Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Yet Another Familiar Tracker Tool
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 22 23
[size=1]@Teewie, @Reythaak, @MeadowMatriarch, @Nana64, @theVer, @Quinnelia, @odakotarose, @davietoowavey, @drapona, @Solstices, @WardenOfTheBluff, @Eriisx, @Kobli, @Oreina, @PanteraDemon615, @Lanaenae, @kelpssey, @RexD999, @RavenDiaval, @DarknessFalls, @cunningaesthete, @RubyRobin, @FliptheFrog, @GlamFelix[/size] Just the one Familiar again for this festival, the Roaming Aries [item=Roaming Aries] Please note that its item number is actually lower than that of the Charming Swan, so you'll have to tweak the Hoard Order numbers to match. Also, Wiki hasn't created a page for it yet, so there's no link there - I'll add it in as soon as I can if you want to wait a bit. Otherwise, it's the normal insert a line above the last one in your sheet and copy across the info. Ditto at the top of the Images tab.
@Teewie, @Reythaak, @MeadowMatriarch, @Nana64, @theVer, @Quinnelia, @odakotarose, @davietoowavey, @drapona, @Solstices, @WardenOfTheBluff, @Eriisx, @Kobli, @Oreina, @PanteraDemon615, @Lanaenae, @kelpssey, @RexD999, @RavenDiaval, @DarknessFalls, @cunningaesthete, @RubyRobin, @FliptheFrog, @GlamFelix

Just the one Familiar again for this festival, the Roaming Aries

Roaming Aries

Please note that its item number is actually lower than that of the Charming Swan, so you'll have to tweak the Hoard Order numbers to match. Also, Wiki hasn't created a page for it yet, so there's no link there - I'll add it in as soon as I can if you want to wait a bit.

Otherwise, it's the normal insert a line above the last one in your sheet and copy across the info. Ditto at the top of the Images tab.
Ink wash brush-style art of three red and gold Wildclaws performing a dragon dance with a green Auraboa puppet, with text for Nature's Year of the Wood Dragon push. D9tBovl.png w8o0xW1.png
How do I do that?
How do I do that?
She/Her For wishlist of familiars go to undiscovered section of beastiary
Third Generation Gemini
Animal lover
Book lover
Bladewood Graduate
It is only with the heart one can see rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye.
From The Little Prince by Antione St. Exubery
@Borahae - I see you've changed your U/N, so I've updated the pinglist for this tracker too - let me know if you don't actually want to get any pings for it and I'll remove you completely.

@GlamFelix - thanks for your interest - I've added you in, obviously

@RubyRobin - here's the instruction for adding new familiar releases to the sheet:

Please note that when adding familiars, you'll find it easiest if you:
  • Sort by Id Number
  • Scroll to the bottom.
  • Highlight the last row with a familiar in it
  • Right click and choose Insert row above
  • Go to my Master copy of the sheet and select the row with the new familiar in it. Press Ctrl C (or right click-Copy)
  • Paste in the data to your copy of the sheet.
  • Go to the Images tab and insert a row above the first familiar there.
  • Copy the relevant row from the Master sheet and paste it into your images tab.

The reason I do it the way I've listed above is that if you just add the data to the bottom of the table, the tables that refer to this tab, such as the Statitsics, won't inclulde the new lines and then you'd have to amend all those ranges separately. You can always do a sort again after you've added the familiar. Unless of course you sort alphabetically and insert the line in the right place that way.

When you need to add multiple familiars, you do it the same way, but you highlight x number of rows for x number of familiars, and on the right click menu you'll see it asks if you want to insert x number of lines.
@Borahae - I see you've changed your U/N, so I've updated the pinglist for this tracker too - let me know if you don't actually want to get any pings for it and I'll remove you completely.

@GlamFelix - thanks for your interest - I've added you in, obviously

@RubyRobin - here's the instruction for adding new familiar releases to the sheet:

Please note that when adding familiars, you'll find it easiest if you:
  • Sort by Id Number
  • Scroll to the bottom.
  • Highlight the last row with a familiar in it
  • Right click and choose Insert row above
  • Go to my Master copy of the sheet and select the row with the new familiar in it. Press Ctrl C (or right click-Copy)
  • Paste in the data to your copy of the sheet.
  • Go to the Images tab and insert a row above the first familiar there.
  • Copy the relevant row from the Master sheet and paste it into your images tab.

