Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [Guide]Workshop Workers - GW fodderteam!
1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 45 46
@celelorien I finally got my fire mage up to speed today (she spent a couple of weeks off coli-ing in the boreal woods for chests and the vents for a ton of familiars) and ended up keeping my fire noc (that I had inadvertently leveled to 25 already). So far the team has been fabulous! Now I have 3 high-level venues (Mire, Kelp Beds, and the Workshop) to level up fodder so I don't need to get so bored when pushing. Here's my mage: Like Katargo who posted before me, I have her equipped with Aid since I'm more used to using that ability. I've not had any real problems with that so far. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19015514] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/190156/19015514_350.png[/img] [/url] And my tank: My biggest challenge with this build is that I'm no longer able to one-shot many of the opponents so I just have to get into the habit of scratch + eliminate. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24364280] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/243643/24364280_350.png[/img] [/url] He'll be getting renamed and gened up with Metallic, Alloy, and Runes. For anyone curious I have this fellow as my double fodder Mire build: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16409888] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/164099/16409888_350.png[/img] [/url] And these two are my Kelp Beds build - they both have Sap and Reflect. Sap to help stay in the game a bit longer and Reflect to remain impervious to both bosses :D [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=11233233] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/112333/11233233_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=11645181] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/116452/11645181_350.png[/img] [/url] Not only are they battle partners but they make great hatchlings as well. :)
@celelorien

I finally got my fire mage up to speed today (she spent a couple of weeks off coli-ing in the boreal woods for chests and the vents for a ton of familiars) and ended up keeping my fire noc (that I had inadvertently leveled to 25 already).

So far the team has been fabulous! Now I have 3 high-level venues (Mire, Kelp Beds, and the Workshop) to level up fodder so I don't need to get so bored when pushing.

Here's my mage:
Like Katargo who posted before me, I have her equipped with Aid since I'm more used to using that ability. I've not had any real problems with that so far.

19015514_350.png

And my tank:
My biggest challenge with this build is that I'm no longer able to one-shot many of the opponents so I just have to get into the habit of scratch + eliminate.

24364280_350.png

He'll be getting renamed and gened up with Metallic, Alloy, and Runes.

For anyone curious I have this fellow as my double fodder Mire build:

16409888_350.png

And these two are my Kelp Beds build - they both have Sap and Reflect. Sap to help stay in the game a bit longer and Reflect to remain impervious to both bosses :D

