Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | I love unintentional implications
1 2
Has anyone considered how kinda horrifying the implications of making Bogsneak eggs are? Like, if you wanted to, you could just go up to Baldwin, and go “I want a child” and for a small fee, and some materials, you just get it, no questions asked. Bogsneaks are the only dragons that were created without a god as well, which implies that the dragons, if they so choose, could end up playing god themselves. Hell, they already are with the bogsneak eggs. Not to mention just, gene/breed change scrolls in general.

Man, I have a cool idea for an oc guys, I’ll be right back.
Has anyone considered how kinda horrifying the implications of making Bogsneak eggs are? Like, if you wanted to, you could just go up to Baldwin, and go “I want a child” and for a small fee, and some materials, you just get it, no questions asked. Bogsneaks are the only dragons that were created without a god as well, which implies that the dragons, if they so choose, could end up playing god themselves. Hell, they already are with the bogsneak eggs. Not to mention just, gene/breed change scrolls in general.

Man, I have a cool idea for an oc guys, I’ll be right back.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Maybe I'm just warped, but that doesn't sound horrifying to me at all, only neat! I enjoy the idea of Baldwin strolling up to the Eleven and being like "hey, I can do that too." Baldwin is like Prometheus. He discovered the secret to the creation of life and shared it with the world. No longer is it the province of gods; now it is the province of everyone.

(The horrifying part is that if the child is ugly, it is shunned by its clan and sold on the open market for 5 gems, or possibly sent off to serve the erstwhile deities without even being named.)
Maybe I'm just warped, but that doesn't sound horrifying to me at all, only neat! I enjoy the idea of Baldwin strolling up to the Eleven and being like "hey, I can do that too." Baldwin is like Prometheus. He discovered the secret to the creation of life and shared it with the world. No longer is it the province of gods; now it is the province of everyone.

(The horrifying part is that if the child is ugly, it is shunned by its clan and sold on the open market for 5 gems, or possibly sent off to serve the erstwhile deities without even being named.)
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
Baldwin saying "I want a child" brought me this meme to mind: [img]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/34/93/fe/3493fe107d03c6399f53b6a2a9f0e999.jpg[/img] hmm, y'know, with gene/breed change scrolls, i always saw it as simple as dying your hair or getting a tattoo... i guess it's so casualified that no one bats an eye when a dragon sports a bunch of gems over their body overnight. (though, i do have to admit breed change scrolls fascinate me... becoming an entirely different species and losing senses over another would be... disorienting, at least. i can defos imagine a brand new Tundra being frustrated with not being able to remember anything.)
Baldwin saying "I want a child" brought me this meme to mind:
3493fe107d03c6399f53b6a2a9f0e999.jpg

hmm, y'know, with gene/breed change scrolls, i always saw it as simple as dying your hair or getting a tattoo... i guess it's so casualified that no one bats an eye when a dragon sports a bunch of gems over their body overnight.

(though, i do have to admit breed change scrolls fascinate me... becoming an entirely different species and losing senses over another would be... disorienting, at least. i can defos imagine a brand new Tundra being frustrated with not being able to remember anything.)
I cooka da pizza!
He/She
Xk4COBJ.png
I will say the concept of bognseak eggs being brewed and created is something that shows up in my lore! I think it's a really interesting concept in a world where only the gods can create new breeds, how did dragons end up making one of their own?

I haven't written much about it yet, but I do know I'm going to tie it in to the Dustcarve Dig. Because for years we had a set group of moderns. Then all of a sudden a new one showed up? Secretly designed by the gods? It made a lot of mad genius scientists wonder if maybe they could create life as well. Evergreen and Daemon are actually both failed tests from these kinds of experiments

I know in-game bogs were released before obelisks, but in my head this order of events is cooler lol
I will say the concept of bognseak eggs being brewed and created is something that shows up in my lore! I think it's a really interesting concept in a world where only the gods can create new breeds, how did dragons end up making one of their own?

