Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [Guide] G&G:Hard Mode with 4 Easy Rules
1 2
[center][b][size=5]Glimmer and Gloom: Hard Mode in 4 Rules[/size][/b][/center] [size=4] I recognize that there are many guides already out there for G&G. I used one myself when I was first learning! However since then I've managed to boil the formula down to something a little easier to follow/remember and I've managed to help out a couple people with it who otherwise were having trouble with the game, so I thought it might be useful to throw it in here in case it helps anyone else. If you do still have trouble please feel free to ask me to clarify any rule that you're having trouble with! I'll be happy to try to explain them in a different way for you that'll help you understand. Or if you're just happy that this guide helped you out please post here too! I love knowing that I managed to help people get through the game easier. [b]Useful tidbit before we start[/b]: I typically go light every time and I think of the dark tiles as "empty". I've found treating the game board this way makes for an easier time visually interpreting the board for the rules below. (I will also continue to refer to the dark tiles as the "empty tiles" from here on out.) [b]Rule 1[/b] To fill in empty tiles you want to click the one that is below and to the right of it. If you have two empty tiles in a row, clicking the one in the middle and below the two will fill both slots. You should be able to fill the first 4 rows (up to the middle row) of the game that way. [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/768165846094315532/777642010499612732/image0.png[/img] [b]Rule 2[/b] If you get to the middle row and there are an odd number of "empty" tiles in that row, click the first tile on the far left and then click every tile in succession until you get to the end of the row. Then there should be an even number of empty spots and you can finish it out with rule 1. [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/768165846094315532/777642219414749194/image0.png[/img] [b]Rule 3[/b] If you get to the next row down from the middle and there's an odd number of empty tiles, click the second tile from the left in the top row. Then fill in all empty tiles down through the 6th (one after the middle) row using rule 1. [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/768165846094315532/777642349030408242/image0.png[/img] [b]Rule 4[/b] If you have an odd number in the second to the last row click the third tile on the left in the top row, and then fill in the rest of the empty squares using rule 1 until you finish. [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/768165846094315532/777642429921886288/image0.png[/img][/size]
Glimmer and Gloom: Hard Mode in 4 Rules

I recognize that there are many guides already out there for G&G. I used one myself when I was first learning! However since then I've managed to boil the formula down to something a little easier to follow/remember and I've managed to help out a couple people with it who otherwise were having trouble with the game, so I thought it might be useful to throw it in here in case it helps anyone else.

If you do still have trouble please feel free to ask me to clarify any rule that you're having trouble with! I'll be happy to try to explain them in a different way for you that'll help you understand.

Or if you're just happy that this guide helped you out please post here too! I love knowing that I managed to help people get through the game easier.

Useful tidbit before we start: I typically go light every time and I think of the dark tiles as "empty". I've found treating the game board this way makes for an easier time visually interpreting the board for the rules below. (I will also continue to refer to the dark tiles as the "empty tiles" from here on out.)

Rule 1
To fill in empty tiles you want to click the one that is below and to the right of it. If you have two empty tiles in a row, clicking the one in the middle and below the two will fill both slots. You should be able to fill the first 4 rows (up to the middle row) of the game that way.

image0.png

Rule 2
If you get to the middle row and there are an odd number of "empty" tiles in that row, click the first tile on the far left and then click every tile in succession until you get to the end of the row. Then there should be an even number of empty spots and you can finish it out with rule 1.

image0.png

Rule 3
If you get to the next row down from the middle and there's an odd number of empty tiles, click the second tile from the left in the top row. Then fill in all empty tiles down through the 6th (one after the middle) row using rule 1.

image0.png

Rule 4
If you have an odd number in the second to the last row click the third tile on the left in the top row, and then fill in the rest of the empty squares using rule 1 until you finish.

image0.png
A42-A8905-82-FD-4-A50-978-C-F0-CDA897-CE0-F.gif ________________ 441-D6164-C51-E-4890-BC06-5-F9-E7-D62-D521.png
Wanted to say thanks for the guide!

I learned how to play with a rather convoluted method from the early days of the game and I was trying to teach someone and realized that my way was definitely not the easiest to understand.

This method was so easy to show them how to do! Took like 20 minutes and they seem to have it down now.
Wanted to say thanks for the guide!

