquishyPanda
1. First person 90% of the time. Sometimes my dreams have bits and pieces in 3rd but are primarily 1st.

2. I usually have dark brown hair instead of blonde. I have no idea why. Gender varies, 50-50 shot I'll be either. Depends on the setting of the dream, really.

3. I think about them for a few days, but don't do much else.

4. Most dreams are fandom related since I watch my shows or read before bed. I can usually control my dreams with ease without becoming so aware that I wake up or am awake to the point where it gets boring and my mind wanders. Like "this is just a dream, my blankets are all bunched up and I'm thirsty." I have recurring dreams where me, my friends/fandom characters, and a few random people get locked in my school and it turns into some sort of fortress war over space and food. People die.
1. First person 90% of the time. Sometimes my dreams have bits and pieces in 3rd but are primarily 1st.

2. I usually have dark brown hair instead of blonde. I have no idea why. Gender varies, 50-50 shot I'll be either. Depends on the setting of the dream, really.

3. I think about them for a few days, but don't do much else.

4. Most dreams are fandom related since I watch my shows or read before bed. I can usually control my dreams with ease without becoming so aware that I wake up or am awake to the point where it gets boring and my mind wanders. Like "this is just a dream, my blankets are all bunched up and I'm thirsty." I have recurring dreams where me, my friends/fandom characters, and a few random people get locked in my school and it turns into some sort of fortress war over space and food. People die.
XS9Xu1r.png
1) 3rd person, though my nightmares are sometimes 1st person.

2) My dreams usually follow one or more random characters, who might not even be human.

3) Sometimes it makes sense to analyze them, but most of the time doing so would be ridiculous.

4) If someone I know shows up in one my dreams, they're about to do something awful (and out of character) or have something awful happen to them.

Also, most dream-buildings look like my house, my elementary school, or my high school. Go figure.
1) 3rd person, though my nightmares are sometimes 1st person.

2) My dreams usually follow one or more random characters, who might not even be human.

3) Sometimes it makes sense to analyze them, but most of the time doing so would be ridiculous.

4) If someone I know shows up in one my dreams, they're about to do something awful (and out of character) or have something awful happen to them.

Also, most dream-buildings look like my house, my elementary school, or my high school. Go figure.
Oh I love dreamsss.
I'm always curious about dreams!
I heard some people dream in b&w
I personally don't, but that's interesting if you do!

1) Both! Depends on the dream and situation 'v'

2) I've never actually seen myself... So who knows. Sometimes I feel like a different person though.

3) Some of my dreams are disturbing but I don't put too much thought into it.. I dream extremely vivid and know i'm dreaming so if I don't like something it's easily changed.

4) I easily slip into lucid dreaming while falling asleep.. I remember every dream, but it's more like a life outside of life because I can kind of just do my own thing somewhere else.

I'll also add, I rarely dream of anything related to shows.. Or people I know. Usually it's randoms from faces I've seen on the street or something (I heard your dream people are people you've seen before)..
Oh I love dreamsss.
I'm always curious about dreams!
I heard some people dream in b&w
I personally don't, but that's interesting if you do!

1) Both! Depends on the dream and situation 'v'

2) I've never actually seen myself... So who knows. Sometimes I feel like a different person though.

3) Some of my dreams are disturbing but I don't put too much thought into it.. I dream extremely vivid and know i'm dreaming so if I don't like something it's easily changed.

4) I easily slip into lucid dreaming while falling asleep.. I remember every dream, but it's more like a life outside of life because I can kind of just do my own thing somewhere else.

I'll also add, I rarely dream of anything related to shows.. Or people I know. Usually it's randoms from faces I've seen on the street or something (I heard your dream people are people you've seen before)..
1) Both, it varies. I think a few times it might have been both at once, actually.

2) Sometimes it's me currently, sometimes it's been characters of mine, and a few times it's been what I believe to have been in a past life (since I believe in those).

3) I sometimes interpret them when they're not obviously just nonsense my brain comes up with.

4) This morning, I had a dream about sleeping outside on the concrete and a boy I know being gay. He isn't (well I don't know that for sure, so I don't want to say that for sure, but I don't think he is) but it was still pretty interesting. It was pretty incoherent and... Twisted the real world, for lack of a better description, so I didn't interpret it.
1) Both, it varies. I think a few times it might have been both at once, actually.

2) Sometimes it's me currently, sometimes it's been characters of mine, and a few times it's been what I believe to have been in a past life (since I believe in those).

3) I sometimes interpret them when they're not obviously just nonsense my brain comes up with.

4) This morning, I had a dream about sleeping outside on the concrete and a boy I know being gay. He isn't (well I don't know that for sure, so I don't want to say that for sure, but I don't think he is) but it was still pretty interesting. It was pretty incoherent and... Twisted the real world, for lack of a better description, so I didn't interpret it.
bxbkeiO.png 1HPvhzQ.png
1) It honestly depends! Most of the time I dream in the third person but very rarely I dream in the first person.
2) That depends too! Most of the time I look the same, maybe with some irregular clothes, sometimes I'm a wolf. Hah.
3) Usually I ignore them. When I have dreams of being a wolf, I kinda go further into those, and think about them, most of the time I just wake up screaming haha (very prone to nightmares)
4) I can easily end my dreams, very rarely control them. I think once or twice I was able to lucid dream. Though I can always end a dream, never a nightmare. Unfortunately I can not lucid dream for very long; maybe a few minutes. I also always dream in color, I think once everything was grayscale.

I rarely remember my dreams, but I still very much enjoy having them!
1) It honestly depends! Most of the time I dream in the third person but very rarely I dream in the first person.
2) That depends too! Most of the time I look the same, maybe with some irregular clothes, sometimes I'm a wolf. Hah.
3) Usually I ignore them. When I have dreams of being a wolf, I kinda go further into those, and think about them, most of the time I just wake up screaming haha (very prone to nightmares)
4) I can easily end my dreams, very rarely control them. I think once or twice I was able to lucid dream. Though I can always end a dream, never a nightmare. Unfortunately I can not lucid dream for very long; maybe a few minutes. I also always dream in color, I think once everything was grayscale.

I rarely remember my dreams, but I still very much enjoy having them!
tumblr_nsbv5dnHtl1s9h74lo1_500.png
1 2 3 4 5