Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Harvest Moon, anyone?
1 2 3 4 5
Ah memories! My first harvest moon was more friends of mineral town and I think the main reason I got it back then was because it had a horse in it. I once stayed up til 2am on a school night playing it.
I also played the DS one but I never got too far in it and I am currently playing a tale of two towns for the 3DS.

I also loved the rune factory series
Ah memories! My first harvest moon was more friends of mineral town and I think the main reason I got it back then was because it had a horse in it. I once stayed up til 2am on a school night playing it.
I also played the DS one but I never got too far in it and I am currently playing a tale of two towns for the 3DS.

I also loved the rune factory series
Let's see my first Harvest Moon game was Harvest Moon 64 and it continues to be my favorite. I try to keep up with all the new releases but i am quite broke. Really want to get my hands on Runefactory as well.
Let's see my first Harvest Moon game was Harvest Moon 64 and it continues to be my favorite. I try to keep up with all the new releases but i am quite broke. Really want to get my hands on Runefactory as well.
JwgDmoi.png
By. my friend RD
My Hatchery | Furvilla
Harvest Moon!!!!!!! Literally my favourite game series!!!!!!
I can't wait for the new one!! And I (embarrassing to admit) just picked up Tree of Tranquility for the first time. Never had a Wii but finally got one to play the only Harvest Moon games I've missed :3

Oh man I could go on and on about Harvest Moon u____u
Harvest Moon!!!!!!! Literally my favourite game series!!!!!!
I can't wait for the new one!! And I (embarrassing to admit) just picked up Tree of Tranquility for the first time. Never had a Wii but finally got one to play the only Harvest Moon games I've missed :3

Oh man I could go on and on about Harvest Moon u____u
Oh goodness I'm glad to have found this thread ;v;
Well I've been a HM fan since "A Wonderful Life" for gamecube,
then I bought the special edition of the same game for ps2.
After that I've played all the DS games (except the newest one), but
I haven't touched any of the Wii ones since I don't own that console.

I'd say my favorite would be...A wonderful life, I suppose it's just really
important to me uvu

Rune Factory is probably my favorite series, and I'd say I love it a little
more than the main series. So far the 3rd one is my favorite, although
I haven't played the 4th.

@TigressMin : Ah hello there, I believe you are from CS as well?
Nice to see a fellow harvest moon fan from there too

I'd like to hear about everyone's favorite marriage candidates as well
if possible!
Oh goodness I'm glad to have found this thread ;v;
Well I've been a HM fan since "A Wonderful Life" for gamecube,
then I bought the special edition of the same game for ps2.
After that I've played all the DS games (except the newest one), but
I haven't touched any of the Wii ones since I don't own that console.

I'd say my favorite would be...A wonderful life, I suppose it's just really
important to me uvu

Rune Factory is probably my favorite series, and I'd say I love it a little
more than the main series. So far the 3rd one is my favorite, although
I haven't played the 4th.

@TigressMin : Ah hello there, I believe you are from CS as well?
Nice to see a fellow harvest moon fan from there too

I'd like to hear about everyone's favorite marriage candidates as well
if possible!
The only one I have ever played was a wonderful life , and I absolutely adored it. When I was little I borrowed it from blockbuster every chance I could get. Actually last summr I ended up owning my own game cube from a garage sale! As soon as I could I bought wonderful life (and Luigis mansion).SO now I can happily play whenever I have a craving~
The only one I have ever played was a wonderful life , and I absolutely adored it. When I was little I borrowed it from blockbuster every chance I could get. Actually last summr I ended up owning my own game cube from a garage sale! As soon as I could I bought wonderful life (and Luigis mansion).SO now I can happily play whenever I have a craving~
They/Them
I first played a -ahem-rom-ahem- of the N64 game when I was like 7 or so, and I fell. utterly. in. love. Then I got the SNES 'r' and it was pretty great but I don't remember much about it from that age.

Around 11 I got the HM:GB3/HM:GBC 2 and oops I was addicted. And happened upon HM:GB and HM:GBC / HM:GB2 and that was the start of an expensive addiction. I've since picked up FoMT (which is probably my favorite graphic style, but I never "finished" it because I keep restarting oops), A(nother) Wonderful Life (also never finished/got very far in because HANDHELD HM WAS MORE IMPORTANT GAIZ), Frantic Farming, I got HM: DS but haven't started it, I got the DS version of Two Towns but haven't gotten past the intro, and I 'acquired' MM and it's okaaaay if not quite a stark change of pace. I now have the SNES 'r' on my Samsung and I'm like thaaaat far away from a 100% game :D

I want New Beginning and the Connect to a New Land and all the other games I don't have. All of them. :|
I first played a -ahem-rom-ahem- of the N64 game when I was like 7 or so, and I fell. utterly. in. love. Then I got the SNES 'r' and it was pretty great but I don't remember much about it from that age.

