Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Statistics for Dragonkind [NEW !]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 26 27
@Ritter

Oh wow, how neat!! Thanks so much--learned a few things.
@Ritter

Oh wow, how neat!! Thanks so much--learned a few things.
hisscale_fr_sig_fun_just_top___copy_by_hisscale-dalw0n9.png
@Ritter

I'll try that when I have computer access again ! That would be very intersting to know (although ever subject to change). For the smallest it would mean to find a way to specify that said dragon is in its full maturity ! Hatchlings and still growing would gives off false results !
Thank you for the idea :} it is not usual for me to find values on Google ;D

And for your informations thank you I'll take a look !

@hisscale

Yeah having the calculatory values of devs would also be nice ! I wonder how it is calculated. I also started to wonder about crossbreeds breeding, if it influence anything or whatever ? Which would mean that reproducing with an Imp (other than potentially being very painful, poor faes) would always increase the size.

Does anyone have any idea how you check the number of dragons per Fly ?

Afterward I'd like to do genes statistics. And if I am very bored I may work with colours %D but there are so many of them !
I love statistics.
@Ritter

I'll try that when I have computer access again ! That would be very intersting to know (although ever subject to change). For the smallest it would mean to find a way to specify that said dragon is in its full maturity ! Hatchlings and still growing would gives off false results !
Thank you for the idea :} it is not usual for me to find values on Google ;D

And for your informations thank you I'll take a look !

@hisscale

Yeah having the calculatory values of devs would also be nice ! I wonder how it is calculated. I also started to wonder about crossbreeds breeding, if it influence anything or whatever ? Which would mean that reproducing with an Imp (other than potentially being very painful, poor faes) would always increase the size.

Does anyone have any idea how you check the number of dragons per Fly ?

Afterward I'd like to do genes statistics. And if I am very bored I may work with colours %D but there are so many of them !
I love statistics.
Reworking clan lore
@Rauxel sorry if i misread something oops [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3176588] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/31766/3176588_350.png[/img] [/url] Salenor here has a wingspan of [b]8.52m[/b]. ^^ [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=788671] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/7887/788671_350.png[/img] [/url] And Shaami has a length of [b]7.26m[/b]. Just for when/if you update it~
@Rauxel
sorry if i misread something oops

3176588_350.png

Salenor here has a wingspan of 8.52m. ^^

788671_350.png

And Shaami has a length of 7.26m.

Just for when/if you update it~
cVPo4yi.png
bYt72YT.png
LRdLP2V.png
rUoKR6y.png
WRW2rGw.png
@hippogryph

Well they are big wildclaws ^^ out of the mean range. I think I'll do a graph to explain what my limits mean. I'll work on it tonight or tomorrow morning.
@hippogryph

Well they are big wildclaws ^^ out of the mean range. I think I'll do a graph to explain what my limits mean. I'll work on it tonight or tomorrow morning.
Reworking clan lore
@Rauxel, for finding the smaller values you have to add "Age months" is into the Google Search and ages between 2 and 11 months should pop up in bold before the measurement you're trying to find. Then you can put in "Age Year" to include the older dragons, at least until June 2015 comes around. About your curiosity about Cross-Breeding sizes; I haven't noticed a significant effect on offspring (of at least 2 months age) size from Guardian-Ridgeback pairs. Pretty sure the size is dependent only on what the individual's breed is, not its parentage. [img]http://www.uh.edu/engines/bellcurve.jpg[/img] [img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8c/Standard_deviation_diagram.svg[/img] For those wondering why more typical values are just as important as the greatest and smallest values, these Bell Curves might help. While population statistics will never produce a perfect bell curve like above, many times you can get a curve that's [i]mostly[/i] bell shaped. Assuming the population is a 'normal' one that is, but that's a subject that's not easy to explain without going into a full lecture! Standard Deviations and mean are key values because they are used for a lot of different calculations to help give a population a good representation. I believe Rauxel is trying to look at the 'normal average' (still a bit tough to explain) of Length, Wingspan and Weight of dragon species and from there, show what may be considered 'not-so-average' values and finally extreme values which I've been calling "Record Holders." Outliers might be a better term for that last group, but I'm borrowing the term for erroneous or glitched entries at the moment. 1 standard deviation (both sides) outside the mean of the [i]ideal curve[/i] represents the 'most average' values so to speak, or about 68% of the population's makeup. 2 deviations would include values that are a 'little outside average' and 3 standard deviations is where the exceptional values of the population are found.
@Rauxel, for finding the smaller values you have to add "Age months" is into the Google Search and ages between 2 and 11 months should pop up in bold before the measurement you're trying to find. Then you can put in "Age Year" to include the older dragons, at least until June 2015 comes around.

About your curiosity about Cross-Breeding sizes; I haven't noticed a significant effect on offspring (of at least 2 months age) size from Guardian-Ridgeback pairs. Pretty sure the size is dependent only on what the individual's breed is, not its parentage.

bellcurve.jpg
[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8c/Standard_deviation_diagram.svg[/img]
For those wondering why more typical values are just as important as the greatest and smallest values, these Bell Curves might help. While population statistics will never produce a perfect bell curve like above, many times you can get a curve that's mostly bell shaped. Assuming the population is a 'normal' one that is, but that's a subject that's not easy to explain without going into a full lecture!

Standard Deviations and mean are key values because they are used for a lot of different calculations to help give a population a good representation.

I believe Rauxel is trying to look at the 'normal average' (still a bit tough to explain) of Length, Wingspan and Weight of dragon species and from there, show what may be considered 'not-so-average' values and finally extreme values which I've been calling "Record Holders." Outliers might be a better term for that last group, but I'm borrowing the term for erroneous or glitched entries at the moment.

1 standard deviation (both sides) outside the mean of the ideal curve represents the 'most average' values so to speak, or about 68% of the population's makeup. 2 deviations would include values that are a 'little outside average' and 3 standard deviations is where the exceptional values of the population are found.
@Ritter

Thank you for the awesome explanation I was not able to give from my mobile !
@Ritter

Thank you for the awesome explanation I was not able to give from my mobile !
Reworking clan lore
@Ritter @Hisscale @Hippogryph @Roro I tried something new (example as the guardian), do you think it is easier to understand now ? ;} Thank you for your feedbacks !
@Ritter @Hisscale @Hippogryph @Roro I tried something new (example as the guardian), do you think it is easier to understand now ? ;} Thank you for your feedbacks !
Reworking clan lore
@Rauxel, haha, "feather" and "******" are great for the tails of the Weight category! You might want to use a smaller font for the weights though, since the numbers are close to running together. And perhaps a lead line to make the deviations a bit more visible?

Did you use the values from the Google Doc link? If you're not using those entries, you could start your own spreadsheet to log more current values.
@Rauxel, haha, "feather" and "******" are great for the tails of the Weight category! You might want to use a smaller font for the weights though, since the numbers are close to running together. And perhaps a lead line to make the deviations a bit more visible?

Did you use the values from the Google Doc link? If you're not using those entries, you could start your own spreadsheet to log more current values.
@Rauxel That is a lot easier to understand! I'm also curious if you're planning to make separate graphs for males and female?
@Rauxel That is a lot easier to understand! I'm also curious if you're planning to make separate graphs for males and female?
rossignol.gif
The graph is awesome!! I'd keep this topic tabbed to see if I ever got a neat little oddity. :D
The graph is awesome!! I'd keep this topic tabbed to see if I ever got a neat little oddity. :D
hisscale_fr_sig_fun_just_top___copy_by_hisscale-dalw0n9.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 26 27