Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [Guide] BBCode
1 2 ... 104 105 106 107 108 ... 247 248
@Brambleflower You would start with this code: [code] [columns] [/code] Type what you want in the left-most column then add this: [code] [nextcol] [/code] The make another beside it. Use this at the end when your done: [code] [/columns] [/code] So in the end you get this: [columns] text and such go here......... [nextcol] text and such also go here [/columns] [code] [columns] text and such go here [nextcol] text and such also go here [/columns] [/code] You can keep adding nextcol code to add another column. Hope this helps!
@Brambleflower

You would start with this code:
Code:
[columns]

Type what you want in the left-most column then add this:
Code:
[nextcol]

The make another beside it. Use this at the end when your done:
Code:
[/columns]

So in the end you get this:
text and such go here......... text and such also go here
Code:
[columns] text and such go here [nextcol] text and such also go here [/columns]
You can keep adding nextcol code to add another column.

Hope this helps!
cGpFABG.pngo175-d02-Tuath.pngo306-d01-Tuath.pngo306-d02-Tuath.pngo306-d03-Tuath.pngo175-d01-Tuath.pngo175-d03-Tuath.pngTTH4.pngTTH3.pngo175-d11-Tuath.pngo175-d13-Tuath.pngo175-d15-Tuath.pngo175-d14-Tuath.pngx4cXPgB.pngo175-d12-Tuath.pngFvbaFhQ.png1RnuwcB.png5PhiNKS.pngl6-s3-l6-book.pngl6-s3-s3-book.pngB18_R.png
yym0GF5.png
@chocoapple

aaaA forgive me if I'm mistaken, but isn't that the code listed on the front of the thread, where it's just columns next to each other? I'm not sure if the type of code I'm looking for exists in FR, but I was thinking like having a larger column, with two or more columns under/above that large column. Something like this, for example, where that column I screenshotted is a whole, and there are other miscellaneous columns under.

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough! The screenshot was taken from my own signature on CS, and since the coding from the two sites is slightly different, I thought that I should take some time to learn the coding for FR as well.
@chocoapple

aaaA forgive me if I'm mistaken, but isn't that the code listed on the front of the thread, where it's just columns next to each other? I'm not sure if the type of code I'm looking for exists in FR, but I was thinking like having a larger column, with two or more columns under/above that large column. Something like this, for example, where that column I screenshotted is a whole, and there are other miscellaneous columns under.

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough! The screenshot was taken from my own signature on CS, and since the coding from the two sites is slightly different, I thought that I should take some time to learn the coding for FR as well.
OS4xNsa.png
Does anyone have a list of the fonts that could be used?
Does anyone have a list of the fonts that could be used?
PdiBTNZ.pngiwOM9O6.pngnj6WwdN.pngE2bewfg.pngPTVAf7u.pngygWzlbs.pngWH26Bag.pngT2nbrk6.pngfdYUwzM.pngSKppn6R.pngDh5ETRX.png
^ I second that, it would be nice if we knew which fonts could be used...
^ I second that, it would be nice if we knew which fonts could be used...
U4Cs8mx.gif
|| He/She/They | FRT+3 | INFP | Demi x3 | Lore Clan | Eternal Acolight ||
floating_hearts_demiromantic_by_awesomewaffle11-dczokz7.giffloating_hearts_demigirl_by_awesomewaffle11-dczoifg.giffloating_hearts_demisexual_by_awesomewaffle11-dczokz2.gif
@Tarzyn @Saraceaser Are you talking about image based fonts or actual letter fonts? There's the tutorial on the front you can use, or [url=http://www.messletters.com/en/]messletters[/url], but some may not show up. Regarding messletters, just copy and paste, and all should be fine. For the tutorial on the front, open up Microsoft Word, and browse through the fonts that you have there, and replace the name of the font you want with the text after the = and before the ]. [code][font=Insert font here, including spaces]INSERT TEXT HERE[/font][/code]
@Tarzyn @Saraceaser

Are you talking about image based fonts or actual letter fonts? There's the tutorial on the front you can use, or messletters, but some may not show up. Regarding messletters, just copy and paste, and all should be fine. For the tutorial on the front, open up Microsoft Word, and browse through the fonts that you have there, and replace the name of the font you want with the text after the = and before the ].
Code:
[font=Insert font here, including spaces]INSERT TEXT HERE[/font]
OS4xNsa.png
@Tarzyn and @Saraceaser

Also there is a font list of ones that work on site here.

@Brambleflower

I'm getting to your question, it's just taking me a bit of time to explain since it's a little complex.
@Tarzyn and @Saraceaser

Also there is a font list of ones that work on site here.

