Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | art tips
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Doesn't matter how you draw this time:

You guys, drinking coffee or a high sugar drink isn't good while drawing; that thing's gonna make your hand vibrate or shake so much; idk why I didn't think that would even happen until now.
I just stoopy -_- bad idea tho.

Honestly, this is a half-joke, half self-reminder; my hand gets a bit twitchy :/
tip for twitchy hands though: you should try to just hold it with your other hand. I've done it a few times; kinda works, but idk
Doesn't matter how you draw this time:

You guys, drinking coffee or a high sugar drink isn't good while drawing; that thing's gonna make your hand vibrate or shake so much; idk why I didn't think that would even happen until now.
I just stoopy -_- bad idea tho.

Honestly, this is a half-joke, half self-reminder; my hand gets a bit twitchy :/
tip for twitchy hands though: you should try to just hold it with your other hand. I've done it a few times; kinda works, but idk
yo4X8PV.pngPsfjTx4.png

rM33C9P.png0304941-D-23-B9-407-C-925-C-1-A4-DDF7-D58-B6.gif
General digital art tip:

Try testing out new stuff now and then. You'd be surprised with what you come up with. I do it a lot with sketch pens, and find to see that some work pretty well :D

(ink-wise, not so much. . .still trying though)
General digital art tip:

Try testing out new stuff now and then. You'd be surprised with what you come up with. I do it a lot with sketch pens, and find to see that some work pretty well :D

(ink-wise, not so much. . .still trying though)
yo4X8PV.pngPsfjTx4.png

Digital art tip for whoever doesn't use that paper-addition thing:

Actual paper's really good for imitating a sketching feeling :0
I just tried it out on mine; I really like it better than the smooth feeling against my tablet. Work smarter, not harder guys :D

(A little silly, ik, but it feels really good to do; I'm very used to sketching traditionally, so it feels weird to use a tablet :/)
Digital art tip for whoever doesn't use that paper-addition thing:

Actual paper's really good for imitating a sketching feeling :0
I just tried it out on mine; I really like it better than the smooth feeling against my tablet. Work smarter, not harder guys :D

(A little silly, ik, but it feels really good to do; I'm very used to sketching traditionally, so it feels weird to use a tablet :/)
yo4X8PV.pngPsfjTx4.png

Coloring tip:

Just tried out coloring the outline a little. Definietly doing sthm wrong(probably) but doesn't look so bad. . .
Good opacity is around 50%.
Please remember to use Protect Alpha to make it easier :)
Coloring tip:

Just tried out coloring the outline a little. Definietly doing sthm wrong(probably) but doesn't look so bad. . .
Good opacity is around 50%.
Please remember to use Protect Alpha to make it easier :)
yo4X8PV.pngPsfjTx4.png

Medibang tip:

Currently, I just found out that you shouldn't save skins/accents on medibang. Those clipping layers and stuff stop working once you do, which sucks. I have no idea how to fix it, but I'll try something.

Better description of what happens: Anything you draw is automatically ontop of everything, including shading and ink. idk how to fix it yet :/

Edit: scratch that. the accent layer still works, but the others I added don't.

Another edit that I forgot to add: It's normal. It's just that the clipping layers don't clip to any layer below the "accent" one that's already provided :/
Medibang tip:

Currently, I just found out that you shouldn't save skins/accents on medibang. Those clipping layers and stuff stop working once you do, which sucks. I have no idea how to fix it, but I'll try something.

Better description of what happens: Anything you draw is automatically ontop of everything, including shading and ink. idk how to fix it yet :/

Edit: scratch that. the accent layer still works, but the others I added don't.

Another edit that I forgot to add: It's normal. It's just that the clipping layers don't clip to any layer below the "accent" one that's already provided :/
yo4X8PV.pngPsfjTx4.png

Medibang tip:

Medibang will let you make specific parts of Skin layers transparent thank goodness. Gimp and krita don't.
Medibang tip:

Medibang will let you make specific parts of Skin layers transparent thank goodness. Gimp and krita don't.
yo4X8PV.pngPsfjTx4.png

General art tip:

Whatever it's called on yours, "Correction" or something like that, don't use it for sketch layers. Just doesn't seem right, and looks a bit more exact to what it feels like you're drawing anyway if you don't.
Idk for anyone else though; I gotta put up with pen delay, which already makes drawing with it feel weird :/
General art tip:

Whatever it's called on yours, "Correction" or something like that, don't use it for sketch layers. Just doesn't seem right, and looks a bit more exact to what it feels like you're drawing anyway if you don't.
Idk for anyone else though; I gotta put up with pen delay, which already makes drawing with it feel weird :/
yo4X8PV.pngPsfjTx4.png

Digital art tip:

I forgot twice to add this one; please check in case transparency is on or off before you export stuff. I made that mistake a couple times with Medi, mostly since I thought it'd do it automatically like both Gimp and Krita do.
Digital art tip:

I forgot twice to add this one; please check in case transparency is on or off before you export stuff. I made that mistake a couple times with Medi, mostly since I thought it'd do it automatically like both Gimp and Krita do.
yo4X8PV.pngPsfjTx4.png

Medibang tip:

Medi has this thing where you can color "alpha" or whatever the transparency is called, right below the fore- and background colors. That can be used as an eraser with your pens or whatever you have selected, like a watercolor brush or sthm.

and it works only on the layer you're working on as well.(yesssss)
Medibang tip:

Medi has this thing where you can color "alpha" or whatever the transparency is called, right below the fore- and background colors. That can be used as an eraser with your pens or whatever you have selected, like a watercolor brush or sthm.

and it works only on the layer you're working on as well.(yesssss)
yo4X8PV.pngPsfjTx4.png

General digital tip:

Use the power of select and flipping pov, my friend. . .
No, really, it helps a lot. Idk why I don't use it very often, tbh.
General digital tip:

Use the power of select and flipping pov, my friend. . .
No, really, it helps a lot. Idk why I don't use it very often, tbh.
yo4X8PV.pngPsfjTx4.png

1 2 3 4 5 6 7