Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Halamshiral's Mage Statting Guide?
1 2 3 4
Mage Leveling guide brought to you by Halamshiral This is an incredibly rough guide with a lot of work but its one of the first ! I present to you [columns][img]http://25.media.tumblr.com/3bba4469769abafe61059ecb959f79ed/tumblr_mmzbstx1yz1qbztsvo1_250.png[/img][nextcol][size=5] Halamshiral' not so great but definitely on par Mage leveling guide !![/size] Everything you weren't sure you needed and more ! A wonderful guide set with the intention on making mage leveling less of a hassle ![/columns] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1432722]Mage Informant/Information gathering thread ![/url] [Columns] Updates: ----- 6/17/15 edited builds for best usage, working on getting a build down on these 7/12/15 Minor edits
Mage Leveling guide brought to you by Halamshiral

This is an incredibly rough guide with a lot of work but its one of the first !

I present to you
tumblr_mmzbstx1yz1qbztsvo1_250.png Halamshiral' not so great but definitely on par Mage leveling guide !!
Everything you weren't sure you needed and more ! A wonderful guide set with the intention on making mage leveling less of a hassle !

Mage Informant/Information gathering thread !
Updates:
6/17/15 edited builds for best usage, working on getting a build down on these
7/12/15 Minor edits
11512.png Wishlist
Sell Thread
Liquidation
xxx LF Dragons
Auction
Hatchery
Accent shop
xxx Art shop
Coding Shop
Coli Info
Mage Leveling Guide
I: Introduction!

Welcome to my guide! Its nothing too fanciful but I hope it takes some problem out of leveling mages, since this happens to be the only guide close to this.

Some cliffnotes on mage levelling:
°While there are specific builds i apply, there is no right or wrong way to level a mage
*Since there is no official way on how to level and no definite way, writing things specific makes it hard
*Mages take very little to be helpful, my guide is a go to to lean you in the right direction. At a later date I might actually have a legitimate step by step leveling guide
I: Introduction!

Welcome to my guide! Its nothing too fanciful but I hope it takes some problem out of leveling mages, since this happens to be the only guide close to this.

Some cliffnotes on mage levelling:
°While there are specific builds i apply, there is no right or wrong way to level a mage
*Since there is no official way on how to level and no definite way, writing things specific makes it hard
*Mages take very little to be helpful, my guide is a go to to lean you in the right direction. At a later date I might actually have a legitimate step by step leveling guide
11512.png Wishlist
Sell Thread
Liquidation
xxx LF Dragons
Auction
Hatchery
Accent shop
xxx Art shop
Coding Shop
Coli Info
Mage Leveling Guide
II : Guidelines

Techniques for Max turnage

Set 1: Mage/Glass Cannon/Glass Cannon
Required: Ambush (1 or 2 on mage, 2 or none, I suppose, on your Glass Cannons)
Mage goes first, eats the ambush bug and allows your glass cannons and soforth to go first without losing a turn, making it easy to scratch/elim or shred/elim

If 2 ambushes: Mages goes first and eats the ambush 1st turn bug and saves you some turns with your glass cannons and allows you to buffer or gather breath
----

Pros and cons of mage levelling
Pros:
Absolutely wonderful for countering magical enemies.
Provide a greater success rate for longer grinding and leveling
Allows easier and smoother grinding in Golems Workshop(is almost essential to bring successful in that area)
Using the right build can handle and debilitate major bosses.
With high enough crit can rival the damage of Eliminate easily.
Is easier to recover from breath use and misses easier than regular Levellers/Glass cannons
Cons:
Depending on a build it can be incredibly fragile.
Extremely sensitive to elemental weaknesses.
Slower to level than glass cannons.
Easier on the pocketbook.

General guidelines for mage statting
Int- it is reccomended to not go over 128 int because it has a lesser effect on damage and still does the same amount.
Def- Good for withstanding physical attacks, due to sylvandr's speculation we are not sure if defense even has any purpose (http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/968309/1)
Agi- Increases critical chance and dodge rate, it'd be beneficial for you to have a decent amount in this stat if you want to unlock a mages full damaging potential.
Mnd- key for withstanding magical attacks, helps absorb magical damage with little to no loss of Hp(see def for cliffnotes on these two stats)
Vit-increases the hp and aptitude of the mage to survive. Allows it to take attacks more frequently and raises constitution of the dragon. Reccomended for tanks.

