Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Harvest Moon, anyone?
1 2 3 4 5
I didn't see a topic about Harvest Moon so I thought I'd make one :)

So who here likes the series?

My first game was A Wonderful Life and it's still one of my favorites. I never actually played it all the way through because I'd get bored by Chapter 3.... but i still love the game.

I think my second favorite would have to be (More)Friends of Mineral Town, mostly because I grew up with it too.

Annnnd I wasn't a huge fan of A New Beginning, but so far, I'm really looking forward to Connect to a New Land c:
I didn't see a topic about Harvest Moon so I thought I'd make one :)

So who here likes the series?

My first game was A Wonderful Life and it's still one of my favorites. I never actually played it all the way through because I'd get bored by Chapter 3.... but i still love the game.

I think my second favorite would have to be (More)Friends of Mineral Town, mostly because I grew up with it too.

Annnnd I wasn't a huge fan of A New Beginning, but so far, I'm really looking forward to Connect to a New Land c:
pumpkaboo.gif
played friends of mineral town when i was a kid, and currently regressing and bought A new beginning, finding it ok so far if not a huge slog to finish the first year (put it down once i found this site) and am stuck on summer.

connect to a new land? ill have to look it up, what platform will it be on?
played friends of mineral town when i was a kid, and currently regressing and bought A new beginning, finding it ok so far if not a huge slog to finish the first year (put it down once i found this site) and am stuck on summer.

connect to a new land? ill have to look it up, what platform will it be on?
@RogueLioness

Yeah, that was basically my biggest problem with ANB. And I find the scenery really unremarkable :(

Connect to New Land is gonna be for the 3DS! It was just released in Japan pretty recently I think.
@RogueLioness

Yeah, that was basically my biggest problem with ANB. And I find the scenery really unremarkable :(

Connect to New Land is gonna be for the 3DS! It was just released in Japan pretty recently I think.
pumpkaboo.gif
I did expect a lot more from the graphics too, the box art of the animals was so adorable to start with and then the town is just a mass of green space, which i understand you can fill out with all the editing options, but again its such a slog to get through that first year and open up the mines to make it worth wile.

i do hope the next one has made some improvements with utilising cuteness and the 3D
I did expect a lot more from the graphics too, the box art of the animals was so adorable to start with and then the town is just a mass of green space, which i understand you can fill out with all the editing options, but again its such a slog to get through that first year and open up the mines to make it worth wile.

i do hope the next one has made some improvements with utilising cuteness and the 3D
The first Harvest Moon game I played was FoMT, and I have so many fond memories of that game, as glitchy as it was. I've never gotten much further than being married in any of the games, but I still love them nonetheless. I'm really excited for the upcoming game!
The first Harvest Moon game I played was FoMT, and I have so many fond memories of that game, as glitchy as it was. I've never gotten much further than being married in any of the games, but I still love them nonetheless. I'm really excited for the upcoming game!
My first was Harvest Moon DS, I don't know if it has any special title in America, but here it didn't have anything after it apart from the DS. I still play it now, i've had this save for years!
My first was Harvest Moon DS, I don't know if it has any special title in America, but here it didn't have anything after it apart from the DS. I still play it now, i've had this save for years!
image.png
23 l she/they l FR+8 l UK
bYt72YT.png5ouR6ge.png
tyEuRXe.pngq3Me7tJ.png
image.png
My first was the Tale of Two Towns port to 3DS and I was unimpressed because they didn't do a good job of porting it, even though it was coming from the DS. Also, I didn't know the mechanisms of the games, so I was like "what do".

ANB, I really liked even though I felt the world was pretty small and it was definitely no Animal Crossing. I actually 'finished the game' and then accidentally overwrote the save and stopped playing it. D:

Is there a new one coming for the 3DS? I'm excited and I know nothing about it! :D
My first was the Tale of Two Towns port to 3DS and I was unimpressed because they didn't do a good job of porting it, even though it was coming from the DS. Also, I didn't know the mechanisms of the games, so I was like "what do".

ANB, I really liked even though I felt the world was pretty small and it was definitely no Animal Crossing. I actually 'finished the game' and then accidentally overwrote the save and stopped playing it. D:

Is there a new one coming for the 3DS? I'm excited and I know nothing about it! :D
2uequ68.jpg
Flight Rising Time +2
The first Harvest Moon game I played was Harvest Moon DS... I really loved it, and I'm planning on buying some of the 3DS games
The first Harvest Moon game I played was Harvest Moon DS... I really loved it, and I'm planning on buying some of the 3DS games
Harvest Moon DS was my first... Kind of wanna play it again now...

Also have Magical Melody. Fun game! But HM is better suited to portable consoles, imo.
Harvest Moon DS was my first... Kind of wanna play it again now...

Also have Magical Melody. Fun game! But HM is better suited to portable consoles, imo.
I've been a Harvest Moon fan since it was out on the PS2 came out. I randomly grabbed it thinking it was just something to pass the time. Which it did, since by then it was on the DS and long car rides were never a problem again.

But I really started off with HM: Boy & Girl, but my favorites do include Island of Happiness, Grand Bazaar and...

A New Beginning. I got to year 4 before I started driving myself crazy with getting every single recipe, and fragments...
I've been a Harvest Moon fan since it was out on the PS2 came out. I randomly grabbed it thinking it was just something to pass the time. Which it did, since by then it was on the DS and long car rides were never a problem again.

But I really started off with HM: Boy & Girl, but my favorites do include Island of Happiness, Grand Bazaar and...

A New Beginning. I got to year 4 before I started driving myself crazy with getting every single recipe, and fragments...
emVSLIq.png
I have my own website for things I've made!
SquishyPanda
1 2 3 4 5