11233233_350.png

11645181_350.png

Not only are they battle partners but they make great hatchlings as well. :)
30oPYgq.png
I really wish I could use this build more effectivelly but the darn coli slows down so much that it's unplayable everytime I use disorient :I
Still working to make this though, Serena just hit lvl 24 and Abyss' stats were all over tha place until now, he's actually useful coli fighter now :>
I really wish I could use this build more effectivelly but the darn coli slows down so much that it's unplayable everytime I use disorient :I
Still working to make this though, Serena just hit lvl 24 and Abyss' stats were all over tha place until now, he's actually useful coli fighter now :>
Rusted Crown
w-when do bosses start? I'm in the Sandswept Delta with an all attack team.. huzzah?
w-when do bosses start? I'm in the Sandswept Delta with an all attack team.. huzzah?
Current Sweetpuff hoard: 47
SWEETPUFF SYNONYMS
he/him
usually found eliminating sweetpuffs in the coli to acquire them
@TootzyTFM The first bosses appear in the redrock cove though waterway doesn't have a boss until now
@TootzyTFM The first bosses appear in the redrock cove though waterway doesn't have a boss until now
tumblr_otyhq9Ynj41vsg0m1o1_400.pngsmall_save_the_imps2_by_keldeostar-dc6ioyu.pngtumblr_otyhq9Ynj41vsg0m1o1_400.pnghttps://68.media.tumblr.com/d520b49ad1e535b4432d0a80efc5db86/tumblr_otyhq9Ynj41vsg0m1o1_400.png[/img]
@Lara8 taught me that enemies that KO themselves while Berserk can drop double loot, which is great for boss hunting – better chance that they drop the familiar! Here are some tips for the technique: [quote=Lara8] 1. This way never works on the meditating bosses (Mantarunes, Hydras, etc) since when they're berserk, all they ever hit themselves with is 1 point of damage. (This applies to all meditating enemies, by the way, so if you're in the GW and the only enemy left is a Disoriented Swift Volt or something, you don't have to kill it right away - take the opportunity to build up some breath and/or heal.) 2. If you're specifically boss-hunting, don't put VIT on your fodderg (or if you're in a venue that doesn't give XP, don't bother bringing a third dragon at all). This way, by the time you get down to the end of the battle and the boss is Disoriented, ideally the fodderg is already knocked out - the boss is more likely to hit itself if it only has three potential 'targets' (itself and your battle pair) instead of four. 3. I handle the two GW bosses a little differently - since Earth is type-weak to Wind, those Disorients do a lot more damage, so for Borers, I try not to attack with my fighter at all until the boss is Disoriented. With Delvers, it's usually worth softening them up a bit with my fighter from the jump, at least until they're down to about half of their health if the Disorient hasn't taken hold by then. 4. If the effect wears off, return to defending with your fighter and Disorienting with your mage. Even if they get down to that last scrap of health and the Disorient would ordinarily take them out, it's possible - rare, but possible - for the attack itself to miss but still apply the status effect. 5. Especially in the GW, watch your health. It's tempting to just throw Disorient whenever you've got enough breath, but if the boss gets in a few lucky hits when you're already hurting, you won't get any drops at all, so consider having your mage heal itself and/or your fighter. Only exception to that - if the boss is really close to the end and already Disoriented, it's not such a bad thing if it takes out your fighter or mage, since that also reduces its number of targets and improves the likelihood of it hitting itself. But that's another thing that varies between Delvers and Borers, because a Wind mage has a better chance of holding off the latter by itself if your fighter gets knocked out early.[/quote]
@Lara8 taught me that enemies that KO themselves while Berserk can drop double loot, which is great for boss hunting – better chance that they drop the familiar! Here are some tips for the technique:

Lara8 wrote:
1. This way never works on the meditating bosses (Mantarunes, Hydras, etc) since when they're berserk, all they ever hit themselves with is 1 point of damage. (This applies to all meditating enemies, by the way, so if you're in the GW and the only enemy left is a Disoriented Swift Volt or something, you don't have to kill it right away - take the opportunity to build up some breath and/or heal.)

2. If you're specifically boss-hunting, don't put VIT on your fodderg (or if you're in a venue that doesn't give XP, don't bother bringing a third dragon at all). This way, by the time you get down to the end of the battle and the boss is Disoriented, ideally the fodderg is already knocked out - the boss is more likely to hit itself if it only has three potential 'targets' (itself and your battle pair) instead of four.

3. I handle the two GW bosses a little differently - since Earth is type-weak to Wind, those Disorients do a lot more damage, so for Borers, I try not to attack with my fighter at all until the boss is Disoriented. With Delvers, it's usually worth softening them up a bit with my fighter from the jump, at least until they're down to about half of their health if the Disorient hasn't taken hold by then.

4. If the effect wears off, return to defending with your fighter and Disorienting with your mage. Even if they get down to that last scrap of health and the Disorient would ordinarily take them out, it's possible - rare, but possible - for the attack itself to miss but still apply the status effect.

5. Especially in the GW, watch your health. It's tempting to just throw Disorient whenever you've got enough breath, but if the boss gets in a few lucky hits when you're already hurting, you won't get any drops at all, so consider having your mage heal itself and/or your fighter.

