Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Apparel layering ideas [+dyed clothes]
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
[b]Combo name[/b]: sleeved vest [b]Category[/b]: whichever you desire [b]Does it work on all breeds?[/b] Yes [indent][i][/i] [b]Doesn't work on[/b]: none [b]Questionable on[/b]: none) [b]Best on[/b]: (all, ESPECIALLY NOCTURNE M & F)[/indent] [b]Picture[/b]: [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=11&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=1548,6035,6027&xt=dressing.png[/img] [b]Apparel[/b]: bleached peacekeeping vest white breeches white renaissance shirt [b]Combos[/b]: coming later
Combo name: sleeved vest
Category: whichever you desire

Does it work on all breeds? Yes

Doesn't work on: none
Questionable on: none)
Best on: (all, ESPECIALLY NOCTURNE M & F)

Picture:
dummy?breed=11&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=1548,6035,6027&xt=dressing.png
Apparel:
bleached peacekeeping vest
white breeches
white renaissance shirt

Combos:
coming later
Kano3Shuuya.png
@Melova

These are wonderful! I'll be bookmarking for sure.

By the way, the outfit cards for Silk Sage and Field Researcher are just displaying not found.
@Melova

These are wonderful! I'll be bookmarking for sure.

By the way, the outfit cards for Silk Sage and Field Researcher are just displaying not found.
RP Clan!
She/Her
+ 1 FR Time
Please ping me for attention!
Clan Haven welcomes you.
[b]I'M BACK AGAIN, BROS. I'm sure that this layer trick has already been discovered before, but i thought it was neat enough to make a post for it. And if there are any people who aren't aware, this might help them out. Kinda goes along with the Dyed clothes idea; using the transparency of some apparel to it's advantage.[/b] [b]Combo name[/b]: Color shifted Webs and Cloaks [b]Category[/b]: Festival [b]Does it work on all breeds?[/b] Yes [b]Picture[/b]: [columns] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=6&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=15311,15317,15310,15316&xt=dressing.png[/img] [nextcol] [b]Apparel[/b]: [item=Witch's Cobwebs] [item=Sorcerer's Cobwebs] [item=Witch's Cloak] [item=Sorcerer's Cloak] [/columns] [b]Combos[/b]: (Yes, I sat, went through, and wrote down every possible combination for you.) [list] [*]Conjurer's + Conjurer's = Darker Purple [*]Conjurer's + Sorcerer's = Navy Blue [*]Conjurer's + Magician's = Medium Grey [*]Conjurer's + Enchanter's = Blue Grey (Slate grey?) [*]Conjurer's + Witch's = Grey with a small green tint [/list] ----- [list] [*]Magician's + Magician's = Darker Tan / Off white [*]Magician's + Sorcerer's = Desaturated Blue [*]Magician's + Conjurer's = Dusty White [*]Magician's + Enchanter's = Close to White [*]Magician's + Witch's = Desatrurated Yellow-Green [/list] ----- [list] [*]Sorcerer's + Sorcerer's = More Saturated Blue [*]Sorcerer's + Conjurer's = Slightly Darker Blue (Very small difference) [*]Sorcerer's + Magician's = Almost no color difference [*]Sorcerer's + Enchanter's = Lighter Blue [*]Sorcerer's + Witch's = Almost no color difference [/list] ----- [list] [*]Enchanter's + Enchanter's = Brighter White [*]Enchanter's + Conjurer's = Mid Grey [*]Enchanter's + Sorcerer's = Baby Blue [*]Enchanter's + Magician's = Almost no color difference [*]Enchanter's + Witch's = Green tinted White [/list] ----- [list] [*]Witch's + Witch's = More Saturated Green [*]Witch's + Conjurer's = Darker Moss Green [*]Witch's + Sorcerer's = Dark Blue-Green [*]Witch's + Enchanter's = Desaturated Green [*]Witch's + Magicians's = Almost no color difference [/list] [b]Notes[/b]: Whether there is a color difference or not, layering any two cobwebs/cloaks together brings out the line details more, which can make the webs feel more like torn or worn out fabrics. You can layer more than two items together to continue to build the colored effect, but you have to be careful. If you add too many, the lineart starts to grow and look unnatural with the rest of the image.
I'M BACK AGAIN, BROS.
I'm sure that this layer trick has already been discovered before, but i thought it was neat enough to make a post for it. And if there are any people who aren't aware, this might help them out. Kinda goes along with the Dyed clothes idea; using the transparency of some apparel to it's advantage.