Defense and mind do have a purpose, about 5 mnd is as effecive as having ward casted on your dragons at all time, about 5 def is like having bolster casted on your dragons all the time. They aren't as effecive so to speak as VIT, which raises the Hp level. Def/mind are damage reducing stats that prevent further loss of HP
II : Guidelines

Techniques for Max turnage

Set 1: Mage/Glass Cannon/Glass Cannon
Required: Ambush (1 or 2 on mage, 2 or none, I suppose, on your Glass Cannons)
Mage goes first, eats the ambush bug and allows your glass cannons and soforth to go first without losing a turn, making it easy to scratch/elim or shred/elim

If 2 ambushes: Mages goes first and eats the ambush 1st turn bug and saves you some turns with your glass cannons and allows you to buffer or gather breath
----

Pros and cons of mage levelling
Pros:
Absolutely wonderful for countering magical enemies.
Provide a greater success rate for longer grinding and leveling
Allows easier and smoother grinding in Golems Workshop(is almost essential to bring successful in that area)
Using the right build can handle and debilitate major bosses.
With high enough crit can rival the damage of Eliminate easily.
Is easier to recover from breath use and misses easier than regular Levellers/Glass cannons
Cons:
Depending on a build it can be incredibly fragile.
Extremely sensitive to elemental weaknesses.
Slower to level than glass cannons.
Easier on the pocketbook.

General guidelines for mage statting
Int- it is reccomended to not go over 128 int because it has a lesser effect on damage and still does the same amount.
Def- Good for withstanding physical attacks, due to sylvandr's speculation we are not sure if defense even has any purpose (http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/968309/1)
Agi- Increases critical chance and dodge rate, it'd be beneficial for you to have a decent amount in this stat if you want to unlock a mages full damaging potential.
Mnd- key for withstanding magical attacks, helps absorb magical damage with little to no loss of Hp(see def for cliffnotes on these two stats)
Vit-increases the hp and aptitude of the mage to survive. Allows it to take attacks more frequently and raises constitution of the dragon. Reccomended for tanks.

