Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Re: 45 day window and threads
I've already made my feelings on this clear but, yeah ... this could have been handled better and I'm disappointed with the staff response too.

I WILL agree that the playerbase has thrown it out of proportion a bit, and it hasn't ruined Fathom's for me, but I do agree it should have been handled way better than it was by staff, and them basically turning around to say 'well you should have checked the thread' is .... meh :(

I'm sorry to those that feel like their dragons have been ruined though :< I'm not a fan of the new look of them either, I preferred how they were before.
I've already made my feelings on this clear but, yeah ... this could have been handled better and I'm disappointed with the staff response too.

I WILL agree that the playerbase has thrown it out of proportion a bit, and it hasn't ruined Fathom's for me, but I do agree it should have been handled way better than it was by staff, and them basically turning around to say 'well you should have checked the thread' is .... meh :(

I'm sorry to those that feel like their dragons have been ruined though :< I'm not a fan of the new look of them either, I preferred how they were before.
972ee6408be03363898b64bb29e640034b1310b4.png7667dd2c536ecd719b369737ff16de5f7adb05d1.pnge6cfb360af67b7bc3881ae209414f2ca128d5b19.png
[quote name="CreatesGod" date="2024-10-12 01:07:21" ] But there are several users who think that this issue with the Fathom F secondary is the end of all the good in flight rising, and that there's no reason to stick around anymore, or that the staff truly don't care at all, which is absolutely absurd. The rage that some users have over a small gene change is just too much for me. I don't think it's that big of a deal. If I had a Fathom who looked a way I didn't like after the change, I'd probably change the gene, breed, or pose and move on. I think it's reasonable to ask the staff to have more consideration before new genes are released, but I think the amount of hatred towards the staff over this is way beyond what is reasonable. [/quote] I think people are mostly upset because this is the third? fourth? time this happened and you have to keep in mind that some people spent real money to put this specific gene on their dragon. I would be upset too if I spent 1.5kg on a gene just to spend potentially another 1.5kg to change it to something else. Yeah people can get heated but imo the response we got did sound a bit dismissive. Personally I do think changing the color on a whole area is a pretty big change and I understand that people are angry.
CreatesGod wrote on 2024-10-12 01:07:21:
But there are several users who think that this issue with the Fathom F secondary is the end of all the good in flight rising, and that there's no reason to stick around anymore, or that the staff truly don't care at all, which is absolutely absurd.

The rage that some users have over a small gene change is just too much for me. I don't think it's that big of a deal. If I had a Fathom who looked a way I didn't like after the change, I'd probably change the gene, breed, or pose and move on. I think it's reasonable to ask the staff to have more consideration before new genes are released, but I think the amount of hatred towards the staff over this is way beyond what is reasonable.
I think people are mostly upset because this is the third? fourth? time this happened and you have to keep in mind that some people spent real money to put this specific gene on their dragon. I would be upset too if I spent 1.5kg on a gene just to spend potentially another 1.5kg to change it to something else. Yeah people can get heated but imo the response we got did sound a bit dismissive. Personally I do think changing the color on a whole area is a pretty big change and I understand that people are angry.
tumblr_otyhq9Ynj41vsg0m1o1_400.pngsmall_save_the_imps2_by_keldeostar-dc6ioyu.pngtumblr_otyhq9Ynj41vsg0m1o1_400.pnghttps://68.media.tumblr.com/d520b49ad1e535b4432d0a80efc5db86/tumblr_otyhq9Ynj41vsg0m1o1_400.png[/img]
[quote name="NightGaze" date="2024-10-11 21:22:47" ] And on top of that, it still feels like staff doesn't understand why the player base doesn't like major changes: it's not just because of miscommunication, it's because players are tired of major things being altered for consistency sake when they were perfectly fine beforehand, and an obvious artist intention. [/quote] I think this is the main point that the staff response did not address. The playerbase simply does not like the change. People are going to care more about their dragons looking good than consistency. I quite like inconsistencies! They give each breed and pose uniqueness, sometimes a colour/gene combo can be saved because it looks just right on one breed/pose.
NightGaze wrote on 2024-10-11 21:22:47:
And on top of that, it still feels like staff doesn't understand why the player base doesn't like major changes: it's not just because of miscommunication, it's because players are tired of major things being altered for consistency sake when they were perfectly fine beforehand, and an obvious artist intention.