Combo name: Color shifted Webs and Cloaks
Category: Festival

Picture:
dummy?breed=6&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=15311,15317,15310,15316&xt=dressing.png Apparel:
Witch's Cobwebs
Sorcerer's Cobwebs
Witch's Cloak
Sorcerer's Cloak

Combos: (Yes, I sat, went through, and wrote down every possible combination for you.)
  • Conjurer's + Conjurer's = Darker Purple
  • Conjurer's + Sorcerer's = Navy Blue
  • Conjurer's + Magician's = Medium Grey
  • Conjurer's + Enchanter's = Blue Grey (Slate grey?)
  • Conjurer's + Witch's = Grey with a small green tint

• Magician's + Magician's = Darker Tan / Off white
  • Magician's + Sorcerer's = Desaturated Blue
  • Magician's + Conjurer's = Dusty White
  • Magician's + Enchanter's = Close to White
  • Magician's + Witch's = Desatrurated Yellow-Green

• Sorcerer's + Sorcerer's = More Saturated Blue
  • Sorcerer's + Conjurer's = Slightly Darker Blue (Very small difference)
  • Sorcerer's + Magician's = Almost no color difference
  • Sorcerer's + Enchanter's = Lighter Blue
  • Sorcerer's + Witch's = Almost no color difference

• Enchanter's + Enchanter's = Brighter White
  • Enchanter's + Conjurer's = Mid Grey
  • Enchanter's + Sorcerer's = Baby Blue
  • Enchanter's + Magician's = Almost no color difference
  • Enchanter's + Witch's = Green tinted White

• Witch's + Witch's = More Saturated Green
  • Witch's + Conjurer's = Darker Moss Green
  • Witch's + Sorcerer's = Dark Blue-Green
  • Witch's + Enchanter's = Desaturated Green
  • Witch's + Magicians's = Almost no color difference

Notes:
Whether there is a color difference or not, layering any two cobwebs/cloaks together brings out the line details more, which can make the webs feel more like torn or worn out fabrics.

You can layer more than two items together to continue to build the colored effect, but you have to be careful. If you add too many, the lineart starts to grow and look unnatural with the rest of the image.
JIjswVw.png
|| Accent Sales | Wishlist | Art Dump ||
I collect Tundra and Obelisk skins!
Do you have what I need?
@VariantLoki
THANK YOU!

For an outfit, I'm using a Cowl+Mantle and playing with the cobwebs I can get a (close enough) color match to it!

Conjurer + Enchanter (maybe also Witch, color breed dependent, best with Bogsneaks) to match the Mysterious Mantle! (or Conjurer + Conjurer + Enchanter + Sorcerer Cobwebs to match Mysterious Cowl xD)
@VariantLoki
THANK YOU!

For an outfit, I'm using a Cowl+Mantle and playing with the cobwebs I can get a (close enough) color match to it!

Conjurer + Enchanter (maybe also Witch, color breed dependent, best with Bogsneaks) to match the Mysterious Mantle! (or Conjurer + Conjurer + Enchanter + Sorcerer Cobwebs to match Mysterious Cowl xD)
n4tD6Di.pngcT7ArrF.pngFSRH04x.pngCFVbpnt.png
So does anyone wanna know a way of making an eldritch abomination because I think I just made one lol, if you lot want me to I'll post it xD
So does anyone wanna know a way of making an eldritch abomination because I think I just made one lol, if you lot want me to I'll post it xD
My pencil is my wand, my imagination my magic. I spin worlds from words and planets from pencils, for I am a writer and an artist and above all a creator.