Defense and mind do have a purpose, about 5 mnd is as effecive as having ward casted on your dragons at all time, about 5 def is like having bolster casted on your dragons all the time. They aren't as effecive so to speak as VIT, which raises the Hp level. Def/mind are damage reducing stats that prevent further loss of HP
11512.png Wishlist
Sell Thread
Liquidation
xxx LF Dragons
Auction
Hatchery
Accent shop
xxx Art shop
Coding Shop
Coli Info
Mage Leveling Guide
III : Mage Builds ----- Defense Centric Mage (perfect for withstanding the brutality of mammertees) [img]http://i.imgur.com/HqD54jd.png[/img] Stone overview:Meditate*,Contuse*, Bolster, Haste*, Aid, Scholar(x3) Build: High Int, High Vit, Low Agi Note:Contuse can be switched out for an elemental bolt, elemental ability or guard(reccomended) Haste can be swapped out for concentration or reflect Meditate can be possibly switched for Anticipate but i reccomend Meditate ----- Magic Wall Mage (great for braving through mantarunes.) [img]http://i.imgur.com/BThjGjU.png[/img] Stone overview:Meditate, Contuse*, Reflect, Ward, Aid, Scholar(x3),Ambush , Discipline Build: High Int, High Vit, Med Qck, Low Agi Note:Ambush can be substituted for Discipline Contuse can be substituted for haste, but is reccomended to cut down on enemy INT ----- Boss leveler/grinder Mage (well suited for Golems workshop, good for Mantarunes/Wavesweepers* depending on element) [img]http://i.imgur.com/ea1bigo.png[/img] Stone overview:Meditate, Elemental bolt*, Elemental Spell*, Aid, Rally*, Scholar(x3),Discipline(x2) Build:105 Int/86 Qck/7 Def/7 Mind (untinctured) Note:Elemental bolt can be changed to match mage's element Can be swapped out for matching elemental ability/Concentrate or reflect Rally can be swapped out for concentrate if your team is more mage-dominated Built for slower battles and with use with a physical grinder*.(if using rally) ----- Faster boss leveling/grinding mage (if you want to amp up the speed) [img]http://i.imgur.com/C9C0ekc.png[/img] Stone overview:Meditate, Elemental bolt*, Haste, Aid, Rally*, Scholar(x3),Discipline(x2) Build:105 Int/86 Qck/7 Def/7 Mind (untinctured) Note:Elemental bolt can be changed to match mage's element Can be swapped out for matching elemental ability/Concentrate Rally can be swapped out for concentrate if your team is more mage-dominated ----- Elemental Ravager (Mage version of Glass cannon) [img]http://i.imgur.com/P0rtNhW.png[/img] Build: High Quick, High Int, Med Agi (Data needed): reccomended tinctured Note:Elemental items can be changed according to element of dragon Discipline can be switched for another ambush, but at the cost of having a lower breath output. ----- Scout/Rogue Mage (Perfect for seeking whats going on with your enemy) [img]http://i.imgur.com/jjo5sEJ.png[/img] Build:High Agi, High Int, Med Qck Note: Discipline can be swapped out for ambush (optional) Envenom can be swapped out for any elemental bolt/ability (Note: reccomended exclusively for pvp for best effectiveness) User Submitted Builds: Healbot Build by @Sunreon Int 100 / QCK 94 / Agi 9 / Vit 17 Stones: meditate contuse, aid, rally, haste (strongly considering swapping in a reflect. If I were taking a mage that was the top tier elemental attack),scholar x3,ambush x2 ---- @rubisco's modified glasscannon QCK 59/ INT 123 /VIT 23 Three scholars, (I believe two ambushes, or maybe one ambush one discipline), The fairly popular method of building a mage is to take the culex build and swap STR for Int. But I have a feeling that if you are bringing along a mage for the defense instead of the offense, the numbers could be more efficiently worked. ----- @BrightIce 's modified golem workshop glasscannon/healer 126 int, 55 quick, and 15 vit Three scholars, one meditate, contuse, aid, regenerate Slightly slower, not as resistant as the above build but packs a better punch
III : Mage Builds
Defense Centric Mage
(perfect for withstanding the brutality of mammertees)
HqD54jd.png
Stone overview:Meditate*,Contuse*, Bolster, Haste*, Aid, Scholar(x3)
Build: High Int, High Vit, Low Agi
Note:Contuse can be switched out for an elemental bolt, elemental ability or guard(reccomended)
Haste can be swapped out for concentration or reflect
Meditate can be possibly switched for Anticipate but i reccomend Meditate
Magic Wall Mage
(great for braving through mantarunes.)
BThjGjU.png
Stone overview:Meditate, Contuse*, Reflect, Ward, Aid, Scholar(x3),Ambush , Discipline
Build: High Int, High Vit, Med Qck, Low Agi
Note:Ambush can be substituted for Discipline
Contuse can be substituted for haste, but is reccomended to cut down on enemy INT
Boss leveler/grinder Mage
(well suited for Golems workshop, good for Mantarunes/Wavesweepers* depending on element)
ea1bigo.png
Stone overview:Meditate, Elemental bolt*, Elemental Spell*, Aid, Rally*, Scholar(x3),Discipline(x2)
Build:105 Int/86 Qck/7 Def/7 Mind (untinctured)
Note:Elemental bolt can be changed to match mage's element
Can be swapped out for matching elemental ability/Concentrate or reflect
Rally can be swapped out for concentrate if your team is more mage-dominated
Built for slower battles and with use with a physical grinder*.(if using rally)
Faster boss leveling/grinding mage
(if you want to amp up the speed)
C9C0ekc.png
Stone overview:Meditate, Elemental bolt*, Haste, Aid, Rally*, Scholar(x3),Discipline(x2)
Build:105 Int/86 Qck/7 Def/7 Mind (untinctured)
Note:Elemental bolt can be changed to match mage's element
Can be swapped out for matching elemental ability/Concentrate
Rally can be swapped out for concentrate if your team is more mage-dominated
Elemental Ravager
(Mage version of Glass cannon)
P0rtNhW.png
Build: High Quick, High Int, Med Agi (Data needed): reccomended tinctured
Note:Elemental items can be changed according to element of dragon
Discipline can be switched for another ambush, but at the cost of having a lower breath output.
Scout/Rogue Mage
(Perfect for seeking whats going on with your enemy)
jjo5sEJ.png
Build:High Agi, High Int, Med Qck
Note: Discipline can be swapped out for ambush (optional)
Envenom can be swapped out for any elemental bolt/ability
(Note: reccomended exclusively for pvp for best effectiveness)

User Submitted Builds:

Healbot Build by @Sunreon
Int 100 / QCK 94 / Agi 9 / Vit 17
Stones:
meditate
contuse, aid, rally, haste (strongly considering swapping in a reflect. If I were taking a mage that was the top tier elemental attack),scholar x3,ambush x2

----

@rubisco's modified glasscannon
QCK 59/ INT 123 /VIT 23
Three scholars, (I believe two ambushes, or maybe one ambush one discipline),
The fairly popular method of building a mage is to take the culex build and swap STR for Int. But I have a feeling that if you are bringing along a mage for the defense instead of the offense, the numbers could be more efficiently worked.

