Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [TOOL] Another Dragon Pricing Calculator
1 2 3 4 5 6
@spacequip
Heya, I was new about 2 months ago!
The numbers are the ID of the dragon. Every dragon has one, even exalted, aka 'dead' ones. (There's lore about exaltation where they go to serve their deity.)
The number represents that it is that number dragon to exist. Example: The dragon with the ID 50 is the 50th dragon to exist on the site! No matter if exalted or not, they were still the 50th.

If you have more questions, feel free to send me a PM! (The light blue bubble. Under my avatar and name.)
Edit: Wait, I may be dumb, lol.
Edit 2: Yeah, I kinda was. The #of digits that it talks about refers to the ID. Current dragons are on 8 digit IDs, meaning we are in the 10,000,000-99,999,999 number ranges! Currently around 62-63 million dragons that existed at some point or another!
@spacequip
Heya, I was new about 2 months ago!
The numbers are the ID of the dragon. Every dragon has one, even exalted, aka 'dead' ones. (There's lore about exaltation where they go to serve their deity.)
The number represents that it is that number dragon to exist. Example: The dragon with the ID 50 is the 50th dragon to exist on the site! No matter if exalted or not, they were still the 50th.

If you have more questions, feel free to send me a PM! (The light blue bubble. Under my avatar and name.)
Edit: Wait, I may be dumb, lol.
Edit 2: Yeah, I kinda was. The #of digits that it talks about refers to the ID. Current dragons are on 8 digit IDs, meaning we are in the 10,000,000-99,999,999 number ranges! Currently around 62-63 million dragons that existed at some point or another!
@Saphira455 okay thank you!!!!!!!!!!
@Saphira455 okay thank you!!!!!!!!!!
Captain
They/it/he
@spacequip
No problem! I hope you'll have fun here~
@spacequip
No problem! I hope you'll have fun here~
Hey does anyone know why it doesn't do Banescales and some of the newer dragons?
Hey does anyone know why it doesn't do Banescales and some of the newer dragons?
Cauldron Services [Open]
| Wind Dominance Shop [CLOSED] | Dressing and Geneing Services (Free!) [Open] |
@MediaeLycan

Basically, the calculator doesn't support ancient breeds because of my technical abilities and available time.

Since Ancient breeds don't use (all) the same genes as modern breeds, I would either need to set up a separate calculator, or a separate section within the calculator itself, to prevent users from creating impossible combinations.

I required help to set up the calculator in the first place, and while I'm sure I could figure out how to integrate ancient breed support on my own, it would be a bit of a project and I never really got around to it since I don't have any ancient breeds, myself.

Several people have been interested in them being added to the calculator, so I might do it as some point, but I need to have the time to sit down and really devote a day to getting it set up.
@MediaeLycan

Basically, the calculator doesn't support ancient breeds because of my technical abilities and available time.

Since Ancient breeds don't use (all) the same genes as modern breeds, I would either need to set up a separate calculator, or a separate section within the calculator itself, to prevent users from creating impossible combinations.

I required help to set up the calculator in the first place, and while I'm sure I could figure out how to integrate ancient breed support on my own, it would be a bit of a project and I never really got around to it since I don't have any ancient breeds, myself.

Several people have been interested in them being added to the calculator, so I might do it as some point, but I need to have the time to sit down and really devote a day to getting it set up.
[TOOL] Another Dragon Pricing Calculator | [GUIDE] So You Want to Start a Hatchery 2 | [GUIDE] Sorneith Job Catalog | [A] Silverbow's Odds 'n Ends
-
Quinn
Xe/They pronouns
@ScalyMaiden Oh okay! Don't worry about it!
@ScalyMaiden Oh okay! Don't worry about it!
Cauldron Services [Open]
@MediaeLycan

In the meantime if you're looking for help with ancient breeds, the Quick 'n Dirty method outlined in the first post of this thread should work just fine with them, you just have to do the calculations yourself.

I actually prefer that method for pricing, so someday I want to make a calculator using that method, which would include ancient breeds
@MediaeLycan

In the meantime if you're looking for help with ancient breeds, the Quick 'n Dirty method outlined in the first post of this thread should work just fine with them, you just have to do the calculations yourself.

I actually prefer that method for pricing, so someday I want to make a calculator using that method, which would include ancient breeds
[TOOL] Another Dragon Pricing Calculator | [GUIDE] So You Want to Start a Hatchery 2 | [GUIDE] Sorneith Job Catalog | [A] Silverbow's Odds 'n Ends
-
Quinn
Xe/They pronouns
@ScalyMaiden Ooo! Thanks bud!
@ScalyMaiden Ooo! Thanks bud!
Cauldron Services [Open]
@hawkgirl6511 use this to stop underselling your babies!!
@hawkgirl6511 use this to stop underselling your babies!!
qWdtKd.png
I am going to assume this calculator has been abandoned? @SaltWizard
I am going to assume this calculator has been abandoned? @SaltWizard
1 2 3 4 5 6