ey/em, FR+8,
@UnicornCrazy I would like to see it :>
@UnicornCrazy I would like to see it :>
Kano3Shuuya.png
[b]Combo name[/b]: Comical Tassels [b]Category[/b]: NoTN since it includes Jester Apparel [b]Does it work on all breeds?[/b] Yes / [b]No[/b] [indent] [i](If you picked yes, you can ignore the part in this indent)[/i] [b]Doesn't work on[/b]: Bogsneak Female, Coatl Female, Fae Female, Mirror Female, Ridgeback Male, Spiral Male and Female, Wildclaw Male [b]Questionable on[/b]: Mirror Male, Nocturne Male, Pearlcatcher Male, Snapper Male and Female, Tundra Female, [b]Best on[/b]: Everyone else, but especially Nocturne Females[/indent] [b]Picture[/b]: [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=11&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=25190,23091&xt=dressing.png[/img] [b]Apparel[/b]: [item=Clever Jester's Tail Bell] [item=Verdant Sage Tassel] [b]Combos[/b]: Yellow, Black, Blurple, Pinkish-Orange, Grey-Blue [item=Jolly Jester's Tail Bell][item=Deadpan Jester's Tail Bell][item=Sarcastic Jester's Tail Bell][item=Whimsical Jester's Tail Bell][item=Witty Jester's Tail Bell] [item=Golden Sage Tassel][item=Learned Sage Tassel][item=Charming Sage Tassel][item=Mystic Sage Tassel][item=Dusty Sage Tassel] [b]Notes[/b]: The tail and tassel straight up don't show up on Wildclaw Males and Ridgeback Males, and in all other instances they either are 1: not on top of each other or 2: the bell of the tassel looks really, really weird. The bell looking weird is also for the breeds in the Questionable category.
Combo name: Comical Tassels
Category: NoTN since it includes Jester Apparel
Does it work on all breeds? Yes / No
(If you picked yes, you can ignore the part in this indent)
Doesn't work on: Bogsneak Female, Coatl Female, Fae Female, Mirror Female, Ridgeback Male, Spiral Male and Female, Wildclaw Male
Questionable on: Mirror Male, Nocturne Male, Pearlcatcher Male, Snapper Male and Female, Tundra Female,
Best on: Everyone else, but especially Nocturne Females
Picture: dummy?breed=11&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=25190,23091&xt=dressing.png
Apparel:
Clever Jester's Tail Bell
Verdant Sage Tassel
Combos:
Yellow, Black, Blurple, Pinkish-Orange, Grey-Blue
Jolly Jester's Tail Bell Deadpan Jester's Tail Bell Sarcastic Jester's Tail Bell Whimsical Jester's Tail Bell Witty Jester's Tail Bell
Golden Sage Tassel Learned Sage Tassel Charming Sage Tassel Mystic Sage Tassel Dusty Sage Tassel
Notes: The tail and tassel straight up don't show up on Wildclaw Males and Ridgeback Males, and in all other instances they either are 1: not on top of each other or 2: the bell of the tassel looks really, really weird.
The bell looking weird is also for the breeds in the Questionable category.
vjO547Q.png6NDVAGQ.pngOwJYX7b.png
Okay well here lol, one strange eldritchy sorta thingy, I'm tired. xD [b]Combo name[/b]: Eldritch Horror [b]Category[/b]: NOTN (Jester's apparel, haunted flame) or maybe Festival? Uses the invis cloak and the moonglow thorns too. [indent][b]Does it work on all breeds?[/b] Yes [b]Doesn't work on[/b]: Looks fine on them all, due to how this works layering glitches aren't much of a fuss. [b]Questionable on[/b]: N/A [b]Best on[/b]: Fae m/f, imp f, mirror f, PC m/f, ridgeback m/f, skydancer m/f, wildclaw m/f[/indent] [b]Picture[/b]: [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=13&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=25199,25045,25193,25048,8955,25044,24062,21267,25046,24064,20840,22046&xt=dressing.png[/img] [b]Apparel[/b]: [outfit=289929] [item=Deadpan Jester's Cap] [item=Raven Woodmask] [item=Deadpan Jester's Wing Cover] [item=Raven Woodwing] [item=Moonglow Thorns] [item=Raven Woodguard] [item=Onyx Seraph Armpiece] [item=Ash-Edged Claw] [item=Raven Woodtrail] [item=Onyx Seraph Hip Drape] [item=Haunted Flame Tail Jewel] [item=Marva's Invisibility Cloak] [b]Combos[/b]: Just generally try to match with similar colours between the sets, I'm toot ired to colourmatch for you right now. [b]Notes[/b]: (Anything you want to add? Maybe a few tips or things that others should be aware of?)
Okay well here lol, one strange eldritchy sorta thingy, I'm tired. xD

Combo name: Eldritch Horror
Category: NOTN (Jester's apparel, haunted flame) or maybe Festival? Uses the invis cloak and the moonglow thorns too.
Doesn't work on: Looks fine on them all, due to how this works layering glitches aren't much of a fuss.
Questionable on: N/A
Best on: Fae m/f, imp f, mirror f, PC m/f, ridgeback m/f, skydancer m/f, wildclaw m/f

Picture:
dummy?breed=13&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=25199,25045,25193,25048,8955,25044,24062,21267,25046,24064,20840,22046&xt=dressing.png
Apparel:
Eldritch abomination

Deadpan Jester's Cap
Raven Woodmask
Deadpan Jester's Wing Cover
Raven Woodwing
Moonglow Thorns
Raven Woodguard
Onyx Seraph Armpiece
Ash-Edged Claw
Raven Woodtrail
Onyx Seraph Hip Drape
Haunted Flame Tail Jewel
Marva's Invisibility Cloak

Combos:
Just generally try to match with similar colours between the sets, I'm toot ired to colourmatch for you right now.