@BrightIce 's modified golem workshop glasscannon/healer
126 int, 55 quick, and 15 vit
Three scholars, one meditate, contuse, aid, regenerate
Slightly slower, not as resistant as the above build but packs a better punch
11512.png Wishlist
Sell Thread
Liquidation
xxx LF Dragons
Auction
Hatchery
Accent shop
xxx Art shop
Coding Shop
Coli Info
Mage Leveling Guide
IV : Battlestones [Columns] [Item=bolster] Raises Defense (less physical damage)[nextcol][item=ward] Raises Mind (less magical damage)[nextcol][item=reflect] 'Reflect's attacks and spells off a dragon[nextcol][item=scholar] (Think mage beserker, raises key stats)[nextcol][item=concentration] Raises Intelligence (Higher magical attack) [/columns] [Columns][item=meditate] +30 breath, str down[nextcol] [item=prismatic meditate] Same as meditate [Nextcol] [item=silverglow meditate] Same here [/columns] [Columns][item=guard] Allows other dragon to take damage instead of the 'guarded' dragon [nextcol] [Item=plumed anticipate] Fancy Anticipate
IV : Battlestones
Bolster
Raises Defense
(less physical damage)
Ward
Raises Mind
(less magical damage)
Reflect
'Reflect's attacks and
spells off a dragon
Scholar
(Think mage beserker,
raises key stats)
Concentration
Raises Intelligence
(Higher magical attack)
Meditate
+30 breath, str down
Prismatic Meditate
Same as meditate
Silverglow Meditate
Same here
Guard
Allows other dragon to take
damage instead of
the 'guarded' dragon
Plumed Anticipate
Fancy Anticipate
11512.png Wishlist
Sell Thread
Liquidation
xxx LF Dragons
Auction
Hatchery
Accent shop
xxx Art shop
Coding Shop
Coli Info
Mage Leveling Guide
V: Assorted References

Fancy guide to give a general idea of how much xp to go to what level

__ 245
_____ 14
__ 216,227

Elemental Weaknesses and Strengths *
Best Against || Good Against | Normal || Bad Against | Worst Against

Arcane | Lightning || Shadow, Light | Earth, Wind || Nature
Earth | Fire || Arcane, Lightning | Water, Nature || Wind
Fire | Nature || Plague, Ice | Water, Shadow || Earth
Ice | Water || Nature, Plague | Fire, Lightning || Shadow
Light | Plague || Wind, Shadow | Arcane, Nature || Lightning
Lightning | Light || Water, Ice | Earth, Wind || Arcane
Nature | Arcane || Earth, Light | Plague, Ice || Fire
Plague | Shadow || Water, Nature | Ice, Fire || Light
Shadow | Ice || Wind, Fire | Arcane, Light || Plague
Water | Wind || Earth, Fire | Lightning, Plague || Ice
Wind | Earth || Lightning, Arcane | Shadow, Light || Water

*Note this is extremely important! Please take in consideration the effectivity of the element pertaining to the venue you are in

Damage Calculator
V: Assorted References

Fancy guide to give a general idea of how much xp to go to what level

__ 245
_____ 14
__ 216,227

Elemental Weaknesses and Strengths *
Best Against || Good Against | Normal || Bad Against | Worst Against

Arcane | Lightning || Shadow, Light | Earth, Wind || Nature
Earth | Fire || Arcane, Lightning | Water, Nature || Wind
Fire | Nature || Plague, Ice | Water, Shadow || Earth
Ice | Water || Nature, Plague | Fire, Lightning || Shadow
Light | Plague || Wind, Shadow | Arcane, Nature || Lightning
Lightning | Light || Water, Ice | Earth, Wind || Arcane
Nature | Arcane || Earth, Light | Plague, Ice || Fire
Plague | Shadow || Water, Nature | Ice, Fire || Light
Shadow | Ice || Wind, Fire | Arcane, Light || Plague
Water | Wind || Earth, Fire | Lightning, Plague || Ice
Wind | Earth || Lightning, Arcane | Shadow, Light || Water

*Note this is extremely important! Please take in consideration the effectivity of the element pertaining to the venue you are in

