Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [Guide] Ghostbuster / Ruins Raider build
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
@JohnThackery

Gonna give this a try~
@JohnThackery

Gonna give this a try~
PJb908Z.png
Gotta give this a try, but what's more efficient? This or the meditate monk?
Gotta give this a try, but what's more efficient? This or the meditate monk?
8atStKf.png8KhZull.png
@JusticeTurtle / Anyone who knows
Question.. I just tinctured one of my dragons, got the stats up. But I have like 38 points leftover. Where do I toss them?
@JusticeTurtle / Anyone who knows
Question.. I just tinctured one of my dragons, got the stats up. But I have like 38 points leftover. Where do I toss them?
54903613_BfOznXPD7fp3QHV.gif qbj5aU6.gif ?PTfL=party_xy.png
@Deki I like to split them equally between VIT and DEF, because that gives more total protection against physical attacks.

@Joydom The new Anticipate Tank build is actually the most efficient, according to @Sylvandyr.

@Rosekitten Yeah, it does. :S I'm told the Anticitank solves that problem; I haven't actually gotten my hands on one to try myself yet.
@Deki I like to split them equally between VIT and DEF, because that gives more total protection against physical attacks.

@Joydom The new Anticipate Tank build is actually the most efficient, according to @Sylvandyr.

@Rosekitten Yeah, it does. :S I'm told the Anticitank solves that problem; I haven't actually gotten my hands on one to try myself yet.
tumblr_omdjqr5YYp1r4lw2fo1_500.png
@JusticeTurtle

Maybe I'll try that and let you know, could also be me using a nature dragon hindering things as well, least a little.
@JusticeTurtle

Maybe I'll try that and let you know, could also be me using a nature dragon hindering things as well, least a little.
What would you
attempt
if you could not
fail?
mirna_by_pupmew-dcgjmvo.png snapper_button.png
@justiceturtle
Oh wow! Thanks for the info! By any chance can ya link me to the guide?
@justiceturtle
Oh wow! Thanks for the info! By any chance can ya link me to the guide?
8atStKf.png8KhZull.png
@Joydom

I'm not Justice, but here ^^': http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2157767
@Joydom

I'm not Justice, but here ^^': http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2157767
jA0Unwf.gif
@starrlight
Aaa thank you!
@starrlight
Aaa thank you!
8atStKf.png8KhZull.png
Due to Coliseum 2.0, the old contents of this post are outdated. I have more recent posts about GLR builds here and here.

---

@JusticeTurtle @Rosekitten @Joydom - Hiya! Out of the three Ghostlight builds, Anticipate does run the fastest (assuming all builds are used in their optimal way), but you have to get used to how it works or it won't feel right. You still take a lot of damage and will have to restart sometimes, but the reason it's good is that restart time is very fast with this build. It is also more possible to recover if you miss from Eliminate mid-fight, though Contuse is a pain.

Also, starting on caster packs is bad with this build, which is the opposite of the Scratch or Meditate versions. I also tend to save a physical monster and knock out lots of casters if missing will bring my energy below Eliminate level. Physicals give energy back faster. Ghostlight is a good venue for Anticipate because of a heavy physical concentration; less restarts are needed on average.

If you're a fan of Sap, Scratch runs Sap better than Anticipate does. I strongly prefer Bolster over Sap on an Anticipate dragon. Rally, Haste, Bolster has worked most for me wih Anticipate, which is again different from Scratch, where I prefer Sap.

Overall, the builds are close enough that personal choice should rule over the matter. If one strongly prefers a Meditate style, for example, then they are more likely to do better with that build than a style that they don't like to use.

My criteria for "efficiency" involves what takes the least amount of time to train a dragon with the each of the builds used in their best possible way, all things considered. However, some people prefer a particular playstyle, and maybe having to reset less is more important to them, or something else. That should be taken into consideration when choosing a build.
Due to Coliseum 2.0, the old contents of this post are outdated. I have more recent posts about GLR builds here and here.

---

@JusticeTurtle @Rosekitten @Joydom - Hiya! Out of the three Ghostlight builds, Anticipate does run the fastest (assuming all builds are used in their optimal way), but you have to get used to how it works or it won't feel right. You still take a lot of damage and will have to restart sometimes, but the reason it's good is that restart time is very fast with this build. It is also more possible to recover if you miss from Eliminate mid-fight, though Contuse is a pain.

Also, starting on caster packs is bad with this build, which is the opposite of the Scratch or Meditate versions. I also tend to save a physical monster and knock out lots of casters if missing will bring my energy below Eliminate level. Physicals give energy back faster. Ghostlight is a good venue for Anticipate because of a heavy physical concentration; less restarts are needed on average.

If you're a fan of Sap, Scratch runs Sap better than Anticipate does. I strongly prefer Bolster over Sap on an Anticipate dragon. Rally, Haste, Bolster has worked most for me wih Anticipate, which is again different from Scratch, where I prefer Sap.

Overall, the builds are close enough that personal choice should rule over the matter. If one strongly prefers a Meditate style, for example, then they are more likely to do better with that build than a style that they don't like to use.

My criteria for "efficiency" involves what takes the least amount of time to train a dragon with the each of the builds used in their best possible way, all things considered. However, some people prefer a particular playstyle, and maybe having to reset less is more important to them, or something else. That should be taken into consideration when choosing a build.
Bonsai pixels (tofu and tea motif) by miirshroom
@JusticeTurtle while I really appreciate your shout-out to my build, I feel like the wording of that could be better. I don't want to push people who might prefer a different build from mine away from either alternative just because mine shaves a few seconds.

Heck- I almost never pick the more efficient option since I still pick GLR over the Mire to level all my fodder to 5-6, which is where the anticipate tank falls off.

I'm just here to stress that I think personal preference is the most important factor. Maybe just a link to the other builds at the top would? be best? I'll add them to the top of my thread too.
@JusticeTurtle while I really appreciate your shout-out to my build, I feel like the wording of that could be better. I don't want to push people who might prefer a different build from mine away from either alternative just because mine shaves a few seconds.

Heck- I almost never pick the more efficient option since I still pick GLR over the Mire to level all my fodder to 5-6, which is where the anticipate tank falls off.

I'm just here to stress that I think personal preference is the most important factor. Maybe just a link to the other builds at the top would? be best? I'll add them to the top of my thread too.
At2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12