Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [Wavecrest] Sheets Familiar Tracker
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 23 24
[center][emoji=cobra size=1] [b]Sandswept Delta Expansion[/b] [emoji=cobra size=1] [/center] [rule] [center][url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_1-9XnlJzDZy4vzt3dz2fKX6Mo8UOwYHVDBrzDOcSpc/edit?usp=sharing]Update Sheet[/url] | [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Kk5VFmMcGamiV5uLbM8P1_9fPLb8BXnc83SSXuQmpec/edit?usp=sharing]Blank Sheet[/url] | [url=https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScXoXk0HygLtGACZe9R1dv_lZ4BDOnURpr3eOR5mCs7uwInSg/viewform?usp=sf_link]Join Pinglist[/url] | [url=https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSedO2ro15SmxgIbNcypv4qCIgSGWAecfuiLSC3veM-bRC-WlQ/viewform?usp=sf_link]Pinglist Removal[/url][/center] [rule] Hey! Hope y'all are doing well [emoji=skydancer star size=1] I've added all new Sandswept Delta familiars to Regular Familiars, and their corresponding entries to the Coliseum tab. During the week I'll also be adding a tutorial for updating the Coliseum tab for those who need it; it'll likely be up on Thursday, post-vaccine symptoms allowing (as I'm hopefully getting vaccinated on Wednesday). The following corrections have also been added: [LIST] [*][u]Coliseum Tab (both sheets):[/u] Death's-Head Stag removed from Scorched Forest. [*][u]Regular Familiars (both sheets):[/u] Death's-Head Stag info box has corrected "Scorched Forest" to "Woodland Path". [/LIST] Have a great week! [emoji=skydancer tongue size=1][emoji=firework size=1] [rule] [center][size=1] [emoji=scroll size=1] [/size][/center]
Sandswept Delta Expansion

Hey! Hope y'all are doing well

I've added all new Sandswept Delta familiars to Regular Familiars, and their corresponding entries to the Coliseum tab. During the week I'll also be adding a tutorial for updating the Coliseum tab for those who need it; it'll likely be up on Thursday, post-vaccine symptoms allowing (as I'm hopefully getting vaccinated on Wednesday).

The following corrections have also been added:
  • Coliseum Tab (both sheets): Death's-Head Stag removed from Scorched Forest.
  • Regular Familiars (both sheets): Death's-Head Stag info box has corrected "Scorched Forest" to "Woodland Path".

Have a great week!

3 hours ahead of FR time
Thank you!
Thank you!
TvGyETb.gif
Thank you!

I noticed that, on both the update sheet and the blank sheet, that the FR code listing for the Charcoal Kitsune is misspelled as "Kistune"

Also, do you know of any way to freeze certain rows in place? I sometimes like to sort the sheet by different columns to make finding certain familiars easier, and just today I saw that when I was trying to sort (for example) column C with the familiar names into A-Z order, the first two rows, which have the column titles and status definitions, have begun shifting as well. They didn't do this previously. The only info I could find was about protecting certain ranges, which doesn't help because I can't protect them from myself!
Thank you!

I noticed that, on both the update sheet and the blank sheet, that the FR code listing for the Charcoal Kitsune is misspelled as "Kistune"

Also, do you know of any way to freeze certain rows in place? I sometimes like to sort the sheet by different columns to make finding certain familiars easier, and just today I saw that when I was trying to sort (for example) column C with the familiar names into A-Z order, the first two rows, which have the column titles and status definitions, have begun shifting as well. They didn't do this previously. The only info I could find was about protecting certain ranges, which doesn't help because I can't protect them from myself!
[quote name="FeatherFox" date="2021-04-19 15:38:41" ] Thank you! I noticed that, on both the update sheet and the blank sheet, that the FR code listing for the Charcoal Kitsune is misspelled as "Kistune" Also, do you know of any way to freeze certain rows in place? I sometimes like to sort the sheet by different columns to make finding certain familiars easier, and just today I saw that when I was trying to sort (for example) column C with the familiar names into A-Z order, the first two rows, which have the column titles and status definitions, have begun shifting as well. They didn't do this previously. The only info I could find was about protecting certain ranges, which doesn't help because I can't protect them from myself! [/quote] @featherfox sorry not sure if a a quote will actually ping you. You may want to submit that finding to the bug report form so it gets properly dealt with next update. As for filtering, here are the steps I used to create my filter on my sheet so it doesn't disappear between uses and doesn't filter the first two rows. I use the dark sheet but it should work just fine on the regular one too. Step 1: Select everything but Row 1. It should look something like this: [img]https://i.ibb.co/6tfdKcR/example.png[/img] Step 2: Click the filter button on the toolbar at the top. It should go from this: [img]https://i.ibb.co/QCDsz4w/example2.png[/img] To this: [img]https://i.ibb.co/nzwjQHx/example3.png[/img] Step 3: Done! You should be able to filter to your hearts content.
FeatherFox wrote on 2021-04-19 15:38:41:
Thank you!