Damage Calculator
11512.png Wishlist
Sell Thread
Liquidation
xxx LF Dragons
Auction
Hatchery
Accent shop
xxx Art shop
Coding Shop
Coli Info
Mage Leveling Guide
Some speculated uses of mage builds and team sets
(Defensive wall mage with mixed glass cannons)
Just set up meditate and then reflect on you, next turn put a guard on your meditate guys , use 1 discipline 1 ambush and eat up the ambush bug and get one extra turn with your battlers, then use that reflect to rebunk the attacks you get from guard to the boss and use bolt to take it out (also, with two disciplines the breath regen rate is near about ~89.9 percent if not 100 percent)

essentially (with 1 ambush, 1 discipline)
(turn 1, def mage eats ambush bug)
med guy 1 meditates (if no previous breath)
med guy 1 attacks
med guy 2 meditates (same here)
med guy 2 attacks
(enemy or def mage if qck is high) (if def mage, 50% chance with meditate to do 60 breath instead of 30 breath, bolster takes a +5 breath to cover the either guys you want to cover, same with bolster)
(if you use haste med guy 1 is here, if not, def mage is here and can bolster either and or set up guard, if not set up reflect on either med guy or itself)

and defense mage can cover near about every attack with guard + reflect combo, or just guard with its high vit and/or high def, and you can put a aid on it if you dont want to use contuse to weaken the attacks of the enemy to cover damage ratios

overall it might be a bit slower but it will be pretty easy to get your guys out of a pinch (and can use the bolt to really inflict damage since mantas can take crit from bolts and be down quite a lot, same with borers, if high int you can probably three turn shot them)
Some speculated uses of mage builds and team sets
(Defensive wall mage with mixed glass cannons)
Just set up meditate and then reflect on you, next turn put a guard on your meditate guys , use 1 discipline 1 ambush and eat up the ambush bug and get one extra turn with your battlers, then use that reflect to rebunk the attacks you get from guard to the boss and use bolt to take it out (also, with two disciplines the breath regen rate is near about ~89.9 percent if not 100 percent)

essentially (with 1 ambush, 1 discipline)
(turn 1, def mage eats ambush bug)
med guy 1 meditates (if no previous breath)
med guy 1 attacks
med guy 2 meditates (same here)
med guy 2 attacks
(enemy or def mage if qck is high) (if def mage, 50% chance with meditate to do 60 breath instead of 30 breath, bolster takes a +5 breath to cover the either guys you want to cover, same with bolster)
(if you use haste med guy 1 is here, if not, def mage is here and can bolster either and or set up guard, if not set up reflect on either med guy or itself)

and defense mage can cover near about every attack with guard + reflect combo, or just guard with its high vit and/or high def, and you can put a aid on it if you dont want to use contuse to weaken the attacks of the enemy to cover damage ratios

overall it might be a bit slower but it will be pretty easy to get your guys out of a pinch (and can use the bolt to really inflict damage since mantas can take crit from bolts and be down quite a lot, same with borers, if high int you can probably three turn shot them)
11512.png Wishlist
Sell Thread
Liquidation
xxx LF Dragons
Auction
Hatchery
Accent shop
xxx Art shop
Coding Shop
Coli Info
Mage Leveling Guide
(why not heres some more space)

this is gonna need so much work but

Contributors:
cool and funky list down here

some parts were transposed from culex and kiena's guides but before i add them in ill most certainly ask about using their info
(why not heres some more space)

this is gonna need so much work but

Contributors:
cool and funky list down here

some parts were transposed from culex and kiena's guides but before i add them in ill most certainly ask about using their info
11512.png Wishlist
Sell Thread
Liquidation
xxx LF Dragons
Auction
Hatchery
Accent shop
xxx Art shop
Coding Shop
Coli Info
Mage Leveling Guide
Hey lets get this boat on the road ! I need some info on mages ~ (check over here to submit stuff for me to look over)
Hey lets get this boat on the road ! I need some info on mages ~ (check over here to submit stuff for me to look over)
11512.png Wishlist
Sell Thread
Liquidation
xxx LF Dragons
Auction
Hatchery
Accent shop
xxx Art shop
Coding Shop
Coli Info
Mage Leveling Guide
@Culex @Kiena would you two mind if I used some of your findings and transposed them to fit magely standards ? I figured I would ask
@Culex @Kiena would you two mind if I used some of your findings and transposed them to fit magely standards ? I figured I would ask
11512.png Wishlist
Sell Thread
Liquidation
xxx LF Dragons
Auction
Hatchery
Accent shop
xxx Art shop
Coding Shop
Coli Info
Mage Leveling Guide
1 2 3 4