Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | hatchling probability calc/update aug 13
1 2 3 4 5
Hi! If you used Runos hatchling probabilty calculator before, you might have noticed that it went offline a while ago (and has also been outdated for a while now, since they seem to have gone inactive).
i did sometimes use it for my breeding projects, so i started making a new one! The code is pretty flexible and supports both modern and ancient breeds/genes, when new stuff comes out i can add it easily.
i used a plugin for the selectors, so (at least on desktop) you can type in which result youre looking for, rather than having to scroll through the entire list.

what is this? a tool to calculate how likely a given breeding pair is to hatch a specific result! enter the data of your dragons (or import them via scrying workshop) and the desired hatchling, and get the likelihood of your pair producing this result at least once depending on the number of eggs.

**latest update: aug 13 | sandsurges & various gene additions/updates**

LINK TO THE TOOL

Features:
  • all modern and ancient breeds and genes
  • enter color ranges for the target
  • enable/disable color range mode for primary/secondary/tertiary separately
  • desktop version: type & search in dropdowns for faster input
  • import dragons from scrying workshop links: image & regular urls
  • two options for color range calculation (hover over question mark next to the toggle to see details)
  • export & import calculations via custom url

This tool uses breed/gene rarities as documented in this thread.

if you encounter an error or a glitch, please let me know! if the problem occurred in response to an input you made, please attach a screenshot with all details of the input so i can reproduce it.

suggestions for new features are also always appreciated, if you have an idea that you think would improve this tool tell me about it and i will consider it!
Hi! If you used Runos hatchling probabilty calculator before, you might have noticed that it went offline a while ago (and has also been outdated for a while now, since they seem to have gone inactive).
i did sometimes use it for my breeding projects, so i started making a new one! The code is pretty flexible and supports both modern and ancient breeds/genes, when new stuff comes out i can add it easily.
i used a plugin for the selectors, so (at least on desktop) you can type in which result youre looking for, rather than having to scroll through the entire list.

what is this? a tool to calculate how likely a given breeding pair is to hatch a specific result! enter the data of your dragons (or import them via scrying workshop) and the desired hatchling, and get the likelihood of your pair producing this result at least once depending on the number of eggs.

**latest update: aug 13 | sandsurges & various gene additions/updates**

LINK TO THE TOOL

Features:
  • all modern and ancient breeds and genes
  • enter color ranges for the target
  • enable/disable color range mode for primary/secondary/tertiary separately
  • desktop version: type & search in dropdowns for faster input
  • import dragons from scrying workshop links: image & regular urls
  • two options for color range calculation (hover over question mark next to the toggle to see details)
  • export & import calculations via custom url

This tool uses breed/gene rarities as documented in this thread.

if you encounter an error or a glitch, please let me know! if the problem occurred in response to an input you made, please attach a screenshot with all details of the input so i can reproduce it.

suggestions for new features are also always appreciated, if you have an idea that you think would improve this tool tell me about it and i will consider it!
{windkind||fr+9||they/them}
i know this is confusing, but i didn't invent logic!
hatchling probability calculator * search maker * scry hatchling generator
aH I am v excited for this ,,, you doin the deities' work homie
aH I am v excited for this ,,, you doin the deities' work homie
oooo can you ping me when it goes online?
oooo can you ping me when it goes online?
Currently Seeking dragons for
PROJECT: OVERKILL

god help me
You're a legend ;0;
If you are willing to ping users when it goes up, I'd love that!
You're a legend ;0;
If you are willing to ping users when it goes up, I'd love that!
image20.jpg
Looking forward to this!
Looking forward to this!
UZVTEBc.png
and we are online! sorry for the delay, im very much a beginner with css but i still wanted to make it look nice lol
@cactusbrandon @glitchyoddy
and we are online! sorry for the delay, im very much a beginner with css but i still wanted to make it look nice lol
@cactusbrandon @glitchyoddy
@mechanical oh the tabs for modern and the different ancient breeds are such a good idea! this looks great!
@mechanical oh the tabs for modern and the different ancient breeds are such a good idea! this looks great!

god help me
@cactusbrandon thank you!! the tabs actually make it easier to compare genes, since the dropdowns only have options for the relevant type. no need to check if someone is trying to pair a modern dragon with an ancient one!
same html elements in different tabs have the same name with just a different prefix, and the prefix tells the script which form elements to read. the code itself operates completely without names, so adding new things requires only changes in the html!
also i noticed that there are actually at least two other tools that do similar things but! none of them accept color ranges for the possible hatchling. because thats actually pretty complicated.
@cactusbrandon thank you!! the tabs actually make it easier to compare genes, since the dropdowns only have options for the relevant type. no need to check if someone is trying to pair a modern dragon with an ancient one!
same html elements in different tabs have the same name with just a different prefix, and the prefix tells the script which form elements to read. the code itself operates completely without names, so adding new things requires only changes in the html!
also i noticed that there are actually at least two other tools that do similar things but! none of them accept color ranges for the possible hatchling. because thats actually pretty complicated.
@mechanical a little suggestion for you if you don't mind!

for both of the parents, the color select dropdowns are on the left, and the ones for genes are on the right. but for the hatchling, it's reversed- with the colors on the right and genes on the left. might be a good idea to make sure they all match!
@mechanical a little suggestion for you if you don't mind!

for both of the parents, the color select dropdowns are on the left, and the ones for genes are on the right. but for the hatchling, it's reversed- with the colors on the right and genes on the left. might be a good idea to make sure they all match!

god help me
also, looks like the color range feature is broken [emoji=wildclaw scared size=1]
also, looks like the color range feature is broken

god help me
1 2 3 4 5