Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Apparel layering ideas [+dyed clothes]
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
[b]I'M BACK AGAIN BECAUSE OH BOY[/B] [b]Combo name[/b]: Woodflower Warriors (I'm not creative with names. woops.) [b]Category[/b]: Armour or misc? [b]Does it work on all breeds?[/b] No [b]Doesn't work on[/b]: None [b]Questionable on[/b]: Faes. With Faes being so small, everything looks super cluttered. You can do with removing some pieces of apparel to make it look better. [b]Best on[/b]: all others Picture: [columns] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=13&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=21294,24729,24735,21310,21278,21245,21286,21228,21302,24732,24730,24734,24731,24733&xt=dressing.png[/img] [nextcol] [b]Item order[/b] Lace Waist Frill WoodBasket Woodwing Lace Ribbons Lace Wristlet Lace Collar Lace Anklet Lace Headpiece Lace Tail Ornament Woodmask Woodbrace WoodTreads Wood Guard Wood Trail [/columns] [b]Combos[/b] Helpful Wood + Moonlight Lace or Ash Lace Poisonous Wood + Moonlight Lace (Goes surprising well together!) Or Green Lace Pastel Wood + Pastel Lace or Antique Lace Honeyed Wood + Buttercup Lace or Sepia Lace Druid's Wood + Black Lace, Sepia Lace, or Sweetheart Lace Lucky Wood + Sweetheart Lace (The lace sets don't match too well with the lucky wood set, but the sweetheart laces are decent. [b]notes[/b] Obviously you don't have to use every piece of apparel from both sets. I'm just showing that they go very nicely with each other. Most of the time you will want the lace ribbons to be under the woodwing, but it can work if it is above it.
I'M BACK AGAIN BECAUSE OH BOY

Combo name: Woodflower Warriors (I'm not creative with names. woops.)
Category: Armour or misc?
Does it work on all breeds? No

Doesn't work on: None
Questionable on: Faes. With Faes being so small, everything looks super cluttered. You can do with removing some pieces of apparel to make it look better.
Best on: all others

Picture:
dummy?breed=13&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=21294,24729,24735,21310,21278,21245,21286,21228,21302,24732,24730,24734,24731,24733&xt=dressing.png Item order
Lace Waist Frill
WoodBasket
Woodwing
Lace Ribbons
Lace Wristlet
Lace Collar
Lace Anklet
Lace Headpiece
Lace Tail Ornament
Woodmask
Woodbrace
WoodTreads
Wood Guard
Wood Trail

Combos
Helpful Wood + Moonlight Lace or Ash Lace
Poisonous Wood + Moonlight Lace (Goes surprising well together!) Or Green Lace
Pastel Wood + Pastel Lace or Antique Lace
Honeyed Wood + Buttercup Lace or Sepia Lace
Druid's Wood + Black Lace, Sepia Lace, or Sweetheart Lace
Lucky Wood + Sweetheart Lace (The lace sets don't match too well with the lucky wood set, but the sweetheart laces are decent.

notes
Obviously you don't have to use every piece of apparel from both sets. I'm just showing that they go very nicely with each other.

Most of the time you will want the lace ribbons to be under the woodwing, but it can work if it is above it.
JIjswVw.png
|| Accent Sales | Wishlist | Art Dump ||
I collect Tundra and Obelisk skins!
Do you have what I need?
I have this appeal layering thing I use and I wanted to share it, [b]Combo name[/b]: Wolf Crown [b]Category[/b]: Magic [b]Does it work on all breeds?[/b] No [indent][i] [b]Doesn't work on[/b]: Bogsneak M, Imperial F, Mirror, Ridgeback F, Spiral F, Wildclaw F [b]Questionable on[/b]: Bogsneak F, Pearlcatcher, Ridgeback M, Skydancer M [b]Best on[/b]: Nocturne, Fae, Imperial M, Coatl, Guardian, Skydancer F, Spiral M, Tundra, Wildclaw M [/indent] [b]Picture[/b]: [outfit=255296] [b]Apparel[/b]: [item=Haunted Flame Headpiece] [item=Black Wolf Cape] [item=Midnight Cape] [b]Combos[/b]: [i]Sunlight[/i] [item=Solar Flame Headpiece] [item=Brown Wolf Cape] [item=Woodsdrake Cape] [i]Frost[/i] [item=Ghost Flame Headpiece] [item=Winter Wolf Cape] [item=Winter Cape] [i]Wolf[/i] [item=Ethereal Flame Headpiece] [item=Grey Wolf Cape] [item=Duneglider Cape] [i]Flame[/i] [item=Gossamer Flame Headpiece] [item=Blood Red Wolf Cape] [item=Firebreather Cape] [b]Notes[/b]: Normal Cape (Not Wolf cape) can be removed
I have this appeal layering thing I use and I wanted to share it,