I haven't written much about it yet, but I do know I'm going to tie it in to the Dustcarve Dig. Because for years we had a set group of moderns. Then all of a sudden a new one showed up? Secretly designed by the gods? It made a lot of mad genius scientists wonder if maybe they could create life as well. Evergreen and Daemon are actually both failed tests from these kinds of experiments

I know in-game bogs were released before obelisks, but in my head this order of events is cooler lol
xxxArt of a black and grey wildclaw with green capsule leaping in the air with a big grin. They/Them with non-binary pride flag
Aroace with pride flag
FR Time +3
Student
Lore Info
Art of a red wildclaw from the neck up with pink feathers. Art Shop
Art Dump
Wishlist
Fandragons
Art of a green mirror plushie with brown button eyes.
Joe: I’ve always been a tundra I think?

Robert: No you were a ridgeback last month and for Stormcatcher’s sake this isn’t even your office Joe.

(I don’t have particularly good memory, so I feel for Joe. To be fair, it smelled like his office, so it ought to be his now.)
Joe: I’ve always been a tundra I think?

Robert: No you were a ridgeback last month and for Stormcatcher’s sake this isn’t even your office Joe.

(I don’t have particularly good memory, so I feel for Joe. To be fair, it smelled like his office, so it ought to be his now.)
C41-B82-D4-74-CF-41-F7-82-B0-DDEF5-B909503.gif
[quote name="Achaius" date="2024-05-01 07:36:31" ] I enjoy the idea of Baldwin strolling up to the Eleven and being like "hey, I can do that too." Baldwin is like Prometheus. He discovered the secret to the creation of life and shared it with the world. No longer is it the province of gods; now it is the province of everyone. -snip- [/quote] That's it, you win flightrising today because this was a [i]hilarious[/i] mental image.
Achaius wrote on 2024-05-01 07:36:31:
I enjoy the idea of Baldwin strolling up to the Eleven and being like "hey, I can do that too." Baldwin is like Prometheus. He discovered the secret to the creation of life and shared it with the world. No longer is it the province of gods; now it is the province of everyone.

-snip-

That's it, you win flightrising today because this was a hilarious mental image.
In my lore Baldwin is actually a deity; patron of alchemy and worldly creation lol..
In my lore Baldwin is actually a deity; patron of alchemy and worldly creation lol..
bopkvX7.png6uOrxEk.pnglPoxjfq.pngI90HedT.png4BDFKZ4.png
i had not thought of it like that, never making a bogsneak egg ever again [emoji=coatl happy size=1]
i had not thought of it like that, never making a bogsneak egg ever again
NcRl9aq.png
The reason I will NEVER intentionally own a Bogsneak. I did it for the achievement and nothing else. I feel similarly with Aberrations.
The reason I will NEVER intentionally own a Bogsneak. I did it for the achievement and nothing else. I feel similarly with Aberrations.
[quote name="SeahDaLune" date="2024-05-01 07:51:57" ] i always saw it as simple as dying your hair or getting a tattoo... i guess it's so casualified that no one bats an eye when a dragon sports a bunch of gems over their body overnight. [/quote] I never thought about gene/breed changes like this! Definitely integrating this into my FR headcanons/lore this is cool. Given how the dragons are [i]created by gods[/i] and exist in a fantasy, high-magic world, I don't think creating dragons or major cosmetic overhauls would be a huge surprise.
SeahDaLune wrote on 2024-05-01 07:51:57:
i always saw it as simple as dying your hair or getting a tattoo... i guess it's so casualified that no one bats an eye when a dragon sports a bunch of gems over their body overnight.

I never thought about gene/breed changes like this! Definitely integrating this into my FR headcanons/lore this is cool.

Given how the dragons are created by gods and exist in a fantasy, high-magic world, I don't think creating dragons or major cosmetic overhauls would be a huge surprise.
Slight-Eyewing.png __
they / he +2hr

xjB7OSe.png
mAiCJNJ.png
__ __ TVPeCAO.png __ Enchanted-Libra.png
1 2