Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [TOOL] Super Lair SS V6.3 Dusthide
1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
@ChibiFluffy ahhh that makes sense! I do that too sometimes lol, thank you!
@ChibiFluffy ahhh that makes sense! I do that too sometimes lol, thank you!
Clove/Heart ~ he/they/she
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
friend rqs accepted ~ pings welcome
@ChibiFluffy Hello :) I love this sheet! there's some stuff I've been ignoring about my copy that I'm confused about, though. I think they're broken? I don't think I ever have messed with anything that wasn't the Data, Autofill, or the other safely editable tabs, which is why I'm so confused about how it looks. Here's a copy of the sheet so you can mess with it if you feel so inclined. Here's some things I'm confused about:

• For basically all of my listed colors, there's a little corner flag that says "Input must fall within specified range"? I think this also has to do with how in my Census tab, it's acting like I only have a few colors of dragons (I have many colors of dragons). One example for the census tab is how the value for Radioactive colors is 0, when I most definitely have an XXX radioactive wildclaw.
  • The lengths, wingspans, and weights aren't listing in the census tab? Not sure what's causing that. I think this is also affecting the "Odds and Ends" section that I'm now noticing. That data most definitely isn't correct.
  • This could just be me, but the numbers on the food calculator don't feel right. I haven't had the change to actually test that though, so I could just be mathing wrong and it could be correct.(Also though, I just don't understand what the "Feeding Order" section is trying to communicate... is it who eats first? Does red mean what it's more inclined to eat? That's probably the case, but looking at it just makes my head hurt. I guess I'm just a little too autistic for that particular graph, lol.)

That's everything I can think of right now, but I'm also trying to not ramble super hard, so don't be surprised if you find anything else weird! Honestly the things that aren't working well aren't actually things I use necessarily, it would just be way cooler if they worked for me lol! Big props for even maintaining this thing. I've only just gotten into learning excel, I'd consider myself an excel wizarding apprentice. :3c

(P.S. Also a lot of dragons' hibernal data seems to be a bit broken, but I assume that's cause I need to update them, right? I do know I've been reflecting my FR lair hibden migration by just changing all those values from N to Y in the data tab. Should I instead be copying the data with the autofiller again?)
@ChibiFluffy Hello :) I love this sheet! there's some stuff I've been ignoring about my copy that I'm confused about, though. I think they're broken? I don't think I ever have messed with anything that wasn't the Data, Autofill, or the other safely editable tabs, which is why I'm so confused about how it looks. Here's a copy of the sheet so you can mess with it if you feel so inclined. Here's some things I'm confused about:

• For basically all of my listed colors, there's a little corner flag that says "Input must fall within specified range"? I think this also has to do with how in my Census tab, it's acting like I only have a few colors of dragons (I have many colors of dragons). One example for the census tab is how the value for Radioactive colors is 0, when I most definitely have an XXX radioactive wildclaw.
  • The lengths, wingspans, and weights aren't listing in the census tab? Not sure what's causing that. I think this is also affecting the "Odds and Ends" section that I'm now noticing. That data most definitely isn't correct.
  • This could just be me, but the numbers on the food calculator don't feel right. I haven't had the change to actually test that though, so I could just be mathing wrong and it could be correct.(Also though, I just don't understand what the "Feeding Order" section is trying to communicate... is it who eats first? Does red mean what it's more inclined to eat? That's probably the case, but looking at it just makes my head hurt. I guess I'm just a little too autistic for that particular graph, lol.)

That's everything I can think of right now, but I'm also trying to not ramble super hard, so don't be surprised if you find anything else weird! Honestly the things that aren't working well aren't actually things I use necessarily, it would just be way cooler if they worked for me lol! Big props for even maintaining this thing. I've only just gotten into learning excel, I'd consider myself an excel wizarding apprentice. :3c

(P.S. Also a lot of dragons' hibernal data seems to be a bit broken, but I assume that's cause I need to update them, right? I do know I've been reflecting my FR lair hibden migration by just changing all those values from N to Y in the data tab. Should I instead be copying the data with the autofiller again?)
SqnIrhs.png __2BBvY.gif
PRzJZ.gif
YFuOvu8.png 9QUfWsj.png dino-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif Celeana.gif
@uwa I'm happy to help out!

For the Colors not being right, I think it might be your browser doing it, when I (on Firefox) was looking at how my copy of a dragon happens there are no spaces happening after the color, but for some reason they were happening on yours.
Trying to figure it out made me notice that for some reason scry links are not working as they should so I'll be making a correction to that (they are not adding genes for some reason)

For Dragon sizes,, the formatting of the data in the data tab wasn't set to NUMBER (with decimal), that is why it wasn't showing up in the census.