I think this is the main point that the staff response did not address. The playerbase simply does not like the change. People are going to care more about their dragons looking good than consistency. I quite like inconsistencies! They give each breed and pose uniqueness, sometimes a colour/gene combo can be saved because it looks just right on one breed/pose.
xu283Kp.gif...3qZ2TWJ.gif1328MiZ.gifOipIF0J.gif....7F3QtXR.gif
Yeah, I'm feeling like the staff:
  1. Didn't listen at all to our concerns
  2. Didn't address our concerns and points AT ALL in the "response" post
  3. Just told us to get over it

It's also just... The biggest cope, imo, to insist the change is a technical one. It's not. No matter how many times they quote their own "definition", that's just not what technical means. The Striation misalignment was technical. The Fathom F wing change is absolutely a cosmetic change, regardless of the other poses (and, in fact, matches all the official NPC art we got). Repeating their own words gives me such an unprofessional impression of the staff, it's not even funny.

This might be the final nail in the coffin for me. I'm so tired of trying to just enjoy this site and instead feeling upset because the staff just... Don't listen.

With all the ""fixes"" implemented, my Fathom F's that aren't triple or XXY are ugly. I'm forced to either pose-change them or breed-change them. Guess it's a good thing the F pose was never my favourite.
Yeah, I'm feeling like the staff:
  1. Didn't listen at all to our concerns
  2. Didn't address our concerns and points AT ALL in the "response" post
  3. Just told us to get over it

It's also just... The biggest cope, imo, to insist the change is a technical one. It's not. No matter how many times they quote their own "definition", that's just not what technical means. The Striation misalignment was technical. The Fathom F wing change is absolutely a cosmetic change, regardless of the other poses (and, in fact, matches all the official NPC art we got). Repeating their own words gives me such an unprofessional impression of the staff, it's not even funny.

This might be the final nail in the coffin for me. I'm so tired of trying to just enjoy this site and instead feeling upset because the staff just... Don't listen.

With all the ""fixes"" implemented, my Fathom F's that aren't triple or XXY are ugly. I'm forced to either pose-change them or breed-change them. Guess it's a good thing the F pose was never my favourite.
mlHpBMC.png
9hqcHsy.png
ZxAR91S.png
HkZAJYc.png
watervs1.pngHbzShnh.pngmbWgKmD.pngwatershieldr.png
@vihuff

Ah, yeah I get that. I realized earlier and it's an error on my end. I completely agree with you, though I feel my post still stands as it makes the point of why the minor changes are so bad. That being said I'm going to edit it again so it comes off as intended.
@vihuff

Ah, yeah I get that. I realized earlier and it's an error on my end. I completely agree with you, though I feel my post still stands as it makes the point of why the minor changes are so bad. That being said I'm going to edit it again so it comes off as intended.
The biggest thing for me is, definitions aside... It just doesn't look good. I don't care about what type of "error" it's considered or the time window even as much as that. I know that's an opinion but it does seem to be the majority. I would rather it be inconsistent or "wrong" if it looks good. And if this was the intended way for the secondary to operate? Maybe they should have drawn the pose differently so the secondary wasn't just a big block of color like that.
The biggest thing for me is, definitions aside... It just doesn't look good. I don't care about what type of "error" it's considered or the time window even as much as that. I know that's an opinion but it does seem to be the majority. I would rather it be inconsistent or "wrong" if it looks good. And if this was the intended way for the secondary to operate? Maybe they should have drawn the pose differently so the secondary wasn't just a big block of color like that.

>>Many G1s for Sale
Inconsistencies within the same breed shouldn’t be considered a technical issue. I guess the staff has their logic as to why it is but situations like this HAVE to stop happening. If breeds really can’t be released without inconsistencies between the poses then it’s only fair to honor the 45-day window for them too. Why not? I just don’t get it.
Inconsistencies within the same breed shouldn’t be considered a technical issue. I guess the staff has their logic as to why it is but situations like this HAVE to stop happening. If breeds really can’t be released without inconsistencies between the poses then it’s only fair to honor the 45-day window for them too. Why not? I just don’t get it.
______ RAS7foa.png mlHpBMC.pngll0CfnD.pngxCVbB5p.png
Adult_Player_Beastclans.pngs7kOTpJ.gifLEpJMnn.png
cOKRArT.png5iXiC8z.pngNlmYDAS.png
sxmoj5E.pngr8v91MH.pngUhnDhXp.png
ykvnaK2.png
I'm sick and tired of all this bullcrap and being messed around by the staff at this point. I honestly don't think they're going to learn their lesson and leave things that don't need changing well enough alone.