@Brambleflower

I'm getting to your question, it's just taking me a bit of time to explain since it's a little complex.
cGpFABG.pngo175-d02-Tuath.pngo306-d01-Tuath.pngo306-d02-Tuath.pngo306-d03-Tuath.pngo175-d01-Tuath.pngo175-d03-Tuath.pngTTH4.pngTTH3.pngo175-d11-Tuath.pngo175-d13-Tuath.pngo175-d15-Tuath.pngo175-d14-Tuath.pngx4cXPgB.pngo175-d12-Tuath.pngFvbaFhQ.png1RnuwcB.png5PhiNKS.pngl6-s3-l6-book.pngl6-s3-s3-book.pngB18_R.png
yym0GF5.png
@chocoapple
That's fine, thank you for taking the time to answer it ^^
@chocoapple
That's fine, thank you for taking the time to answer it ^^
OS4xNsa.png
@Brambleflower Ah, I see what your talking about now. Here is an awful thing I made in Paint: [img]http://i.imgur.com/VvrhvQk.png[/img] You need your columns to act like a grid in that you want one [i]under[/i] the other as well, right? That's going to be a bit harder. FR's columns only work left to right, but you can stack them. So let's make something similar to my awful ms paint drawing: First I have a blank box in the upper left, then moving towards the right I have words and another blank box. For me to make that first "box", I'd have to make something transparent and move it over with text. So say we use "8", first box will look like this: [code] [columns] [color=transparent]888888888[/color] [/code] Then, I'd say some words in the middle: [code] [nextcol] [i][b]Hello![/b][/i] [/code] And end it with the same code in the first box: (We're ending it so we put the column ending code too) [code] [nextcol] [color=transparent]888888888[/color] [/columns] [/code] So now I have that first row: (You can see the 8's when you highlight it) [columns] [color=transparent]888888888[/color] [nextcol] [i][b]Hello![/b][/i] [nextcol] [color=transparent]888888888[/color] [/columns] Ok sweet. Next would be the bottom part, so we make another column, which the site will read as a new row. This time I'll add an image: [code] [columns] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/revamp/banners/lightning_small.png[/img] [/code] Then in the next I'll put text, and then end with that same image again: [code] [nextcol] Text and such, put links here, let us know your favorite color, who's ya best friend, the works. [nextcol] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/revamp/banners/lightning_small.png[/img] [/columns] [/code] So now if we put all that under the "Hello" ones we get: [columns] [color=transparent]888888888[/color] [nextcol] [i][b]Hello![/b][/i] [nextcol] [color=transparent]888888888[/color] [/columns] [columns] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/revamp/banners/lightning_small.png[/img] [nextcol] Text and such, put links here, let us know your favorite color, who's ya best friend, the works. [nextcol] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/revamp/banners/lightning_small.png[/img] [/columns] Which still isn't the best, but we can tweak it with font size, adding 8's to get everything lined up, etc. FR's code is a bit tricky, but you can find work-arounds.
@Brambleflower

Ah, I see what your talking about now.
Here is an awful thing I made in Paint:
VvrhvQk.png
You need your columns to act like a grid in that you want one under the other as well, right?

That's going to be a bit harder. FR's columns only work left to right, but you can stack them.

So let's make something similar to my awful ms paint drawing:

First I have a blank box in the upper left, then moving towards the right I have words and another blank box. For me to make that first "box", I'd have to make something transparent and move it over with text. So say we use "8", first box will look like this:
Code:
[columns] [color=transparent]888888888[/color]

Then, I'd say some words in the middle:
Code:
[nextcol] [i][b]Hello![/b][/i]

And end it with the same code in the first box: (We're ending it so we put the column ending code too)
Code:
[nextcol] [color=transparent]888888888[/color] [/columns]

So now I have that first row: (You can see the 8's when you highlight it)

Hello!

Ok sweet. Next would be the bottom part, so we make another column, which the site will read as a new row. This time I'll add an image:
Code:
[columns] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/revamp/banners/lightning_small.png[/img]

Then in the next I'll put text, and then end with that same image again:
Code:
[nextcol] Text and such, put links here, let us know your favorite color, who's ya best friend, the works. [nextcol] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/revamp/banners/lightning_small.png[/img] [/columns]

So now if we put all that under the "Hello" ones we get:

Hello!
lightning_small.png

Text and such, put links here, let us know your favorite color, who's ya best friend, the works.
lightning_small.png

Which still isn't the best, but we can tweak it with font size, adding 8's to get everything lined up, etc.
FR's code is a bit tricky, but you can find work-arounds.
yym0GF5.png
@chocoapple

Oh, I see, that makes a lot of sense now! Thank you so much <3
@chocoapple

Oh, I see, that makes a lot of sense now! Thank you so much <3
OS4xNsa.png
testing
testing
art_shop.png
1 2 ... 104 105 106 107 108 ... 247 248