I have no idea really how the food calculator works, I just add the new breeds to the end of the list. I would need to check if a new update of the original was made...
The feeding order means that if you feed (example) all the dragons insects, and you don't have enough for all the dragons that eat insects, It will first start with dragons that prefer to eat insects in the order of the list : Fae first, Sandsurge last

EDIT: yes you do need to update the info manually for the date of hibernation for it to work out (also make sure the formatting of the dates are right)
@uwa I'm happy to help out!

For the Colors not being right, I think it might be your browser doing it, when I (on Firefox) was looking at how my copy of a dragon happens there are no spaces happening after the color, but for some reason they were happening on yours.
Trying to figure it out made me notice that for some reason scry links are not working as they should so I'll be making a correction to that (they are not adding genes for some reason)

For Dragon sizes,, the formatting of the data in the data tab wasn't set to NUMBER (with decimal), that is why it wasn't showing up in the census.

I have no idea really how the food calculator works, I just add the new breeds to the end of the list. I would need to check if a new update of the original was made...
The feeding order means that if you feed (example) all the dragons insects, and you don't have enough for all the dragons that eat insects, It will first start with dragons that prefer to eat insects in the order of the list : Fae first, Sandsurge last

EDIT: yes you do need to update the info manually for the date of hibernation for it to work out (also make sure the formatting of the dates are right)
....hSza.gif
mlHpBMC.png
KXqgAVm.png
5hF3FGk.png
D27EEGQ.png lGZCiFv.pngLeGrsom.png
@ChibiFluffy Oh my gosh thank you this helped a whole lot :D!!

I don't know why my browser does that (it's chrome), but I've discovered I can just fix them manually which is what I'll start doing for new additions! The NUMBER stuff also worked! (Of course it did, it's literally written right there to redo those when you add new dragons, I guess I just didn't care enough yet to figure it out lol??) I was a little confused on formatting for numbers with no decimal, but I found out it's a custom format for me, interesting!

I'll try to remember to check the feeding rates properly, lol. Also thank you for affirming the thing about the hibden dates! I really appreciate the help :))
@ChibiFluffy Oh my gosh thank you this helped a whole lot :D!!

I don't know why my browser does that (it's chrome), but I've discovered I can just fix them manually which is what I'll start doing for new additions! The NUMBER stuff also worked! (Of course it did, it's literally written right there to redo those when you add new dragons, I guess I just didn't care enough yet to figure it out lol??) I was a little confused on formatting for numbers with no decimal, but I found out it's a custom format for me, interesting!

I'll try to remember to check the feeding rates properly, lol. Also thank you for affirming the thing about the hibden dates! I really appreciate the help :))
SqnIrhs.png __2BBvY.gif
PRzJZ.gif
@ChibiFluffy I was able to investigate the food calculating just now, and the amount eaten today was exactly the amount listed on the spreadsheet! So I was just crazy and had too many dragons to keep track of and your calculator is doing fine, lol.
@ChibiFluffy I was able to investigate the food calculating just now, and the amount eaten today was exactly the amount listed on the spreadsheet! So I was just crazy and had too many dragons to keep track of and your calculator is doing fine, lol.
SqnIrhs.png __2BBvY.gif
PRzJZ.gif
@ChibiFluffy

Hello! I am coming back to try out this spreadsheet for the 2nd time, the first time I was completely confused and gave up. This time, I am still completely confused, but I am hoping you can answer my question and it will help me not give up :D

I don't understand how to transfer the data from the auto filler to the data tab and have the information fill in... I picked one of my dragons, copied all of the info shown on the How To Data Filler tab, then copied it into the Auto Filler tab all in C3, and checked it against the example (which I assume is your personal sheet :D), and all of the dragon info is in there, the same as the example. I see the note on the sheet that says you have to copy and paste from the auto filler to the data tab, but I am having a heckuva time figuring out what to copy and where to paste it :)

Like, does everything I have in C3 on the auto filler tab all get pasted into the ID cell (A2 on the data tab) in one bunch?
@ChibiFluffy

Hello! I am coming back to try out this spreadsheet for the 2nd time, the first time I was completely confused and gave up. This time, I am still completely confused, but I am hoping you can answer my question and it will help me not give up :D

I don't understand how to transfer the data from the auto filler to the data tab and have the information fill in... I picked one of my dragons, copied all of the info shown on the How To Data Filler tab, then copied it into the Auto Filler tab all in C3, and checked it against the example (which I assume is your personal sheet :D), and all of the dragon info is in there, the same as the example. I see the note on the sheet that says you have to copy and paste from the auto filler to the data tab, but I am having a heckuva time figuring out what to copy and where to paste it :)