Combo name: Wolf Crown
Category: Magic

Does it work on all breeds? No

Doesn't work on: Bogsneak M, Imperial F, Mirror, Ridgeback F, Spiral F, Wildclaw F
Questionable on: Bogsneak F, Pearlcatcher, Ridgeback M, Skydancer M
Best on: Nocturne, Fae, Imperial M, Coatl, Guardian, Skydancer F, Spiral M, Tundra, Wildclaw M

Picture:
Not Found

Apparel:
Haunted Flame Headpiece Black Wolf Cape Midnight Cape

Combos:
Sunlight
Solar Flame Headpiece Brown Wolf Cape Woodsdrake Cape
Frost
Ghost Flame Headpiece Winter Wolf Cape Winter Cape
Wolf
Ethereal Flame Headpiece Grey Wolf Cape Duneglider Cape
Flame
Gossamer Flame Headpiece Blood Red Wolf Cape Firebreather Cape

Notes:
Normal Cape (Not Wolf cape) can be removed
KmEZCZd.pngi9LjYLg.pnguSYURGY.pngoaCEylk.pngk25i5Hw.pngj0GdNd1.png
fr__tiny_pixel_ice_icon_by_baelfin-d8stgz4.png pew fr__tiny_pixel_ice_icon_by_baelfin-d8stgz4.png
fr__ice_mini_by_baelfin-daqljag.png +2 hours FR time
fr__ice_mini_by_baelfin-daqljag.png Feel Free to Ping or PM me
fr__ice_mini_by_baelfin-daqljag.png Is actually a potato
fr__ice_mini_by_baelfin-daqljag.png Proud ace

hCQ9nYU.gif
[b]Combo name[/b]: Crested Breeches [b]Category[/b]: (Jewelry) [b]Does it work on all breeds?[/b] Yes [b]Doesn't work on[/b]: (none) [b]Questionable on[/b]: (none) [b]Best on[/b]: (all) [b]Picture[/b]: [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=8&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=6963,6033&xt=dressing.png[/img] [b]Apparel[/b]: Peridot Flourish Belt Green Breeches [b]Combos[/b]: [outfit=258790] [outfit=258797] [outfit=258811] [outfit=258798] [outfit=258799] [outfit=258813] [outfit=258816] [b]Notes[/b]: (Can wear with the Renaissance shirt of breeches, and whole set of flourish will look good too~! )
Combo name: Crested Breeches
Category: (Jewelry)

Does it work on all breeds? Yes

Doesn't work on: (none)
Questionable on: (none)
Best on: (all)

Picture:
dummy?breed=8&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=6963,6033&xt=dressing.png
Apparel:
Peridot Flourish Belt
Green Breeches

