Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | How to Train Your Dragon, By Duke
1 2 ... 438 439 440 441 442 ... 471 472
Where does Haste drop?
Where does Haste drop?
@Hive A long list of creatures - starting at Woodland Path.

Training Fields: 0 enemies
Woodland Path: 2 enemies
Scorched Forest: 3 enemies
Sandswept Delta: 1 enemy
Blooming Grove: 3 enemies
Forgotten Cave: 3 enemies
Bamboo Falls: 2 enemies
Thunderhead Savanna: 4 enemies
Redrock Cove: 4 enemies
Waterway: 2 enemies
Arena: 4 enemies
Volcanic Vents: 4 enemies
Rainsong Jungle: 2 enemies
Boreal Wood: 4 enemies
Crystal Pools: 3 enemies
Harpy's Roost: 4 enemies
Ghostlight Ruins: 4 enemies
Mire: 3 enemies
Kelp Beds: 2 enemies
Golem Workshop: 4 enemies

dragonilluminaticonfirmed.gif
@Shadowdawn199 Wind is preferred for a mage for Golem Workshop, so Nine would be able to do that. Nature and Water are best for Ghostlight Ruins, so Opalescence could be a Ruins Raider. (I have a Nature Ruins Raider that I use for most of my fodder training.) But if they're planned for an Anticitank, you may want to look for something else for a flyer.

Mire & Ghostlight Ruins are the fastest for 2-fodder training. Mire wants Arcane and can work with Earth.

Ghostlight Ruins wants water or nature but element is less important; there's fewer fast mages there. (You don't want anything weak to wind or light. So: not not: wind, shadow, lightning, arcane, plague, earth. Light or Ice should be okay.)

Ice is okay for some Kelp Beds builds. Shadow and Light are both "meh" for coli builds, but not bad for most. (Shadow is terrible for the Mire. When Kelp Beds opened, I was surprised at how much easier it was.) Shadow's okay for Harpy's Roost.

However, Maki's 133/40 plan is pretty forgiving of mismatched elements.
@Shadowdawn199 Wind is preferred for a mage for Golem Workshop, so Nine would be able to do that. Nature and Water are best for Ghostlight Ruins, so Opalescence could be a Ruins Raider. (I have a Nature Ruins Raider that I use for most of my fodder training.) But if they're planned for an Anticitank, you may want to look for something else for a flyer.

Mire & Ghostlight Ruins are the fastest for 2-fodder training. Mire wants Arcane and can work with Earth.

Ghostlight Ruins wants water or nature but element is less important; there's fewer fast mages there. (You don't want anything weak to wind or light. So: not not: wind, shadow, lightning, arcane, plague, earth. Light or Ice should be okay.)

Ice is okay for some Kelp Beds builds. Shadow and Light are both "meh" for coli builds, but not bad for most. (Shadow is terrible for the Mire. When Kelp Beds opened, I was surprised at how much easier it was.) Shadow's okay for Harpy's Roost.

However, Maki's 133/40 plan is pretty forgiving of mismatched elements.
[quote name="ErisLordFreedom" date="2020-12-08 17:37:45" ] @Hive A long list of creatures - starting at Woodland Path. Training Fields: 0 enemies Woodland Path: 2 enemies Scorched Forest: 3 enemies Sandswept Delta: 1 enemy Blooming Grove: 3 enemies Forgotten Cave: 3 enemies Bamboo Falls: 2 enemies Thunderhead Savanna: 4 enemies Redrock Cove: 4 enemies Waterway: 2 enemies Arena: 4 enemies Volcanic Vents: 4 enemies Rainsong Jungle: 2 enemies Boreal Wood: 4 enemies Crystal Pools: 3 enemies Harpy's Roost: 4 enemies Ghostlight Ruins: 4 enemies Mire: 3 enemies Kelp Beds: 2 enemies Golem Workshop: 4 enemies [/quote] Thank you!!
ErisLordFreedom wrote on 2020-12-08 17:37:45:

Thank you!!
@ErisLordFreedom

is the ruins raider comparable to a flyer? bcos if so, i would happily switch opalescence over to that. or i could make one of the others a raider, and he stays an anticitank. but either way, thank you! you summarised some of the stuff i knew but was having trouble processing and i really appreciate it :D
@ErisLordFreedom

is the ruins raider comparable to a flyer? bcos if so, i would happily switch opalescence over to that. or i could make one of the others a raider, and he stays an anticitank. but either way, thank you! you summarised some of the stuff i knew but was having trouble processing and i really appreciate it :D
@Shadowdawn199 Ruins Raider is comparable to a flyer. It's a little faster for leveling up to 5, and a little slower for level up to 7 or 8, because there's a chance of bosses, and it takes longer to get a good starting mob in the Ruins.

There are no 2-enemy mobs in the Ruins, so refreshing to get an all-mage set can take several tries. But once you're up to speed, it's good.

A Nature Ruins Raider can sometimes take out the Nature boss, if you're at max health & breath to start. (And sometimes take out the other boss, if you're maxed AND lucky. But either of them is slow and wears you down a lot; don't bother if you're training fast.)

I have a RR and a Mire Flyer and I switch between them based on how bored I am in one venue or the other, or during festival or event weeks when one is better for farming. I think the Flyer is a bit more stable, but it really is only a tiny bit.

Anything Boreal Wood or below, elements don't really matter; at L25, you'll be so fast or so tough or both that you won't take enough hits to make a difference. But training in Boreal Wood is very slow, and everything below that is farm only, can't train.
@Shadowdawn199 Ruins Raider is comparable to a flyer. It's a little faster for leveling up to 5, and a little slower for level up to 7 or 8, because there's a chance of bosses, and it takes longer to get a good starting mob in the Ruins.

There are no 2-enemy mobs in the Ruins, so refreshing to get an all-mage set can take several tries. But once you're up to speed, it's good.

A Nature Ruins Raider can sometimes take out the Nature boss, if you're at max health & breath to start. (And sometimes take out the other boss, if you're maxed AND lucky. But either of them is slow and wears you down a lot; don't bother if you're training fast.)

I have a RR and a Mire Flyer and I switch between them based on how bored I am in one venue or the other, or during festival or event weeks when one is better for farming. I think the Flyer is a bit more stable, but it really is only a tiny bit.

Anything Boreal Wood or below, elements don't really matter; at L25, you'll be so fast or so tough or both that you won't take enough hits to make a difference. But training in Boreal Wood is very slow, and everything below that is farm only, can't train.
@ErisLordFreedom
@Shadowdawn199

Adding to that, I found Ruins Raider very fragile (and Anticitank difficult to start with), but Maki's newer version is nicely tanky and similar to Mire builds

I've been updating my dragons to Maki's builds and overall they are the best option now since the other guides haven't been updated since the Coli overhaul a couple of years ago
@ErisLordFreedom
@Shadowdawn199

Adding to that, I found Ruins Raider very fragile (and Anticitank difficult to start with), but Maki's newer version is nicely tanky and similar to Mire builds

I've been updating my dragons to Maki's builds and overall they are the best option now since the other guides haven't been updated since the Coli overhaul a couple of years ago
hWsjkHE.png
@Elaendorlien Thanks for that! Maki's Ruins trainer does look more stable. Looks like it's the same stones; I'll have to think about if it's worth tincturing to change the stats.
@Elaendorlien Thanks for that! Maki's Ruins trainer does look more stable. Looks like it's the same stones; I'll have to think about if it's worth tincturing to change the stats.
Mark
Mark
TwhtgR1.png[/url]

@Ashune Making sure I don't lose this.

@Ashune Making sure I don't lose this.
rainbow-pansexual-splotch-heckin-pan2.png
1 2 ... 438 439 440 441 442 ... 471 472