I learned how to play with a rather convoluted method from the early days of the game and I was trying to teach someone and realized that my way was definitely not the easiest to understand.

This method was so easy to show them how to do! Took like 20 minutes and they seem to have it down now.
giphy.gif
BanescaleSig.png
giphy.gif
@azhdrake
Ahhh, that's awesome! I'm really glad to hear it was helpful. ^-^
@azhdrake
Ahhh, that's awesome! I'm really glad to hear it was helpful. ^-^
A42-A8905-82-FD-4-A50-978-C-F0-CDA897-CE0-F.gif ________________ 441-D6164-C51-E-4890-BC06-5-F9-E7-D62-D521.png
Heyo! If you're still answering questions on this thread- I don't know what it is about my brain, I have trouble comprehending information in written form so please tell me if I'm missing something but I'm super confused what to do in situations like this where the opposing color (I'm playing for shadow) is pressed against the edge and I can't clear it by pressing on the leftmost block of a pyramid of three (as shown in your first example) If you don't mind could you lend me a hand? [img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Q4uh_e3dNQY/X__Ee7YO6jI/AAAAAAAA62c/MBhiZUOKg34R8qWqHc8OvjW1k6DtTyheACK8BGAsYHg/s0/2021-01-13.png[/img] @moif
Heyo! If you're still answering questions on this thread- I don't know what it is about my brain, I have trouble comprehending information in written form so please tell me if I'm missing something but I'm super confused what to do in situations like this where the opposing color (I'm playing for shadow) is pressed against the edge and I can't clear it by pressing on the leftmost block of a pyramid of three (as shown in your first example)
If you don't mind could you lend me a hand?
2021-01-13.png
@moif
7-E69-CC0-E-479-E-40-B9-8-FB2-AC593-E37125-A.png 7qe8XEN.png
@screenmaster
Well first of all I'd really suggest playing for light instead if you're using my guide, as it will make using the example images easier.

Second what row are you on when you hit this problem? (If you can screenshot it and share that would be even better).
@screenmaster
Well first of all I'd really suggest playing for light instead if you're using my guide, as it will make using the example images easier.

Second what row are you on when you hit this problem? (If you can screenshot it and share that would be even better).
@screenmaster
Oh the picture loaded! (And I can't count if you saw the post I deleted lol)

Give me a few minutes and I'll try to type up a proper helpful response.
@screenmaster
Oh the picture loaded! (And I can't count if you saw the post I deleted lol)

Give me a few minutes and I'll try to type up a proper helpful response.
@screenmaster
OK this took me a second because I'm so used to only playing for light I had to really stare at the picture (and open up the game myself) before I could figure out where you're at.

You should be able to finish pretty easily from there because you've got an even number of light tiles in the second to last row.

I think you should be able to finish by clicking each tile in the bottom row from left to right. You would effectively be following rule number 1: "to clear a tile click the one below and to the right of it" for the light tile that's farthest to the left, and then doing the same for each light tile that shows up in sequence as go across.
@screenmaster
OK this took me a second because I'm so used to only playing for light I had to really stare at the picture (and open up the game myself) before I could figure out where you're at.

You should be able to finish pretty easily from there because you've got an even number of light tiles in the second to last row.

I think you should be able to finish by clicking each tile in the bottom row from left to right. You would effectively be following rule number 1: "to clear a tile click the one below and to the right of it" for the light tile that's farthest to the left, and then doing the same for each light tile that shows up in sequence as go across.
@moif

Thanks to you and a friend on the discord I managed to solve my second g and g puzzle ever! Thankyou so much!
@moif

Thanks to you and a friend on the discord I managed to solve my second g and g puzzle ever! Thankyou so much!
7-E69-CC0-E-479-E-40-B9-8-FB2-AC593-E37125-A.png 7qe8XEN.png
Thank you for this guide! The way you laid out the instructions is really clear and ended up easiest for me to memorize. Hit the 75kt cap for the first time today thanks to this :)
Thank you for this guide! The way you laid out the instructions is really clear and ended up easiest for me to memorize. Hit the 75kt cap for the first time today thanks to this :)
OTY64LS.png
_ lore thread
emperor's funeral: a legacy of war challenge
@screenmaster @suncodex
Oh yay! I'm so happy to have helped. ^-^
@screenmaster @suncodex
Oh yay! I'm so happy to have helped. ^-^
1 2