If veilspun Koi is allowed to stay completely inconsistent with the koi gene art on other breeds (the total lack of coverage on the wings) as an intentional artistic choice, why are these other things that look like intentional artistic choices being altered for the sake of 'consistency' and downgrading them in the process?
I'm sick and tired of all this bullcrap and being messed around by the staff at this point. I honestly don't think they're going to learn their lesson and leave things that don't need changing well enough alone.

If veilspun Koi is allowed to stay completely inconsistent with the koi gene art on other breeds (the total lack of coverage on the wings) as an intentional artistic choice, why are these other things that look like intentional artistic choices being altered for the sake of 'consistency' and downgrading them in the process?
70963472_XPWFcmaFImCJJZ5.png
I think the worst part of all this is the attitude among the userbase that you're not supposed to interact with a new breed until a month or two after release, otherwise it's your fault that a gene you really liked might be an error and it's your fault for getting attached to it before the 45 day window and fixes are up. I'm glad there's actually communication about gene fixes now, but it's sort of pointless if the threads aren't being updated. For both of the last few breed releases, the gene errors thread weren't updated for weeks until right before they were locked.
I think the worst part of all this is the attitude among the userbase that you're not supposed to interact with a new breed until a month or two after release, otherwise it's your fault that a gene you really liked might be an error and it's your fault for getting attached to it before the 45 day window and fixes are up. I'm glad there's actually communication about gene fixes now, but it's sort of pointless if the threads aren't being updated. For both of the last few breed releases, the gene errors thread weren't updated for weeks until right before they were locked.
    An image of a brown and gold Gaoler dragon with Phantom, Paint, and Fans.
[quote name="888" date="2024-10-12 06:36:53" ] I think the worst part of all this is the attitude among the userbase that you're not supposed to interact with a new breed until a month or two after release, otherwise it's your fault that a gene you really liked might be an error and it's your fault for getting attached to it before the 45 day window and fixes are up. I'm glad there's actually communication about gene fixes now, but it's sort of pointless if the threads aren't being updated. For both of the last few breed releases, the gene errors thread weren't updated for weeks until right before they were locked. [/quote] Huge agree here, if you're allotting yourself a 45 day window, you need to be updating the error threads within that time, preferably sooner rather than later. The Aether error thread wasn't updated for over two weeks despite having pages of reported errors. They even left the wrong 45 day deadline in the description of the error post for that same amount of time, which was completely unhelpful. Nobody should have to feel like they need to avoid a new breed just because it hasn't been hammered out yet, something like the Fathom wrist I understand was a mistake but it should've been corrected before Fathoms released or made clear that it was a mistake within that window and that we needed to decide how to approach fixing the wrists without a huge dynamic change. All in all, any changes to the dragon should not happen after the 45 day window. That was the whole idea of having that window.
888 wrote on 2024-10-12 06:36:53:

Huge agree here, if you're allotting yourself a 45 day window, you need to be updating the error threads within that time, preferably sooner rather than later. The Aether error thread wasn't updated for over two weeks despite having pages of reported errors. They even left the wrong 45 day deadline in the description of the error post for that same amount of time, which was completely unhelpful. Nobody should have to feel like they need to avoid a new breed just because it hasn't been hammered out yet, something like the Fathom wrist I understand was a mistake but it should've been corrected before Fathoms released or made clear that it was a mistake within that window and that we needed to decide how to approach fixing the wrists without a huge dynamic change. All in all, any changes to the dragon should not happen after the 45 day window. That was the whole idea of having that window.
3a9d0622289c12839f9f0420d501f38a84eb7347.png _ LP/Parade
She/Her
FR+3

Skin Shop
Art Shop
Free Likes
Bounties
__ LittleParadeWeen.gif _ f3f3348d70ac2112bbf55e633601c82d9dbb4c89.png