Only exception to that - if the boss is really close to the end and already Disoriented, it's not such a bad thing if it takes out your fighter or mage, since that also reduces its number of targets and improves the likelihood of it hitting itself. But that's another thing that varies between Delvers and Borers, because a Wind mage has a better chance of holding off the latter by itself if your fighter gets knocked out early.
ww_po_by_idlewildly-dcoj48d.png
Those are some neat tips, from Lara8. It makes me even more excited to have a mage with disorient. Thanks for passing them along @idlewildly!
Those are some neat tips, from Lara8. It makes me even more excited to have a mage with disorient. Thanks for passing them along @idlewildly!
MMfFirK.gifRKtq0HD.gifOLv0Mii.gif92mLQx5.gif92ST5Ld.gifGDqSNGg.pngI29yHe2.png
Ooh yes, I didn't know about that!! That's pretty cool to know!
Ooh yes, I didn't know about that!! That's pretty cool to know!
ijcaSw5.gif 24e24jq.jpg tumblr_nu9dc9lcB81u8p7yoo7_100.png
I thought about this kind of late (again, whoops) so it won't be a perfect record, but I'm actually working up a WW pair for a friend, and they are SLAYING IT starting from level 17. I'll post the stats they DEFINITELY have, but I'm pretty sure at 17 (once all the stones were on, I'm too lazy for no-stone stats) I put them both somewhere from 36-40ish QCK and dumped the rest into their main stat. The warrior is actually getting mostly one-shot kills with Eliminate after being Rallied, which is moving things along pretty quickly!

Current stats are:

Battle Cleric:
Wind - LV 20
INT 105 / QCK 46

Warrior:
Nature - LV 20
STR 105 / QCK 46

At this point, the Warrior's STR is done, so I think I might actually try bumping them up to Ghostlight, since it's Trickmurk - everything there is still Scratch-Elim'able at our current stats, sooooo... We'll see how we fare against the bosses!

edit: Starting on a Vulture pack was a no-go because they're too freaking fast, but starting on an Aer pack worked just fine. Now we wait till we hit a boss...

double edit: HOLY CRAP GOOD JOB GUYS. Got the normal element boss first and beat it pretty well, then got the nature element boss IMMEDIATELY AFTER when we had no breath built up!! It was a bit of a scramble to keep enough breath to heal (and if the Warrior had gotten critted at a bad time it woulda been all over) but we totally made it!!
I thought about this kind of late (again, whoops) so it won't be a perfect record, but I'm actually working up a WW pair for a friend, and they are SLAYING IT starting from level 17. I'll post the stats they DEFINITELY have, but I'm pretty sure at 17 (once all the stones were on, I'm too lazy for no-stone stats) I put them both somewhere from 36-40ish QCK and dumped the rest into their main stat. The warrior is actually getting mostly one-shot kills with Eliminate after being Rallied, which is moving things along pretty quickly!

Current stats are:

Battle Cleric:
Wind - LV 20
INT 105 / QCK 46

Warrior:
Nature - LV 20
STR 105 / QCK 46

At this point, the Warrior's STR is done, so I think I might actually try bumping them up to Ghostlight, since it's Trickmurk - everything there is still Scratch-Elim'able at our current stats, sooooo... We'll see how we fare against the bosses!

edit: Starting on a Vulture pack was a no-go because they're too freaking fast, but starting on an Aer pack worked just fine. Now we wait till we hit a boss...

double edit: HOLY CRAP GOOD JOB GUYS. Got the normal element boss first and beat it pretty well, then got the nature element boss IMMEDIATELY AFTER when we had no breath built up!! It was a bit of a scramble to keep enough breath to heal (and if the Warrior had gotten critted at a bad time it woulda been all over) but we totally made it!!
Update - at LV 21, I put QCK to 56 for both Cleric and Warrior, then dumped the leftovers into INT and DEF respectively.

At LV 22, QCK to 60, same thing - extra to INT / DEF.
Update - at LV 21, I put QCK to 56 for both Cleric and Warrior, then dumped the leftovers into INT and DEF respectively.

At LV 22, QCK to 60, same thing - extra to INT / DEF.
@celelorien

A note on non-typical warrior battle stones - I've found that I get very little use out of sap, as I'm too paranoid about my warrior's breath should I miss an eliminate, but haste is actually pretty useful on bosses. Hasting the mage is especially good, if you're trying to get the double drops from berserk kills.

Hastes are pretty cheap, so I hope this helps someone!
@celelorien

A note on non-typical warrior battle stones - I've found that I get very little use out of sap, as I'm too paranoid about my warrior's breath should I miss an eliminate, but haste is actually pretty useful on bosses. Hasting the mage is especially good, if you're trying to get the double drops from berserk kills.

Hastes are pretty cheap, so I hope this helps someone!
35dYUlu.png
1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 45 46