@featherfox sorry not sure if a a quote will actually ping you.

You may want to submit that finding to the bug report form so it gets properly dealt with next update.

As for filtering, here are the steps I used to create my filter on my sheet so it doesn't disappear between uses and doesn't filter the first two rows. I use the dark sheet but it should work just fine on the regular one too.

Step 1: Select everything but Row 1. It should look something like this:
example.png

Step 2: Click the filter button on the toolbar at the top.
It should go from this:
example2.png
To this:
example3.png

Step 3: Done! You should be able to filter to your hearts content.
@Gay4Space

Thank you, but it didn't work. It would probably help if I had a better understanding of how Sheets works, but it goes right over my head when I try to learn.

I tried downloading a fresh copy of the tracker, and it functions correctly. Looking closer at my current sheet, it doesn't have the thicker border underneath row 2. All I can figure is that I unintentionally broke something sometime, and will probably have to start over at some point, when thinking about it doesn't make me feel tired :)

Thank you again for trying to help!
@Gay4Space

Thank you, but it didn't work. It would probably help if I had a better understanding of how Sheets works, but it goes right over my head when I try to learn.

I tried downloading a fresh copy of the tracker, and it functions correctly. Looking closer at my current sheet, it doesn't have the thicker border underneath row 2. All I can figure is that I unintentionally broke something sometime, and will probably have to start over at some point, when thinking about it doesn't make me feel tired :)

Thank you again for trying to help!
@featherfox No need to restart! I know exactly what you're talking about with the thick border and it's a pretty easy fix! All you need to do is drag the thick thing circled in pink to below row 2 (circled in blue) like in the images below. [img]https://i.ibb.co/j42qp0y/exa.png[/img] [img]https://i.ibb.co/ZKNhvmT/exa2.png[/img] It acts as a sort of thing to pin the rows to the top of the sheet even when you scroll down, and the other thick thing not circled works the same but for columns.
@featherfox

No need to restart!

I know exactly what you're talking about with the thick border and it's a pretty easy fix!

All you need to do is drag the thick thing circled in pink to below row 2 (circled in blue) like in the images below.
exa.png
exa2.png

It acts as a sort of thing to pin the rows to the top of the sheet even when you scroll down, and the other thick thing not circled works the same but for columns.
@Gay4Space

!! You have saved my brain (and my tracker), seriously. Thank you so much.
@Gay4Space

!! You have saved my brain (and my tracker), seriously. Thank you so much.
@featherfox

No worries! Let me know if you have any other issues!
@featherfox

No worries! Let me know if you have any other issues!
@FeatherFox Thank you for the error catch! Will definitely go in and correct it shortly, but for record-keeping purposes if you could put it through the error report form I'd appreciate it [emoji=skydancer happy size=1] The change will be recorded in the next update. My apologies for missing your inquiry! School's been busy so I haven't had much time to write out a thorough response until now. You may have accidentally dragged up the bar that freezes the row, or perhaps it got un-frozen or mixed up during the sorting process. For the future, you can drag the bar back down or go to View > Freeze > Up to current row. I'm glad you were able to get it fixed! @Gay4Space Thank you for taking the time to step in and offer help! [emoji=skydancer laughing size=1]
@FeatherFox

Thank you for the error catch! Will definitely go in and correct it shortly, but for record-keeping purposes if you could put it through the error report form I'd appreciate it The change will be recorded in the next update.

My apologies for missing your inquiry! School's been busy so I haven't had much time to write out a thorough response until now. You may have accidentally dragged up the bar that freezes the row, or perhaps it got un-frozen or mixed up during the sorting process. For the future, you can drag the bar back down or go to View > Freeze > Up to current row. I'm glad you were able to get it fixed!

@Gay4Space

Thank you for taking the time to step in and offer help!
3 hours ahead of FR time
@ElvenArtist

It's no problem, I'm out of school until September and am decently knowledgeable about Google Sheets so if you get super busy you can always direct people my way for help with this sort of thing to take the load off your shoulders.
@ElvenArtist

It's no problem, I'm out of school until September and am decently knowledgeable about Google Sheets so if you get super busy you can always direct people my way for help with this sort of thing to take the load off your shoulders.
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 23 24