Combos:
Not Found

Not Found

Not Found

Not Found

Not Found

Not Found

Not Found

Notes:
(Can wear with the Renaissance shirt of breeches, and whole set of flourish will look good too~! )
Kano3Shuuya.png
[b]Combo name[/b]: Restored sight [b]Category[/b]: Festive [b]Does it work on all breeds?[/b] sort of- depends on the eye type, but mirrors tend to poke out from under the goggles [b]Picture[/b]: [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=14&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=20560,17132,24517,17140&xt=dressing.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=11&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=20602,20574,17136,23301&xt=dressing.png[/img] [b]Apparel[/b]: Arctic goggles, marva eyes, philosopher's veil/oracle's guise [b]Combos[/b]: Nightglider goggles, googly or wiggly eyes, twilight oracle's guise Dustrunner or chasmcrawler goggles (or both), weary focus, philosopher's veil [b]Notes[/b]: Depending on the pose, googly eyes either look like the dragon's blinking or wearing extreme reading glasses, and with the oracle's guise if they spill over it tends to look like part of the tiara-like part
Combo name: Restored sight
Category: Festive
Does it work on all breeds? sort of- depends on the eye type, but mirrors tend to poke out from under the goggles
Picture: dummy?breed=14&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=20560,17132,24517,17140&xt=dressing.png dummy?breed=11&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=20602,20574,17136,23301&xt=dressing.png
Apparel: Arctic goggles, marva eyes, philosopher's veil/oracle's guise
Combos:
Nightglider goggles, googly or wiggly eyes, twilight oracle's guise
Dustrunner or chasmcrawler goggles (or both), weary focus, philosopher's veil

Notes: Depending on the pose, googly eyes either look like the dragon's blinking or wearing extreme reading glasses, and with the oracle's guise if they spill over it tends to look like part of the tiara-like part
[b]Combo name[/b]: Off-White Wings (expansion on all of the Sylvan stuff) [b]Category[/b]: Dyed [b]Does it work on all breeds?[/b] Yes [columns][b]Picture[/b]: [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=12&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=15754,15749&xt=dressing.png[/img] [nextcol][center][b]Apparel[/b]: [item=Silver Sylvan Wings] [item=Ember Sylvan Wings][/columns] [b]Combos[/b]: [columns][center]Red [item=Silver Sylvan Wings] [item=Scarlet Sylvan Wings][nextcol][center]Pink [item=Silver Sylvan Wings] [item=Twilight Sylvan Wings][nextcol][center]Sky [item=Silver Sylvan Wings] [item=Siren Sylvan Wings][nextcol][center]Green [item=Silver Sylvan Wings] [item=Grove Sylvan Wings][nextcol][center]Cranberry [item=Silver Sylvan Wings] [item=Raven Sylvan Wings] [/columns] [b]Notes[/b]: - Submitted by Keaster329!
Combo name: Off-White Wings (expansion on all of the Sylvan stuff)
Category: Dyed

Does it work on all breeds? Yes

Picture:
dummy?breed=12&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=15754,15749&xt=dressing.png
Apparel:
Silver Sylvan Wings
Ember Sylvan Wings

Combos:
Red
Silver Sylvan Wings
Scarlet Sylvan Wings
Pink
Silver Sylvan Wings
Twilight Sylvan Wings
Sky
Silver Sylvan Wings
Siren Sylvan Wings
Green
Silver Sylvan Wings
Grove Sylvan Wings
Cranberry
Silver Sylvan Wings
Raven Sylvan Wings

Notes:
- Submitted by Keaster329!
queen_katoe.gif
(melova why you not updating anymore :'( ) [b]Combo name[/b]: (i dont know come up with it yourself) [b]Category[/b]: misc? [b]Does it work on all breeds?[/b] Yes / No [b]Doesn't work on[/b]: none [b]Questionable on[/b]: coatl f(sleeves on vestments poke out badly), imperial f(weird stuff with the sleeves), nocturne m(vestment sleeve pokes out) pearlcatcher f(clipping on vestments skirt), skydancer f(weird stuff with the sleeves again), spiral m(asymmetric sleeve thinness), tundra f(absence of fur obscuring the vest sleeve - its pretty minor though), wildclaw f(more weird stuff with the sleeves) [b]Best on[/b]: everyone else [b]Picture[/b]: [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=10&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=23030,23747&xt=dressing.png[/img] [b]Apparel[/b]: [item=gloomy highnoon vest][item=grim healer's vestments] [b]Combos[/b]: [item=dusty highnoon vest][item=studious healer's vestments] [item=prim highnoon vest][item=gentle healer's vestments] [item=refined highnoon vest][item=red healer's vestments] [item=shady highnoon vest][item=grim healer's vestments]/[item=mystic healer's vestments] [b]Notes[/b]: male coatls and male nocturnes have thin sleeves with this which i find pretty cool(though its worse on nocturnes), and male spirals have only 1 thin sleeve male faes have something that looks like an under-sleeve or whatever its properly called
(melova why you not updating anymore :'( )
Combo name: (i dont know come up with it yourself)
Category: misc?