Notes:
(Anything you want to add? Maybe a few tips or things that others should be aware of?)
My pencil is my wand, my imagination my magic. I spin worlds from words and planets from pencils, for I am a writer and an artist and above all a creator.

ey/em, FR+8,
[b]Combo name[/b]: Feather vilain [b]Category[/b]: Festive [b]Does it work on all breeds?[/b] No [indent] [b]Doesn't work on[/b]: Fae F [b]Questionable on[/b]: Fae M, Nocturne M, Spiral M [b]Best on[/b]: Coatl F, Mirror M, Pearlcatcher F, Tundra M[/indent] [b]Picture[/b]: [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=3&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=24706,24519&xt=dressing.png[/img] [b]Apparel[/b]: [item=druid's woodbrace][item=carapace arm] [b]Notes[/b]: It looks nice on all other unmentioned breeds, but when we see the second uncovered arm, the effect isn't exactly the same! ------- [b]Combo name[/b]: Hold thight! [b]Category[/b]: Festive [b]Does it work on all breeds?[/b] No [indent] [b]Doesn't work on[/b]: All other breeds [b]Best on[/b]: Mirror F, Imperial F[/indent] [b]Picture[/b]: [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=3&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=19448,23292&xt=dressing.png[/img] [b]Apparel[/b]: [item=calico cat][item=Flowering Gladeboughs] [b]Combos[/b]: [item=calico cat][item=Leafy gladeboughs] [b]Notes[/b]: The cat can be laying in the gladeboughs on other breeds, but they have the "flying" pose only on the Mirror F and the Imp F. ------- [b]Combo name[/b]: Starwood Flame Robe [b]Category[/b]: Festive [b]Does it work on all breeds?[/b] No [indent] [b]Doesn't work on[/b]: Coatl F, Fae M, Fae F, Guardian F, Imperial F, Mirror M, Pearlcatcher M, Snapper M, Spiral M, Spiral F [b]Questionable on[/b]: Bogsneak M, Guardian M, Imperial M, Mirror F, Nocturne M, Pearlcatcher F, Ridgeback F, Skydancer M, Skydancer F, Tundra M, Wildclaw F [b]Best on[/b]: Bogsneak F, Coatl M, Nocturne F, Ridgeback M, Snapper F, Tundra F, Wildclaw M [/indent] [b]Picture[/b]: [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=9&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=24064,24256,20837,20830&xt=dressing.png[/img] [b]Apparel[/b]: [item=Onyx Seraph Hip Drape][item=Starwood Veil][item=Haunted Flame Cloak][item=Ghost Flame Cloak] [b]Combos[/b]: The two cloaks can be switched for a purple only look, but then you'll loose the blending gradient
Combo name: Feather vilain
Category: Festive

Does it work on all breeds? No
Doesn't work on: Fae F
Questionable on: Fae M, Nocturne M, Spiral M
Best on: Coatl F, Mirror M, Pearlcatcher F, Tundra M

Picture:
dummy?breed=3&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=24706,24519&xt=dressing.png
Apparel: Druid's Woodbrace Carapace Arm

Notes:
It looks nice on all other unmentioned breeds, but when we see the second uncovered arm, the effect isn't exactly the same!

Combo name: Hold thight!

Doesn't work on: All other breeds
Best on: Mirror F, Imperial F

Picture:
dummy?breed=3&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=19448,23292&xt=dressing.png
Apparel:
Calico Cat Flowering Gladeboughs

Combos:
Calico Cat Leafy Gladeboughs

Notes:
The cat can be laying in the gladeboughs on other breeds, but they have the "flying" pose only on the Mirror F and the Imp F.

Combo name: Starwood Flame Robe

Doesn't work on: Coatl F, Fae M, Fae F, Guardian F, Imperial F, Mirror M, Pearlcatcher M, Snapper M, Spiral M, Spiral F
Questionable on: Bogsneak M, Guardian M, Imperial M, Mirror F, Nocturne M, Pearlcatcher F, Ridgeback F, Skydancer M, Skydancer F, Tundra M, Wildclaw F
Best on: Bogsneak F, Coatl M, Nocturne F, Ridgeback M, Snapper F, Tundra F, Wildclaw M

Picture:
dummy?breed=9&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=24064,24256,20837,20830&xt=dressing.png
Apparel:
Onyx Seraph Hip Drape Starwood Veil Haunted Flame Cloak Ghost Flame Cloak

Combos:
The two cloaks can be switched for a purple only look, but then you'll loose the blending gradient
Good_Shit_WCMale_Emoji_Size.png Lichtdrache.gif
@Melova dude this thread is so useful and you havent updated it in 4 months. what happened??? at least tell us something about why youre not updating at all.
@Melova dude this thread is so useful and you havent updated it in 4 months. what happened??? at least tell us something about why youre not updating at all.
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28