Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Where my Mass Effect homies at?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
YOOOOOO Commanders Shepard! Let's talk!
YOOOOOO Commanders Shepard! Let's talk!
Current Project A: BORDERLANDS! Got some brights for sale/trade? Shoot me a message, son!
/WUB WUB/
Current Project B: MASS EFFECT! I'm shooting for the stars with this one. Dragons for the team, planets, and the Normandy herself! Let's talk breeding programs.
i've been very interested in starting the series but don't know where to start or how it actually plays!

is it FPSish or is it more along the lines of something Falloutish?? i ask this because i am a terrible shot and haven't been able to find a clear answer anywhere else :/
i've been very interested in starting the series but don't know where to start or how it actually plays!

is it FPSish or is it more along the lines of something Falloutish?? i ask this because i am a terrible shot and haven't been able to find a clear answer anywhere else :/
pixel___crisis_moon_compact_by_firstfear-d53a6qj.png6RF8uHO.gif pixel___crisis_moon_compact_by_firstfear-d53a6qj.png
Yoooooooooo, @delicatestarfish, yes. Let's talk ME. Let's.
I played good guy paragon Shepard who invited Allers to my ship and never talked to her because I'm great(ly troubled by her sometimes).

@Scarytier,
Well, I suggest you start with the first ME because you get to import your save file/Shepard to the succeeding games and kinda just build your own story from there.

I've never played Fallout and I looked a little at the game play and can say that ME doesn't really play like Fallout. You can checkout some game play footage here. This is from the multiplayer of ME3 so that we don't run the risk of spoilers.

And I'm pretty bad at FPS too, but ME isn't like that. You can also target your skills and you don't have to be 100% accurate since some powers are actually kinda like homing missiles (unless you really want to kill things with a sniper rifle headshot as an infiltrator or something).

And you don't travel around like in Far Cry 3 wondering where to shoot people up next.

ME plays more like... I guess you could say in stages? Despite it being one map. Say, you are dropped off, explore a bit, meet some enemies which you need to clear out before you can head in further to your goal? That's the really simple way of putting it, I guess.
Yoooooooooo, @delicatestarfish, yes. Let's talk ME. Let's.
I played good guy paragon Shepard who invited Allers to my ship and never talked to her because I'm great(ly troubled by her sometimes).

@Scarytier,
Well, I suggest you start with the first ME because you get to import your save file/Shepard to the succeeding games and kinda just build your own story from there.

I've never played Fallout and I looked a little at the game play and can say that ME doesn't really play like Fallout. You can checkout some game play footage here. This is from the multiplayer of ME3 so that we don't run the risk of spoilers.

And I'm pretty bad at FPS too, but ME isn't like that. You can also target your skills and you don't have to be 100% accurate since some powers are actually kinda like homing missiles (unless you really want to kill things with a sniper rifle headshot as an infiltrator or something).

And you don't travel around like in Far Cry 3 wondering where to shoot people up next.

ME plays more like... I guess you could say in stages? Despite it being one map. Say, you are dropped off, explore a bit, meet some enemies which you need to clear out before you can head in further to your goal? That's the really simple way of putting it, I guess.
im340p.gif
[center]@delicatestarfish @Death HEY SHEPS! @Scarytier (Personally got to scared to play Fallout because of one night jump scare) ME has a pretty good first person shooter system (even for the first game considering how old it is) And please tell me one of you is a Thane Krios Fangroupie! [img]http://static.tumblr.com/qtmshlc/KPnm8sinh/sidebar225.gif[/img][/center]
@delicatestarfish
@Death

HEY SHEPS!

@Scarytier
(Personally got to scared to play Fallout because of one night jump scare)
ME has a pretty good first person shooter system (even for the first game considering how old it is)

And please tell me one of you is a Thane Krios Fangroupie!
sidebar225.gif
delsious1.png
@Khazarian,
Hi, Shep.

Oh, me, me! Thane is the best.
Also Zaeed. And Mordin. And EDI. And Anderson.
And if I go on, I'd probably list everyone. whoop.
@Khazarian,
Hi, Shep.

Oh, me, me! Thane is the best.
Also Zaeed. And Mordin. And EDI. And Anderson.
And if I go on, I'd probably list everyone. whoop.
im340p.gif
@Scarytier It plays… sort of like Fallout? 3rd person shooter, but a lot more eloquent. VERY story based. I recommend it wholeheartedly. Favorite game ever. Start from the first Mass Effect and play right through, because your choices in the first game will affect ME2, and then from there ME3. It's very in-depth! It's open world to an extent, but there is a story you're pursuing as well. @Death @Khazarian Nice to meet ya, fellow Sheps! I'm a Renegade Vanguard femshep, but currently doing a…somewhat paragon play through. It feels weird to me. I'm a huge Garrus fan, but I love everybody! c: [img]http://static.tumblr.com/kb2vbes/EsSm9igd9/garrusnod.gif[/img]
@Scarytier It plays… sort of like Fallout? 3rd person shooter, but a lot more eloquent. VERY story based. I recommend it wholeheartedly. Favorite game ever. Start from the first Mass Effect and play right through, because your choices in the first game will affect ME2, and then from there ME3. It's very in-depth! It's open world to an extent, but there is a story you're pursuing as well.

@Death @Khazarian Nice to meet ya, fellow Sheps! I'm a Renegade Vanguard femshep, but currently doing a…somewhat paragon play through. It feels weird to me.

