Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Coliseum Grinding/Exalting Guide
1 2 ... 107 108 109 110 111 ... 120 121
Im new but still having a really hard time understanding how this works and how to farm and actually make profit off of the coliseum while having fun. my dragons are level 5 already ( it took forever just to get them there) and they still get killed after a while while doing the level after beginners. I only get food and trinkets, nothing worth value. Im doing what I understand and its still sucking. is there like..a guide that explains this stuff better but dumbed down for people like me who are kinda stupid and apparently find games like these hard to grasp
Im new but still having a really hard time understanding how this works and how to farm and actually make profit off of the coliseum while having fun. my dragons are level 5 already ( it took forever just to get them there) and they still get killed after a while while doing the level after beginners. I only get food and trinkets, nothing worth value. Im doing what I understand and its still sucking. is there like..a guide that explains this stuff better but dumbed down for people like me who are kinda stupid and apparently find games like these hard to grasp
tumblr_inline_n51c5lRQg41r4n64i.gif
@DoctorCharhart - Hello, and welcome to Flight Rising!

Well, first of all, the stats of your dragons are wrong, I'm afraid. Even at level 5 that's going to start giving you some problems. You need to follow the suggested build in either this guide or another one - the Coliseum rewards very specialized builds and punishes jack-of-all-trade builds. It's just one of those annoying things we live with!

I would suggest starting over with three other adults and carefully following the stat build in section 1.3.1 Stat Distribution. You can fix your original dragons later, when you have more money, with a Tincture of Dissolution, which costs 30k in the Marketplace.

You won't make much money at first. You need to get your dragons high enough level they can quickly kill monsters. You can start farming around level 10 or so, though higher is usually better. Then, you go to lower level areas and kill as fast as possible. You'll want to be able to kill a monster in one hit - either a single Scratch, or a single Eliminate. You then sell all those trinkets from your hoard (unless they're used in Swipp Trades, in which case you can try to sell them in the auction house) and all the food in the auction house. That will let you make a decent amount of money. If you get your dragons up to level 25, you can start leveling other dragons to exalt, too, but that's a long term goal. Right now, focus on getting your team up a bit, and saving enough money to get some Eliminates from the auction house.

I hope that helps! There are a few other guides that explain the same info, you can look for them in the Guide forum, there's a post stickied at the top that links to a bunch of useful posts.

Edit: Also, I forgot to mention that your flight might have high level dragons that they're willing to loan to new players. You might want to see if you could borrow some to better understand how the Coliseum works.
@DoctorCharhart - Hello, and welcome to Flight Rising!

Well, first of all, the stats of your dragons are wrong, I'm afraid. Even at level 5 that's going to start giving you some problems. You need to follow the suggested build in either this guide or another one - the Coliseum rewards very specialized builds and punishes jack-of-all-trade builds. It's just one of those annoying things we live with!

I would suggest starting over with three other adults and carefully following the stat build in section 1.3.1 Stat Distribution. You can fix your original dragons later, when you have more money, with a Tincture of Dissolution, which costs 30k in the Marketplace.

You won't make much money at first. You need to get your dragons high enough level they can quickly kill monsters. You can start farming around level 10 or so, though higher is usually better. Then, you go to lower level areas and kill as fast as possible. You'll want to be able to kill a monster in one hit - either a single Scratch, or a single Eliminate. You then sell all those trinkets from your hoard (unless they're used in Swipp Trades, in which case you can try to sell them in the auction house) and all the food in the auction house. That will let you make a decent amount of money. If you get your dragons up to level 25, you can start leveling other dragons to exalt, too, but that's a long term goal. Right now, focus on getting your team up a bit, and saving enough money to get some Eliminates from the auction house.

I hope that helps! There are a few other guides that explain the same info, you can look for them in the Guide forum, there's a post stickied at the top that links to a bunch of useful posts.

Edit: Also, I forgot to mention that your flight might have high level dragons that they're willing to loan to new players. You might want to see if you could borrow some to better understand how the Coliseum works.
thank you
thank you
@DoctorCharhart [quote]I got brand new level one dragons with the scratch and shred, so when they level just spend the points on 4 strength, 2 quick and 1 vitality every time and Im good for farming?[/quote] This is correct! Unfortunately, the Coliseum isn't very balanced, so the only really good way to farm and find lots of items and familiars is by trying to end each battle in as few moves as possible; we do this by getting our dragons to be very strong and fast, like, literally (all the stat points in Strength and Quickness, whatever is left goes to Vitality). This was found through trial and error by several users; defensive dragons are only really used for User vs User battles (but few people do those, since they are just for fun and don't yield items like User vs Monsters), and magic-oriented dragons are only useful when fighting in the very highest level venues (and even there, you can get away with using Fighter dragons instead once you've learned how to predict Monster behavior). Unlike other RPGs, you don't go for the Healers/Mages enemies first; you go for the Physical enemies first; and the game doesn't truly reward anything other than hitting hard, and hitting fast, so we don't even use the vast majority of Battle stones available. This miiight change in the future, though, [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/1997801]since the admins have given us previews of an upcoming Coliseum rewrite.[/url] Berserker stones are battle stones that add a few extra points to Strength and Quickness to the dragon that has them equipped. Unlike stones like Scratch and Shred, they work passively; that is, they work automatically and don't give your dragons any new special attacks. They're just there to squeeze a bit more speed and strength from your dragon. [b]edit: [/b]They can only be used by a dragon that has reached level 17, though, so you are not in a hurry to get them. If you want tinctures and berserkers, I can send you some for free for 3 of your dragons, just let me know!
@DoctorCharhart
Quote:
I got brand new level one dragons with the scratch and shred, so when they level just spend the points on 4 strength, 2 quick and 1 vitality every time and Im good for farming?

