Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | liking site activity drops
Go to previous page
Currently on page 1 Go to page 2
Go to next page
i really enjoy this new direction of adding drops from site activities (like fathom scrolls from tomo and the new familiars from bonding)

the fact that there is now a chance to get something unique and valuable from completing tasks makes it feel more worth it to me to do dailies. i am in fact excited to get to do them now with the added drops. i genuinely hope that there is more of these in future, because i feel it really breathes some new life to the gameplay :)
i really enjoy this new direction of adding drops from site activities (like fathom scrolls from tomo and the new familiars from bonding)

the fact that there is now a chance to get something unique and valuable from completing tasks makes it feel more worth it to me to do dailies. i am in fact excited to get to do them now with the added drops. i genuinely hope that there is more of these in future, because i feel it really breathes some new life to the gameplay :)
horizontal banner that has blue space background, The Arcanist who glows pink, and light pink text that says Thanks Arcanist
Ledi | finland | 10+ fr time | adult | artist & game dev
identity button signifying that user identifies as gayidentity button signifying that user is transgender and uses he pronounsidentity button that signifies that user is autisticidentity button that signifies that user has adhd
Never did Tomo until Fathoms were released.

I hope we get something for the fairgrounds next!
Never did Tomo until Fathoms were released.

I hope we get something for the fairgrounds next!
My art shop: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/3154548/1

Wishlist: https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/66071303
agreed! makes the daily grind a little more exciting
agreed! makes the daily grind a little more exciting
@bogfriend
she / her | + 3 fr time | avatar dragon | throw stanzi a rose
Yesssss <3 I would love if more things dropped from the bonding, fairgrounds
Yesssss <3 I would love if more things dropped from the bonding, fairgrounds
mty1nS3.gif
EVK4e3k.gifXF5EGor.gif7KVKeKl.gifCSL44D6.gif
Same! It’s been a feature fans have discussed for ages and it’s so cool to see being implemented. I hope we can see more, as it’ll be lovely surprised through the day
Same! It’s been a feature fans have discussed for ages and it’s so cool to see being implemented. I hope we can see more, as it’ll be lovely surprised through the day
Progen >93399p.png 68696002p.png< Avatar
I really love the idea, but as someone who can only play on mobile- and on a browser I ONLY use to play this game, since my primary one quite literally will not run it- it's really frustrating doing anything because it's so clunky to navigate the site at every turn. I can't do coli at all, bonding takes 5x as long going from dragon to dragon. not to mention I have a small lair. I started on PC but have been playing on mobile for a few years now (not by choice) and every time I get the chance to log in on a computer I'm amazed at how smooth and easy it is to navigate this site.

all that to say i love the idea of interaction rewards, but I really wish there was more regard to mobile players and the frustration of trying to grind on a completely unoptomized platform.

my choices boil down to a slower than normal frustrating grind, waiting until the AH is over-saturated and buying it (indefinite wait for something other players can easily get for free), or just forgetting about it until it drops sometime in like 3 years
I really love the idea, but as someone who can only play on mobile- and on a browser I ONLY use to play this game, since my primary one quite literally will not run it- it's really frustrating doing anything because it's so clunky to navigate the site at every turn. I can't do coli at all, bonding takes 5x as long going from dragon to dragon. not to mention I have a small lair. I started on PC but have been playing on mobile for a few years now (not by choice) and every time I get the chance to log in on a computer I'm amazed at how smooth and easy it is to navigate this site.

all that to say i love the idea of interaction rewards, but I really wish there was more regard to mobile players and the frustration of trying to grind on a completely unoptomized platform.

my choices boil down to a slower than normal frustrating grind, waiting until the AH is over-saturated and buying it (indefinite wait for something other players can easily get for free), or just forgetting about it until it drops sometime in like 3 years
dDVbBvO.pngaOKWJGu.gif
@thace if part of the mobile issues are page loading times, there's a small workaround with hitting the X on the "you got gold for hugging the familiar page", since then it doesn't reload the page and you can just go to the next one, fwiw? You might already know that, but just in case, yeah?

I think it's neat to get more excitement in various site features! What do you think would be a good fit for Crim? A recolor of the Crystal Collector from Avery's, maybe...?
@thace if part of the mobile issues are page loading times, there's a small workaround with hitting the X on the "you got gold for hugging the familiar page", since then it doesn't reload the page and you can just go to the next one, fwiw? You might already know that, but just in case, yeah?

I think it's neat to get more excitement in various site features! What do you think would be a good fit for Crim? A recolor of the Crystal Collector from Avery's, maybe...?
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, if you have a response to what I said!
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

I actually have a hard time with this being a mobile only player and having a super small drop rate, I'm already through like 500 fams and nothing, switching out fams is killing my fingers
This really is a nice change of pace! Typically I don't really familiar bond unless it's for NOTN or the two modern breed efforts. If they put more familiars in as a reward for bonding, maybe even adding some preexisting familiars into that pool, it would definitely encourage me to bond more often
This really is a nice change of pace! Typically I don't really familiar bond unless it's for NOTN or the two modern breed efforts. If they put more familiars in as a reward for bonding, maybe even adding some preexisting familiars into that pool, it would definitely encourage me to bond more often
Orca | they/he
Please check dragon profiles for pronouns before mentioning them!
@Renaiwom yes, I am aware but thank you, others might not have been. The problem for me is more with how tiny the X and most buttons on site are, you have to zoom in a lot or press 10 or 15 times to get it to register. Which doesn't seem like a big deal, but every time the page refreshes you have to zoom in all over.

so for PC, the bonding process looks like
press bond > press arrow key > press bond > etc

for mobile it looks like
zoom in > press bond > zoom in > press x > press x > press x > press x > wait for page to load again > press dragon to make "next" arrow appear > next page > wait for loading > repeat

you can see how this gets exhausting after even a few dragons. and this is on the MORE functional browser I've tried. it's a bit better on an ipad but imo it shouldn't be expected everyone has one, in the same way not everyone has a PC. we should work towards optimization for all. every aspect of site is so radically different between PC and mobile, it genuinely feels like an unfair advantage sometimes
@Renaiwom yes, I am aware but thank you, others might not have been. The problem for me is more with how tiny the X and most buttons on site are, you have to zoom in a lot or press 10 or 15 times to get it to register. Which doesn't seem like a big deal, but every time the page refreshes you have to zoom in all over.

so for PC, the bonding process looks like
press bond > press arrow key > press bond > etc

for mobile it looks like
zoom in > press bond > zoom in > press x > press x > press x > press x > wait for page to load again > press dragon to make "next" arrow appear > next page > wait for loading > repeat

you can see how this gets exhausting after even a few dragons. and this is on the MORE functional browser I've tried. it's a bit better on an ipad but imo it shouldn't be expected everyone has one, in the same way not everyone has a PC. we should work towards optimization for all. every aspect of site is so radically different between PC and mobile, it genuinely feels like an unfair advantage sometimes
dDVbBvO.pngaOKWJGu.gif
Go to previous page
Currently on page 1 Go to page 2
Go to next page