I'm a huge Garrus fan, but I love everybody! c:
garrusnod.gif
Current Project A: BORDERLANDS! Got some brights for sale/trade? Shoot me a message, son!
/WUB WUB/
Current Project B: MASS EFFECT! I'm shooting for the stars with this one. Dragons for the team, planets, and the Normandy herself! Let's talk breeding programs.
[center]@Death OH OH hmmm... Javik, Thane, Mordin (cried in the third game because of him) DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY TIMES I CRIED IN THE THIRD GAME?! Especially coz everyone I love just has bad times... all the bad times.... haha! @delicatestarfish I'm always Paragon (Can never be evil in video games, I feel like Karma points count even in games LOL) and I do love me some strong lady characters so I love me some Femsheps. I tried being renegade once... I turned off my xbox and didn't play for a good few months so... so yup... yup..... And yes Garrus is another amazing character! see that's one great thing about ME, their character builds (Personality, character arch... etc) are just spectacular! This though... [img]http://img0.joyreactor.cc/pics/post/%D1%84%D1%8D%D0%BD%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%BC%D1%8B-Mass-Effect-%D0%98%D0%B3%D1%80%D1%8B-EDI-816801.gif[/img][/center]
@Death
OH OH hmmm... Javik, Thane, Mordin (cried in the third game because of him)
DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY TIMES I CRIED IN THE THIRD GAME?!
Especially coz everyone I love just
has bad times...
all the bad times.... haha!

@delicatestarfish
I'm always Paragon (Can never be evil in video games, I feel like Karma points count even in games LOL) and I do love me some strong lady characters so I love me some Femsheps.
I tried being renegade once... I turned off my xbox and didn't play for a good few months so... so yup... yup.....
And yes Garrus is another amazing character!
see that's one great thing about ME, their character builds (Personality, character arch... etc) are just spectacular!

This though...
%D1%84%D1%8D%D0%BD%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%BC%D1%8B-Mass-Effect-%D0%98%D0%B3%D1%80%D1%8B-EDI-816801.gif
delsious1.png
@Khazarian I totally get it. There were some points in my Renegade play that were really hard to sit through. Aka, Legion, Mordin, and ohhh my god Wrex in ME3? I was a MESS. Even recruiting Morinth had me screaming. I based my Shep off of a villain character in my superhero comic though so it made it a little easier to be bad. A little bit…

EDI is my queen I love her xD
@Khazarian I totally get it. There were some points in my Renegade play that were really hard to sit through. Aka, Legion, Mordin, and ohhh my god Wrex in ME3? I was a MESS. Even recruiting Morinth had me screaming. I based my Shep off of a villain character in my superhero comic though so it made it a little easier to be bad. A little bit…

EDI is my queen I love her xD
/WUB WUB/
[center]@DelicateStarfish LOL I sided with Samara so hard against her daughter the basing thing does sound like it would make it easier XD (WHAT HAPPENS TO WREX?!) Nothing happened to him in mine except he got a wife and kiddy? XD and Legion didn't die either in mine it was just Mordin and Thane (like the two you can't help) PS I see your dragon projects, here's the one I did: Legend of Zelda Triforce trio Link [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1670365] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/16704/1670365_350.png[/img] [/url] Ganondorf [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1425418] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/14255/1425418_350.png[/img] [/url] Zelda [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=939797] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/9398/939797_350.png[/img] [/url] Thought you might enjoy them :D[/center]
@DelicateStarfish
LOL I sided with Samara so hard against her daughter
the basing thing does sound like it would make it easier XD
(WHAT HAPPENS TO WREX?!) Nothing happened to him in mine except he got a wife and kiddy? XD and Legion didn't die either in mine it was just Mordin and Thane (like the two you can't help)

PS
I see your dragon projects, here's the one I did:
Legend of Zelda Triforce trio

Link

1670365_350.png

Ganondorf

1425418_350.png

Zelda

939797_350.png

Thought you might enjoy them :D
delsious1.png
@delicatestarfish, I played paragon infiltrator all the way [s](to candy mountain)[/s]. And while it was fun, when I used save edit so I could try out playing Vanguard on my second playthrough I was giddy with the vanguard powersss. HEADBUTTING BRUTES LIKE WHAT UP?? I can't seem to do renegade Shepard because I've always seen him as this nice, awkward soldier who fails sooooo bad at dancing ("PARTY HARD!")-dude for so long that I just can't. My alignment does not want. @Khazarian, I never cried, but I do feel the need to just-- screeching. But, yes. Javik (and Legion). Once I got him, I just couldn't go on a mission without him. [img]http://media.tumblr.com/f152fbcbb22fe02874b212b0ab9f30ef/tumblr_inline_mjrvde7vPS1qm065g.gif[/img]
@delicatestarfish,
I played paragon infiltrator all the way (to candy mountain).

And while it was fun, when I used save edit so I could try out playing Vanguard on my second playthrough I was giddy with the vanguard powersss. HEADBUTTING BRUTES LIKE WHAT UP??

I can't seem to do renegade Shepard because I've always seen him as this nice, awkward soldier who fails sooooo bad at dancing ("PARTY HARD!")-dude for so long that I just can't. My alignment does not want.

@Khazarian,
I never cried, but I do feel the need to just--
screeching.

But, yes. Javik (and Legion). Once I got him, I just couldn't go on a mission without him.
tumblr_inline_mjrvde7vPS1qm065g.gif
im340p.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7