Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [OLD] Visual Familiars Guide
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24
This is amazingly helpful! Thank you SOOOO much!
This is amazingly helpful! Thank you SOOOO much!
UZ6dqn4.png
Oh god yaseee THANK YOU!
Oh god yaseee THANK YOU!
ice_banner.pngwizard_icearmor.pngwizard_blizzard.pngwizard_rayoffrost.pngice_banner.png
Visit my Gen 1 hatchery today!
I collect and breed Gen 1 Coatls.
Vote: I would keep all the eel-fish together, yes. That's what I was doing when I was at the peak of my bonding.

Also, I'd keep the Blacktalon Striker and Raptorik Warrior together with the Aviar and Untamed Aviar instead of with the Tengu, although I see why you did that. Perhaps a group of five?

It's really nice to see all the art together like this! Thank you for sharing it.
Vote: I would keep all the eel-fish together, yes. That's what I was doing when I was at the peak of my bonding.

Also, I'd keep the Blacktalon Striker and Raptorik Warrior together with the Aviar and Untamed Aviar instead of with the Tengu, although I see why you did that. Perhaps a group of five?

It's really nice to see all the art together like this! Thank you for sharing it.
@Tanarian Thank you for voting :) And that's an interesting idea, I hadn't considered that. Although, it would seem to me that the Raptorik are more humanoid-shaped than the Aviar, and they have separate arm and wing limbs, while the Aviar seem to have hand-like claws on their wings. Some of these differences could be explained by the familiar art getting better - I'm certainly noticing the lineart being more subtle in the new Centaurs than with the old Dunhoofs (hooves?) - but there's no mention of the Aviar in the Beastclan article about the Talonok. (I like how I immediately decided that lore takes precedence... 9_9) Here's a side-by-side comparison, I'll have to look at it myself. [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/1173.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/6335.png[/img] In the end, they [i]are[/i] all bird people. Maybe they should go together. I'll add another vote about that, see what the public thinks :) Edit: The more I look at them together, the more I think they should be together - just like the eely things. Thank you for bringing this to my attention :)
@Tanarian

Thank you for voting :)

And that's an interesting idea, I hadn't considered that. Although, it would seem to me that the Raptorik are more humanoid-shaped than the Aviar, and they have separate arm and wing limbs, while the Aviar seem to have hand-like claws on their wings. Some of these differences could be explained by the familiar art getting better - I'm certainly noticing the lineart being more subtle in the new Centaurs than with the old Dunhoofs (hooves?) - but there's no mention of the Aviar in the Beastclan article about the Talonok. (I like how I immediately decided that lore takes precedence... 9_9)

Here's a side-by-side comparison, I'll have to look at it myself.
1173.png6335.png

In the end, they are all bird people. Maybe they should go together. I'll add another vote about that, see what the public thinks :)

Edit: The more I look at them together, the more I think they should be together - just like the eely things. Thank you for bringing this to my attention :)
nT4ZdTo.png
@anue

Thanks for making this! Really handy to be able to see them.
@anue

Thanks for making this! Really handy to be able to see them.
Hm, you don't have the hippogriffs together (honestly, I wish they'd kept closer to the original art style for them, but oh well)?
Hm, you don't have the hippogriffs together (honestly, I wish they'd kept closer to the original art style for them, but oh well)?
tumblr_inline_nj6epdCZlw1r3h1o8.png tumblr_inline_njhit9xsrc1r3h1o8.png tumblr_inline_njhw3ckexo1r3h1o8.png tumblr_inline_njhww49faV1r3h1o8.png lZEZOSe.png
tumblr_inline_njhi10xfDw1r3h1o8.png tumblr_inline_nj6fiuIGx01r3h1o8.png tumblr_inline_njhyh4jVHZ1r3h1o8.png tumblr_inline_njhyq13RFE1r3h1o8.png
@SFFCorgi

Oh yeah, they are all Hippogriffs. An oversight with a healthy dose of derp x) I'll fix that right away.
@SFFCorgi

Oh yeah, they are all Hippogriffs. An oversight with a healthy dose of derp x) I'll fix that right away.
nT4ZdTo.png
@anue - very lovely guide. Perhaps you could also put down where/how to obtain them as well? I know there are other similar guides that do it but to put it with a visual guide would be awesome.
@anue - very lovely guide. Perhaps you could also put down where/how to obtain them as well? I know there are other similar guides that do it but to put it with a visual guide would be awesome.
@Korival

Your suggestion does have a point, I agree. However I feel it would be a lot of work, especially considering that there are many ways to obtain some familiars - some drop from the Coliseum and are found in chests and in the treasure marketplace. Besides I think it would mess with the current clean format, and make the two posts I reserved huge and perhaps inadequate for all the data.

There are already threads dedicated to the sole purpose of keeping track of how each familiar is obtained, and they often depend on user reports to keep the information up to date. For example, familiars I thought were gathering specific (such as the Manticore) have been reportedly found in gilded chests. I have also heard reports of the new Beastclans familiars being found in chests.

A part of the reason I made this guide as it is was the knowledge that I wouldn't have to put a lot of effort into keeping it up to date. I have a tendency to abandon projects that take up too much of my time :)
@Korival

Your suggestion does have a point, I agree. However I feel it would be a lot of work, especially considering that there are many ways to obtain some familiars - some drop from the Coliseum and are found in chests and in the treasure marketplace. Besides I think it would mess with the current clean format, and make the two posts I reserved huge and perhaps inadequate for all the data.

There are already threads dedicated to the sole purpose of keeping track of how each familiar is obtained, and they often depend on user reports to keep the information up to date. For example, familiars I thought were gathering specific (such as the Manticore) have been reportedly found in gilded chests. I have also heard reports of the new Beastclans familiars being found in chests.

A part of the reason I made this guide as it is was the knowledge that I wouldn't have to put a lot of effort into keeping it up to date. I have a tendency to abandon projects that take up too much of my time :)
nT4ZdTo.png
This is actually really useful XD I hope you keep this up :)
This is actually really useful XD I hope you keep this up :)
tumblr_ntrk5fRxsj1sk2f1lo1_500.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24