Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Check out my gorgeous dragon
1 2
[img]http://25.media.tumblr.com/ca31dfdeaa23f8a3d2e28eeecbfc7932/tumblr_n3bm5yg1hH1qe6p9xo1_500.jpg[/img] He's precious. And growing like a weed (seriously he's a gram heavier today than he was yesterday. And he's shedding again after just finishing like 5 days ago). Anyway, wanna show me your RL dragons? (Or any scaly friend really I wanna see some herp love).
tumblr_n3bm5yg1hH1qe6p9xo1_500.jpg
He's precious.
And growing like a weed (seriously he's a gram heavier today than he was yesterday. And he's shedding again after just finishing like 5 days ago).

Anyway, wanna show me your RL dragons? (Or any scaly friend really I wanna see some herp love).
@Nightcrawler What a cute little dragon you have there looking all majestic! I see he is a huge fan of Spider man, ahaha. When did you get the little guy? :) I don't have any dragons living with me but I do have three other scaly friends: Safiya [img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z217/Kissafani/Safi-2.jpg[/img] Khepri [img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z217/Kissafani/KhepriampSolana003_zps61245432.jpg[/img] ..and Solana [img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z217/Kissafani/Solana1v4kk_zps8d7105b5.jpg[/img] I'm hoping to inhabit a tokay gecko and a blue-tongued skink as well somewhere in the future but nothing is sure at this point yet.
@Nightcrawler

What a cute little dragon you have there looking all majestic! I see he is a huge fan of Spider man, ahaha. When did you get the little guy? :)

I don't have any dragons living with me but I do have three other scaly friends:

Safiya
Safi-2.jpg

Khepri
KhepriampSolana003_zps61245432.jpg

..and Solana
Solana1v4kk_zps8d7105b5.jpg

I'm hoping to inhabit a tokay gecko and a blue-tongued skink as well somewhere in the future but nothing is sure at this point yet.
PWSZq63.pngN5Fffyx.pngwX6kcXO.png
[img]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2014/051/a/a/blue_tongue_skink_by_scarlit_of_aurora-d6gle50.jpg[/img] Sorry, big picture. This is my blue tongue skink. He's around 3-4 years old now. Grumpiest lizard when you wake him up but he can be sweet and just sleep on your shoulder. Loves to go outside on the deck. I'm tempted to increase my reptilian family, but I already have to many fishtanks, a parrot, a dog, and two cats. Living with enough now haha Always thought about getting a beardie but I don't have the space right now. Or a snake. ALwyas wanted a snake. Just can't afford buying the food plus mom wouldn't like mice and such in the freezer lol
blue_tongue_skink_by_scarlit_of_aurora-d6gle50.jpg
Sorry, big picture.
This is my blue tongue skink. He's around 3-4 years old now. Grumpiest lizard when you wake him up but he can be sweet and just sleep on your shoulder. Loves to go outside on the deck. I'm tempted to increase my reptilian family, but I already have to many fishtanks, a parrot, a dog, and two cats. Living with enough now haha
Always thought about getting a beardie but I don't have the space right now. Or a snake. ALwyas wanted a snake. Just can't afford buying the food plus mom wouldn't like mice and such in the freezer lol
banner_by_scarlit_of_aurora-d68nxtf.png
THEY'RE ALL SO PRETTY! @Nightcrawler is he a translucent? Are you SURE he's a boy? (I have two beardies myself and wasn't able to tell mine was male until he was about 5 months old. They shed like crazy for the first months, it's literally every other week 8D So glad to see you're using fluorescent instead of coils. Coil bulb was the direct cause of my poor guy losing his right eye. :( lol I just so happened to have just made a similar board myself xD Here's my two (when they were 7ish months old?) [img]http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l590/drappo/PigNCordiBabies_zps9e13d511.jpg[/img] The red one is my boy, Pig. The gold one is Cordelia (female).
THEY'RE ALL SO PRETTY!

@Nightcrawler is he a translucent? Are you SURE he's a boy? (I have two beardies myself and wasn't able to tell mine was male until he was about 5 months old.
They shed like crazy for the first months, it's literally every other week 8D

So glad to see you're using fluorescent instead of coils. Coil bulb was the direct cause of my poor guy losing his right eye. :(

lol I just so happened to have just made a similar board myself xD
Here's my two (when they were 7ish months old?)
PigNCordiBabies_zps9e13d511.jpg
The red one is my boy, Pig. The gold one is Cordelia (female).
@Safikei: I got him about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Aww your little geckos are so cute. They look like they're smiling.

@Scarlit: Aww he looks pretty grumpy in that picture. And that is quite a menagerie. Sounds like there's never a dull moment.

@Oszs: Your guess is as good as mine in terms of morph/color aha. I adopted him from the PetSmart I work at (can't tell from the picture but he had a bit of his tail chomped by another dragon). Not sure on his gender, just been calling him a boy, haha. Might end up surprising me. I made sure to get a ReptiSun 10.0 just because everywhere I read, people were saying that that was the only kind they trusted and I've seen horror stories involving beardies with MBD. Gotta make sure he gets all dat calcium.
Poor little guy :C I knew coils could cause all sorts of eye problems, but I don't think I had heard of a dragon losing an eye thanks to one. How old are yours now?
@Safikei: I got him about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Aww your little geckos are so cute. They look like they're smiling.

@Scarlit: Aww he looks pretty grumpy in that picture. And that is quite a menagerie. Sounds like there's never a dull moment.