This is correct!

Unfortunately, the Coliseum isn't very balanced, so the only really good way to farm and find lots of items and familiars is by trying to end each battle in as few moves as possible; we do this by getting our dragons to be very strong and fast, like, literally (all the stat points in Strength and Quickness, whatever is left goes to Vitality).

This was found through trial and error by several users; defensive dragons are only really used for User vs User battles (but few people do those, since they are just for fun and don't yield items like User vs Monsters), and magic-oriented dragons are only useful when fighting in the very highest level venues (and even there, you can get away with using Fighter dragons instead once you've learned how to predict Monster behavior).

Unlike other RPGs, you don't go for the Healers/Mages enemies first; you go for the Physical enemies first; and the game doesn't truly reward anything other than hitting hard, and hitting fast, so we don't even use the vast majority of Battle stones available.

This miiight change in the future, though, since the admins have given us previews of an upcoming Coliseum rewrite.

Berserker stones are battle stones that add a few extra points to Strength and Quickness to the dragon that has them equipped. Unlike stones like Scratch and Shred, they work passively; that is, they work automatically and don't give your dragons any new special attacks. They're just there to squeeze a bit more speed and strength from your dragon. edit: They can only be used by a dragon that has reached level 17, though, so you are not in a hurry to get them.

If you want tinctures and berserkers, I can send you some for free for 3 of your dragons, just let me know!
I got kinda frustrated and decided to maybe try and find a dragon thats already at the level needed for farming. like to buy or something
I got kinda frustrated and decided to maybe try and find a dragon thats already at the level needed for farming. like to buy or something
because when I got the new ones to level two I went to follow OP's guide and they didnt have enough points to copy the chart on the first page. so Im like...super confused
because when I got the new ones to level two I went to follow OP's guide and they didnt have enough points to copy the chart on the first page. so Im like...super confused
@DoctorCharhart That is another option; just keep in mind that level 25 dragons generally cost around 300 000 treasure, or more. As for this: [quote]because when I got the new ones to level two I went to follow OP's guide and they didnt have enough points to copy the chart on the first page. so Im like...super confused [/quote] I think I've found the reason for your problem: the numbers in that chart are for dragons that have already been tinctured. Dragons that haven't been tinctured have some stats that have like, 6, or 7 points. Using a Tincture of Dissolution automatically resets all of a dragon's stats to 5, freeing up a few more stat points for you to distribute.
@DoctorCharhart

That is another option; just keep in mind that level 25 dragons generally cost around 300 000 treasure, or more.

As for this:
Quote:

I think I've found the reason for your problem: the numbers in that chart are for dragons that have already been tinctured. Dragons that haven't been tinctured have some stats that have like, 6, or 7 points. Using a Tincture of Dissolution automatically resets all of a dragon's stats to 5, freeing up a few more stat points for you to distribute.
@skanti

ooooh now I see. thats why. would you really be willing to give three tinctures? that would be super nice if you did, they are kinda pricey I spent all the treasure I made already on having lots of dragons ^.^' theyre just so pretty. I dont have much to give in exchange but I can always give you a draggie if you like any of the ones Ive collected.
also thanks so much for the patience and help its appreciated greatly
@skanti

ooooh now I see. thats why. would you really be willing to give three tinctures? that would be super nice if you did, they are kinda pricey I spent all the treasure I made already on having lots of dragons ^.^' theyre just so pretty. I dont have much to give in exchange but I can always give you a draggie if you like any of the ones Ive collected.
also thanks so much for the patience and help its appreciated greatly
@DoctorCharhart

I've sent the items now in a Crossroads!

Other users helped me out a lot when I started the game, so I am paying it forward now that I've gathered enough things to do so. If you're having fun and enjoying playing Flight Rising then I consider that more than payment enough!
@DoctorCharhart

I've sent the items now in a Crossroads!

Other users helped me out a lot when I started the game, so I am paying it forward now that I've gathered enough things to do so. If you're having fun and enjoying playing Flight Rising then I consider that more than payment enough!
@skanti

youre so awesome thanks :3 the "how to train your dragon" guide seems to be more understanding to me, so I think I might follow that one, but Im still gunna go by that chart on the OP's first page
@skanti

youre so awesome thanks :3 the "how to train your dragon" guide seems to be more understanding to me, so I think I might follow that one, but Im still gunna go by that chart on the OP's first page
1 2 ... 107 108 109 110 111 ... 120 121