The reason I do it the way I've listed above is that if you just add the data to the bottom of the table, the tables that refer to this tab, such as the Statitsics, won't inclulde the new lines and then you'd have to amend all those ranges separately. You can always do a sort again after you've added the familiar. Unless of course you sort alphabetically and insert the line in the right place that way.

When you need to add multiple familiars, you do it the same way, but you highlight x number of rows for x number of familiars, and on the right click menu you'll see it asks if you want to insert x number of lines.
Ink wash brush-style art of three red and gold Wildclaws performing a dragon dance with a green Auraboa puppet, with text for Nature's Year of the Wood Dragon push. D9tBovl.png w8o0xW1.png
Ah, so this isn't hugely pressing but I'm a bit confused.

In the Stats-have tab, the summary with total owned familiars (after I've put in levels and everything) is 559. However, in the more detailed counts, both in Stats-Level and in the other parts of the Stats-have tab, where it breaks the numbers down, I get the correct count of 579. I'm not sure if there's something I've missed that would make the one count that much lower than the others?
Ah, so this isn't hugely pressing but I'm a bit confused.

In the Stats-have tab, the summary with total owned familiars (after I've put in levels and everything) is 559. However, in the more detailed counts, both in Stats-Level and in the other parts of the Stats-have tab, where it breaks the numbers down, I get the correct count of 579. I'm not sure if there's something I've missed that would make the one count that much lower than the others?

TI2US.gif EISJP.gif JHWT8.gif 79b3I.gif
@GlamFelix
If you can pm me a link to your sheet I can look at it when I get home from work tonight. The first thing I'd look at though would be the table that's incorrect and to check that it is using the whole range. It should be referring to something like Familiars!A5:A940, or whatever the last row is. If it's only going to A920, that would explain things.
@GlamFelix
If you can pm me a link to your sheet I can look at it when I get home from work tonight. The first thing I'd look at though would be the table that's incorrect and to check that it is using the whole range. It should be referring to something like Familiars!A5:A940, or whatever the last row is. If it's only going to A920, that would explain things.
Thank you! That was the issue and it's all good now!
Thank you! That was the issue and it's all good now!

TI2US.gif EISJP.gif JHWT8.gif 79b3I.gif
Yay!!! I'll check the master copy when I get home too
Yay!!! I'll check the master copy when I get home too
I'm using a kindle! I can't do that! Is there a mobile device friendly usage?
I'm using a kindle! I can't do that! Is there a mobile device friendly usage?
Third Generation Gemini
Animal lover
Book lover
Bladewood Graduate
It is only with the heart one can see rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye.
@RubyRobin

A kindle?!?! I didn't even know kindles were more than just fancy e-readers!

I've tried to look up how to edit Google Sheets on a Kindle, but didn't get very far - partly because I don't know what type of kindle you have. There does seem to be some strong intimation that because kindle is owned by amazon, they won't play nice with anything from their competitor, google.

Maybe this is of some assistance?
"I guess the simplest work around is to use the Silk Browser and go directly to docs.google.com, switch it to the desktop version of the site. It can be glitchy and slower than it would be on, say, a chromebook or laptop, but we were able to get it to work for basic document editing."

or this?
"Do you have Play Store and GSuite apps installed? Worked on my mine through the apps."

Sorry, I can't help more than that
@RubyRobin

A kindle?!?! I didn't even know kindles were more than just fancy e-readers!

I've tried to look up how to edit Google Sheets on a Kindle, but didn't get very far - partly because I don't know what type of kindle you have. There does seem to be some strong intimation that because kindle is owned by amazon, they won't play nice with anything from their competitor, google.

Maybe this is of some assistance?
"I guess the simplest work around is to use the Silk Browser and go directly to docs.google.com, switch it to the desktop version of the site. It can be glitchy and slower than it would be on, say, a chromebook or laptop, but we were able to get it to work for basic document editing."

or this?
"Do you have Play Store and GSuite apps installed? Worked on my mine through the apps."

Sorry, I can't help more than that
Yeah, that's why I asked . ok what about this I go through the ones I have write em all down and send all them to you. This includes all particular traits. That sound fair?I
And this will include my undiscovered.
Yeah, that's why I asked . ok what about this I go through the ones I have write em all down and send all them to you. This includes all particular traits. That sound fair?I
And this will include my undiscovered.
Third Generation Gemini
Animal lover
Book lover
Bladewood Graduate
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 22 23