@Oszs: Your guess is as good as mine in terms of morph/color aha. I adopted him from the PetSmart I work at (can't tell from the picture but he had a bit of his tail chomped by another dragon). Not sure on his gender, just been calling him a boy, haha. Might end up surprising me. I made sure to get a ReptiSun 10.0 just because everywhere I read, people were saying that that was the only kind they trusted and I've seen horror stories involving beardies with MBD. Gotta make sure he gets all dat calcium.
Poor little guy :C I knew coils could cause all sorts of eye problems, but I don't think I had heard of a dragon losing an eye thanks to one. How old are yours now?
By lose I mean he's lost the use of it. It became sunken and blind. I was new to beardies when I got mine and didn't know any better (that's what I get for letting someone else make the decisions *cough cough*). I had actually wanted to use shelf liner and get a florescent hood, but my boyfriend insisted on sand and the coil... needless to say, the 4-time lizard owner should have trusted her instincts. (it's me. I should have trusted me.)
They both have PROPER habitats now. And when it came time for Pig to get his own cage (breeding season) I got what *I* wanted ;3
They say hindsight's 20/20 :P

Thankfully we found out fast enough before more damage was done, but his right eye was damaged beyond repair.
I've done a bajillion hours of research since I've gotten mine, if you need any help let me know!

I got both mine at the same time, but I think the female is slightly older, she was always larger than him as babies and used to bully him a little (sitting on him, running him over) but out grew that when they got to be about 6 months old. They're just under a year old now, about 10-11 months.

Oddly enough, I also got mine at a PetSmart (although maybe not so weird, being as it's a huge chain?) xD
By lose I mean he's lost the use of it. It became sunken and blind. I was new to beardies when I got mine and didn't know any better (that's what I get for letting someone else make the decisions *cough cough*). I had actually wanted to use shelf liner and get a florescent hood, but my boyfriend insisted on sand and the coil... needless to say, the 4-time lizard owner should have trusted her instincts. (it's me. I should have trusted me.)
They both have PROPER habitats now. And when it came time for Pig to get his own cage (breeding season) I got what *I* wanted ;3
They say hindsight's 20/20 :P

Thankfully we found out fast enough before more damage was done, but his right eye was damaged beyond repair.
I've done a bajillion hours of research since I've gotten mine, if you need any help let me know!

I got both mine at the same time, but I think the female is slightly older, she was always larger than him as babies and used to bully him a little (sitting on him, running him over) but out grew that when they got to be about 6 months old. They're just under a year old now, about 10-11 months.

Oddly enough, I also got mine at a PetSmart (although maybe not so weird, being as it's a huge chain?) xD
@Nightcrawler
D'aaw.. He is so small! I bet he will turn out to be a cutie when he grows up. :) And thank you! They do always look as if they were smiling, ahaha. It's nice to wake up to a trio of smiley faces. Brightens up a grey day!
@Nightcrawler
D'aaw.. He is so small! I bet he will turn out to be a cutie when he grows up. :) And thank you! They do always look as if they were smiling, ahaha. It's nice to wake up to a trio of smiley faces. Brightens up a grey day!
@Oszs
Oh my, your beardies are gorgeous! :3

@Nightcrawler
Yea, definitely not a dull moment. Cats chasing each other, bird yelling, and the dog running around after the cats makes it an active household at times haha
Another reason my bluey is the best. Just a pain when I let him out to stretch his legs. I have to crawl on the floor with him to make sure I don't lose tract of him since he loves to find all those tiny places hide and tries to eat anything.
He has gotten himself stuck in a cd rack before. Took my eyes off of him for a second and looked back and was like uh-oh! Luckily he wiggled his way out.
@Oszs
Oh my, your beardies are gorgeous! :3

@Nightcrawler
Yea, definitely not a dull moment. Cats chasing each other, bird yelling, and the dog running around after the cats makes it an active household at times haha
Another reason my bluey is the best. Just a pain when I let him out to stretch his legs. I have to crawl on the floor with him to make sure I don't lose tract of him since he loves to find all those tiny places hide and tries to eat anything.
He has gotten himself stuck in a cd rack before. Took my eyes off of him for a second and looked back and was like uh-oh! Luckily he wiggled his way out.
banner_by_scarlit_of_aurora-d68nxtf.png
@Scarlit thank you! Your Skink and @Safikei 's gecko are really beautiful. I love love love reptiles, people who've never owned one don't understand that they're not so different from a cat. My beardie doesn't scream in fury whenever I feel like trying to hold him lol
What's his name?
@Scarlit thank you! Your Skink and @Safikei 's gecko are really beautiful. I love love love reptiles, people who've never owned one don't understand that they're not so different from a cat. My beardie doesn't scream in fury whenever I feel like trying to hold him lol
What's his name?
@Oszs
Thank you! Your beardies are very lovely as well! :D

I agree with what you said. It's silly how people still have all kinds of different stereotypes towards reptiles even though it's very easy to get information from the Internet or from other people. When I told my mother over 6 years ago that I would be getting a leopard gecko, her first words were that they are slimy and that she would not be touching them no matter what, and now look at her; She loves each and every one of my geckos and likes to hold them and let them run around on her lap. I still like to tease her about it, ahaha.
@Oszs
Thank you! Your beardies are very lovely as well! :D

I agree with what you said. It's silly how people still have all kinds of different stereotypes towards reptiles even though it's very easy to get information from the Internet or from other people. When I told my mother over 6 years ago that I would be getting a leopard gecko, her first words were that they are slimy and that she would not be touching them no matter what, and now look at her; She loves each and every one of my geckos and likes to hold them and let them run around on her lap. I still like to tease her about it, ahaha.
1 2