Around 11 I got the HM:GB3/HM:GBC 2 and oops I was addicted. And happened upon HM:GB and HM:GBC / HM:GB2 and that was the start of an expensive addiction. I've since picked up FoMT (which is probably my favorite graphic style, but I never "finished" it because I keep restarting oops), A(nother) Wonderful Life (also never finished/got very far in because HANDHELD HM WAS MORE IMPORTANT GAIZ), Frantic Farming, I got HM: DS but haven't started it, I got the DS version of Two Towns but haven't gotten past the intro, and I 'acquired' MM and it's okaaaay if not quite a stark change of pace. I now have the SNES 'r' on my Samsung and I'm like thaaaat far away from a 100% game :D

I want New Beginning and the Connect to a New Land and all the other games I don't have. All of them. :|
shadowbadge_51014_zpsa06aab4a.png
@Crenzie
Indeed I am, and yes we had a thread on CS a long tim ago but it fell silent.

Karen was always my favorite in HM64, I don't know why I like the stubborn girls but also the fact she worked on the vineyard. I am also a big fan of Ann and Maria.

Outside of HM64 its been awhile since I played. Mostly because I'm playing it on an emulator and trying to get the "perfect" game where you accoumplish all the pictures and everyone is happy by the end of year 2. Its very challenging but enjoying it.

If anyone can reiview any of the newer games for the DS ad especially 3DS, I would greatly appreciate it. That is my next game goal, just waiting for used copies of them.
@Crenzie
Indeed I am, and yes we had a thread on CS a long tim ago but it fell silent.

Karen was always my favorite in HM64, I don't know why I like the stubborn girls but also the fact she worked on the vineyard. I am also a big fan of Ann and Maria.

Outside of HM64 its been awhile since I played. Mostly because I'm playing it on an emulator and trying to get the "perfect" game where you accoumplish all the pictures and everyone is happy by the end of year 2. Its very challenging but enjoying it.

If anyone can reiview any of the newer games for the DS ad especially 3DS, I would greatly appreciate it. That is my next game goal, just waiting for used copies of them.
JwgDmoi.png
By. my friend RD
My Hatchery | Furvilla
Seeing my actual name pop up gave me a start, I forgot there
was a Karen in HM64!
I kind of miss the variety of areas in the new games, it's mostly
just houses and shops right now, hopefully they'll bring back
more varied areas in the future.

My favorite marriage candidates would have to be Naomi from
A Wonderful Life and Cam from tale of two towns.
Tale of Two Towns has a pretty interesting story, I like going
between the two towns with my horse cart and doing errands
but it gets a little repetitive at times.
The thing with the DS versions is you have to get to a certain
point in the game before it gets entertaining,

I'd say out of the 3DS versions, I like Tale of Two Towns the best
but I haven't tried the two newer ones (New Beginnings and Connect to a new land)
(Rune Factory is literally the same thing but dungeons and monsters as well, it's
definitely worth a shot . 1 is bland, 2 is a little strange but has an extended
story , 3 is my personal favorite, and I haven't tried 4 yet.)

I tried HM DS Cute but I couldn't really get into it, uou
Seeing my actual name pop up gave me a start, I forgot there
was a Karen in HM64!
I kind of miss the variety of areas in the new games, it's mostly
just houses and shops right now, hopefully they'll bring back
more varied areas in the future.

My favorite marriage candidates would have to be Naomi from
A Wonderful Life and Cam from tale of two towns.
Tale of Two Towns has a pretty interesting story, I like going
between the two towns with my horse cart and doing errands
but it gets a little repetitive at times.
The thing with the DS versions is you have to get to a certain
point in the game before it gets entertaining,

I'd say out of the 3DS versions, I like Tale of Two Towns the best
but I haven't tried the two newer ones (New Beginnings and Connect to a new land)
(Rune Factory is literally the same thing but dungeons and monsters as well, it's
definitely worth a shot . 1 is bland, 2 is a little strange but has an extended
story , 3 is my personal favorite, and I haven't tried 4 yet.)

I tried HM DS Cute but I couldn't really get into it, uou
Oooh I always love hearing who people married in their games

Personally I really really like the Wizard from Animal Parade
but what I want to know is if the Witch Princess gets to be in 3938230 games, how come he only gets one :V

But anyway, I also really like Dylas and Xiao Pai from RF4, and Flora from the Forget-Me-Not Valley games. Even the ones you couldn't marry her in. Like she's just that cool.
Oooh I always love hearing who people married in their games

Personally I really really like the Wizard from Animal Parade
but what I want to know is if the Witch Princess gets to be in 3938230 games, how come he only gets one :V

But anyway, I also really like Dylas and Xiao Pai from RF4, and Flora from the Forget-Me-Not Valley games. Even the ones you couldn't marry her in. Like she's just that cool.
pumpkaboo.gif
Oh man. Harvest Moon. I remember writing a long Choose Your Own Adventure Story type of face fic about Karen back with the one for the 64 was released. These games have a special place in my heart, and I love playing each one of them. Though, admittedly, I've veered away from video games in general in my recent years, and have probably missed quite a few of the new releases!
Oh man. Harvest Moon. I remember writing a long Choose Your Own Adventure Story type of face fic about Karen back with the one for the 64 was released. These games have a special place in my heart, and I love playing each one of them. Though, admittedly, I've veered away from video games in general in my recent years, and have probably missed quite a few of the new releases!
1 2 3 4 5