Like, does everything I have in C3 on the auto filler tab all get pasted into the ID cell (A2 on the data tab) in one bunch?
7d96ebw.gif
@Arianethel Hey!
I've been thinking about making video version of the how-to, so here it is for you :D

You can view them on imgur, I'm going to figure out a way to make them in images to make it work here

Step 1 : Copy your dragon bio
https://i.imgur.com/vugqM99.mp4

Step 2 : Paste into the auto filler, you edit all the green cells you want to add more info about the dragons and then you go all the way at the bottom of the green cells to find the data to copy.
You select the row(s) and copy
https://i.imgur.com/WaNRjHW.mp4

Step 3 : Paste that into the data tab and change the format of the columns with the info in the notes on the first row.
https://i.imgur.com/48kM3y7.mp4
@Arianethel Hey!
I've been thinking about making video version of the how-to, so here it is for you :D

You can view them on imgur, I'm going to figure out a way to make them in images to make it work here

Step 1 : Copy your dragon bio
https://i.imgur.com/vugqM99.mp4

Step 2 : Paste into the auto filler, you edit all the green cells you want to add more info about the dragons and then you go all the way at the bottom of the green cells to find the data to copy.
You select the row(s) and copy
https://i.imgur.com/WaNRjHW.mp4

Step 3 : Paste that into the data tab and change the format of the columns with the info in the notes on the first row.
https://i.imgur.com/48kM3y7.mp4
....hSza.gif
mlHpBMC.png
KXqgAVm.png
5hF3FGk.png
@ChibiFluffy

YAY, THESE ARE GREAT!!!! I wasn't understanding green rows in the auto filler, and since I hadn't added anything, the row I would copy to the data was empty, my itty bitty brain could not get past that :D Your video version is perfect, thank you so much!!! :)
@ChibiFluffy

YAY, THESE ARE GREAT!!!! I wasn't understanding green rows in the auto filler, and since I hadn't added anything, the row I would copy to the data was empty, my itty bitty brain could not get past that :D Your video version is perfect, thank you so much!!! :)
7d96ebw.gif
@ChibiFluffy Hello!! I don’t know if I messed something up but there is something funky going on with my pairings tab :’( [img]https://i.imgur.com/XBxi7QE.jpg[/img] So, in the first pair (Metallurgy + Bramble) it lists the odds of a hatchling having veined or glimmer as 97% versus 3%, and when asked to calculate the odds of the hatchling having veined, it gives the result of 97%. In the third pair (Galaxy + Chrysocolla), it lists the odds of glimmer versus veined as 97% and 3%, and then when asked to calculate the odds of the hatchling having veined, it lists 3%. In the last pair (Amane + Gleam) it does the same thing but with different genes, the sheet calculates the odds of a hatchling having chrysocolla as 3%, even though the gene metallic is rare, and chrysocolla is limited. I can PM you my sheet if that would help, cuz I have no clue what I could have done to break it and no clue how to fix it :’(
@ChibiFluffy

Hello!! I don’t know if I messed something up but there is something funky going on with my pairings tab :’(

XBxi7QE.jpg

So, in the first pair (Metallurgy + Bramble) it lists the odds of a hatchling having veined or glimmer as 97% versus 3%, and when asked to calculate the odds of the hatchling having veined, it gives the result of 97%.

In the third pair (Galaxy + Chrysocolla), it lists the odds of glimmer versus veined as 97% and 3%, and then when asked to calculate the odds of the hatchling having veined, it lists 3%.

In the last pair (Amane + Gleam) it does the same thing but with different genes, the sheet calculates the odds of a hatchling having chrysocolla as 3%, even though the gene metallic is rare, and chrysocolla is limited.

I can PM you my sheet if that would help, cuz I have no clue what I could have done to break it and no clue how to fix it :’(
Salem // he/him/his // xe/xem/xyr // FR+3
9hqcHsy.pngWYxPUv8.pngQRVupBA.pngTl1dGxE.pngVDqpTLf.png
@cytotoxins I had to reread and check my sheet to be sure, I don't see what is wrong with the numbers you get ?
Those seem to be what it should be....

EDIT:

Yoiu can look at the rarity thread, Veined is a limited gene (97%), compared to glimmer that is a rare gene (3%).

So for your first pair, you have a 97% chance to get a dragon with veined and only 3% chance to get one with Glimmer.
@cytotoxins I had to reread and check my sheet to be sure, I don't see what is wrong with the numbers you get ?
Those seem to be what it should be....

EDIT:

Yoiu can look at the rarity thread, Veined is a limited gene (97%), compared to glimmer that is a rare gene (3%).

So for your first pair, you have a 97% chance to get a dragon with veined and only 3% chance to get one with Glimmer.
....hSza.gif
mlHpBMC.png
KXqgAVm.png
5hF3FGk.png
1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34