Does it work on all breeds? Yes / No
Doesn't work on: none
Questionable on: coatl f(sleeves on vestments poke out badly), imperial f(weird stuff with the sleeves), nocturne m(vestment sleeve pokes out) pearlcatcher f(clipping on vestments skirt), skydancer f(weird stuff with the sleeves again), spiral m(asymmetric sleeve thinness), tundra f(absence of fur obscuring the vest sleeve - its pretty minor though), wildclaw f(more weird stuff with the sleeves)
Best on: everyone else

Picture:
dummy?breed=10&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=23030,23747&xt=dressing.png
Apparel:
Gloomy Highnoon Vest Grim Healer's Vestments

Combos:
Dusty Highnoon Vest Studious Healer's Vestments
Prim Highnoon Vest Gentle Healer's Vestments
Refined Highnoon Vest Red Healer's Vestments
Shady Highnoon Vest Grim Healer's Vestments / Mystic Healer's Vestments

Notes:
male coatls and male nocturnes have thin sleeves with this which i find pretty cool(though its worse on nocturnes), and male spirals have only 1 thin sleeve
male faes have something that looks like an under-sleeve or whatever its properly called
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
This is incredibly helpful for ideas! Thank you for all the time you've put into this!
This is incredibly helpful for ideas! Thank you for all the time you've put into this!
Caught between the mundanely awkward and the existentially impossible.
-Alice Isn't Dead, Part 2, chapter 4, 11:55

@PixelSpiral Western healer?
@PixelSpiral Western healer?
Kano3Shuuya.png
I'm waiting for all the jester combos XD
I'm waiting for all the jester combos XD
bead-divider-vertical-small-100x10.png Mikah or SentientPumpkins
MUYNhfy.png
JvUa9ma.png
WjJZ2Rn.png
FObX7rS.png
5hF3FGk.png
Lantern-2.png bead-divider-vertical-small-100x10.png
tChn3sz.png
I work full time and I'm a full time student, responses may be slow
[b]Combo name[/b]: ultimate notn hat [b]Category[/b]: festive [b]Doesn't work on[/b]: [b]Questionable on[/b]: [b]Best on[/b]: everyone [b]Picture[/b]: [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=10&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=20839,15272,25199&xt=dressing.png[/img] [b]Apparel[/b]: [item=haunted flame headpiece][item=conjurer's hat][item=deadpan jester's cap] [b]Combos[/b]: [item=ethereal flame headpiece][item=enchanter's hat][item=jolly jester's cap] [item=ghost flame headpiece][item=sorcerer's hat][item=sarcastic jester's cap] [item=haunted flame headpiece][item=magician's hat][item=witty jester's cap] [item=solar flame headpiece][item=magician's hat][item=whimsical jester's cap] [item=gossamer flame headpiece][item=magician's hat][item=whimsical jester's cap] [b]Notes[/b]: works just as well if you remove one of the apparel pieces
Combo name: ultimate notn hat
Category: festive

Doesn't work on:
Questionable on:
Best on: everyone

Picture:
dummy?breed=10&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=20839,15272,25199&xt=dressing.png
Apparel:
Haunted Flame Headpiece Conjurer's Hat Deadpan Jester's Cap

Combos:
Ethereal Flame Headpiece Enchanter's Hat Jolly Jester's Cap
Ghost Flame Headpiece Sorcerer's Hat Sarcastic Jester's Cap